Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

When a politician says, no, I will never allow that to happen, what they probably really mean is yes, I will allow it to happen. Politicians can never be trusted with anything they say anymore. Today, it is no, tomorrow, it is yes. Politicians lie. ?

They are also amenable to enjoying a little payola on the side, secret money to grease the wheels of progress. Let's hope the billionaire-backed cabal of progressive influencers don't get their way and make Ford buckle in this case.

Way I see it, once they have a card that is a legal permit for any person to enter a facility, that's the end of personal liberty right there.

Because once you have that kind of control you can now exploit the shit out of anything, to get that little green checkbox to appear on the computer screen.

Otherwise, you get a red X...

red-cross-symbol-icon-as-delete-remove-fail-failure-incorr-incorrect-answer-89999776.jpg

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

They are also amenable to enjoying a little payola on the side, secret money to grease the wheels of progress. Let's hope the billionaire-backed cabal of progressive influencers don't get their way and make Ford buckle in this case.

Way I see it, once they have a card that is a legal permit for any person to enter a facility, that's the end of personal liberty right there.

Because once you have that kind of control you can now exploit the shit out of anything, to get that little green checkbox to appear on the computer screen.

Otherwise, you get a red X...

red-cross-symbol-icon-as-delete-remove-fail-failure-incorr-incorrect-answer-89999776.jpg

We are always being told by our dear lying political leaders of the wonders of all of these covid vaccines that are supposedly safe enough to take and that those that take the covid vaccines will survive from getting covid. Yet, for some unknown reason we are never told about some of the disasters that have happened to people who have taken the jab. Many have gotten seriously ill and many have died. 

From my understanding those that do take the jab they must be told by whomever is administering the vaccine the dangers of taking the covid vaccine. Otherwise those administering the vaccine can be sued if something happens to those who took the jab. Just saying. 

Right now is the time to reset the reference frame. OK there was SARS (two decades) and MERS (one and half) and one and half years past travel from Wuhan fiasco, but as of now our great leaders have gotten their wish, the cases are down to single digits and we aren't even going to argue whether through their selfless efforts or just seasonal variation (see summer 2020). But this is a new start and there's no reasons to do worse than Taiwan, Norway, Finland, etc. Or is there? What?

From here there are only two main scenarios. Either they stay low hopefully, and we'll have a deep sigh of relief. Or, comes October and November they'll begin climbing again. And only in this case that none of us wants to see, who wants to know what it would be?

Would it be back to arbitrary and ineffective lockdowns? (statistic shows that several countries achieved better results without endless restrictive lockdowns - the last one in Ontario was 5.5 months, with a brief interruption mid February to April)

How many more rounds of lockdowns will the economy and population endure without major breakdowns?

What are the alternatives to blanket "shotgun" measures that have been investigated and prepared in 18 months of the pandemic - and twenty years after SARS?

Should we be interested now? Or better to wake up to the muzak?

On 7/18/2021 at 6:42 PM, myata said:

Right now is the time to reset the reference frame. OK there was SARS (two decades) and MERS (one and half) and one and half years past travel from Wuhan fiasco, but as of now our great leaders have gotten their wish, the cases are down to single digits and we aren't even going to argue whether through their selfless efforts or just seasonal variation (see summer 2020). But this is a new start and there's no reasons to do worse than Taiwan, Norway, Finland, etc. Or is there? What?

From here there are only two main scenarios. Either they stay low hopefully, and we'll have a deep sigh of relief. Or, comes October and November they'll begin climbing again. And only in this case that none of us wants to see, who wants to know what it would be?

Would it be back to arbitrary and ineffective lockdowns? (statistic shows that several countries achieved better results without endless restrictive lockdowns - the last one in Ontario was 5.5 months, with a brief interruption mid February to April)

How many more rounds of lockdowns will the economy and population endure without major breakdowns?

What are the alternatives to blanket "shotgun" measures that have been investigated and prepared in 18 months of the pandemic - and twenty years after SARS?

I think Quebec has the right idea. If numbers of unvaccinated rise, they get locked down. 

Impose Vaccine passports to access things like indoor dining, gyms, theatres and other indoor public activities. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

If you are already vaccinated, get out there. You dont need to fear covid. Not that you ever did, 

Who says they aren't. 

We see that in the US and the UK that Healthcare systems can still be overwhelmed by morons that don't get vaccinated. 

And then you get the cancelled surgeries and triaging that your ilk will further rage about. 

A feedback loop of people lacking critical thinking. 

In the status updates, Shady said that the unvaccinated shouldn't be allowed into the ICU. Would love to see it. 

Edited by Boges

On 7/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, Boges said:

Who says they aren't. 

We see that in the US and the UK that Healthcare systems can still be overwhelmed by morons that don't get vaccinated. 

And then you get the cancelled surgeries and triaging that your ilk will further rage about. 

A feedback loop of people lacking critical thinking. 

In the status updates, Shady said that the unvaccinated shouldn't be allowed into the ICU. Would love to see it. 

Thats what you see, but its all too obvious. You people are like a donkey when you put a carrot before its nose.

I see a system that has not responded properly. Has not done the important things that could shield us from having to shut down our cities. We could do a lot better and spare people some misery.

I guess the fact our government is not proactively doing these things says, they dont want to.

But then I am just a crazy, bad man.

Edited by OftenWrong

On 7/21/2021 at 10:26 AM, OftenWrong said:

You slaves to corona carry on as you may.

The Dofo has it right on passports.

If you are already vaccinated, get out there. You dont need to fear covid. Not that you ever did, 

It was such a relief to see bars and restaurants packed in downtown Montreal tonight.  It’s the first time I’ve seen the majority of people unmasked indoors and outside since spring, 2020.  It was only among the young, but they’re ahead of Ontario.  I really hope that indoor mask requirements disappear as soon as possible.  We can’t live under continued restrictions.  It should be on individuals to protect themselves and their kids now.  

On 7/24/2021 at 12:12 AM, Zeitgeist said:

It was such a relief to see bars and restaurants packed in downtown Montreal tonight.  It’s the first time I’ve seen the majority of people unmasked indoors and outside since spring, 2020.  It was only among the young, but they’re ahead of Ontario.  I really hope that indoor mask requirements disappear as soon as possible.  We can’t live under continued restrictions.  It should be on individuals to protect themselves and their kids now.  

It's never been on individuals in a community. The community needs to see to its own protection because individuals are unreliable. This is why your kid can't go to school until you get them vaccinated for a variety of potentially deadly communicable diseases, from measles to mumps and chicken pox. And if you want to travel you are again required to get vaccinated for the diseases which are common in parts of the world. I see no issue with adding covid to the list of vaccinations required. Once they're listed as safe for kids no children should be permitted to go to school who isn't fully vaccinated.

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

It's never been on individuals in a community. The community needs to see to its own protection because individuals are unreliable. This is why your kid can't go to school until you get them vaccinated for a variety of potentially deadly communicable diseases, from measles to mumps and chicken pox. And if you want to travel you are again required to get vaccinated for the diseases which are common in parts of the world. I see no issue with adding covid to the list of vaccinations required. Once they're listed as safe for kids no children should be permitted to go to school who isn't fully vaccinated.

I mostly agree.  I just don’t know how required they should be or what the enforcement should be.  I’m alright with mandatory vaccination, but I’m a bit troubled by the idea of vaccine passports and I think there should be grounds for exemptions in exceptional circumstances.  

On 7/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, Argus said:

The vaccines haven’t been been listed as safe for adults.  They haven’t been approved by the FDA or the Canadian equivalent.  They’re only approved by emergency authorization.  Regardless, you have no right to force people to put anything in their body.  Get fully vaccinated and then you don’t have to worry about somebody else’s vaccination status of a virus that has a mortality rate of like 0.1% in people that aren’t 65+ with chronic illnesses.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shady said:

The vaccines haven’t been been listed as safe for adults.  They haven’t been approved by the FDA or the Canadian equivalent.  They’re only approved by emergency authorization.  Regardless, you have no right to force people to put anything in their body.

Who says I can make them? Not at all. But I just pointed out that we won't let kids go to school who aren't vaccinated for other diseases. This is no different. So they get vaccinated or they get home schooled. And the government should do as the US is doing and require its employees to get vaccinated. All governments should make that requirement. Make you? Nope. But you can't work here without getting vaccinated. And if private sector places won't let you into their bars, restaurants, clubs, stores, arenas, holiday camps or whatever without showing proof of vaccination, hey, that's not 'making you' now is it? 

8 minutes ago, Shady said:

Get fully vaccinated and then you don’t have to worry about somebody else’s vaccination status of a virus that has a mortality rate of like 0.1% in people that aren’t 65+ with chronic illnesses.

People like you act like this is a black and white issue as far as getting the disease goes. Either you get it and die or you get it and skip merrily through the flowers. It ain't. Even if you don't die you can spend time in hospital. And even if you don't have to go to hospital this disease can be extremely unpleasant and have life-long consequences. Even if you've been vaccinated. The vaccines are not perfect, after all. You can still catch the disease and you can still get hurt by it and you can still pass it on to others.

In addition, the more this virus moves around the population the more it mutates. The Delta variant is way more contagious than the UK variant before it, which was way more contagious than the Alpha. I don't want this swirling around getting more variants until one of them can invalidate the vaccines completely. The less of this around the safer we'll all be.

The BBC's Andrew Marr on getting covid even though he was vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57640550

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Who says I can make them? Not at all. But I just pointed out that we won't let kids go to school who aren't vaccinated for other diseases. This is no different. So they get vaccinated or they get home schooled. And the government should do as the US is doing and require its employees to get vaccinated. All governments should make that requirement. Make you? Nope. But you can't work here without getting vaccinated. And if private sector places won't let you into their bars, restaurants, clubs, stores, arenas, holiday camps or whatever without showing proof of vaccination, hey, that's not 'making you' now is it? 

People like you act like this is a black and white issue as far as getting the disease goes. Either you get it and die or you get it and skip merrily through the flowers. It ain't. Even if you don't die you can spend time in hospital. And even if you don't have to go to hospital this disease can be extremely unpleasant and have life-long consequences. Even if you've been vaccinated. The vaccines are not perfect, after all. You can still catch the disease and you can still get hurt by it and you can still pass it on to others.

In addition, the more this virus moves around the population the more it mutates. The Delta variant is way more contagious than the UK variant before it, which was way more contagious than the Alpha. I don't want this swirling around getting more variants until one of them can invalidate the vaccines completely. The less of this around the safer we'll all be.

The BBC's Andrew Marr on getting covid even though he was vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57640550

Not if you’re fully vaccinated.  The odds of getting sick are minuscule.  You’d have a better chance winning the lottery.  Getting severely sick you’d have a better chance getting hit by lightning twice in the same day.  You really need to become familiar with the actual science.  Breakthrough cases after vaccination.  0.08% is your chance to get COVID after fully vaccinated.  Its statistically zero to get severely sick or die.

Yup if the fear-mongering and restrictions continue, I’d rather see parallel systems, one in which people live without any mandatory restrictions and one in which they do.  You sign a waiver to live among the unrestricted, accepting the consequences.  Different schools, hospitals, grocers...  My guess is that the death rate will be slightly higher among the unrestricted.  I’ll take it.  

On 7/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, myata said:

If the lying politicians get their way, come this fall, there will be another round two of covid 19 to get yourself prepared for. I find it very hard for our dear comrade leaders to want to give up their dictatorial powers just yet. They are probably allowing a bit of freedom for now for the summer, but come this fall look out, we all may have to go a round two of covid bullshit once again. Only time will tell of course. 

If you have seen as to what has been going on in Australia, there has been four lock downs already, and now another lock down has been imposed on the Australian people once again. But this time they are fighting back. They have had enough. There has been huge demonstrations against the newly imposed lock downs and there has been over ten thousand Australians or more that have taken to the streets to defy this new lock down. I do not believe that the Canadian fake media has shown any of these demonstrations in Australia on TV at all. The media no doubt have been told by comrade Fidel Trudeau to not report on them at all. If you click on the Rebel News website you can see it all happening on there. 

How many rounds of covid bullshit will go on will depend on whether they the sheeple go along with the next covid #2 lie or will they say, enough already, no more covid bullshit anymore. We all just want to get back to the good old normal days like they were before all of this covid plandemic bull came along.

It is up to the sheeple now to go along to get along or not to go along to get along. I will be for the latter. If you were smart enough you would too. No more covid bs for me any longer. The damage has been done. No further damage required. Just saying. ?

PS: Websites action4canada, awakecanada, and vaccinechoicecanada are all good informative alternative websites and at those websites one can find out all they need to know from getting the other side of the story. Your call. ? 

20 hours ago, Shady said:

Not if you’re fully vaccinated.  The odds of getting sick are minuscule.  You’d have a better chance winning the lottery.  Getting severely sick you’d have a better chance getting hit by lightning twice in the same day.  You really need to become familiar with the actual science.  Breakthrough cases after vaccination.  0.08% is your chance to get COVID after fully vaccinated.  Its statistically zero to get severely sick or die.

Apparently, fully vaccinated people can still get covid and pass it on to others. Therefore, the non-vaccinated people should be worried about being around those vaccinated people. They could give non-vaccinated the covid bug. Just saying. ? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup if the fear-mongering and restrictions continue, I’d rather see parallel systems, one in which people live without any mandatory restrictions and one in which they do.  You sign a waiver to live among the unrestricted, accepting the consequences.  Different schools, hospitals, grocers...  My guess is that the death rate will be slightly higher among the unrestricted.  I’ll take it.  

Why can't we all just go back to the good old normal days where people did what they wanted to do without all of this fear-monger going on these days. We are starting to see the fake Canadian media now trying to make it appear as though those who refuse to take the jab are the ones that are now spreading the covid virus. Such lying bull chit indeed. How would they know that anyways? 

If the Canadian media did proper job of journalism, and not be so bias, they would now find out and report on TV that those who have been vaccinated can still get covid and can pass it on to others. Maybe it is the non-vaccinated people that should start to be scared of being close to someone who has been vaccinated? 

I believe that we are all being conned into starting to believe that those that are not vaccinated are the cause in the rise of covid numbers which to me is all just plain bull chit. No one can really prove that such a thing happens. Not even doctors or scientists. We are all going to find ourselves living in two different camps, and the vaccinated and the non-vaccinated people fighting against one another over some fake and phony virus lie and hoax in Canada.

If someone wants to be vaccinated then that is okay with me. But the vaccinated people needs to allow those that do not want to be vaccinated alone and let us all live our lives in peace together. It will be the lying politicians and the lying media that will try and get us all to fight against each other. Don't let them win. They both have done enough damage to we the people already with all of this covid virus stuff. Just my opinion of course. ?

People have adapted to restrictions like trained dogs.  If you remove an elephant’s tether, it will still stand there thinking it’s tethered.  That’s what reopening looks like right now.  Vaccinated people are driving masked in their cars by themselves.  It’s insane.  That’s why it’s so important for government to lift all restrictions as soon as possible.  

On 8/2/2021 at 12:20 AM, Zeitgeist said:

People have adapted to restrictions like trained dogs.  If you remove an elephant’s tether, it will still stand there thinking it’s tethered.  That’s what reopening looks like right now.  Vaccinated people are driving masked in their cars by themselves.  It’s insane.  That’s why it’s so important for government to lift all restrictions as soon as possible.  

The only real restrictions we're seeing now is masks indoors. 

It's annoying, but yes we've adapted. 

21 minutes ago, Boges said:

For someone who pretends to understand science, you don't know that boosters are required when dealing with a virus that mutates? 

People not getting vaccines in the first place makes mutations more likely. 

Right.  How many mutations were there in 1918 when there were no vaccines?  How many mutations have developed in North America?  If high risk people want boosters, go for it.  I’m fully vaccinated, my immune system contains antibodies, can recognize covid and start producing more now that I’m vaccinated.  I don’t need any boosters.  Especially when there’s little to no science on any of possible long term effects of any of this, as these vaccines haven’t actually been approved other then by emergency authorization.