Racism in Canada

13 minutes ago, Shady said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Probably for the same reasons people are racist in other countries too.

And what would that reason be?

24 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Probably similar to the reasons some Muslims are so loud about their hatred of non-Muslims, gays, Jews, etc.

What would be the reason for such?

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Canada is one of the LEAST racist countries in the world and actively works at stamping it out. 

Why would you be overly concerned about racism in Canada when the MOST racist countries are Middle Eastern and Islamic-ruled countries?

If you are truly concerned about racism, I would start there.

world racism.jpg

Good point.  I'm sort of confused by relevance of this topic.

25 minutes ago, Marocc said:

What would be the reason for such?

For those Muslims, it's because they believe their religion is the best and only true religion, and because they believe their holy book, the Koran, tells them to hate others and even to kill them.  Not all Muslims believe this way, of course, just as not all Canadians are racists.  

Why don't you tell us why you think people hate on others who are different in some way. 

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

What is the real reason some Canadians are so racistic and so loud about it?

Tribalism.  Distrust and fear/resentment toward the out-group.  The thinking is: you're not one of "us", your culture and behaviour is inferior to ours, you being in our community is like a trespassing making our society worse, we don't want "more" of you here, we don't want you "replacing us" or moving in our territory etc.  So this leads to resentful and hateful actions or words.

It's an old human survival instinct i think.  My tribe vs your tribe.  Protect the tribe from outside threats.  Every ethnic group and country has many people racist towards others.  As said, Canada probably one of the least and most inclusive.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shady said:

This is like asking why some Canadians steal, or rape, or murder.

And if someone asked, "why is it that there is so much stealing, raping and murdering happening in the UK?" would your answer be, "for the same reason there's stealing, raping and murder happening elsewhere."?

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why don't you tell us why you think people hate on others who are different in some way. 

This is about Canada. I don't know the answer. It has to do with politics, not just ethics.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

If you are truly concerned about racism, I would start there.

That's an interesting map. Thank you for sharing it. Do you know, was the question asked from people of different ethnicities or just from "white" people?

Just now, Marocc said:

This is about Canada. I don't know the answer. It has to do with politics, not just ethics.

That much is true and very well known, as some racism in Canada is institutionalized by government and culture.

It is not only Canada, but like many other nations,  Canada has never been immune from racism...sometimes by design.

3 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Fear of different and belief in one's own superiority drives racism, everywhere, including in Islam majority countries and among Muslims. In countries where political leadership fails to take a clear and firm stance against racism of any kind, its worse. It's really not that hard to figure out, so I agree with whoever it was called this a troll post. 

And yeah, this issue is worse in Muslim-majority countries, so maybe confine yourself to asking why that is and what you can do about it, you being Muslim and all.

Ciao.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Fear of different and belief in one's own superiority

Then it looks like your answer is basically that the reason some Canadians are so racistic and so loud about it, is 'fear of different and belief in their superiority.'

You then seemingly exclude any possibility that political groups around Canada and the world could possibly be affecting the amount and quality of that fear of the different and belief in one's superiority.

1 minute ago, Marocc said:

Then it looks like your answer is basically that the reason some Canadians are so racistic and so loud about it, is 'fear of different and belief in their superiority.'

You then seemingly exclude any possibility that political groups around Canada and the world could possibly be affecting the amount and quality of that fear of the different and belief in one's superiority.

That's a meaningless word salad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

Massive third world immigration and multiculturalism and diversity is the cause for racism. What else can it be?  No politician ever asked Canadians if we wanted those three leftist liberal programs and agendas to be implemented on host Canadians but they were all forced down the British/Europeans throats anyway. It is the leftist liberal governments that creates all racism when they try to force the host British/European founders of this country into having to accept and preserve the many other cultures, religions, traditions, and languages that are so foreign to us and they are helped kept alive and paid for by the British/European taxpayer hosts of this country. 

Many of these people from the third world now have their own schools, TV and radio stations, newspapers, community centers and places to worship which is telling the host people that we will not assimilate into your Canadian culture, values and ways of doing things. You can pretty much can  go to hell with your western ways of doing things. 

Those mentioned are some of the reasons why we see some racism going on in Canada. Blame your politicians for their promotion of multiculturalism, and not those that want to fight back and keep their country as it has been for centuries now. There is nothing wrong with third world immigrants immigrating to Canada. Variety is good. But it is the numbers that is the problem. hose numbers need to be lowered before we see more racism and violence act up. Just my personal opinion of course.  ;)

15 minutes ago, Marocc said:

When I personal see hundreds of thousands of illegal so called refugees crossing into Canada illegally, and breaking our immigration laws w/o a care, and costing the Canadian taxpayer's hundreds of billions of their tax dollars going to those illegals, to feed, clothe and house them is no doubt one of the reasons why racism may be on the rise. Just saying. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Marocc said:

This is just an accusation disguised as a question Marocc.

The question is predicated on your false assertion that Canadians are more racist than people in other places. That's patently false, so your initial question is just a weak attempt at hate mongering.

How do I know it's false? Canadians don't kill our own people just for blasphemy. Canadians don't kill other Canadians because of their sexual orientation. It's highly illegal in Canada to physically attack other Canadians out of bigotry, and in cases where that does happen, a perpetrator can face as much as ten extra years in prison for their "hate crime". This is the will of the people. The majority. It is an accurate reflection of the average Canadian. Hence, I say that Canadians are less bigoted than a lot of other countries.

A better opening question is, what's your problem with Canadians Marocc? What gives you the impression that Canadians are more racist than people from other countries? Do you feel like you're less racist than Canadians? Do you feel like you're less of a bigot than most Canadians?

What your ethnic origin? Your religion, or lack thereof? Are people from your country, or your religion, the types to kill others for being different? 

Let's go Marocc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Pretty much, yup.  That's also what drives anti-Semitism, Islamaphobia,  homophobia etc.  In my opinion, of course.

38 minutes ago, Marocc said:

I don't exclude that possibility at all; my comment re: poltical leaders implied exactly that.

But if you want to discuss how political leadership affects levels of expressed racism, that's a different discussion than "why are some Canadians so loudly racist", don't you think.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The question is predicated on your false assertion that Canadians are more racist than people in other places

To be fair, she didn't assert that at all.  She merely asked why some Canadians are loudly racist.  However, most responses have pointed out that racism in Canada is less than many other places.  

23 minutes ago, dialamah said:

To be fair, she didn't assert that at all.  She merely asked why some Canadians are loudly racist.  However, most responses have pointed out that racism in Canada is less than many other places.  

If it's no more than in other places, then there would be no point for the question. It would basically just be "Why are Canadians as racist as other people?" Or "Why are Canadians normal?"

The answer would be: "Because they are normal."

• Like 1