George Carlin, Richard Pryor: See Why Pryor = G.O.A.T.

Tdot

3 minutes ago, Tdot said:

You watched the vid here?

No, I checked on its length.  Half an hour is too much investment for a forum response, I'm afraid.  I won't be hurt if you disregard my response in turn.

On May 2, 2020 at 6:47 PM, bcsapper said:

No again!  Go figure.

You like how Carlin got 16mins there, then Pryor only got 7mins ... but he still blew Carlin away, and it wasn't even close??

Edited by Tdot

20 hours ago, Tdot said:

You like how Carlin got 16mins there, then Pryor only got 7mins ... but he still blew Carlin away, and it wasn't even close??

You measured that, did you?

1 minute ago, Tdot said:

No, the video timestamp did.  You know, that little thingy at the bottom of every YouTube video, showing how long it's been running?

You measured that using the video time stamp, did you?

Question:  Did Carlin speak for 16 minutes straight, then Pryor for 7 minutes straight (or vice versa), or did they mix it up a little?  Because if they weren't speaking it all in one go, that's some measuring job.  Well done!

17 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Question:  Did Carlin speak for 16 minutes straight, then Pryor for 7 minutes straight (or vice versa), or did they mix it up a little?  

Answer:  Go ahead and view the video. You can probably measure a more accurate timestamp than I did.

Just now, Tdot said:

Answer:  Go ahead and view the video. You can probably measure a more accurate timestamp than I did.

I can't.  I can't justify half an hour on two guys I kinda like, but not that much, when they aren't even doing their acts. (Three if you count Carson, although he will be doing his act)

I'm certainly going to take your word for the timing, though.

34 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I can't. 

You can, if you want to. Plus your questions and assertions make it, justified, that you want to view it so you should experience it.

And yes, they are both doing their "acts" as you get to see Carlin go rehearsed/scripted route as Pryor just freestyled it, miraculously, and he did it in about half as much time ---to whereas Carlin almost shouldn't have showed up on the set. It was historic, even the great Johnny Carson sat there kissing Pryor's feet basically.

Edited by Tdot

• 4 weeks later...
  • Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge