Racism in Canada

PM Justin Trudeau openly mocked by Cree artist Kent Monkman, reportedly because of inaction on missing and murdered "aboriginal" women.   Outrage ensues from several directions...

Renowned Cree artist Kent Monkman has come under fire for his new painting that shows Prime Minister Justin Trudeau partially nude, on all fours, preparing for what Monkman called "a consensual act" while Indigenous women surrounding him laugh.

The painting, titled Hanky Panky, has been condemned by many who believe it portrays sexual violence and disrespects First Nations traditions. But it is also being praised by some, including Ojibway Senator Murray Sinclair.

kent-monkman-trudeau-photo-cropped.JPG

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/kent-monkman-backlash-trudeau-painting-1.5577452

7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

PM Justin Trudeau openly mocked by Cree artist Kent Monkman, reportedly because of inaction on missing and murdered "aboriginal" women.   Outrage ensues from several directions..

Full image here-

https://images.radio-canada.ca/q_auto,w_1250/v1/ici-info/16x9/hanky-panky-kent-monkman-toile.jpg

• Like 1

Art portraying controversial imagery?  Whatever shall we do?

It's basically an editorial cartoon.  I don't know why he apologized.

Edited by bcsapper

The only reason the nonsensical farce about 'missing and murdered indigenous women' became a thing is the cowardice of politicians, especially Trudeau, and the racist far-left ideological views of the media. The narrative they've tried to put out is of an uncaring white society which ignored the murders and sexual assaults on native women, which indeed, was responsible for such murders and needs to make restitution for them. Rarely did anyone in politics or media have the balls to point out it was native men who were responsible for the murders and sexual assaults of native women. Nor was it ever part of the narrative that the solution rate for the murder of native women was almost identical to that of white women. Instead we get these bleeding heart narratives all over the media and from activist groups which do nothing but play into the victimhood cult that so many natives have now embraced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

The only reason the nonsensical farce about 'missing and murdered indigenous women' became a thing is the cowardice of politicians, especially Trudeau, and the racist far-left ideological views of the media. The narrative they've tried to put out is of an uncaring white society which ignored the murders and sexual assaults on native women, which indeed, was responsible for such murders and needs to make restitution for them. Rarely did anyone in politics or media have the balls to point out it was native men who were responsible for the murders and sexual assaults of native women. Nor was it ever part of the narrative that the solution rate for the murder of native women was almost identical to that of white women. Instead we get these bleeding heart narratives all over the media and from activist groups which do nothing but play into the victimhood cult that so many natives have now embraced.

I have a very good friend of mine that I met through a volunteering position. He is native and struggled with substance abuse when he was on the reservation. He mentioned the amount of hatred daily what he heard about the outside world in there prevented him to get help earlier. He moved by himself to Toronto and now he has his own apartment and works a decent job. 

The native people are being exploited by these white marxists. friends of @eyeball in the media that daily they make money by dividing people instead of helping the society. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Art portraying controversial imagery?  Whatever shall we

You owe me and Justin an apology for above insensitive comment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Independent1986 said:

I have a very good friend of mine that I met through a volunteering position. He is native and struggled with substance abuse when he was on the reservation. He mentioned the amount of hatred daily what he heard about the outside world in there prevented him to get help earlier. He moved by himself to Toronto and now he has his own apartment and works a decent job. 

The native people are being exploited by these white marxists. friends of @eyeball in the media that daily they make money by dividing people instead of helping the society. 

Lol friends of Eyeball? Are you calling Celine  Dion a commie? On a more serious note it was only a matter of time the syrupy condescending patronizing platitudes from that platypus Trudeau  would be seen for what they were. That studdering fountain of feel good froth the flamboyantly flatulent fluff of a flake, Lord Justin of the house of Castro-Sinclair hoisted himself on his rhetorical petard.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

True, but the CBC cropped the "nudity"....covering Trudeau and RCMP asses (literally):

The painting also shows a Mountie lying on the ground with his pants down and former prime ministers in the crowd, watching. CBC News has cropped the original painting into separate images to avoid showing the nudity.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It’s not all that bad a drawing, although I’d hardly want to put that up on my wall.

But speaking of racism, I wonder if he might accept a commission to do Mr. Trudeau in black face?

There is a lot packed into that painting...including "cis gender" issues....from The New Republic:

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is on all fours, his shoulders grasped by a snarling woman in dark gray chinos, his ass cheeks being spread apart by a woman in a light blue tank top, her head thrown back in mid-laugh. Standing over them is Miss Chief Share Eagle Testickle, donning a pair of thigh-high leather boots and a body-length feather headdress. In her grasp, raised high, is a butt plug, painted blood red and shaped in the form of a hand—the unofficial symbol used in the many awareness campaigns for the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, or MMIW, crisis, wherein Indigenous women and girls in North America, including the LGBTQ2S community, have been abducted and killed at astronomical rates due to centuries of neglect by the Canadian and American governments.

https://newrepublic.com/article/157742/provocations-kent-monkman

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marocc said:

If it claims to portray a particular living individual, it is a definite violation of that individual's rights.

Are you not familiar with the splendid tradition of editorial cartooning?  Nobody is immune, nor should they be.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Are you not familiar with the splendid tradition of editorial cartooning?  Nobody is immune, nor should they be.

And what do you imagine the reaction of the media would be if instead of showing a white male about to be raped by a native, it was instead a female politician being held down naked about to be mounted, or even better, a female native politician?

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

And what do you imagine the reaction of the media would be if instead of showing a white male about to be raped by a native, it was instead a female politician being held down naked about to be mounted, or even better, a female native politician?

Probably just as you imagine.  And to them, I would say:

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There is a lot packed into that painting...including "cis gender" issues....from The New Republic:

No doubt there is, and judging by the action soon will be all the more packed in.

Makes a nice desktop picture, I might add...

On May 9, 2020 at 9:34 AM, Argus said:

Everyone sees the flaws of capitalism and free-enterprise, which is why almost everyone has agreed to temper it with a degree of public assistance and income redistribution for the poor.

This is simply not based in, logic, considering the fact that capitalism and free-enterprise are impossibly the blame for a Democratic society deciding to create a racial hierarchy culture or fascism culture. Cultures which cheat specific groups of citizens ---by using physical characteristics (most-often) to exclude specific groups from the access to Prosperity which only capitalism/free-market can facilitate.

The same racists who oppress a nation's social structure and racial hierarchy, are the same racists who control the private sector BKA capitalism/free-market processes. Your fundamental flaw here is the same as the lovely @Marocc in that you have likely mistaken the victim, for the criminal, just because the victim was full of wealth whenever you first discovered the victim.

Edited by Tdot

21 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

The native people are being exploited by these white marxists.

True indeed, at least in this case with the image here. If we are to believe the (inaccurate) theme of that picture, then we assume that it was in fact native women, raping and murdering other native women.

20 hours ago, betsy said:

Censorship.

Where can I buy one of those Indian head dresses from - those with the eagle feathers; as well as a pipe (the pipe of peace)?

I need them so I can finally go fishing for chinook this year.  DFO shut the river down to white folks!

Edited by cougar

On 5/21/2020 at 6:50 AM, bcsapper said:

It's hard to understand how someone could have that much artistic skill and yet be such a child. The guy went to a lot of trouble to create a "cartoon". 

I hate Trudeau more than anyone else in Canada, and if I'm wrong then there's one sick bastard out there, but this is a childish/demented painting imo. 

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of opportunists in these agitated times. There was a protest today in Toronto: https://globalnews.ca/news/7006524/regis-korchinski-paquet-justiceforregis-march-toronto/

The amount of misinformation regarding this case is out of control. Twitter needs to be held accountable for what they are allowing to be posted. There has to be consequences for people that scream fire in a crowded theater and is determined to be a false alarm. 

You have thousand of people marching towards the police station and the chief is not even allowed to speak regarding this case due to an investigation. He even mentioned that he has details that will like to release but he can't.

The intelligence agencies better be careful and stay alert to what is happening in the US and Canada. Foreign agencies can easily manipulate with fake profiles the information and you risk having the society turning into chaos. They are probably laughing in Moscow right now. 

I find it extremely sad how quickly different groups are using tragedies to push their political agenda. 

Edited by Independent1986

Meet Prime Minster Justin Trudeau's new American friend....the Reverend Al Sharpton:

“The time is changing and I will express it in my eulogy and since you are from Canada, I would not take 21 seconds before saying what I have to say.” said Sharpton in a video shared by Radio-Canada.

Sharpton was in Minneapolis to deliver a eulogy at the funeral of George Floyd, the black US citizen whose death at the hands of a white local police officer led to anti-racism riots across the United States. These riots have since moved into Canada, some of which have led to violence and vandalism.

Sharpton, who was previously a presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, also criticized Justin Trudeau last year for his history of wearing blackface.

https://cdnpoli.news/2020/06/04/reverend-al-sharpton-criticizes-trudeau-for-staying-silent-on-trumps-response-to-anti-racism-protests/

My-Post-Copy-12-800x500.png