Jump to content

This is now very little ability to disagree with the Left


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Riiiight. “Scientists”.

It’s funny how scientists are instantly discredited by everyone on the left when they say some thing that leftists don’t like, but as soon as one scientist says something that leftists like it’s carved in stone.

It's funny how utterly tone deaf you can be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

And like I said, even if somehow we stumbled onto some honest scientists and they got it right,

Well, clearly you consider yourself some kind of expert about absolutely everything, including whether or not scientists are right, wrong, honest or dishonest.  There's a term for your type: Dunning-Kruger Effect.  Basically its a cognitive bias whereby people who are incompetent at something are unable to recognize their own incompetence.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Well, clearly you consider yourself some kind of expert about absolutely everything, including whether or not scientists are right, wrong, honest or dishonest.  There's a term for your type: Dunning-Kruger Effect. 

Clearly you're willing to be led around by the nose by anyone who shows up on CNN. You have no ability whatsoever to catch people on blatant lies. That's why we can never see eye to eye.

Have you posted a cite for the BS you're plopping down? Nope.

You have to believe the subject matter that is being dumped on you because you have absolutely no way to fact check them. They're saying something that appears to be convenient for you so as far as you're concerned, it's gospel truth.

If 400 people got onto two planes, one plane went to Milan and one went to NYC, would they all have the same strain? 

Would you bet your life on the science that you're blindly propagating? Would you bet $100 that they can absolutely say for certain that everyone who got sick in NYC was infected via Europe?

Do you know what the chances are that what you're saying is even true? How many people do you think fly to NYC from China every day? How many come from Seattle, where the "Chinese" strain of the virus is? It's actually 100% impossible for people in NYC to not be infected via Seattle or China, and if covid is as contagious as it's rumoured to be then it got on the subway system and spread like wildfire.

The theory that you're peddling is actually stupid dialamah, compared to basic common sense like blocking the path of the virus and wearing masks? LMAO.

I want to congratulate you for trying so hard to cover for Trudeau's stupidity, but at the same time, you're like a Nazi with your undying loyalty to a dreadfully unworthy "leader".

Quote

Basically its a cognitive bias whereby people who are incompetent at something are unable to recognize their own incompetence.  

If I'm the incompetent one here then why was I able to properly predict how to fight covid when YOUR BELOVED SCIENTISTS AND DOCTORS were all 100% wrong? Why does this new "evidence" seem to do damage control for their stupidity? Why did countries like Japan, who did the things that I proposed, do so well compared to Canada? You don't know. That's the actual answer to everything dalamah. You never know. You're on the wrong side of this one and you just refuse to admit it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, marcus said:

There are some initial steps we need to take in full.

POEM Author: Unknown Monk 1100 A.D.

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Not surprised.  The insanely extreme generally think little of those who don't share their insanity.  

I'm not the one defending the position that "blocking travel is bad and masks are bad". That would be you. Dr Tam even backtracked on both counts, and looks like a total idiot for being in that position. 

You're the one who refuses to take your media to task for blindly propagating the advice of Dr Tam/Trudeau/WHO and for demonizing countries like Japan (just Trump actually) for doing the right things. 

Could you take a second right now to acknowledge just how blatantly wrong their advice was? Do you understand that when you do, you'll be admitting that I was right months ago while you were wallowing in stupidity and ignorance? 

Thanks for coming out again dialamah. 

Next time you want science advice, ignore CNN and ask me what's up. I promise to tell you the truth, and you should know for certain that CNN will not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Clearly you're willing to be led around by the nose by anyone who shows up on CNN.

I get info from diverse sources; I recently linked a Fox news source just for you.  

If I'm going to believe anyone, it's not going to be some right-wing Trump supporter.  Unlike you, I understand that when a completely new thing appears, it's going to take some time to figure it out; that applies to stars, deep sea animals and viruses.  I understand that as knowledge grows, information and advice may change.  Unlike you, I don't consider these people infallible, and don't find it necessary to discredit or ignore them because they changed their direction based on available evidence. 

Not long ago, some people were lauding Sweden for not shutting down; now, they are admitting that may have been a mistake.  Different countries have had different strategies, some more effective than others. The entire world has a learning curve on this virus that's just begun. 

19 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You have no ability whatsoever to catch people on blatant lies. That's why we can never see eye to eye.

No, its because if the blatant hypocrisy you're being caught in.  You won't give anyone room to learn or change - except Trump.  You dismiss or ignore or excuse Trump's mistakes while treating Trudeau's like a major crime for which he should be drawn and quartered.  You're extremely partisan and that makes you stupid.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Next time you want science advice, ignore CNN and ask me what's up.

Pfft.   I haven't used a single CNN source.  In the last few days, I've used CTV, ABC, NYT, Guardian, Telegrah, Advisory, Officer Down Advisory and Fox News as sources.  

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I promise to tell you the truth, and you should know for certain that CNN will not

Trust a single-source partisan knee-jerk reactionary for the truth?   You're kidding  right?

Edited by dialamah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Independent1986 said:

POEM Author: Unknown Monk 1100 A.D.

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

In all honesty, the first change that a person needs to make is to really open their eyes and catch people lying to them. In this day and age it's really easy, because it's quite blatant, quite frequently. 

The main problem is that people are too scared of cognitive dissonance. They can't entertain the possibility that "their side" was wrong and the "other side" was right. They can't let that first domino tip over because they know where it leads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Argus said:

"In area after area, what were religious positions have been translated into political positions. One of the reasons why twitter is so horrible is that woke culture has now become a new orthodoxy. And the twitterati enforce it as though they were Dominican inquisitors. And if you actually look at twitter basting, if those people could burn you, in real life, they would. Far from a liberalization of culture, we're enforcing a new orthodoxy. These are new articles of faith."

"I think one of the reasons why we don't find much wokery in France, or Italy is because all of this liberalism we're talking about latches onto the back of English puritanism and non-conformity, that immense self-righteousness, that belief you are the elect, that belief that most of the rest of human beings are deplorable people. You know, it's the Salem witch trials. They've got to be whipped into line because they're fundamentally wicked. The Left believes people with beliefs like mine are not simply wrong but are fundamentally wicked." -- David Starkey

I had to backtrack on this thread to find out what it was actually about. Near as I can figure the one above was the last on-topic post.

I think he has a point. In fact if you look around it's almost like the progressive left is hijacking religion. There are all kinds of treatises online about how Global Warmists are like religious Zealots. I think novelist/Doctor, Michael Crichton had some good ones about that. The Pope is a total Progressive. Religion in general is rejecting traditional values to shift more to social justice warring and less about God and spirituality.

Marx said religion was the "opiate of the masses." The progressive/neo/cultural Marxists of today seem to be about foisting a new drug on the masses.

And if you don't agree you're a heretic. You need to be attacked until you're submitting on your knee.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of going off-topic though, I just discovered something that may or may not be on-topic.

Did you know you can't post here using a browser like Tor? Google doesn't like it. If they can't monitor what you're posting they'll block it. They have that power. Google is run by leftists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I get info from diverse sources; I recently linked a Fox news source just for you.  

If I'm going to believe anyone, it's not going to be some right-wing Trump supporter.  Unlike you, I understand that when a completely new thing appears, it's going to take some time to figure it out; that applies to stars, deep sea animals and viruses.  I understand that as knowledge grows, information and advice may change.  Unlike you, I don't consider these people infallible, and don't find it necessary to discredit or ignore them because they changed their direction based on available evidence. 

Not long ago, some people were lauding Sweden for not shutting down; now, they are admitting that may have been a mistake.  Different countries have had different strategies, some more effective than others. The entire world has a learning curve on this virus that's just begun. 

 

If you have so many sources, how can you be so wrong with metronome consistency? 

FYI the learning curve on pandemics isn't new. Taiwan and Japan didn't invent masks and travel bans. 

Can you find where I complimented Sweden's complacency? If you wanna go there, sadly you'll find nothing.

Maybe in their socialist quagmire they wanted to cull the herd a bit? Horrible theory, but Trudeau did everything he could to let the virus into Canada as well up until March 16th, and then he hid in his own basement. This isn't a "top of mind' theory, but ya gotta wonder why a nation's response to a pandemic would be to do nothing at all. There aren't a whole lot of other great ideas that spring to mind, and no I don't believe that Dr Tam and the entire WHO were dumb enough to believe that blocking travel and wearing masks was bad. 

Quote

No, its because if the blatant hypocrisy you're being caught in.  You won't give anyone room to learn or change - except Trump.  You dismiss or ignore or excuse Trump's mistakes while treating Trudeau's like a major crime for which he should be drawn and quartered.  You're extremely partisan and that makes you stupid.  

I've acknowledged Trump's many flaws, many times. I just don't automatically conclude that he's lying because he groped some floozies. I didn't assume that about Trudeau or B Clinton either. That's because I'm not a hypocrite, like every Lib or Dem toady on this site.

Did CBC question Trudeau's weird advice re: covid? Were they criticl in hindsight? Or were they too bust being critical of Trump, and Canadian conservatives who questioned Dr Tam's advice (and rightly so)? 

The topic of hypocrisy doesn't flatter you or your idiotic "news" sources d. I'd cut and run from this one of I was you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Speaking of going off-topic though, I just discovered something that may or may not be on-topic.

Did you know you can't post here using a browser like Tor? Google doesn't like it. If they can't monitor what you're posting they'll block it. They have that power. Google is run by leftists.

Never heard of it. I'll google it lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Pfft.   I haven't used a single CNN source.  In the last few days, I've used CTV, ABC, NYT, Guardian, Telegrah, Advisory, Officer Down Advisory and Fox News as sources.  

 

You must know that CNN and NYT are cut from the same cloth right? It's like an echo chamber for misinformation. Add Snopes to that list.

It's like the triumvirate of tripe. Print, media, and internet "fact"-checking, all rolled into one heinous blob.

Quote

Trust a single-source partisan knee-jerk reactionary for the truth?   You're kidding  right?

Catch me on a lie, then we'll talk. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Never heard of it. I'll google it lol.

They did the same thing at another board I used to post at but with that one the guy had something set up where you could post to news stories. Somehow, Google took charge of that end of the postings and you couldn't post there unless you allowed Google's scripts. He might have fixed that though.

Edited by Infidel Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

In all honesty, the first change that a person needs to make is to really open their eyes and catch people lying to them. In this day and age it's really easy, because it's quite blatant, quite frequently. 

The main problem is that people are too scared of cognitive dissonance. They can't entertain the possibility that "their side" was wrong and the "other side" was right. They can't let that first domino tip over because they know where it leads.

Are you speaking from personal experience?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, marcus said:

Your statement shows that you don't understand the disadvantage and the word priviledge.

Here is a video that might help you understand:

Only a very small percentage of people who are able to overcome the big disadvantage they have in starting life. You calling people "lazy and useless" is why we're not moving forward quick enough to have a better society. 

Or in other words, if one is white you are privileged. Seeing that North America was founded and settled by white people, why would they not pretty much have all of the jobs? Although today in North America it will be nonwhite people that are starting to become the privilege ones. Don't believe me? Just wait and see. And the more new immigrants coming from nonwhite countries the worse it will get for white people. Believe it or not. Racism appears to be now against white people. Prove me wrong if you can? The floor is yours. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is the goal of the people(large numbers of them)doing the rioting and the looting?What they all have in common is that they would all identify as progressives. They have no intention of waiting until all the facts come out on this case. It's difficult to disagree with anyone on the left because of the inevitable cries of racism.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Never heard of it. I'll google it lol.

All social media outfits are pretty much all leftist liberal globalist owned, and they do have the power to block anything that they do not want to see posted, and pretty much will now block anything that appears to be of a Republican or conservative nature. The deep state globalist social media has become a danger to freedom of speech. Just saying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ironstone said:

What is the goal of the people(large numbers of them)doing the rioting and the looting?What they all have in common is that they would all identify as progressives. They have no intention of waiting until all the facts come out on this case. It's difficult to disagree with anyone on the left because of the inevitable cries of racism.

Indeed. Those so called BLM looters and thugs should have waited to see if charges were to be laid against the cops. But why pass up on a chance to do a little looting here and there anyway while you are waiting. And why the people of Canada and the people in Europe were demonstrating in regards to this incident is beyond me. It had nothing to do with those two people. But Canadians will never pass up a chance to demonstrate if some black guy gets killed by the police in America.

There are more white people being shot and killed by white and black cops in America than black people being shot and killed but we never see the same gang of Canadian buffoons get out there and demonstrate against cops shooting any white people and killing them in America who never even had any weapons of any sort on them. I guess that white lives do not matter anymore, eh? But what else is new these days.  

When will Canadians ever learn to mind their own bloody dam business? If Canadians can butt into American affairs they are right there. Pathetic bunch of creatures indeed. :unsure:  

Edited by taxme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

It's difficult to disagree with anyone on the left because of the inevitable cries of racism.

I am very happy I found this forum because it allows me to expose my ideas here and therefore it decreased my tendency to talk politics in real life which in this environment is not good to do.

Having said this, maybe a lawyer can confirm this but aren't there slander/defamation laws on the book ? Because obviously my ideas are not in line with extremists on both sides and as you all notice I have a big mouth, I love to talk. 

I just want to educate myself in case of a scenario arises IN REAL LIFE and people start throwing words around that might damage what I worked for to politely ask them to stop because is not based on facts, just emotions or else I will contact a lawyer and a judge can look at the facts. Life is too short to get upset, if someone accuses you of something that might damage your reputation in real life and you know deep down they are lying, maybe is time to drag them through a lengthy trial.

Edited by Independent1986
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, Army Guy said:

 

These hiring practices where put in place to try and level the playing field, and if you cancel these practices , just how do you solve the problem ? 

There is no bloody problem at all in Canada. It is our dear comrade leaders and the lying leftist liberal media that creates all of our problems. White people do not owe nonwhite people anything. It's just those dam politically correct leftist liberal politicians and the lying media that are always looking for some kind of racist act so they then can shout out RACISM. It seems that the only thing that the lying Canadian media really care about is racism that may or has been done to some nonwhite person. Deplorable bunch of nitwits. Just saying. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,771
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    joebialek
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Matthew earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CouchPotato earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CouchPotato went up a rank
      Contributor
    • Akalupenn earned a badge
      First Post
    • CouchPotato went up a rank
      Explorer
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...