Do you agree with Dr. King, White People?

when he alluded to the fact that  'whoever witnesses (Racist) evil, and stays silent, is just as guilty as whoever did the evil'

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.

Is that how you live? staying silent about our racist evils and our White Privilege? But always speak out and complain about Diversity quotas or affirmative action hires? Is White Privilege a form of affirmative action we are okay with?

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

No, because it does not exist. I can point to plenty of white people who are just as underprivileged.

You would do yourself a huge service by learning the big difference between: 

underprivileged Whites vs Whites who pissed away their White Privilege.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This proves nothing.

It proves that the privilege is not about being white.

Quite sure there are privileged blacks too. If privilege is measured by wealth, status it is class based. Not skin colour. Please prove otherwise sir, not these contrite armchair utterances, as if they are true, because you said so? You have proved nothing.

5 minutes ago, Tdot said:

You would do yourself a huge service by learning the big difference between: 

underprivileged Whites vs Whites who pissed away their White Privilege.

Addiction is an illness.

30 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Quite sure there are privileged blacks too. If privilege is measured by wealth, status it is class based. Not skin colour.

When 90% of the wealthy class are in fact, Caucasians, then Race/skin color most definitely overrules Class. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Edited by Tdot

26 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Not our fault then.  

Oh I agree that it is not our, fault, altho it is in fact our responsibility. Yes. It is our responsibility to not use our White Privilege to subjugate our fellow Mankind like negros, Chicanos, Native Americans etc...

Edited by Tdot

52 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Oh I agree that it is not our, fault, altho it is in fact our responsibility. Yes. It is our responsibility to not use our White Privilege to subjugate our fellow Mankind like negros, Chicanos, Native Americans etc...

Absolutely.  The very thought!  I wouldn't even consider it.

Except Lancastrians.  I do have some standards.

Edited by bcsapper

18 minutes ago, Tdot said:

When 90% of the wealthy class are in fact, Caucasians, then Race/skin color most definitely overrules Class. That is a fact, not an opinion.

No it is not a fact. Without a baseline, it means nothing. Such gross attempts at measuring equality by these units of measure might convince a simpleton however. And there's lots of those around, so no doubt you'll garnish lots of support.

Having known many people and families of many different races, I know that virtually every race/ethnicity has many people within it that will often favour people of their own race and not like or distrust certain other races/ethnicity.  I'm not saying this is morally just, i'm just saying racism is prevalent in every culture.

If whites have an advantage in the West and if white privilege exists, which I think it does unfortunately, it's because there's more white people in western countries than any other race/ethnicity.  If ie: Asians were the majority in the Canada, there certainly would be asian privilege just like there's asian privilege in asian countries.  For that reason whites shouldn't hold collective guilt for white privilege, though they should do their best to stop racism from happening just like every other ethnicity should.  Virtually every country in the world has privilege that's held by the majority group(s).

There's also countless businesses in Canada run by non-whites that have racist hiring practices, countless racist non-white landlords, but we rarely hear about this in the news, because of the double-standard.  Racism is racism and it's all wrong.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Having known many people and families of many different races, I know that virtually every race/ethnicity has many people within it that will often favour people of their own race and not like or distrust certain other races/ethnicity.  I'm not saying this is morally just, i'm just saying racism is prevalent in every culture.

If whites have an advantage in the West and if white privilege exists, which I think it does unfortunately, it's because there's more white people in western countries than any other race/ethnicity.  If ie: Asians were the majority in the Canada, there certainly would be asian privilege just like there's asian privilege in asian countries.  For that reason whites shouldn't hold collective guilt for white privilege...

You put this very eloquently for sure pal in terms of, THEORY, altho not in terms of those practical ways which things do wind up actually working out.

For example, in the USA and Canada, negros own no Industries negros control no Markets and negros dictate no Cultures. Whereas we Whites own every Industry and control every Market and we dictate every Culture ---collectively known as, White Privilege.  Which then makes it, irrational, for us to equate Negro's racism to White people's racism.

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

No it is not a fact. Without a baseline, it means nothing. Such gross attempts at measuring equality by these units of measure might convince a simpleton

You can get mad at me, sure, but you can't change the facts ---When you wake each day, and see which Race of people do control Canada GOVT and the USA GOVT, you know it's true. When you look and see which Race of humans own 95% of all wealth and assets, you know it's true. When you admit which Race owns or controls 97% of all Canadian banks and USA banks ---you'll know it's true :) and you'll also remember then that there's nothing you can do to change the fact that we enjoy White Privilege. 

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, Tdot said:

You put this very eloquently for sure pal in terms of, THEORY, altho not in terms of those practical ways which things do wind up actually working out.

For example, in the USA and Canada, negros own no Industries negros control no Markets and negros dictate no Cultures. Whereas we Whites own every Industry and control every Market and we dictate every Culture ---collectively known as, White Privilege.  Which then makes it, irrational, for us to equate Negro's racism to White people's racism.

Well, there's black privilege in the US, it's just not very strong especially compared to white privilege, because of the reasons you mention and others.

Whites also don't dictate all markets and industries in USA.  ie: Jewish Americans are very financially successful, and are known to hire their own just as whites do.  But if you call them out on it you're labeled an anti-semite.  White collective guilt again strikes its ugly head and gets in the way of facts.

White people have been the most powerful race in the world for the last 500+ years, and with that power have done a lot of good and bad things.  Turns out they're human like every other race.  Every other race do good and bad things too with what power they have, they're human too.  Blacks were ensalved by whites, and blacks enslaved each other to sell Africans to whites.  Best not to feel too much pride or shame for your race, they're just people.  White pride and white guilt lead to stupid actions & policies that are often racist.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Quite sure there are privileged blacks too. If privilege is measured by wealth, status it is class based. Not skin colour. Please prove otherwise sir, not these contrite armchair utterances, as if they are true, because you said so? You have proved nothing.

When people talk about white privilege they aren't talking about wealth, they're talking about unearned advantages based on race, like when a white manager company will hire a white person or an arab if everything else is equal.

And it's true.  My point is that many arabs would hire another arab over a white person too, same with landlords looking for renters etc.  It just so happens that in Canada whites have most of the wealth and population, so non-whites have an uphill battle in more of these cases compared to whites.

You can have poor white people of course, but it can be a bit easier for a poor white person to get out of poverty than a poor black person in Canada because of the white privilege that exists.

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

When people talk about white privilege they aren't talking about wealth, they're talking about unearned advantages based on race, like when a white manager company will hire a white person or an arab if everything else is equal.

And it's true.  My point is that many arabs would hire another arab over a white person too, same with landlords looking for renters etc.  It just so happens that in Canada whites have most of the wealth and population, so non-whites have an uphill battle in more of these cases compared to whites.

You can have poor white people of course, but it can be a bit easier for a poor white person to get out of poverty than a poor black person in Canada because of the white privilege that exists.

Of course it's about wealth. These presumed privileges lead to better paying jobs, and finally to a wealthier status.

If whites have the most population, it follows they would represent higher in wealth groups too. Just because it is disproportionate does not prove it's because of racism. Racism does exist, don't get me wrong but it is hopefully diminishing with every generation. It will never go away, and shouldn't be forced underground by silly leftist convoluted ideas about enforcing a nice numerical balance on their already racist spreadsheets. No method of forcing compliance in employment will work or is even fair. As a businessman I shouldn't have to hire someone because of their skin colour, period. I hire them because they meet certain basic criteria in skills and knowledge, and they seem like the right fit for my crew. That definition of fit is my business, and no-one elses.

46 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Jewish Americans are very financially successful,

Exactly. White Jews. Caucasian Jews. Yes. Jews who look like northern-Europeans for the most part.  

When it comes to chances at a successful life, that is the one element which never changes; skin whiteness. No matter the Race/Ethnicity, the whiter the skin then the more successful the society allows you to become.

diversity quotas and affirmative action should never go away, for these reasons.

Edited by Tdot

23 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Is this for real then?

a2c6652.png

Yes!

This is great news!! Thanks for sharing!

A virus/pandemic crisis actually, epitomizes, legitimate grounds for any nation to suspend immigration.

Edited by Tdot
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

True indeed.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge