Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

I think we’re going to catch a break with warmer weather coming sooner this year than last, which should help with a drop in cases.

You'd think. But if workplaces are driving cases, like I'm hearing. Then that won't change until these people get vaccinated. 

Anecdotal but still could be emblematic of the new reality. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-woman-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-from-husband-who-got-infected-at-work-doctor-says-1.5374029

TORONTO -- An Ontario woman in her 40s is dead after she contracted COVID-19 from her husband, who got sick after being told to go to work despite there being a known COVID-19 outbreak at the factory where he was employed, her doctor says.

15 minutes ago, Boges said:

In hindsight vaccinations should’ve been prioritized by risk of exposure.  There should also be a vaccination centre at every university and college.  

2 hours ago, Boges said:

1) Apparently there are scores of no-shows to appointments because people are making multiple appointments to try and secure early dates.

You can't no-show to a dentist appointment without paying a fee. How can you not charge someone for possibly waste a valuable vaccine? 

This is the ultimate selfishness if that is true. Those damned people who book multiple with no shows must be prosecuted for negligence causing harm or death to others. If this is true also it is a big fault of Ontario government or booking portal. The damn system must not allow re-booking of someone who has booked already. It is easy software to check against OHIP number.

Today there were 3000 people infected (and 3000 new cases past 4 days). Out of those about 30 will die regretfully. I would have been less than 300 new infections with nobody dying if everyone was vaccinated. But not enough vaccines going around. Those who multiple book deprive others of getting life saving vaccines. It is a crime.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

21 hours ago, Shady said:

In hindsight vaccinations should’ve been prioritized by risk of exposure.  There should also be a vaccination centre at every university and college.  

College students can learn at home. 

All these "essential" manufacturing jobs should have had their people vaccinated by now. 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

College students can learn at home. 

All these "essential" manufacturing jobs should have had their people vaccinated by now. 

Nobody can really learn from home, but it’s not at school where they’re catching it and spreading it, it’s socializing .

DoFo has not met this moment. 

He still refuses to re-deploy vaccines resources to places where the spread is the greatest. And when he says he will. people under 50 still can't get a vaccine. 

TBH we'd be in a better spot if more focus was initially made to vaccinate workers in hot zones as opposed to LTC residents. 

Edited by Boges

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

DoFo has not met this moment. 

He still refuses to re-deploy vaccines resources to places where the spread is the greatest. And when he says he will. people under 50 still can't get a vaccine. 

TBH we'd be in a better spot if more focus was initially made to vaccinate workers in hot zones as opposed to LTC residents. 

Yes, but that’s not what doctors recommended.  He’s listening too much to doctors, etc.  Not making more practical decisions.

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Doctors are saying it now. 

That’s great.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  If Trudeau would’ve done a better job getting more vaccines for January, February, and March it would be less of an issue.  But here we are, weeks behind where we could’ve been.

52 minutes ago, Shady said:

That’s great.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  If Trudeau would’ve done a better job getting more vaccines for January, February, and March it would be less of an issue.  But here we are, weeks behind where we could’ve been.

The hindsight error is focusing on LTC homes first. People who were more likely to spread the disease should have been the focus. 

Even with this Stay-At-Home orders, factories and Manufacturing facilities stay open, with no plans on vaccinating people under 40 until sometime next month. 

As the doctor said, the variants are effecting the public different than in initial waves of the virus. 

Ontario is still sitting on like a million vaccines with only an appointment portal as the distribution method. They should be have been setting up clinics at Essential workplaces in February. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

The hindsight error is focusing on LTC homes first. People who were more likely to spread the disease should have been the focus. 

Even with this Stay-At-Home orders, factories and Manufacturing facilities stay open, with no plans on vaccinating people under 40 until sometime next month. 

As the doctor said, the variants are effecting the public different than in initial waves of the virus. 

Ontario is still sitting on like a million vaccines with only an appointment portal as the distribution method. They should be have been setting up clinics at Essential workplaces in February. 

Yes hindsight is 20/20.  But we don’t know if variants are effecting the public differently than because most cases are younger people in university and college, and that was all shut down last spring.  So was most work until June. Regardless back in the winter everyone was complaining about nursing home deaths which make up the vast majority of provincial covid deaths.  So that’s where they decided to focus.  And not one member of the medical community spoke out against that.  And of course Trudeau continues to go blameless in any of this, even though it was his inaction that led to so little quantities of vaccines during the first quarter of the year.  

Ontario is thankfully vaccinating 100,000+ per day now, so about 3 million per month.  By the end of April we should have over 5 million people with at least the first dose of a vaccine, which still provides pretty good protection.  My the end of May we should have half the population of Ontario vaccinated with the first dose.  By the end of June it should be close to 75%.  Hopefully more than that and faster if they push past the 100,000 vaccinations per day.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:51 AM, Shady said:

I think we’re going to catch a break with warmer weather coming sooner this year than last, which should help with a drop in cases.

Not if our welfare recipient dictating politicians get their way. They want to keep this scamdemic virus going. Communist dictators love being in control of we the sheeple. Anyone wearing a face diaper mask is saying to their dear comrade leaders that they are willing to submit to their communist dictates. End the wearing of face masks and these dictators and their Covid 1984 hoax will finally fade away. We will gain our freedoms and rights and our old normal lives back. We have been told by comrade Tammy health minister of Canada that even after people take the vaccine jab they may still have to continue to wear a mask. WTH? 

Over twenty American states have cancelled forced mask wearing and their citizen's can finally breath fresh 100% oxygen instead of 50% oxygen and 50% carbon dioxide once again back into their lungs. The other 50% is the carbon dioxide that your body wants to get rid of. The summer sun apparently does kill off any and all viruses. There should be no need to have to wear masks in the summer time. Covid should die naturally. ;)

On 4/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, Boges said:

Good luck travelling once the vaccine is widely available then. 

Thanks to the buffoons out there who still believe this convid 1984 hoax of a lie, I am unable to travel freely anymore. Trying to get back to Canada is a quarantine nightmare. It's not worth the time, the effort, or the money, to travel anymore.

Being forced to have a vaccine shot and passport to be able to travel is a crime against Canadians and a crime against humanity. This hoax is in violation of the Charter or Rights and Freedoms. But ask your dear welfare recipient politician if they really care about Canadians rights and freedoms. They appear to despise Canadians and their rights and freedoms. 

Bad luck will only come to anyone who decides to want to travel by airplane and did not take the jab. They must stay and remain prisoners in their own communist like country called Canada. And people like you think that this is just oh so peachy. Go away. :P

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:48 AM, OftenWrong said:

PM Trudeau... enjoys... celebrates even... the fact there is a worldwide pandemic. As we can see on the video where he grins and expresses how pleased he is at this "opportunity to re-shape the world".

Therebye it makes sense- If you want the shutdown to continue, you sabotage the vaccine purchases. Screw the people, as we are the world's first post-flatulent state.

This criminal called Castro Trudeau is having a laugh every day at all of those Canadian buffoons out there who will keep listening to his lies and bull chit about this covid hoax. Comrade Trudeau has now become the dictator of communist Canada and if this fool wins the next election, Canada will surely become a third world communist hell hole.

And apparently this fool wants to bring in another 400,000 new legal immigrants and more refugees to Canada this year from the third world. Our white homeland will soon be gone forever thanks to this criminal of a globalist leader of Canada. 

The more we keep giving in and obey, the more you have to keep giving in and obey. Just the way our dear welfare recipient comrade globalist politicians enjoy it and their new found powers and control over we the sheeple. Our so called politicians are no friends of we the sheeple. They despise us all with their contempt for us all. My opinion. Just saying.  ;) 

On 4/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, Shady said:

Ontario is thankfully vaccinating 100,000+ per day now, so about 3 million per month.  By the end of April we should have over 5 million people with at least the first dose of a vaccine, which still provides pretty good protection.  My the end of May we should have half the population of Ontario vaccinated with the first dose.  By the end of June it should be close to 75%.  Hopefully more than that and faster if they push past the 100,000 vaccinations per day.

For some reason, the last two days have been less than 100,000. Moderna delayed their shipment this week. 

Though they claim they have capacity for 150,000. 

On 4/8/2021 at 1:40 PM, Shady said:

What is with people like you and this fascination with people taking vaccines anyway? These vaccines are experimental vaccines and no one knows as to what harm these vaccines may do to their bodies in time. 

You will probably be sad to hear that it is now a law in Canada that nobody can be forced to take a vaccine unless they want it. Well known lawyer Rocco Galanti won a case in court against the government of Canada from forcing people to take the jab. It violates the Nuremberg Code and anybody who tries to force anyone to take the jab could now be prosecuted in Canada.  Comrade pro-vaccine Trudeau just got it up the azz.

Anti-vaxers have won a victory and they cannot be forced to be vaccinated. This means that vaccine passports will not become mandatory in order to travel in or out of Canada. Great news indeed. Well, great news for the thousands of anti-vaxers out there like me. ;)

• 1 month later...

Politics are most certainly entering the debate about Ontario's COVID-19 reaction. 

We're looking at a 2 month Lockdown. That's horrific for businesses. But people are adapting. Restaurants have pivoted their business models and people are making it work and enjoying the improved weather. 

What I can't get over is the people who screamed that we needed a strict lockdown are now advocating for recreational facilities and golf to be allowed to open. 

This is just a game now. The guidelines say you shouldn't be socializing with people outside your household, EVEN in an outdoor setting.  Who's playing Golf with only people in their own homes!?!??!

I can't get a haircut, I can't go to the Hardware store, I can't eat on a patio. But Golf and Tennis Courts are the priority? 

If Public Health officials want Golf courts to open, I think I can safely ignore your guidelines about not seeing family and friends in outdoor setting. At least DoFo is being consistent about this, if we're supposed to stay home, then you shouldn't be playing Golf. 

I pray the vaccination numbers see a significant drop in cases in the coming week. We'll have overtaken the US, per capita, in first dose vaccinations this week. 

9 hours ago, Boges said:

We're looking at a 2 month Lockdown.

Two months? Toronto and Peel have been closed since November 2020. Unless you count that week they briefly re-opened and immediately shut again. That actually hurt businesses even more.

I read that the ON lockdown is the longest of any country in the world.

55 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Two months? Toronto and Peel have been closed since November 2020. Unless you count that week they briefly re-opened and immediately shut again. That actually hurt businesses even more.

I don't count that. There were 6 weeks in my sleepy burb where things were quite normal. Was able to eat indoors, get my haircut, shop in an actual store. You know, the good life? 

I read that the ON lockdown is the longest of any country in the world.

Perhaps, but not the strictest, which I guess is the problem.

If you want to do this right you either have to be willing to suspend human rights and dignity for several weeks (See Europe, Australia and Quebec) OR just not give two shits about the lives of the sick piling up in Hospitals. 

We laud the US for their results once the Vaccines started to flow. People forget that they were seeing per capita numbers much worse than even India has recently been seeing in January. 

I suspect once things open up again and a critical mass has been vaccinated, memories will be quite short. 

Edited by Boges

4 hours ago, Boges said:

I don't count that. There were 6 weeks in my sleepy burb where things were quite normal. Was able to eat indoors, get my haircut, shop in an actual store. You know, the good life? 

Perhaps, but not the strictest, which I guess is the problem.

Well that's you had a break. But those are highly populous areas.

You know how many good law abiding citizens there are who live there, and who don't understand and are in great fear of the virus? Lots of people. They've suffered throughout by following the rules, living an isolated life.

If you want to do this right you either have to be willing to suspend human rights and dignity for several weeks (See Europe, Australia and Quebec) OR just not give two shits about the lives of the sick piling up in Hospitals.

Last time I looked Germany was still on the rise of their third wave. They were among the harshest in Europe in enforcement, putting entire building complexes under quarantine by armed guards. Outcome was about the same as everyone else in terms of infections. But outcome in terms of social harms, by using enforced, punitive measures? Shiesse... komplit shiesse,,,

We need to wake up to the reality. There's any number of places in the world that did not have several months long lockdowns, kept the spread under control and didn't need to cry and shout in turns and repeatedly. Achieving that involved: professionalism; competence; responsibility; and efficiency though. Now, how many of these terms can be applied to this province, and country policy so far?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

Opened vaccinations to all over 18 to run out of appointments in 3 hours (CBC). What is it? Didn't know? Oh so new? Why "opening" service if it cannot be provided? Is it the third world already, or only a caricature of what not to do in a national emergency?

Edited by myata