Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/data-shows-saskatchewan-a-few-intensive-care-patients-away-from-triage-protocol-1.5621617

Apparently they are trying to send icu patients to Ontario to lighten the load.  I think they should accept as many as possible without overloading themselves too.  

Because Ontario takes COVID seriously. 

Fifty five people transferred from Northern BC to lower mainland because they are critically ill and the hospitals up there are overwhelmed and don't have beds.  43 have Covid; 42 of them are unvaccinated. 

"But vaccinated are just as likely to get sick" claim the unvaxed.  "But the hospitals aren't that full" claim the unvaxed."  "Hardly anyone gets seriously ill, unless they're old and nearly dead anyway" they say.   "It's my right to go anywhere and endanger anyone" the unvaxed whine.  

Unvaxed subtext: I care about nobody but myself.

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Fifty five people transferred from Northern BC to lower mainland because they are critically ill and the hospitals up there are overwhelmed and don't have beds.  43 have Covid; 42 of them are unvaccinated. 

"But vaccinated are just as likely to get sick" claim the unvaxed.  "But the hospitals aren't that full" claim the unvaxed."  "Hardly anyone gets seriously ill, unless they're old and nearly dead anyway" they say.   "It's my right to go anywhere and endanger anyone" the unvaxed whine.  

Unvaxed subtext: I care about nobody but myself.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6209420

I should say that we should pray for them but nah. 

I like the pic of the officers hauling him away.  

Today we heard the Canadians who are double vaccinated with Astrazenica are allowed to enter the USA. They were previously not allowed to enter USA because AZ was not on the accepted vaccines list. Good news for those Canadians who've had two shots of AZ, you may now enter the United States.

But, not so fast for the folks who had one shot of AZ and one "other" vaccine such as Moderna. That vaccine schema is not recognized by the USA. They will accept two AZ's though. I also heard the same problem exists for Canadians travelling to certain other countries. UK was one that refused to recognize AZ mixed with something else. The person probably has to have a THIRD shot with an mRNA to clear "customs".

Really looks like the Canadian government gave Canadians bad advice about mix-n-match. Not a medically recognized schema. Done without research, but it sounded like a pretty good idea to the wise and skilful leadership.

The above is not an opinion. I have mentioned this before, about a month ago. Go look up the news and find articles related to mixed vaccines etc, I don't have time to feed you.

AZ got cancelled after thousands of Canadians already had their first shot. They were then told to get themselves a Pfizer or Moderna. I know some folks who followed the government's advice, in the spirit of wanting to do the right thing. Result - their ass is now in a sling. Or some other colorful expression to designate how the government screwed them from behind. Let this be your cautionary tail.

That's why - Follow the government's one-size-fits-all directives and mandates, you say?

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Today we heard the Canadians who are double vaccinated with Astrazenica are allowed to enter the USA. They were previously not allowed to enter USA because AZ was not on the accepted vaccines list. Good news for those Canadians who've had two shots of AZ, you may now enter the United States.

But, not so fast for the folks who had one shot of AZ and one "other" vaccine such as Moderna. That vaccine schema is not recognized by the USA. They will accept two AZ's though. I also heard the same problem exists for Canadians travelling to certain other countries. UK was one that refused to recognize AZ mixed with something else. The person probably has to have a THIRD shot with an mRNA to clear "customs".

Really looks like the Canadian government gave Canadians bad advice about mix-n-match. Not a medically recognized schema. Done without research, but it sounded like a pretty good idea to the wise and skilful leadership.

The above is not an opinion. I have mentioned this before, about a month ago. Go look up the news and find articles related to mixed vaccines etc, I don't have time to feed you.

AZ got cancelled after thousands of Canadians already had their first shot. They were then told to get themselves a Pfizer or Moderna. I know some folks who followed the government's advice, in the spirit of wanting to do the right thing. Result - their ass is now in a sling. Or some other colorful expression to designate how the government screwed them from behind. Let this be your cautionary tail.

That's why - Follow the government's one-size-fits-all directives and mandates, you say?

You could provide a cite for your idiocy. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-border-mixed-vaccine-1.6209667

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) currently doesn't recognize mixed COVID-19 vaccines — such as one dose of AstraZeneca, and one dose of Pfizer or Moderna — and hasn't yet said if travellers with two different doses will be blocked from entry when the vaccine requirement kicks in. 

"CDC will release additional guidance and information as the travel requirements are finalized later this month," said spokesperson Jade Fulce in an email on Wednesday. 

There are studies that show mixing doses produce a good immune response. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

https://www.fraserhealth.ca/health-topics-a-to-z/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/mrna#.YWgzS9nMJpQ

There'll be massive pressure for the US to allow mixed doses that include AZ. There's no logical reason to prevent it. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

You could provide a cite for your idiocy. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-border-mixed-vaccine-1.6209667

There are studies that show mixing doses produce a good immune response. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

https://www.fraserhealth.ca/health-topics-a-to-z/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/mrna#.YWgzS9nMJpQ

There'll be massive pressure for the US to allow mixed doses that include AZ. There's no logical reason to prevent it. 

Thanks Boges. I am glad you took the initiative this time and obtained your own cite. Hopefully that will tamp down some of the idiocy.

Suggest sending your comments and observations to CDC.

;) 

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

No, just a lack of research, is all. I mean, besides the anecdotal seat-of-the-pants stuff you people go by.

There's plenty of research. 

Just none you accept because you're eager to discredit anything vaccine. 

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Thanks Boges. I am glad you took the initiative this time and obtained your own cite. Hopefully that will tamp down some of the idiocy.

Suggest sending your comments and observations to CDC.

;) 

IIRC Dofo and JT are mixed doses. So I think that'll be a motivating factor. 

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Like said, its not on me. Please take your complaint to the CDC.

Tell them “It’s unfair”.

Again, nothing has indicated mixed dose people would be banned, just that no decision has been made. 

Up until this recent decision, vaccination wasn't required to enter the US via Air. Just a negative test. 

Seems the US is formulating their policy on the fly. 

All that fearmongering by those that are led by the cult that feels personal freedoms should trump public health has come to nothing here in Ontario. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-hospitals-seeing-low-rates-of-staff-losses-to-mandatory-vaccine-policies-1.5620971

TORONTO - Several Ontario hospitals have placed staff on unpaid leave or terminated them due to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policies, but they say the numbers are relatively low and won't affect patient care.

A spokesman for Cambridge Memorial Hospital said 51 staff members who either haven't been vaccinated or won't share their status have been placed on leave.

“Because it is a low number and it is spread across corporate and clinical services that we are confident there will be no impacts to patient care,” Stephan Beckhoff said in a statement.

Nearly 97 per cent of staff are either fully or partially vaccinated and have attested they will have both doses by Nov. 9, he said.

Edited by Boges

Ontario has gone past the requirements for a complete exit from all restrictions, as I understand them to be. We were promised our freedom if we reach certain milestones. Well, milestones got reach, didn't they. Yet the restrictions remain.

Today we heard from the great ones that they will be lifted... but slowly... oh so slowly. I mean, really slow. Perhaps the old man does everything a little too slowly, was my first thought.

Meanwhile I and others would like to see things go a little quicker. People got some life to live, fella. You want to go lay thee down in the quiet meadow, go right ahead fill your boots but otherwise get the hell outta my way.

Edited by OftenWrong

On 10/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, OftenWrong said:

Ontario has gone past the requirements for a complete exit from all restrictions, as I understand them to be. We were promised our freedom if we reach certain milestones. Well, milestones got reach, didn't they. Yet the restrictions remain.

Today we heard from the great ones that they will be lifted... but slowly... oh so slowly. I mean, really slow. Perhaps the old man does everything a little too slowly, was my first thought.

Meanwhile I and others would like to see things go a little quicker. People got some life to live, fella. You want to go lay thee down in the quiet meadow, go right ahead fill your boots but otherwise get the hell outta my way.

We have seen them lifted. Notice full hockey games again? 

They said they want to wait 3 weeks until after Thanksgiving to notice any appreciable spike before removing limits on Gyms, Theatres and restaurants. 

Of course Anti-Vaxxers are still are not permitted at these establishments. Which is a good thing. 

I doubt you're going to see Mask mandates go away in the near future. 

The big restriction I want removed is the requirement of a PCR test to enter the country. But when you have provinces like Saskatchewan, NB and Alberta still in the midst of this fourth wave, you won't see the Feds lifting that requirement until COVID is under control nationally. 

Rick Hillier, a former Ontario MPP, posted on Social Media about several young people that died or are sick and attributed it to the vaccine. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/cambridge-woman-speaks-our-social-media-post-hillier-1.6218286

On Tuesday, images of Navab and 10 other people appeared on the social media of Randy Hillier, an Independent MPP for Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston. The posts suggested they died after having a "permanent adverse reaction shortly after receiving their first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine."

"It's straight up lies," said Ammarah Navab, noting her sister died of a genetic disorder. 

"It's complete fake news."

The post — shared on Hillier's Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts — suggested the individuals were "perfectly healthy" and "harmed by a drug they were told was completely safe."

This is the type of shit that Anti-Vaxxers pull. They're a scourge on society. 

The great ones, whose every mere utterance can bring us life or death, have proclaimed that masks and restrictions will now be removed in March 2022.

What a joke. That they expect to be believed at this point is ridiculous. These people never made a single right prediction or smart move since this began.

”Premier” Doug Ford. Bwah hah hah. 

On 10/24/2021 at 7:32 AM, OftenWrong said:

The great ones, whose every mere utterance can bring us life or death, have proclaimed that masks and restrictions will now be removed in March 2022.

What a joke. That they expect to be believed at this point is ridiculous. These people never made a single right prediction or smart move since this began.

”Premier” Doug Ford. Bwah hah hah.

I suppose you'll sit the next election out then. 

Ontario is actually doing very well with COVID right now. 

They set up a ridiculously these are just generous. The end of March, would hopefully signal an ending to the Cold and Flu season and also the increased chance of COVID. 

You'll be happy to hear that, should things remain, more or less, the same, come January, all these Vaccine requirements will be lifted. You'll be able to enter society again. 

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Today all capacity limits will be lifted. 

Should be a day to celebrate for Ontario. 

But the Anti-Vax Scourge just pouts in the corner. Good look for them. 

Not really.  I don’t celebrate when my freedom is given back to me.  I don’t celebrate when rights that should never have been allowed to be taken by a government with no authority to take them, then starts giving them back in bits an pieces.  But you government stooges can celebrate all you want.  

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

But the anti vaxxers promised us that the restrictions would never be lifted, and that we'd all be doomed to live under a tyrannical rule!  

I’ve never heard anyone suggest that.  I have heard the suggestion that these types of infringement of rights, is likely to happen much easier in the future as a president has been set.  What you libtards continue to fail to understand is that somebody can be pro-mitigation, pro-vaccine like I am. But still recognize fundamental rights and freedoms.  Perhaps your brains are too small to grasp the nuance and concept.