Hello, Mr. Trudeau! Welcome to the wonderful world of ... Gun-Control Legislation!!

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If we followed your Republican ways our gun violence and Coronavirus cases would be doubled.  Get real.  

Trump did more than Trudeau did to limit covid, and he did it earlier, so your comment is 100% pure idiocy unless you have some defence of it that has never been presented before. 

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It was a mistake to get rid of the registry after all the money was spent and data collected.  Once we went down that road we should have stayed on it.  Another example of government waste due to government turnover.   A lot history of this in military procurements, infrastructure cancellations...

Canada's defunct Gun Registry is used in IT and project management courses to teach examples of gross incompetence, scope creep, ill defined requirements, change control, cost and schedule overruns, and poor public communications of the roll out.

• Like 1

Trudeau and the MSM here completely dodged the topic of how the shooter got his guns because it runs contrary to Trudeau's stated goal of taking guns away from legal, responsible gun owners.

Canadians have suffered mass violence from muslims carrying illegal fully automatic weapons or driving vans, we have suffered gun violence from known criminals or people with serious mental health issues who weren't afforded proper care and didn't have access to guns legally, and the death toll here from legal gun owners using legal guns is what

Trudeau and his bought-and-paid-for MSM have convinced the dumbest 33% of our population that this is a gun control issue, and that somehow gun laws are involved. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS CRIME WHICH POINTS TO A FLAW IN OURGUN CONTROL LAWS. NOT ONE.

Our gun laws get a shining star on this issue, and the idiocy of our PM is on full display here. That's it. None of Trudeau's sycophant morons have presented any evidence to the contrary to this point because it doesn't exist. 

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's defunct Gun Registry is used in IT and project management courses to teach examples of gross incompetence, scope creep, ill defined requirements, change control, cost and schedule overruns, and poor public communications of the roll out.

Trudeau must love it. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

From the article:

The shooting rampage in which no legal guns were used is the impetus behind taking guns away from the most law-abiding segment of the population.

Makes sense to idiots and liberals (the polite term for idiot), that's about it.

Trudeau could not care about shooting rampages or firearms related deaths. He cares about votes, and appealing to left wing voters. He passed new gun control legislation in 2018 and has yet to implement it. Why? Because actually implementing it wasn't the point. The point was to be seen to be passing more gun control legislation to please progressives and liberals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump did more than Trudeau did to limit covid, and he did it earlier, so your comment is 100% pure idiocy unless you have some defence of it that has never been presented before. 

How about what actually happened?  Anyone can look at the Worldometer and search up press conferences for the past three months.  Facts are facts.  Numbers are numbers.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

How about what actually happened?  Anyone can look at the Worldometer and search up press conferences for the past three months.  Facts are facts.  Numbers are numbers.  

Direct actions against covid are key facts. Trudeau took NONE until March 16th. Doing nothing until March 16th was purely idiotic. If you don't agree with that, it's just out of pure ignorance.

Understanding that 1/3rd of Canada's population is inside of NYC every day, and the virus spreads faster among 11M people in 800 sq km than in 40M people in 11M sq km is just normal. I could get my 10 yr old kid to understand that in less than a minute. If you didn't figure that out for yourself as a grown adult, that's just pathetic. The fact that you still don't understand it after I've said it so many times here is out-of-this-world stupid.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Direct actions against covid are key facts. Trudeau took NONE until March 16th. Doing nothing until March 16th was purely idiotic. If you don't agree with that, it's just out of pure ignorance.

Understanding that 1/3rd of Canada's population is inside of NYC every day, and the virus spreads faster among 11M people in 800 sq km than in 40M people in 11M sq km is just normal. I could get my 10 yr old kid to understand that in less than a minute. If you didn't figure that out for yourself as a grown adult, that's just pathetic. The fact that you still don't understand it after I've said it so many times here is out-of-this-world stupid.

The main difference in approach was the strong public health information campaign and press conferences.  Trudeau reinforced and worked with them.  The official position was always quite clear and unified.  Science was always at the fore and politics barely emerged, except over smaller issues like when to resume a full parliament.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The main difference in approach was the strong public health information campaign and press conferences.  Trudeau reinforced and worked with them.  The official position was always quite clear and unified.  Science was always at the fore and politics barely emerged, except over smaller issues like when to resume a full parliament.  

You mean like closing the borders made no since early in the crises, but was later changed to yes close the borders....Closing down air traffic made no sense to the government early in the crises, then later it was the thing to do....lots of examples that clearly show they could have acted early,. They made up some of that science as they went.... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Science like we are not at risk from covid? Science like travel bans are ineffective and racist? Science like masks are bad? Clear and unified like "oh, we're doing travel bans today, because it's 3 days since we said that they don't do anything?" 

Stupidity and uselessness was always at the fore. Copying and pasting inaccurate WHO bullshit was always at the fore. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

We know his weapons? I missed that. How did he get them? There was some speculation about that interaction with the RCMP officer. 

I have never killed an animal with a gun but several of my close relatives are hunters and we have guns in the house. For reasons I can't really explain, I'm particularly squeamish about other people killing large predators like bears although some of my friends have done that in NL. 

The last media event with the provincial commissioner had released the type wpns he had on his person when he was killed, and the fact he did not have a pal or FAC old title, and they did say what wpn was used in some of the killings....He had shot a RCMP previously but he managed to drive himself to safety, the female RCMP officer was enroute to meet the first RCMP officer that was shot and got away...She was not as lucky.

I would not recommend hunting big game for a novice hunter, like moose or bear, even large deer, my father used to say if you kill it , you eat it...and bear is not that tasty, even worse if they are dump bears...most are hunted for their fur.. Never hunted them, but have eaten some bear meat...

54 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You mean like closing the borders made no since early in the crises, but was later changed to yes close the borders....Closing down air traffic made no sense to the government early in the crises, then later it was the thing to do....lots of examples that clearly show they could have acted early,. They made up some of that science as they went.... 

Yes I do also mean that.  People had plans to wrap up and needed to get home from March Break.  There are implications for families and businesses that needed serious consideration.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes I do also mean that.  People had plans to wrap up and needed to get home from March Break.  There are implications for families and businesses that needed serious consideration.  

It was the long procession of flights arriving from Egypt, Iran, etc. with NO QUESTIONS ASKED at customs that marks the standard of total incompetence in dealing with this issue at a time that was already several weeks behind when there was good reason to start protecting our population.  Just because a bunch of useless bureaucrats at the WHO had not yet declared a pandemic is no excuse.

Edited by cannuck
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, cannuck said:

It was the long procession of flights arriving from Egypt, Iran, etc. with NO QUESTIONS ASKED at customs that marks the standard of total incompetence in dealing with this issue at a time that was already several weeks behind when there was good reason to start protecting our population.  Just because a bunch of useless bureaucrats at the WHO had not yet declared a pandemic is no excuse.

I agree that more restrictions were needed, and trying not to impose them against certain nations instead of every country in some attempt to be non-discriminatory probably caused unnecessary delay, though I don’t think Trump’s restrictions made much substantive difference when the impacted regions of China were already under quarantine.  Iran did cause some concrete problems in terms of infections, but again, we’re mostly talking about returning Canadians.  The infections in New York likely came from Europe, but no western countries were considering restrictions on Europe.  Don’t forget the impacts on tourism, especially for places like Florida or California at Spring Break.

It comes down to which jurisdictions have succeeded in flattening the curve, so that the health care system isn’t overwhelmed and the numbers are small enough that we can consider the way to open back up.   We’re getting there, and we did it using other measures than the selective travel bans.  I did support travel bans, but there’s a cost and such bans are partial solutions.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

14 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Really? Politics barely emerged? So you consider Trudeau attempting two major grabs at virtually unlimited power within the span of a few weeks to be an example of politics barely emerging? Now that's what I call a really special perspective.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Really? Politics barely emerged? So you consider Trudeau attempting two major grabs at virtually unlimited power within the span of a few weeks to be an example of politics barely emerging? Now that's what I call a really special perspective.

What, you think your freedoms have been stolen more than in other countries, including many US states?   Obviously you don’t read news.  In parts of Europe no one under 12 is allowed to leave the house for any reason.  In Ontario we can still go for runs and walks without having to have a dog.  While it’s recommended not to visit people, there’s no legal enforcement of that.  The closing of playgrounds was about as harsh as it got.  The bigger issue is the closing of parts of the economy, but that was done to slash cases.  Figure out what you want, because there’s economic consequences for all forms of shutting down, including air travel, which impacts tourism, hotels, and so on.  Trudeau hasn’t been great on any of this, but he hasn’t fucked up the messaging or interfered where he was out of his depth.  The numbers speak for themselves, and nobody’s whining changes that.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What, you think your freedoms have been stolen more than in other countries, including many US states?   Obviously you don’t read news.  In parts of Europe no one under 12 is allowed to leave the house for any reason.  In Ontario we can still go for runs and walks without having to have a dog.  While it’s recommended not to visit people, there’s no legal enforcement of that.  The closing of playgrounds was about as harsh as it got.  The bigger issue is the closing of parts of the economy, but that was done to slash cases.  Figure out what you want, because there’s economic consequences for all forms of shutting down, including air travel, which impacts tourism, hotels, and so on.  Trudeau hasn’t been great on any of this, but he hasn’t fucked up the messaging or interfered where he was out of his depth.  The numbers speak for themselves, and nobody’s whining changes that.

What the hell does any of that drivel have to do with your statement about politics having barely emerged during this crisis? Did you actually understand what was said? Or are you just looking for any opportunity you can find to post totally unrelated crap?

1 minute ago, AngusThermopyle said:

What the hell does any of that drivel have to do with your statement about politics having barely emerged during this crisis? Did you actually understand what was said? Or are you just looking for any opportunity you can find to post totally unrelated crap?

You want to say that government here is using the health crisis as an opportunity to steal liberties.  I think my response addresses your paranoia.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Here in NB we get our march break a week early, than the rest of the country, we son had a trip planed to cuba during that time, Justin went on the media a couple days before that and strongly encouraged all Canadians if they were away to come back ASAP due to uncertainty of flights and they where thinking at the time to shut down borders.... , my son canceled his trip on that advice...Many did not, because at the time there was not enough notice or companies were not going to refund... Those people that left gave Justin the finger and left anyway...then moaned and groaned for the government to come and get them, after borders started to close...During the march break in Ontario Justin made several calls for Canadians to return ASAP, and if they had not already left to cancel...Canadians were still going on vacation up until our border was shut down, not just a few but tens of thousands. Are these the people your talking about.

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Here in NB we get our march break a week early, than the rest of the country, we son had a trip planed to cuba during that time, Justin went on the media a couple days before that and strongly encouraged all Canadians if they were away to come back ASAP due to uncertainty of flights and they where thinking at the time to shut down borders.... , my son canceled his trip on that advice...Many did not, because at the time there was not enough notice or companies were not going to refund... Those people that left gave Justin the finger and left anyway...then moaned and groaned for the government to come and get them, after borders started to close...During the march break in Ontario Justin made several calls for Canadians to return ASAP, and if they had not already left to cancel...Canadians were still going on vacation up until our border was shut down, not just a few but tens of thousands. Are these the people your talking about.

Well what’s the solution there?   I’m sure the American South is glad we didn’t close sooner.  All those Disney and resort bookings.  How much airline business happens over March Break?  What about people who had left weeks before closures were even under consideration?   I stayed home for the Ontario break, but I do know of some people who had planned once in a lifetime trips and early on we still didn’t see the writing on the wall.  I can’t judge them.  What if you were visiting an aging relative overseas?  If you canceled that trip you may never see them again.  This is a no win.  We lose by being too strict or too open.  It will be a hard middle ground we try to walk with reopening, but there’s no choice.  

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

So what was Justins motive to hide this power grab in other bills, why not just come out and tell everyone he needed it for our good. And what would this crises look like now if the conservatives had not caught them and they had unlimited power....with no one with any over sight, shit even with over sight they managed to screw up Lavalin scandal and the endless lies that went with that...Justin liberals can not be trusted, over sight is very much needed....  Justin is the man at the switch and deserves criticism where needed. 

• Like 1