Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:36 AM, PIK said:

Vaccines are doing what we were told they would do. Ford is one of the best leaders in the country on this. Mistakes made yup. Get things wrong at times? Yup But they did nor fear changing positions if needed. Unlike the other 2 parties that would have run this province off a cliff the last 2 yrs, like the Feds. 

He's on the road to re-election. He's realized the RoFo style of confrontation wouldn't get him through COVID and that his political bread is buttered by straddling the middle. 

He has no issue with kicking Anti-Vaxxers out of the party, unlike one bald federal leader, we all know. 

Edited by Boges
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Boges said:

He's on the road to re-election. He's realized the RoFo style of confrontation wouldn't get him through COVID and that his political bread is buttered by straddling the middle. 

He has no issue with kicking Anti-Vaxxers out of the party, unlike one bald federal leader, we all know. 

Learns from his mistake, unlike the one federal leader with nice hair, we all know. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready to present your digital identity if you want to do anything. No more fake printouts for those who've ducked getting the pseudo-vaccine. In other words no exceptions.

Ontario residents will need a QR code to prove their vaccination status as of Jan. 4.

That means starting next Tuesday, if you want to eat inside a restaurant, or sit in at a bar, movie theatre or other settings, proof of vaccination without a QR code won't be enough.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/qr-code-hamilton-covid-19-1.6299207

It's the new arm-band.

• Like 1

Go to to "Portal" to get your code, and it shows this:

Due to high volumes on Ontario’s COVID-19 enhanced vaccine certificate and appointment booking systems you may experience longer than normal wait times to book an appointment or download an enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code.

There may be limited access to COVID-19 vaccination appointments in your region at this time. Individual public health units are working to add appointments to vaccination centres on an ongoing basis. We thank you for your patience, and ask that you check back regularly or check for availability through other channels such as pharmacy, primary care settings, and walk-in clinics.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination

This is some kind of a joke, right? Wasn't this on Saturday Night Live?

So wait, the government is not issuing these documents in the form of laminated cards. You have to download it (no easy task, as indicated above), print it, and laminate it yourself.

Don't have the computer savvy? Sorry Grandma, no access to public places for you. Maybe another family member can help you. Oh, you are alone? It's a pity. Move along.

Thinking about the Covid experience on the whole, and where we all can see this is heading, one must ask-

Can this farce get any sadder?

I mean, come on.

Answer yes. Yes it can.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, cannabis_ca said:

It's a proven fact that wearing a mask can help! Why don't our top politicians start wearing a mask at the public??  

Look at how things are under control in Korea and Singapore,  and look at how the top people setup a role model so everyone follows.  

I still see half of the people outside in gocery stores or simply walking outside downtown Toronto without wearing a mask.  

If you cannot buy one, here it is:  www.ppecanadasupplies.com   

If you're following Ford by not wearing one, it's really an issue we should be dealing with! 

A proven fact...that masks can help. Mull that over for a second. Both redundant and incredibly non-committal at the same damn time.

What a feat.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, OftenWrong said:

Get ready to present your digital identity if you want to do anything. No more fake printouts for those who've ducked getting the pseudo-vaccine. In other words no exceptions.

Ontario residents will need a QR code to prove their vaccination status as of Jan. 4.

That means starting next Tuesday, if you want to eat inside a restaurant, or sit in at a bar, movie theatre or other settings, proof of vaccination without a QR code won't be enough.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/qr-code-hamilton-covid-19-1.6299207

It's the new arm-band.

I was really disgusted at the run-around I got for my family crossing back into Canada.  It’s $225 US for a rapid PCR test in Buffalo.  The ArriveCAN app is a horrific bureaucratic paperwork nightmare that almost no one over 70 or even 60 will be able to manage with ease.  So we need vax passports, a completed app for our phones (no phone, no access to Canada), and outrageously expensive tests.  I’m so disappointed in Canada and how our government treats its citizens.  To cross into the US you just need a passport.  Digital vaccine passports are nothing less than digital ID cards used to track and control citizens.  Fight these draconian policies wherever possible.  If I wanted to live in China I’d emigrate.  How are the premiers signing off on this?  Trudeau is a fascist.  Ford, smarten up!

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

But I thought he was a commie. It's impossible to keep up around here.  I'm going back to my basement.  It's nice and warm by the woodstove - it always makes me feel better. 

Yes stay there and hide from Covid.  You’re right.  I’ll stick with totalitarian.  Covers both ends.  

Well...the fat chicken-shit did it...again. Even more businesses will go bankrupt and even more folks will lose their jobs.

The death rate of omicron CAUSED death is statistically zero. 

@DougFord - You gutless wonder! You're nothing more than a liberal tweenkie. You have lost my vote you fat POS!

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You have lost my vote

Never had mine, that's for sure. I remember some members here who self-identify "Conservative" for whatever reason, gushing over Ford when he got "elected".

The man is what he is- no prior experience in politics or leadership of any kind. Perfect fit for Ontario, under the federal leadership of another one who is exactly the same as him.

So now, Candians shall own the political leadership class they foolishly elected, and even, re-elected. Reap the miserable harvest you have sown, and eat the bitter bread thereof.

Edited by OftenWrong
confirmed all spelling is correct
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, myata said:

Now you can choose between Libs and NDP, good luck! (not that I'll vote for Ford but there just isn't anywhere to run anymore)

Then I'll write in "None Of The Above". And I will continue to do so until a real leader comes along.

I'm really starting to believe that this is all intended to push society until it snaps and people are primed for war.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:06 AM, OftenWrong said:

How far will they go if you dont comply with said “health measures”.?

Just try and resist them, see what happens.

I'm pretty sure there'll be limited, if non-existent, enforcement on gatherings. 

Not sure about businesses though. I feel bad for recreational facilities and dining establishments. 

Ontario hasn't published stats since Friday. Cuz Holiday. The only stats we're getting is from Christine Elliot's Tweets. 

They need to be clear on how much Omicron is ACTUALLY burdening the Healthcare system. 

It seems the main threat is Healthcare workers testing positive and needing to go home. AND NOT waves of very sick people flocking to hospitals. 

Imagine enforcing 5-10 days of isolation for the common cold? 

If you handed me a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) right now, I wouldn't take it. Let's assume we all have this thing. This is what we've been waiting for. A mild endemic virus. 

Edited by Boges

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

They need to be clear on how much Omicron is ACTUALLY burdening the Healthcare system. 

It seems the main threat is Healthcare workers testing positive and needing to go home. AND NOT waves of very sick people flocking to hospitals.

Certainly the thousands of health care workers who quit exacerbates the problem. It was one of the points raised today, although no one is connecting the dots here. Just too bad.

17 minutes ago, myata said:

Ok. Sure. This is really smart. And now let's see who cared to read it.

I think you're missing my point...or the point...of writing in "None Of The Above".

1. I would tend to believe the one's counting ballots would tend to notice a large percent of "None Of The Above" write-ins.

2. At some point ya gotta develop a conscience about this. I've worked for the feds and know what that cesspool can be like. I've spent too many years, holding my nose and casting votes for faux-conservatives. I'd hoped a 'Ford' would have had the conscience to actually lead according to ALL SCIENCE...but evidently I was wrong.

"Follow the science"...PFFT. More like "Follow ONE science into an abyss."

'Ahhh...we all gonna DIIIEEE!'

Quick, quick. Somebody tell the dunderheads.

“People who have recovered from an infection with the new Omicron coronavirus variant may be able to fend off later infections from the Delta variant, according to a new laboratory study carried out by South African scientists.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/28/health/covid-omicron-antibodies-delta.html