Trudeau to spend a billion dollars pleasing anti-gun nuts

58 minutes ago, CentristPartyofCanada said:

I imagine that individual, and many like him, did everything right in terms of following the law. The government gave him regulations and rules to follow, whether it's storage, taking courses, background checks, etc - and he complied.

They can just continue to follow the law and comply.  The government tells them now to hand over their guns; they should do that.

No, I do not care about the $2 billion after spending $4.5 billion on the Kinder Morgan pipeline.  You bet I don't.

Edited by cougar

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That should go well...the same way when government tells First Nation families to hand over their children ?

Children?  What do children have to do with that?

If a beggar asks you for 1 penny, you'd give him that, won't you?  Some might give him $5.   But they will not give him their whole purse!

Comparing a gun with a child is like comparing the dime in your pocket with your retirement savings!

3 minutes ago, cougar said:

Children?  What do children have to do with that?

It has to do with government takings, which will be challenged in the courts. 

FN's still got screwed, but I don't see all Canadians just rolling over and giving up all their guns just because the gubmint demands that they do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

just because the gubmint demands that they do.

I had to put up with the site C construction and the LNG construction and the KM expansion as the government demanded this was in the national interest.  Now they demand removing these guns is in the national interest.  Hand them over and go buy yourself beer with the money to drawn your sorrow.   I feel for you.  But I want to hear no more about it.

1 minute ago, cougar said:

I had to put up with the site C construction and the LNG construction and the KM expansion as the government demanded this was in the national interest.  Now they demand removing these guns is in the national interest.  Hand them over and go buy yourself beer with the money to drawn your sorrow.   I feel for you.  But I want to hear no more about it.

I can guarantee you that not only will a significant number of dissidents not comply, they will develop networks and methods to undermine the gubmint's attempt to confiscate all banned firearms.   Hell, the gubmint couldn't even confiscate all the banned firearms before the latest mass shooting.

The fun and games has already started for modification kits, parts changes, records obfuscation, sales & transfers, "collectors", etc. 

Last time I checked...heroin was illegal in Canada too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cougar said:

They can just continue to follow the law and comply.  The government tells them now to hand over their guns; they should do that.

No, I do not care about the $2 billion after spending $4.5 billion on the Kinder Morgan pipeline.  You bet I don't.

I'm going to have to invoke Godwin's law pretty soon.

You haven't addressed any of my arguments but you've proven my point: you're just looking for something to hate. You're not a logic or fact oriented person, that much is clear

Firearms have nothing to do with the Kinder Morgan pipeline so I don't see the relation. We need a way to fill those government coffers you know.

Also: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2574

Edited by CentristPartyofCanada
Grammar

On 5/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, WestCanMan said:

Agreed, but the worst thing that can ever happen to you is for another human being to have absolute power over you. You'd be better off vs a shark or a bear because you just die quickly.

I live in a two storey house. We have an alarm. If someone breaks in and stays on the main floor, steals some TVs while the alarm is going off, the police can try to track them down, and I'll have an insurance claim to get a new TV. I'm not even going to get involved. If someone came to the top of the stairs, after they were warned, I would assume that they were there to attack my family.

One of my offices is in WY, and we have assets scattered all over the place in remote areas.  They simply don't get bothered by criminals.  When someone first gets there, they are given the instruction to call out to an invader - so they will look at you.  You are advised to put a round right between their eyes.   You can legally kill someone in self defense, but there needs to be evidence that they are coming towards you rather than away.  The placement of the shot is so you don't have to waste any time with cops and lawyers.  Since nearly every adult male is carrying (and a significant number of females), seldom does anyone provoke a response by trying a criminal act.   The remote areas?  I assume even the bad guys know that if you do a nasty, someone, somewhere in the state is going to catch up with you and the consequences will be severe.

Here is SK, we have an area around the Battlefords that is the highest crime rate in Canada.  A few years back, someone  people came into the farm yard of the Stanley farm, armed and inebriated and began stealing vehicles and accosting family members.  The driver (who had a loaded rifle) was approached by Mr. Stanley with a handgun and in the ensuing scuffle, the gun accidentally discharged and killed the driver.   After an armed conflict, it took the police well over a quarter hour to respond.   SO, what was he to do?   Watch his property and family suffer at the hands of the armed, drunken criminals or try to do SOMETHING to stop the attacks and theft.  The law is AT LEAST 15 minutes away.   Ask the criminals to wait???????  (BTW: spare me the violins from the Liberal talking sheets - you weren't in the interview room or courtroom to hear the whole story). In a rare instance of judicial clarity, he was found not guilty of second degree murder.  

I don't like the idea of a bunch of weapons in every household, but I like even less the idea that the virtue signalling politicians will take away the rights and privileges of millions of law-abiding Canadians to buy the votes of the politically correct set while doing NOTHING to protect the citizens from actual criminals.   When the consequences of getting caught are essentially nothing at worst and getting sent to a rest home to get a good education in how to commit more and better crimes while furthering your criminal network we are going in the wrong direction.

BTW:  I caught a guy who had broken into one of my trucks a few years ago, and held him physically (until his accomplice arrived and helped him get free, grabbed him again and once more he managed to slip out of his jacket and with help of second guy got away.  I was sorely, sorely tempted to pound the living crap out of him when he was alone and even more when his backup arrived, but a little voice in my head said: "you are in Canada and can NOT afford a charge of any kind that would screw up passport, etc.".  We are in a small city, I live three blocks from the cop shop and it was almost a half hour before they got here.  The only thing that saved the day was that when I was holding the thief down against the seat of my truck, his wallet slipped out of his back pocket and the RCMP found it burried in the snow.  The little bastard snowed the courts and some kind of feel-good group who seemed to think that all he had to do was apologize to me and I would show up at his sentencing and put in a good word.  When I pointed out that the little bastard was a career criminal in an organized crime spree who did NOT give up his accomplice, her response was that "there was no accomplice".   She was so frigging stupid as not to realize she was speaking to the one of two people who knew with absolute certainty there was a second and critically important person (his handler - kid was a juvie, other was not).  RCMP told me in no uncertain terms they would have charged me with a crime if I had tuned up either one of the pricks.  We will move out to our farm in the future, and you can believe I will keep a really mean dog or two and any threat will be met with canine violence that the perpetrator will NEVER forget.

Edited by cannuck
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cougar said:

And yet here you are responding to another post about guess what, gun control...either your a sucker for punishment or a moron....

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

And yet here you are responding to another post about guess what, gun control...either your a sucker for punishment or a moron....

I take it you finally ran out of possible arguments so now the name calling starts.

Curious to see what your neighbor who spent the $15K he couldn't afford on a semi automatic gun will do when he goes bankrupt.   He's already made one irrational decision , so instead of selling the gun to extinguish his debt, he may decide to go postal on his neighbors since the world has harmed him.

You deal with that; you can call him a moron too if it helps you any.

14 hours ago, cannuck said:

A few years back, someone  people came into the farm yard of the Stanley farm, armed and inebriated and began stealing vehicles and accosting family members.  The driver (who had a loaded rifle) was approached by Mr. Stanley with a handgun and in the ensuing scuffle, the gun accidentally discharged and killed the driver.   After an armed conflict, it took the police well over a quarter hour to respond.   SO, what was he to do?   Watch his property and family suffer at the hands of the armed, drunken criminals or try to do SOMETHING to stop the attacks and theft.  The law is AT LEAST 15 minutes away.   Ask the criminals to wait???????  (BTW: spare me the violins from the Liberal talking sheets - you weren't in the interview room or courtroom to hear the whole story). In a rare instance of judicial clarity, he was found not guilty of second degree murder.  

The only reason that Stanley even got off is that he said that the shot that killed Bouchie was a misfire from earlier. He said that he shot 3 rnds into the air but the 3rd round didn't go off right away, not until he had the gun pointed at Bouchie a bit later.

If he said that he had intentionally shot Bouchie no doubt he'd be in jail for longer than a serial pedophile or an actual murderer.

Our bitch PM and his enemy, the former Justice minister, were not happy about the verdict but they can go straight to hell. 

18 hours ago, cougar said:

That' s an extremely authoritarian attitude which shows a total lack of empathy for human beings where their happiness conflicts with your own personal preferences. You don't care if millions of people are harmed or that the government wastes billions of dollars on that harming as long as it doesn't impact you personally.

And all to accomplish nothing but giving you a little sense of smug contentment that people who have hobbies you disapprove of are harmed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cougar said:

The pipeline IS indeed in the national interest. We need to make money so the Left can continue to spend it. There is no national interest in banning firearms or SOME firearms. It will not improve life in Canada, enrich us, or make us safer.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cougar said:

I take it you finally ran out of possible arguments so now the name calling starts.

Curious to see what your neighbor who spent the $15K he couldn't afford on a semi automatic gun will do when he goes bankrupt.   He's already made one irrational decision , so instead of selling the gun to extinguish his debt, he may decide to go postal on his neighbors since the world has harmed him.

You deal with that; you can call him a moron too if it helps you any.

I feel for you.  But I want to hear no more about it.

I just find it ironic, that you stated that your done talking about fire arms , then go on to continue to post about fire arms. 

Yes he may decide to go postal, but according to stats thats not very likely, as it rarely happens (29 deaths in 30 years)that a legally owned fire arm is used in a homicide......Maybe I should hide underneath your bed with you....I have a much higher chance to get hit by lightning....OH wait your not scare of lightning to are you.....But these guns in the hands of criminals does not bother you....

The entire country has been dealing with these firearms with no problems,up until Justin woke up one day and decided to cancel one more thing in our lives, because some liberals pants get wet when you mention fire arms.... Here is a suggestion, lets concentrate on real world problems, like how to get our country back on it's feet, putting people back to work, fixing our medical supply problems, fixing our medication supply problems by manufacturing it ourselves... But thats not the liberal way, they need to make up a some lies to distract Canadians from what is really going on...

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, Army Guy said:

Yes he may decide to go postal, but according to stats thats not very likely, as it rarely happens (29 deaths in 30 years)that a legally owned fire arm is used in a homicide......Maybe I should hide underneath your bed with you....I have a much higher chance to get hit by lightning....OH wait your not scare of lightning to are you.....But these guns in the hands of criminals does not bother you....

Do criminals really use flashy rifles jumped up to look like military assault rifles? I doubt they want to attract attention to themselves carting those around. 

No, the proud owners of these now-banned fashion items are likely to be racist haters with visions of murder, inciting race wars and the glory of 'saving the white race'  ... or right now, perhaps "going postal"to save themselves from wearing a mask.  

"spent 15k on a gun he can't afford" ? 

Obviously not to hunt to feed his family. Something really wrong with that much need for a flashy wannabe assault rifle. It just screams 'dangerous'. 

Edited by jacee

1 hour ago, jacee said:

Do criminals really use flashy rifles jumped up to look like military assault rifles? I doubt they want to attract attention to themselves carting those around. 

No, the proud owners of these now-banned fashion items are likely to be racist haters with visions of murder, inciting race wars and the glory of 'saving the white race'  ... or right now, perhaps "going postal"to save themselves from wearing a mask.  

Obviously not to hunt to feed his family. Something really wrong with that much need for a flashy wannabe assault rifle. It just screams 'dangerous'. 

No, that's ridiculous.  The proud owners of these weapons are people who like guns.  It's their hobby.  They make their own ammunition and pay huge range fees and pass all the tests to own them legally.  Taking their guns away is a craven, vote gathering attempt by politicians with no view towards safety and crime reduction.  (That would require courage)

Support of such action is a knee jerk reaction by people who just don't like guns, regardless of who has them.

For some, it feels good to control behaviour one doesn't approve of.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:10 PM, Argus said:

That' s an extremely authoritarian attitude which shows a total lack of empathy for human beings where their happiness conflicts with your own personal preferences. You don't care if millions of people are harmed or that the government wastes billions of dollars on that harming as long as it doesn't impact you personally.

And all to accomplish nothing but giving you a little sense of smug contentment that people who have hobbies you disapprove of are harmed.

The government throws us into lockdown and wants to take away the guns.  The reason is they don't want guns in people's hands once society collapses.

And here is something interesting..

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.5567774/neighbour-who-warned-rcmp-about-n-s-shooter-s-domestic-violence-says-she-was-scared-to-death-of-him-1.5567781

They authorities were warned he was dangerous back in 2013. Blame those who did not take action then.

Brenda Forbes says she was so afraid of her neighbour Gabriel Wortman that she sold her Portapique, N.S., home and left town.

Six years later, she says Wortman burned that house to the ground and killed everyone inside.

Wortman killed 22 people across various Nova Scotia communities last month and burned a number of homes before police shot and killed him outside a gas station in Enfield. He is believed to have perpetrated the worst mass killing in Canadian history. 

But years before that, in 2013, Forbes says she warned the RCMP that Wortman was a dangerous man who beat his girlfriend and kept a cache of weapons in his home. That's the same girlfriend who police say Wortman beat and bounded at the start of his murderous rampage. She escaped and hid in the woods. 

8 hours ago, jacee said:

This is a prime example of the typical leftist mindset, if they don't understand something they start pull facts out of their asses, and when the old ass is empty they make stuff up, I mean it all smells the same....a recent medical study suggests that this may explain why the leftist asses are so small, because of they constant need to feed or show everyone that are in fact full of shit.. The Canadian medical health institute for crazy liberals ,  "suggest just keep your hands away from your bum and don't talk". 

Last time I checked spending ones money on what ever the market provided was legal, and better yet was no ones business but their own....So I'm not sure how not affording these items  would be a concern for you...it's money put back into the economy, creating jobs, industry, with all the other economic benefits that go with selling anything.... 

It must be exhausting being so controlling as most leftist are, no wonder you guys are so whacked out....to spend so much time on a topic that really might not even effect you.. or your family here in Canada....

On 5/14/2020 at 11:13 AM, bcsapper said:

No, that's ridiculous.  The proud owners of these weapons are people who like guns.  It's their hobby.  They make their own ammunition and pay huge range fees and pass all the tests to own them legally.  Taking their guns away is a craven, vote gathering attempt by politicians with no view towards safety and crime reduction.  (That would require courage)

Support of such action is a knee jerk reaction by people who just don't like guns, regardless of who has them.

For some, it feels good to control behaviour one doesn't approve of.

If these are mature, responsible men who simply enjoy range shooting as a hobby, why do they need a pimped up vanity gun penis-extender that's dressed up to look like a military assault rifle for killing people? Who is going to see it?  No, they are not your mature, responsible sport-shooting pals.

They are these whacked-out alt-right goofuses: 

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/wjw5d4/new-paramilitary-training-video-emerges-of-neo-nazi-terror-group

Disturbing images showing eight masked men shooting what appears to be a combination of shotguns and assault rifles is the latest propaganda posted by neo-Nazi extremist network The Base, as the group garners the attention of law enforcement in both the US and Canada. ... around the time it was believed The Base was training near Spokane, Washington State and undertaking a “hate camp” —a paramilitary-style training camp for militant neo-Nazis. ... just one day after an alleged member of the group was outed as a soldier with the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and was under investigation by federal authorities. Master Corporal Patrik Mathews, a member of the CAF Reserves, is accused of participating in the armed neo-Nazi collective and is now being investigated by two police forces, the RCMP and military police.

Patrik Mathews was outed by a journalist as a Manitoba recruiter for The Base, ousted from the CAF, his arsenal of guns & explosives was seized by the RCMP, he fled (illegally) to the US to join The Base members there, was recorded there bragging about plans for mass murders, was arrested there and is now awaiting trial in the US.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6562728/patrik-mathews-court-maryland/

Men who like to use those lookalike military assault rifles are dangerous wannabe-mass-murderers hoping to incite "race wars" in North America. Such groups are finally (after much stonewalling) on the police lists of potentially dangerous extremists - right up there with Greenpeace /sarcasm.

There are hunters and sport shooters who deserve to have their right of gun ownership protected.

Neo-Nazis with grandiose delusions of racially-motivated mass murder do not ... and their testosterone-spiked unnecessarily scary looking vanity guns are now banned. Good. 

It's likely a safe guess that some Canadian law enforcement reps helped generate the list of guns to be banned, with knowledge of their popularity among alt-right extremists in Canada. They are the target of this regulation, not hunters and sport shooters. 

Edited by jacee

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This is a prime example of the typical leftist mindset, if they don't understand something they start pull facts out of their asses, and when the old ass is empty they make stuff up, I mean it all smells the same....a recent medical study suggests that this may explain why the leftist asses are so small, because of they constant need to feed or show everyone that are in fact full of shit.. The Canadian medical health institute for crazy liberals ,  "suggest just keep your hands away from your bum and don't talk". 

Hawhawhawhaw! Credit for humour-writing. Thx for the laughs. :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Last time I checked spending ones money on what ever the market provided was legal, and better yet was no ones business but their own....So I'm not sure how not affording these items  would be a concern for you...it's money put back into the economy, creating jobs, industry, with all the other economic benefits that go with selling anything.... 

See above re who buys these vanity guns, which are now no longer legal.

It must be exhausting being so controlling as most leftist are, no wonder you guys are so whacked out....to spend so much time on a topic that really might not even effect you.. or your family here in Canada....

Canadians who have to deal with loonie NeoNazi violent creeps in their neighbourhoods regularly are very much affected and informed about why banning vanity-murder guns is an excellent development in law. 

6 hours ago, jacee said:

See above re who buys these vanity guns, which are now no longer legal.

New gun news...The liberal government has caved in it's new laws, gun owners that now own these firearms will be allow to keep them forever. The new legislation is only going to cover future sales....I can almost here the liberals heads popping around the neighborhood.... and the liberals where just starting to come out from under their beds....back in those bunkers Alice….

This is boy wonder trying to flex his muscle....then at the last minute leaves you true believers in the ditch, because deep down he does not give a shit about your safety after all, he's worried about losing votes....

Canadians who have to deal with loonie NeoNazi violent creeps in their neighbourhoods regularly are very much affected and informed about why banning vanity-murder guns is an excellent development in law. 

Must be more liberal crap, JACEE you must have a real small ass, because girl you pour it on thick...Is Canada now being over run be neo Nazis now....have to add that one to the list of what these banned  fire arms are responsible for, converting normal Canadians to neo Nazi's, and forcing them to take over your neighborhoods...today your law became useless, and once the cons are in there will be a total reversal....today I actually shock a liberals hand and said thanks, wait now did my ass just get smaller, damn spewing bullshit just got some serious side effects.....

7 hours ago, jacee said:

If these are mature, responsible men who simply enjoy range shooting as a hobby, why do they need a pimped up vanity gun penis-extender that's dressed up to look like a military assault rifle for killing people? Who is going to see it?  No, they are not your mature, responsible sport-shooting pals.

They are these whacked-out alt-right goofuses: 

What Jacee fails to print is there are 100,000 regular force and reserve force personnel, and there are bound to be a couple wingnuts in the crowd, he was discovered, and dealt with by law enforcement like all the wingnuts should be....RCMP has kept stats on every firearm owner for decades, and in the last 30 years there has only been 29 homicides attributed to legal firearms....Knifes have kill well over 240 people in Canada last year....and over the last 30 years , over 7200 lives have been taken by knifes.....but knifes don't scare liberals just those mean old scary fire arms.....and in a few years when Justin is finished his dictatorship, the conservatives will reverse these laws, and maybe bring back other firearms banned by the liberals....and to add some salt to the wounds will name a national holiday to mark that event.... bring your fire arm to work day....or scare a liberal to death day either one got a ring to it...

9 hours ago, jacee said:

Men and women, with a woman being the one who owns the most guns, and makes her own ammunition.  So the whole "penis" thing is just wishful thinking on your part, so you can be a bigot without worrying about it, and ascribe "Nasty Nazi" motives to everyone.  Like some people insist all Muslims are terrorists.  Fewer people do that than do what you do, but you get the idea.