Classical Liberal Rex Murphy Rips the Green Party to Shreds

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

Rex Murphy is one of Canada's most well-respected ivy-league commentators. Many see him as a east coast liberal, but he's also a economic and political pragmatist. He just wrote a piece in the National Post, letting us know exactly, what he thinks of Elizabeth May and the Green Party of Canada.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-only-the-greens-and-separatists-could-find-opportunity-in-a-pandemic

"There is the great number of people who leave their house every morning to put in an honest eight or 12 hours in a mine, oilfield or forest, and another set who tweet a lot, shuffle out grim press releases by the mile and stage gimmicky protests, all in an effort to stop the first bunch from having any work to go to. The hive of climate activists do nothing but sneer at those who keep the nation moving."

"This latest battery from May reveals a cardinal element in the green world: environmentalism is a species of snobbery."

Edited by ProudConservative

This is another example of how weak minded some Canadians are to, buy into all this garbage, now I get BC and New Brunswick being the one of the hubs for these morons, but Quebec, what in the hell is going on, why have so many Quebecor's attached their boat to Blanchette are they that desperate ? are they that against oil, or is it they just don't like anyone from the west....Anyways someone should bitch slap the both of them....put them back on track.....

20 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This is another example of how weak minded some Canadians are to, buy into all this garbage, now I get BC and New Brunswick being the one of the hubs for these morons, but Quebec, what in the hell is going on, why have so many Quebecor's attached their boat to Blanchette are they that desperate ? are they that against oil, or is it they just don't like anyone from the west....Anyways someone should bitch slap the both of them....put them back on track.....

As I read elsewhere, the ADQ is a rural party which gets almost no support from the cities. It got only 2 seats in and around Montreal. The virus is concentrated mostly in Montreal, and there is little or none of it in the outlying regions. Montreal is staying closed. It is the outlying areas opening up.

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Murphy is a shill for the oil industry right?  Wasn't it shown that he was commenting on the industry while taking money?

Why should I read another corrupt commentator with his hands taking money under the table?

Because you believe all the 'corrupt' commentators and scientists bleating about global warming whose entire livelihoods are based on that.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

People of Canada are in fact partially responsible for where we are now and the reason is very simple and clear APATHY , We as Canadians believe that the moment we exit the voting station on election day our job is done when in fact that is just the start. We should then watch everything that our leaders do and when we do not agree we should be writing letters ( they are free , no postage needed ) we should be Calling the toll free line to the PMO ,Faxing letters and E-mailing. But that is not what happens. People will go on social media and complain but that is where it usually ends.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sillywalker said:

People of Canada are in fact partially responsible for where we are now and the reason is very simple and clear APATHY , We as Canadians believe that the moment we exit the voting station on election day our job is done when in fact that is just the start. We should then watch everything that our leaders do and when we do not agree we should be writing letters ( they are free , no postage needed ) we should be Calling the toll free line to the PMO ,Faxing letters and E-mailing. But that is not what happens. People will go on social media and complain but that is where it usually ends.

I agree, for the most part most Canadians are to lazy to any take action, and they do express, most if not all their frustrations on social media....Perhaps they feel that all the actions you listed are not paid attention to, clogged with ideas from the good idea fairy who wears a tin foil cap or other useless issues. I'd like to know just what percentage of the ideas that are sent from your list actually get to the minister in charge or to anyone that is capable of making change or championing that idea to a higher level. Thats what I think is the problem, most think those types of actions go unheard....

What I do know is they do follow most social media outlets to see what is going on, or through polling to see what ideas they have , and are they popular with the voters... Any politician these days almost has to be an expert in managing social media to their benefit. 

On 5/9/2020 at 11:41 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Murphy is a shill for the oil industry right?  Wasn't it shown that he was commenting on the industry while taking money?

Why should I read another corrupt commentator with his hands taking money under the table?

And hear I thought the Liberals had already established that taking money is OK....Did SNC not contribute large amounts of funds to the liberal Campaign, for future considerations, it's probably not the same, and yet Justin did save the day in the SNC scandal. SNC did bribe foreign diplomats with money, cars and hookers to get contracts and at the end of the day that was OK....unless you were the justice minister then it sucked...

On 5/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Really Rex Murphy an oil shill?  Give me a break Mikey. He hates everyone equally. Please do not tell me you can not recall him supporting special treatment for any oil company he never has. The fact that he challenged Trudeau's lack of leadership on the oil pipeline issue does not make him an oil shill and he has never supported any policy that endangers the environment. As a Newfoundlander he made several mentions of how Hibernia was environmentally with great risk. Geez M. Harder,  Rex is my main man now that Gwynne Dyer (another Newfoundlander) is no longer on the air. Other then that it is Chantal (Butch) Hebert.  Its bad enough you commies took Don Cherry off the air. Have you no decency man...he is a Canadian icon. He is the last literate journalist in the land next to Chantal and come to think of it they look more and more the same as thye age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Really Rex Murphy an oil shill?  Give me a break Mikey. He hates everyone equally.  

https://www.canadalandshow.com/rex-murphy-and-big-oil-national-post-responds-0/

With conflict of interest, you don't let it continue and keep asking if the article he wrote was fair or not...

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

With conflict of interest, you don't let it continue and keep asking if the article he wrote was fair or not...

He gets paid to speak, so what? You don't think Trudeau did speaking engagements before he was PM? Is Trudeau disqualified from having an opinion then? Do you think that Trudeau got bribed by SNC, like Michel Fournier did? Fournier got $2.3M just for a $127M bridge contract. That's peanuts compared to the $150B in infrastructure spending that SNC wanted Trudeau to get them access to. There's 1,000 times as much money up for grabs. What would SNC bribe Trudeau for his help? Have you noticed the great lengths that Trudeau went to to help SNC?

How many people/companies pay for expensive meals at Liberal fundraisers? Again, should Trudeau be banned from being PM? I bet you anything that there are quite a few SNC employees snatching up those seats. 

Did Rex Murphy say something that didn't make perfect sense Michael Hardner? Maybe you should speak to the context of Murphy's speech instead of just doing an ad hominem post and then sticking your head in the sand. Grow up. All you Liberal fanboys act like 8 yr olds. 

On 5/9/2020 at 7:19 PM, Army Guy said:

Trudeau's family business has been pumping Saudi oil into cars for generations now.

E May is Canada's AOC. She actually thinks that Canada will somehow be a world manufacturing hub for solar & other green energy solutions, and she dreams that shit up while she's also dreaming about high minimum wages, paid benefits, free everything for everybody, etc.

She has no idea how labour costs work, let alone an entire economy. 

What she knows about economics would fit in a nutshell and rattle.

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. He gets paid to speak, so what?
2. You don't think Trudeau did speaking engagements before he was PM?
3. Do you think that Trudeau got bribed by SNC, like Michel Fournier did?
4. Did Rex Murphy say something that didn't make perfect sense Michael Hardner?
5. Maybe you should speak to the context of Murphy's speech instead of just doing an ad hominem post and then sticking your head in the sand. Grow up. All you Liberal fanboys act like 8 yr olds. 

1. Thanks for falling in line with the double standard on conflicts-of-interest.    No surprise that Conservatives and Liberals get different rules from you.
2. Not while he's legislating... of course you would shreik in shock if a Liberal did this.  No surprise.
3. I haven't heard that.  I would guess not, though.  There was already political capital in NOT having SNC fail, just like the pipeline.  Do you think he got bribed to bail out the pipeline ?  Trudeau's corruption is part-systemic and part-going-for contributions and support...
4. I don't know - I'm just wondering if he got paid to say it.
5. Awwww... jeez so sorry I made you feel bad WestCan.   I can just imagine your face getting really red right now... boy oh boy...  I know you're definitely not a snowflake but maybe your corruption glasses filter out the colour blue ?  

Also I don't like Trudeau.  He wastes money on Pipelines to make people like you call him a Stalinist etc... 

But other than that, carry on... :lol:

1. Thanks for falling in line with the double standard on conflicts-of-interest.    No surprise that Conservatives and Liberals get different rules from you.
2. Not while he's legislating... of course you would shreik in shock if a Liberal did this.  No surprise.

Unless you consider all those 'lunches' he had with groups of Chinese businessmen, all donating the maximum to his campaign, all telling him how he has to be nice to China, as a conflict of interest. But I guess that doesn't count.

What Rex Murphy does in the bright light of day isn't a worry for me. 

Of course you're 100% wrong, as usual MH: https://torontosun.com/2013/02/14/justin-trudeau-says-hes-a-millionaire/wcm/dc228770-0abc-4f13-88fd-e03142cd5be6

3. I haven't heard that.  I would guess not, though.  There was already political capital in NOT having SNC fail, just like the pipeline.  Do you think he got bribed to bail out the pipeline ?  Trudeau's corruption is part-systemic and part-going-for contributions and support...

CBC is well aware that SNC was caught bribing a Lib politician before, they just conveniently neglected to mention it during the SNC scandal. Don't forget that one of the first things that Trudeau did after he got elected was give the CBC $695M.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fournier-charged-snc-lavalin-1.4260367 - This article still pops up when I navigate to it but then it all goes away almost instantly.

4. I don't know - I'm just wondering if he got paid to say it.

You have a long history of taking Libs/Dems/MSM at their word no matter how ridiculous the claim, yet you won't even glance at Rex Murphy's article because he doesn't meet your lofty standards lol. What a crock of shit.

5. Awwww... jeez so sorry I made you feel bad WestCan.   I can just imagine your face getting really red right now... boy oh boy...  I know you're definitely not a snowflake but maybe your corruption glasses filter out the colour blue ?  

I never said my feelings were hurt, I said that you debate like a child, and I gave the exact reason why. It wasn't an unsupported or unverified accusation.

Also I don't like Trudeau.  He wastes money on Pipelines to make people like you call him a Stalinist etc... 

But other than that, carry on... :lol:

You just proved once again that you don't know wtf you're talking about, who do you think this guy :lol: was laughing at? 

Guest ProudConservative
On 5/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, Michael Hardner said:

When did environmentalist become so obsessed about oil? David Suzuki use to comment about why how monoculture is dangerous in ecology. Well isn't monoculture just as bad in politics? With the greens, all you see to get is scapegoating of the oil industry... as if there isn't 1000 other industries doing bad things to the environment, with little to no pushback. I guess I can't stand the greens, because they've sensationalized environmentalism, to try and drag their followers into an anti Canadian-energy cult.

Environmentalism started with concerns over deforestation, but we rarely hear about... sustainable forestry. Environmentalism use to be about, informing the public against the dangers of toxic chemicals, but you barely hear about that. Environmentalism use to be about the safety of nuclear power plants, but we hardly heard a word from the Green party during Fukushima.

I don't get why it's ok to receive oil that was shipped over the entire ocean from Saudi Arabia, but we can't use oil from another province? How's that better for the environment? It seems to be like the green party cares more about stirring up controversy, than actually fixing real-world environmental problems.

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
8 hours ago, Rue said:

Really Rex Murphy an oil shill?  Give me a break Mikey. He hates everyone equally. Please do not tell me you can not recall him supporting special treatment for any oil company he never has. The fact that he challenged Trudeau's lack of leadership on the oil pipeline issue does not make him an oil shill and he has never supported any policy that endangers the environment. As a Newfoundlander he made several mentions of how Hibernia was environmentally with great risk. Geez M. Harder,  Rex is my main man now that Gwynne Dyer (another Newfoundlander) is no longer on the air. Other then that it is Chantal (Butch) Hebert.  Its bad enough you commies took Don Cherry off the air. Have you no decency man...he is a Canadian icon. He is the last literate journalist in the land next to Chantal and come to think of it they look more and more the same as thye age.

He's one of the last sane liberals too.

44 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

1. When did environmentalist become so obsessed about oil?
2. David Suzuki use to comment about why how monoculture is dangerous in ecology. Well isn't monoculture just as bad in politics? 
3. With the greens, all you see to get is scapegoating of the oil industry... as if there isn't 1000 other industries doing bad things to the environment, with little to no pushback.
4. Environmentalism started with concerns over deforestation, but we rarely hear about... sustainable forestry.   Environmentalism use to be about, informing the public against the dangers of toxic chemicals, but you barely hear about that. Environmentalism use to be about the safety of nuclear power plants, but we hardly heard a word from the Green party during Fukushima.
5. I don't get why it's ok to receive oil that was shipped over the entire ocean from Saudi Arabia, but we can't use oil from another province? How's that better for the environment? It seems to be like the green party cares more about stirring up controversy, than actually fixing real-world environmental problems.

1. Uh.  From the start ?  I dunno ... but a long time.  The environmental movement started in the 60s and got going in the 70s, with oil being protested in 1970 rooted in the 1950s and maybe Henry David Thoreau.
2. Most definitely.  We need conservatives and liberals both commenting on the best way to phase out fossil fuels.
3. They do comment on other things but we have to prioritize, right ?  
4. I don't know about the claims here.  It started with general 'earth consciousness' ie. hippy culture, pot smoking, and folk guitar music.  Earth day was 1970.  Sustainable forestry is kind of a thing now, so maybe they just WON that battle ?  Also "you barely hear" depends on what else is happening, what media you read and so on.  I don't want to base any decisions on what you hear in the media.
5. Me neither.  I would understand that 'phasing out' means we still use it for awhile ... maybe.  And Trudeau seems to think that also.  From what I can see he's very middle of the road on this file, but the Alberta political mafia thinks that they can win people over without compromising.  They are going to have to give up at some point.

57 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

When did environmentalist become so obsessed about oil? David Suzuki use to comment about why how monoculture is dangerous in ecology. Well isn't monoculture just as bad in politics? With the greens, all you see to get is scapegoating of the oil industry... as if there isn't 1000 other industries doing bad things to the environment, with little to no pushback. I guess I can't stand the greens, because they've sensationalized environmentalism, to try and drag their followers into an anti Canadian-energy cult.

Environmentalism started with concerns over deforestation, but we rarely hear about... sustainable forestry. Environmentalism use to be about, informing the public against the dangers of toxic chemicals, but you barely hear about that. Environmentalism use to be about the safety of nuclear power plants, but we hardly heard a word from the Green party during Fukushima.

David Suzuki is another hypocrite/global warming alarmist with a bunch of mega-homes. https://torontosun.com/2013/10/10/david-suzuki-a-man-of-property/wcm/949b5f61-4d5f-4848-874d-1c738b18f821

"Stop driving, you worthless peons! Your carbon footprints are way too big! They should be less than 10 of what mine is!!!!!!!!"

My favourite thing is when those climate hypocrites, like our own village idiot, buy "carbon offsets". https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/bonokoski-trudeau-buys-clear-conscience-with-carbon-credits

It's basically just a way of saying "eat shit, retards" to their sycophant horde so that they can cruise around in private jets and yachts in between climate lectures.

Edited by WestCanMan

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You call that a conflict? I call it free enterprise and making a living. Hey the fact I get paid by my clients does not mean I enjoy being phacked by them..its a living. 

Edited by Rue

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Let me remind myself not to retain you. :lol:

Touche.lol...ps between you and me let us just say he won't be hired by Greenpeace to do their media relations. I doth protest in his defence  with a degree of feigned indignation.

Edited by Rue

53 minutes ago, Rue said:

Touche.lol...ps between you and me let us just say he won't be hired by Greenpeace to do their media relations. I doth protest in his defence  with a degree of feigned indignation.

On the other hand if I'm charged with conflict of interest, especially being fired from the CBC, I will call you first.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:29 AM, Army Guy said:

I agree, for the most part most Canadians are to lazy to any take action, and they do express, most if not all their frustrations on social media....Perhaps they feel that all the actions you listed are not paid attention to, clogged with ideas from the good idea fairy who wears a tin foil cap or other useless issues. I'd like to know just what percentage of the ideas that are sent from your list actually get to the minister in charge or to anyone that is capable of making change or championing that idea to a higher level. Thats what I think is the problem, most think those types of actions go unheard....

What I do know is they do follow most social media outlets to see what is going on, or through polling to see what ideas they have , and are they popular with the voters... Any politician these days almost has to be an expert in managing social media to their benefit. 

Well I did change the Canada disability act allowing crones and ileitis to be listed as real disabilities instead of being called diseases that are in the head.  I helped stop the liberal caucus from traveling Canada looking for systemic racism , I led the silent protest 2 years ago on the May long weekend. Got the government to open washrooms in many Canada employment centers for clients to use. I have sent over 10,000 letters this year to members of parliament while at the same time teaching people how to take an active role in government by using their democratic voice not just whining on sites like this. I am all so fighting for total governmental  Recall. Apathy is the enemy of any country . Why what have you done?