What's wrong with this arrest?

I was curious that Scheer say he's so disrurbed by the arrest of Chief Allan Adam, so I looked it up on youtube.

I can't understand what's being said in that video - and what the issue was. 

But from what I can see - it's the chief that was quite aggressive.  What are cops to do when someone is resisting arrest?

Can someone please explain to me what I'm missing from that video.

54 minutes ago, betsy said:

I was curious that Scheer say he's so disrurbed by the arrest of Chief Allan Adam, so I looked it up on youtube.

I can't understand what's being said in that video - and what the issue was. 

But from what I can see - it's the chief that was quite aggressive.  What are cops to do when someone is resisting arrest?

Can someone please explain to me what I'm missing from that video.

You are not. Police are not taught to stand by passively while a civilian initiates a move to invade another  police officer's safety zone and then resist arrest. They err on the side of caution. In a situation like that a gun or weapon can be grabbed off the police officer to kill him or once close attack is initiated it may be too late to prevent harm.

In this case the police officers acted as per  their training. The only infraction was the intervenor using the term phacking .

The Chief actually should be charged we with disorderly conduct, assault uttering a threat.

This was a routine stop forcing expired plate. Chief Adam over-reacted. Had he stayed in the car, they might have only given a warning on the expired plate. 

All the people filming I guarantee you won't have the full episode. One of the reasons the police car is parked as it was is to enable the car camera to record the stop.

The only reason this is in the news is because of Floyd. Now in every incident of any will have everyone comparing 8t and claiming 8tsxanother Floyd if the person detained is non white.

This trivializes what happened to Floyd and other issues of abuse.

Most people have no clue shat a safety zone is or whatbhappenxcshdn you penetrate it.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah you missed where the 2nd cop showed up and escalated things for no good reason and without so much as a moments thought.

Wow you are psychic.  Look I am the first to challenge excessive force on a subdued man but you clearly can not.

I will say this to Shady directly, no matter what I think I concede the point we need all the info in any such incident. I will be the first to stick my head up my ass if it turns out Floyd had some good read on to do what he did. I am just reacting subjectively go each incident likecwecall do.

This one Eye sorry I see it differently.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yeah you missed where the 2nd cop showed up and escalated things for no good reason and without so much as a moments thought.

Yeah.   That's what hubby explained to me.   The first cop got everything under control - it was the second one that came rushing in who smashed the face of the chief.

• Like 1

I don't think the second cop should've thrown that punch.  however, the Chief was aggressive,  he took his coat off ready to fight.  All he had to do was stay inthe car, but he chose the aggressive, confrontational route.   T cops could not allow him to drive the truck with expired plates but he thought the law didn't apply to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Yeah.   That's what hubby explained to me.   The first cop got everything under control - it was the second one that came rushing in who smashed the face of the chief.

I disagree. I suggest you and hubby watch it again. The first cop had decided to arrest the chief. He grabbed his wrist and the chief was pulling back and cursing him. The second cop came rushing in and "tackled" the chief (not smashed him in the face), bringing him to the ground, which is standard police tactics for a suspect who is resisting arrest. The chief brought it on himself.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 3

Charlie Adam is an actor. He put on a show once before for what I'll call a Soros production.

https://torontosun.com/2014/01/17/first-nations-chief-received-55000-from-tides-foundation/wcm/e63d8d29-9c48-4db6-ba64-9c782fb886f2

Would you like to see how phoney this guy actually is? You've seen the video with your own eyes. Read the description from the left wing Huffington Post on what he and the progs of huff po say happened then all you have to do is ask yourself what you believe - next year's Oscar nominee's performance or your lying eyes.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/adam-allan-rcmp-beat_ca_5edc16fcc5b64a0af20f21c0

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 2

You know who "Chief" Chucky Adam reminds me of? This guy:

phillips-profile2.jpg

Here's a link if you don't recognize him:

https://militaryphony.com/2019/01/27/nathan-phillips-aka-nathan-stanard-u-s-marine-corps-vietnam-vet-blog-of-shame/

Wait...this one should do it:

nathan-phillips-confrontation.jpg

Nathan and Chief Chuck both know it doesn't matter what you say or how big the lie is. It's all in the production.

• Like 1

I think a lot of police officers will stop caring and the crime rate will go up. These police officers have families too, their job is stressful enough, do you think the average cop will risk enforcing the law to the full extent knowing that some member of the stasi might be around the corner with a camera ? 

This is what happens when unions are allowed to run things, like the police union, that rotten cop in the States should have been fired a long time ago if it wasn't for incompetence and stupidity. Because of that now society is affected with stupidity from the other side, low intellect anarchists.

• Like 2

The chief threatened violence against the cop a couple of times, he went into a karate stance twice.  He also forcibly grabbed the cop off his wife.  The 1st cop didn't have much he could do until backup arrived.  He seemed to have patience but he was actually just stalling for backup to arrive.

Then the chief resisted arrest.  The 2nd cop came in too aggressive, the force was a tad excessive but the chief needed to be subdued.  If you resist arrest expect to get hit.

If this were a white person nobody would bat and eyelash.  Politicians have to say omg how terrible or wingnuts will call them racist.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, scribblet said:

I don't think the second cop should've thrown that punch.  however, the Chief was aggressive,  he took his coat off ready to fight.  All he had to do was stay inthe car, but he chose the aggressive, confrontational route.   T cops could not allow him to drive the truck with expired plates but he thought the law didn't apply to him.

It was about expired plates?

7 hours ago, betsy said:

It was about expired plates?

It doesn't really matter what it started out to be. Once the chief started acting like Jean Claude Van Damme it was about something else entirely.

• Like 1

I think the "Chief" got what he wanted from this incident in the end.  If I had been stopped for an expired plate or something like that, it's my bad and I have to take responsibility for that. I would have no right to get angry at the officer or to blame him or her for doing their job. In this video, the Chief has clearly lost his temper and is acting in an aggressive manner. It's the duty of the police to stop drivers with expired plates, burnt out lights etc.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Rue said:

You are not. Police are not taught to stand by passively while a civilian initiates a move to invade another  police officer's safety zone and then resist arrest. They err on the side of caution. In a situation like that a gun or weapon can be grabbed off the police officer to kill him or once close attack is initiated it may be too late to prevent harm.

In this case the police officers acted as per  their training. The only infraction was the intervenor using the term phacking .

The Chief actually should be charged we with disorderly conduct, assault uttering a threat.

This was a routine stop forcing expired plate. Chief Adam over-reacted. Had he stayed in the car, they might have only given a warning on the expired plate. 

All the people filming I guarantee you won't have the full episode. One of the reasons the police car is parked as it was is to enable the car camera to record the stop.

The only reason this is in the news is because of Floyd. Now in every incident of any will have everyone comparing 8t and claiming 8tsxanother Floyd if the person detained is non white.

This trivializes what happened to Floyd and other issues of abuse.

Most people have no clue shat a safety zone is or whatbhappenxcshdn you penetrate it.

I agree with everything you said, but the punch when he was on the ground needs some explanation in my opinion.

The Cheif's an old drunk guy. There were two big cops there. 

Not to say that for sure that was abuse, but there's a chance it was and if so, it was against a senior citizen. 

Just total speculation - side note - - unrelated -  I've heard cops say, in defence of female cops being on the force, that they bring a different energy/perspective/solution set to the table sometimes. I wonder if this is an instance where a female cop arriving at the scene might have resulted in a better outcome. Does that make me insane? 

Worth noting that when CTV first tweeted this, the whole angry confrontation at the front was edited out. 

Those snakes did everything they could to make this look worse than it was. 

Here's the official version of the details from the world's foremost expert on climate change, race relations in America, Coronavirus and now Canadian law:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/very-disturbing-to-see-greta-thunberg-speaks-out-on-video-of-chief-allan-adam-s-rcmp-arrest-1.4982917

“I met with Chief Allan Adam in Fort McMurray last autumn and I’m shocked by this shameful abuse by the RCMP,”

There ya have it ya frickin' buncha idjits! NONE OF YOU HAD THE RIGHT ANSWER! It was "shameful abuse".

Book 'em Danno. 

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Worth noting that when CTV first tweeted this, the whole angry confrontation at the front was edited out. 

Those snakes did everything they could to make this look worse than it was. 

Here's the official version of the details from the world's foremost expert on climate change, race relations in America, Coronavirus and now Canadian law:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/very-disturbing-to-see-greta-thunberg-speaks-out-on-video-of-chief-allan-adam-s-rcmp-arrest-1.4982917

There ya have it ya frickin' buncha idjits! NONE OF YOU HAD THE RIGHT ANSWER! It was "shameful abuse".

Book 'em Danno. 

Yeah, the video was edited at CBC too.  Good thing I saw this longer version.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:24 PM, Independent1986 said:

I think a lot of police officers will stop caring and the crime rate will go up. These police officers have families too, their job is stressful enough, do you think the average cop will risk enforcing the law to the full extent knowing that some member of the stasi might be around the corner with a camera ?

If cops get cold feet responding to 911 calls - can we blame them?

I've just been to another site (American site), and someone was talking about cops in 3 countries refusing to respond to calls (he was among the callers) , and instead the callers were told by the cops they (the callers), have the right to defend themselves.  I don't know how true exactly that is....but at this current clime, it's not far-fetched to assume that there could be some truth to it.

I don't know what happened to the last MiqMaq shooting they're talking about yesterday - and coincidentally, another black shooting in Atlanta.  But, this is having quite an impact on law enforcement, and the decisions that will be  made by anxious elected leaders surrounding that.

Edited by betsy

On 6/12/2020 at 12:13 PM, eyeball said:

On 6/12/2020 at 4:13 PM, Argus said:

I disagree. I suggest you and hubby watch it again. The first cop had decided to arrest the chief. He grabbed his wrist and the chief was pulling back and cursing him. The second cop came rushing in and "tackled" the chief (not smashed him in the face), bringing him to the ground, which is standard police tactics for a suspect who is resisting arrest. The chief brought it on himself.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:10 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

The chief threatened violence against the cop a couple of times, he went into a karate stance twice.  He also forcibly grabbed the cop off his wife.  The 1st cop didn't have much he could do until backup arrived.  He seemed to have patience but he was actually just stalling for backup to arrive.

Then the chief resisted arrest.  The 2nd cop came in too aggressive, the force was a tad excessive but the chief needed to be subdued.  If you resist arrest expect to get hit.

I watched the video again.  I'll have to agree with Eyeball.

Timer: 6:55

The first cop did have things under control.  No matter what other scenarios preceded that - the first cop got this chief under control.

He had the chief's arm,  and the chief was not really resisting - they were walking together - when the second cop came running and slammed into the chief. 

There was no need for the second cop to react in that violent way.   The very presence of the second cop would establish that control even more.  All he had to do was be there, to see to it that there wouldn't be any problems, and be ready to assist as necessary.

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 1