Trudeau to spend a billion dollars pleasing anti-gun nuts

On 5/16/2020 at 12:47 AM, cougar said:

CBC Anti Gun article

Next step apparently is to ban all guns.  Sounds like a plan to me.

After reading your posts I'm not surprised at all that it sounds like a plan to you. So what's next? Ban knives, stored gasoline? Or will you only be happy when we end up with this kind of stupidity?

banned knives.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Gjermund Roesholt was returning home from trapping in the Einarson Lake area when he discovered the bodies of his wife and young daughter lying outside.
Roesholt had just shot and killed a grizzly bear that charged at him, some 100 meters from the family's home.

And how many mass shootings happened in that time, how many people died in man-made wars?  

How many grizzlies were killed in this time frame by entitled idiots killing them for fun.  ?

Yes, I need a gun to go to the groceries store and face the hypocrite likes of you!

Edited by cougar

1 hour ago, cougar said:

And how many mass shootings happened in that time, how many people died in man-made wars?  

How many grizzlies were killed in this time frame by entitled idiots killing them for fun.  ?

Yes, I need a gun to go to the groceries store and face the hypocrite likes of you!

Man made wars, just curios is there any other types of wars....your making this stuff up right ? 

hunting bear without a license is against the law, most hunters do not harvest bear for meat, maybe the pelt, or protection of live stock and family but not so often do they keep the meat....Its very greasy and very gamey, and disgusting if it's a dump bear.... and you do know why the province hands out licenses right, it is the preferred method of population control, and why is it important to keep the population in check ? not like you can hand out condoms right... or hunt them with sling shots and kitchen knifes...I would have thought for a guy that enjoys the outdoors as much as you say you do, one would think you would have known that already...

A DNR buddy once told me a joke once , how he use to tell all the hikers in his area to wear lots of little  bells on their shoes to ward of bears, the bears would hear the bells and move away from them it also warned them when hikers were in the area....the bells didn't really do any of that, it was a way for them to track killer bears , their scat smelled like pepper spray, and was full of little bells ...and  only hikers went out unarmed, so it had to be a hiker....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

hunting bear without a license is against the law, most hunters do not harvest bear for meat, maybe the pelt, or protection of live stock and family but not so often do they keep the meat....Its very greasy and very gamey, and disgusting if it's a dump bear.... and you do know why the province hands out licenses right, it is the preferred method of population control, and why is it important to keep the population in check ?

Well, I am licensed by the Grizzly bear government to hunt for humans - strictly for population control.  My quota currently is 1,000/year.   No need for the meat; too toxic as a result of the garbage food humans ingest.

Joke aside; don't you see the hypocrisy of "population control" while continuing to invade their territory?  There is no "control"  there is carnage and decimation.  No one has given us the right to control the numbers of other species when we cannot control our own numbers.

Edited by cougar

30 minutes ago, cougar said:

Well, I am licensed by the Grizzly bear government to hunt for humans - strictly for population control.  My quota currently is 1,000/year.   No need for the meat; too toxic as a result of the garbage food humans ingest.

Joke aside; don't you see the hypocrisy of "population control" while continuing to invade their territory?  There is no "control"  there is carnage and decimation.  No one has given us the right to control the numbers of other species when we cannot control our own numbers.

Hey go for it, hunt away, but as a anti gun advocate, good luck killing someone with a salad fork, and a sling shot....PS your going to have to start with the liberals, and greens, throw in the NDP as well.....cause the are unarmed....

In case you temporality lost your mind, Humans as you put it are on the top of the food chain, thanks to our abilities to think through problems and make tools, to make "yes" fire arms...when Grizzlies come to that level of intelligence by all means hunt us all you want...

Their territory, how so, because they marked a few trees, because they are the meanest in the forest...come on...hello this is reality, Man is in charge here, not the bears, squirrels or who ever you play with while on your hikes...And since we are in charge we make the rules, some of those rules are to prevent mother nature from over populating wild life, and messing with human existence…. I did not make those rules, men long before me did all of that...

Edited by Army Guy

2 hours ago, cougar said:

How am I a hypocrite, you moron? And when did I ever suggest anyone needed a gun to go buy groceries?

4 hours ago, Argus said:

How am I a hypocrite, you moron? And when did I ever suggest anyone needed a gun to go buy groceries?

Anyone believing that a person is entitled to a gun and killing wildlife, for fun, sport or just because an animal reacted to an invasion of its territory is a hypocrite. In your case, a moron too!

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

In case you temporality lost your mind, Humans as you put it are on the top of the food chain, thanks to our abilities to think through problems and make tools, to make "yes" fire arms...when Grizzlies come to that level of intelligence by all means hunt us all you want...

When I was contemplating immigration to Canada, I definitely had a very high opinion of what is being done in terms of conservation in this country and the intelligence of the general Canadian population as a whole.

After coming over and livinghere for now 20 years, I have to admit my opinion has changed 180 degrees. 

I said what could be said.

Edited by cougar

On 5/17/2020 at 11:33 PM, cougar said:

Anyone believing that a person is entitled to a gun and killing wildlife, for fun, sport or just because an animal reacted to an invasion of its territory is a hypocrite. In your case, a moron too!

While I agree with you and admire your deep appreciation of wildlife I do not think the issue of gun control as Trudeau is doing makes sense.

Also and I know you disagree, as much as I loath sport hunters, there are some who we should welcome as valuable allies in protecting conservation areas and tbey eat what they hunt and follow strict rules so I do not label them all as bad if we use that word.

So while I deeply respect your love of the environment  I think there has to be a proper way to deal with this than labeling people either way.

There are respectful sport hunters. They are not the issue it's stupid people and stupid and people is redundant. Stupid is sufficient and we humans need to be taught at a young age to respect life and our environment in all  its forms.

We live in a world today where the majority of our citizens are  detached from their environment glued to virtual reality apps.

Also we have many new Canadians who come from cultures that were  never taught respect for the evironment either. Between our born in Canada and coming to Canada people there is a huge education challenge.

I think you and I need all the allies we can get and many of those allies will and do come from responsible gun owners and sports hunters.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cougar said:

When I was contemplating immigration to Canada, I definitely had a very high opinion of what is being done in terms of conservation in this country and the intelligence of the general Canadian population as a whole.

After coming over and livinghere for now 20 years, I have to admit my opinion has changed 180 degrees. 

I said what could be said.

Does not say much about your research skills does it, actually you've more than proved that in this discussion already, You choose to leave your homeland , looking for better life, something safer, something more democratic, something different ...you got all that , and now your complaining we are not as smart as you....WOW...OK I get it, one of the great benefits of being Canadian is no one is keeping you from returning to that homeland, you left...back to all the smart people, where the grass is greener. What you've shown so far in this discussion is complete ignorance, about the topic at hand, and for someone who claims to more intelligent you failed to use any of it, to make your point...It is a liberal trait actually , part of the cancel culture that surrounds being a liberal, you have your opinion , and everyone else is wrong, nothing will change it not facts or reason, regardless if it effects you or not...without any consideration to others Canadians .... You must be proud to be Canadian...

12 hours ago, cougar said:

Are you one of those animal rights loonies who think the life of an animal is as important as that of humans? I"ve seen a number of them lately musing about how wonderful it would be if the virus killed off 90% of humanity so nature would be 'free' again.

Edited by Argus

On 5/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, cougar said:

You forgot to mention the primary reason for harvesting wildlife . . . . food!   Did the first European settlers carry a supply of Kraft dinner, were they vegans?  They killed wildlife just like the Indians did.  Both white/natives still hunt.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You forgot to mention the primary reason for harvesting wildlife . . . . food!   Did the first European settlers carry a supply of Kraft dinner, were they vegans?  They killed wildlife just like the Indians did.  Both white/natives still hunt.  

You're missing the point by a mile.  The discussion was about banning side arms , since these are not hunting tools.  Then someone said side arms were the popular line of defense against bears.  Then someone again disagreed and we started calling ourselves morons, at which point there was no point for further discussion.   

If you want to bring it all back to square one and start the same circus again, better just go back the pages and re-read them.

21 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Phack me. I have eaten human meat. They call it Big Macs in Toronto. Every now and then you find a toe nail. 

14 hours ago, cougar said:

You're missing the point by a mile.  The discussion was about banning side arms , since these are not hunting tools.  Then someone said side arms were the popular line of defense against bears.  Then someone again disagreed and we started calling ourselves morons, at which point there was no point for further discussion.   

If you want to bring it all back to square one and start the same circus again, better just go back the pages and re-read them.

Not missing the point at all . . . . I replied to one of your misinformed quotes.  By the way, where did you immigrate from ? 

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Not missing the point at all . . . . I replied to one of your misinformed quotes.  By the way, where did you immigrate from ? 

He say's, some place smart.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:05 PM, Argus said:

Are you one of those animal rights loonies who think the life of an animal is as important as that of humans? I"ve seen a number of them lately musing about how wonderful it would be if the virus killed off 90% of humanity so nature would be 'free' again.

I would contend the life of animals is as valuable as a  human's life because by learning to respecting the sanctity of their lives we learn to do the same with human life. I also contend the life of an animal given up to test medicine to save humans of feed a  human is by that sense as valuable as the human life or lives it enables to continue living.

I am defending Cougar's respect for wildlife. I do not necessarily share his views on all hunters or gun control but yes on the sanctity of life.

Edited by Rue
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You call yourself 'cougar' . . . . . . begs the question:  Have you ever seen one in the wild?

I have in Toronto. Lots of them but not since Covid. They can be found wherever they think young men frequent...then again for the same reasons you find dragon flies and deer flies... so you gotta be careful.   

Young women tell me the same thing about boars, mosquitoes and rats.

At my age the drinking holes I frequent  attract leeches.

2 hours ago, Rue said:

I would contend the life of animals is as valuable as a  human's life because by learning to respecting the sanctity of their lives we learn to do the same with human life. I also contend the life of an animal given up to test medicine to save humans of feed a  human is by that sense as valuable as the human life or lives it enables to continue living.

I am defending Cougar's respect for wildlife. I do not necessarily share his views on all hunters or gun control but yes on the sanctity of life.

Have hunted all my life.  The taking of that game animal's life is not a joyous occasion, in reality, it's quite sad. It's always made me sad at the moment, but quietly thankful for the opportunity to provide food for my family. 

Cougar's views are somewhat unrealistic and seem to be from a common thought pattern of the inner city dweller unconnected to nature.

7 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Cougar's views are somewhat unrealistic and seem to be from a common thought pattern of the inner city dweller unconnected to nature.

Nothing can be further from the truth than that.  I am not a city dweller.   I am closer to a cougar than you think.  I do have to provide food for myself by "going to work" and "shopping"  except for fish, mushrooms and berries that I harvest.  Most of my time, however I spend away from people, along rivers or near the mountain peaks in the summer.

City dwellers typically do not care about wildlife, or the environment as they do not see the human invasion and damage unless someone shows it to them.

2020_Shames_06.jpg

13 hours ago, cougar said:

Nothing can be further from the truth than that.  I am not a city dweller.   I am closer to a cougar than you think.  I do have to provide food for myself by "going to work" and "shopping"  except for fish, mushrooms and berries that I harvest.  Most of my time, however I spend away from people, along rivers or near the mountain peaks in the summer.

City dwellers typically do not care about wildlife, or the environment as they do not see the human invasion and damage unless someone shows it to them.

You have the city dweller mentality . . . . hard to hide.  You didn't say where you immigrated from . . . . guessing Toronto?