Next few weeks will be the turning point for China on battling Covid-19

xul

This week is the so-call "May 1st Golden Week" in China, which means nationwide mandatory holidays from May 1st to May 5th. The authority estimates that over 100 million people will, locally or nationwide, go out for tour, shopping, dining, etc. Recently the central and provincial governments cautiously  left most restricts which were put on during Wuhan outbreak and lengthen the holiday from 3 days to 5 days to encourage consumers spending more money to boost domestic market meanwhile also put on some restricts on tourism resorts and restaurants by requiring them not running over 30% of their full capacities to reduce the chance of a possible major outbreak or 2nd wave.

If the government's strategy succeeds, the government and common people will be more confident on backing to normal life and China will lead on recovering form the economic recession caused by the pandemic and China will have to hear more harsh words from Trump, because of his frustration of course . If the strategy fails, there will be a 2nd wave which will be more disastrous than the 1st one.

When we are waiting to see the results, lets watch some video to see what's going on in China now:

1. A Wuhan resident uploaded a video showing his and his wife's life on May 1st in Wuhan city.

(At 5:02 when he was eating, he said "It's good without wearing a mask. I'm really tired of it")

2. A Taiwan TV channel reports tourism resorts in Hunan, Shanxi and Hangzhou province.

3. Another Taiwan TV channel reports a tourist resort in Shandong province, Beijing and Shanghai city.

4. Someone uploaded a video showing a tour to a park in the outskirt of my home city Beijing:

So if China government did lie on the extent of the outbreak in China, which means there would be a million infected like US and lots of asymptomatic virus carriers left, there would be a massive outbreak in China within a few weeks.

Or if there isn't a 2nd wave, it is probably true that the outbreak in China was only limited in Wuhan city and Hubei province. In a country with 1.4 billion people, no one can stop a nationwide outbreak and get everything back to normal just within 2 or 3 months, even a communist dictatorship regime just can't achieve this.

Edited by xul
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Will the Uighur Muslims be heading out for picnic too?

Only those terrorists, regardless they are Muslims or not, are not allowed going out....

If Muslims were mistreated in China, why weren't there many Muslim countries but western media caring the situation in China?

Muslim countries' silence on China’s repression of Uighurs

Because they know who used to mistreat Muslims just for fun.

Chinese re-eductation camp vs US camp:

1. Chinese

2. US

Edited by xul

Not necesssarily. The enemy of your enemy is not your friend just because of a  temporary inconvenience that prevents them from killing you  in the moment of inconvenience. Been there lived that. The bullet is a second away from anyone  anywhere, at any moment. It's also usually the person you agree with who shoots you in the back. Such is the way of homo sapiens. 

Regards, Julius Caesar

China's system of economics and government is a serious issue in regards to how this impacts on global security. Its actual people are more immediately threatened by it  than you and I.

We tend to blame the people of countries for and having the exact same attributes as their governments. Their government doesn't help prevent that stereotype  propping itself through names like Xul.

All I know is the back lash as to anyone who " looks" Chinese for this virus is inevitable in coming covid 19 reaction  stories in the media and forum. The difference in standards of hygiene between and West will come out.

Unpopular and politically inappropriate debates are inevitable. Hygiene practices across China practiced by it's people are dangerous and responsible for virus pandemics. If China does not crack down on its lack of hygiene practices its people will bare the brunt of hatred and distrust when they leave China. Refusing to apologize for the virus has put a huge negative burden on overseas Chinese to carry. 

So how the hell do we clean up the markets in China...you think Peking puppets like Xul are even allowed to discuss it? Hah. Did you not hear? There is no virus in China. The WHO said so. Xul is now out kissing babies and parading...where have you been? Long live China..

Edited by Rue

11 hours ago, Rue said:

All I know is the back lash as to anyone who " looks" Chinese for this virus is inevitable in coming covid 19 reaction  stories in the media and forum. The difference in standards of hygiene between and West will come out.

That's what screwed your folks isn't it things like looks, hygiene the fear you were trying to control the world?

I suppose I'll have to move my grand-kids out here to the boonies and get a bunch of guns now.  Oh...right...shit...now what?

Guess I'll have to go hunt down a few rednecks and take what I need. As I recall just sitting around waiting for it didn't do your folks much good did it?

Edited by eyeball

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

That's what screwed your folks isn't it things like looks, hygiene the fear you were trying to control the world?

I suppose I'll have to move my grand-kids out here to the boonies and get a bunch of guns now.  Oh...right...shit...now what?

Guess I'll have to go hunt down a few rednecks and take what I need. As I recall just sitting around waiting for it didn't do your folks much good did it?

Your response is disjointed.

My folks were scattered and had no nation like China. We were not the majority population on the planet, did not use a centralized government to create trade imbalances or sell contaminated meat. We were however like Chinese people today  visibly different. Our virus was  the collective guilt of the murder of Jesus. Their cross to bare is covid 19. 

China's government  has made its citizens a world target for hatred unless and until it demonstrates openly a willingness to apologize and clean up its markets. 

If it does not mount a pr apology offensive and make acreal effort to crack down on wet market practices China may alienate the very people it needs to have goodwill with to sell to.

Edited by Rue

17 hours ago, Rue said:

Your response is disjointed.

My folks were scattered and had no nation like China. We were not the majority population on the planet, did not use a centralized government to create trade imbalances or sell contaminated meat. We were however like Chinese people today  visibly different. Our virus was  the collective guilt of the murder of Jesus. Their cross to bare is covid 19. 

China's government  has made its citizens a world target for hatred unless and until it demonstrates openly a willingness to apologize and clean up its markets. 

If it does not mount a pr apology offensive and make acreal effort to crack down on wet market practices China may alienate the very people it needs to have goodwill with to sell to.

Out of every 4 person on earth one speaks and looks Chinese. You cannot undermine China nor the influence they have demonstrated in the sphere of buying large companies and setting investments in all western countries. They have the buying power as they have demonstrated time and time again. A large economy like china which exports literally everything to other countries on earth does not have to apologise for anything.  What do you want to happen putting sanctions on them post Covid.19? It ain't happening. We are dependent on their goods.

Btw this is not a reflection of my view on China or the way it treats its own citizens. It’s just expressing the fact that an economy twice the size of Japan with such big population cannot be dictated with rhetorics nor stopped...

7 hours ago, kactus said:

You cannot undermine China nor the influence they have demonstrated in the sphere of buying large companies and setting investments in all western countries.

They have the buying power as they have demonstrated time and time again. 

We are dependent on their goods.

Btw this is not a reflection of my view on China or the way it treats its own citizens. It’s just expressing the fact that an economy twice the size of Japan with such big population cannot be dictated with rhetorics nor stopped...

I condensed down your words not to misquote you just to get to the crux of your statement.

It is true some people believe China is an invincible empire. You however need to read the history of China to understand it has had many invincible empires that crumbled. The crumbling comes from within.

China's strengths are its very weaknesses. It has no economic power if people do not buy its goods. As we speak its foreign markets are shut down and dying,. In their place will be smaller supply chains much much less foreign exchange and trade and a pendulum swing back to local, domestically produced  products. We have all learned from Covid 19 over dependence on foreign producers for vital goods is dangerous.

So China's exporting will shrink and any shrink of any size will trigger an immediate ripple effect of unemployment in China which will cascade and create an implosion as unemployed turn on their government. This has happened repeatedly in Chinese history. It has always had revolutions because of never learning to resist running itself by elite mandarins sequestered from the masses.

China like any empire can and will collapse. Unlike the US it does not have the same infrastructure. The US will hurt as every other country does and all countries will have a relative collapse of their markets and massive recession and unemployment but because these markets that collapse are not all controlled by the same office as is all Chinese market activities, there will be more diverse solutions and approaches to creating new market activities. China only knows how to copy what it sees in others not create on its own.

The key to survival is access to fresh water, an ability to grow vegetables and fruit, grains, and find sources of protein to eat such as fish, meat.

In that sense China is very weak. Its over extended its dependence on oil, water. The food it does grow its exported at inflated prices and because its made with human fertilizer people will stop buying it. Chinese eat rice as their stale diet and do not have sufficient water for rice fields. If they are tempted to invade Vietnam or other nations looking for food, their own logistics will make their armed forces break down and susceptible to Maoist guerilla war tactics sabotaging their efforts.

You want to fear them go ahead. They are like a rhinoceros. They are powerful coming at you head on but they have poor vision. You do not have to be as large and as powerful of them to be able to take one down. Crocodiles, lions, hyenas, African wild dogs can take down their young or even them if they are drinking water, stuck in mud, sick, weakened after a mating fight or by ticks.

Nearly 2 weeks have past since the so-called Golden Week. Still there isn't any major outbreak but only a few new cases in China. Even BBC has to accept, reluctantly of course, the fact that China has turned the tide of the war between human and Covid-19.

On May 5th, China launched its CZ-5B Rocket. It is the first flight of the new variant of CZ-5 family and it is capable to send 25 tons of payload into low Earth orbit. There were rumors that the scheduled launch would be postponed because of the covid-19 pandemic, but obviously it isn't. The success of CZ-5B means China has cleared its way to launch its own space station in 2021-2022 as scheduled.

ON April 22, PLA Navy launched its second Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock, showing the military modernization isn't significantly delayed by the pandemic.

Last month, there were videos shot by fans on Chinese social media showing the first ship, which was launched on September 25, 2019 and is fitting-out in shipyard now,  caught fire on April 11. Some insiders on Chinese military fans forums suggested that electric welding sparkles ignited a pile of garbage like wrappings and foam pads of equipment in well deck. The accident made Taiwanese separatists cheered up for a few days before the second ship was launched. Now, they know that they still are 秋后的蚂蚱, which is a Chinese saying, means "grasshoppers in late autumn"-----they can still hop for now, but their hopping days are numbered...

Anyway, if no workers were working inside, it wouldn't catch fire. That's my point.

Edited by xul

On 5/8/2020 at 12:58 PM, Rue said:

I condensed down your words not to misquote you just to get to the crux of your statement.

It is true some people believe China is an invincible empire. You however need to read the history of China to understand it has had many invincible empires that crumbled. The crumbling comes from within.

China's strengths are its very weaknesses. It has no economic power if people do not buy its goods. As we speak its foreign markets are shut down and dying,. In their place will be smaller supply chains much much less foreign exchange and trade and a pendulum swing back to local, domestically produced  products. We have all learned from Covid 19 over dependence on foreign producers for vital goods is dangerous.

So China's exporting will shrink and any shrink of any size will trigger an immediate ripple effect of unemployment in China which will cascade and create an implosion as unemployed turn on their government. This has happened repeatedly in Chinese history. It has always had revolutions because of never learning to resist running itself by elite mandarins sequestered from the masses.

China like any empire can and will collapse. Unlike the US it does not have the same infrastructure. The US will hurt as every other country does and all countries will have a relative collapse of their markets and massive recession and unemployment but because these markets that collapse are not all controlled by the same office as is all Chinese market activities, there will be more diverse solutions and approaches to creating new market activities. China only knows how to copy what it sees in others not create on its own.

The key to survival is access to fresh water, an ability to grow vegetables and fruit, grains, and find sources of protein to eat such as fish, meat.

In that sense China is very weak. Its over extended its dependence on oil, water. The food it does grow its exported at inflated prices and because its made with human fertilizer people will stop buying it. Chinese eat rice as their staple diet and do not have sufficient water for rice fields. If they are tempted to invade Vietnam or other nations looking for food, their own logistics will make their armed forces break down and susceptible to Maoist guerilla war tactics sabotaging their efforts.

You want to fear them go ahead. They are like a rhinoceros. They are powerful coming at you head on but they have poor vision. You do not have to be as large and as powerful of them to be able to take one down. Crocodiles, lions, hyenas, African wild dogs can take down their young or even them if they are drinking water, stuck in mud, sick, weakened after a mating fight or by ticks.