Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of Doug Ford's caucus has gone rogue and speaks out. I shall post the content of the letter here.

A member of Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s caucus is speaking out against his own government’s policies and calling for an end to the province-wide pandemic lockdown.

“The lockdown isn’t working,” writes York Centre Progressive Conservative MPP Roman Baber in a letter to Ford.  “It’s causing an avalanche of suicides, overdoses, bankruptcies, divorces and takes an immense toll on our children. Dozens of leading doctors implored you to end the lockdowns.”

The bolding is mine.

Remember how I told you people are not getting cancer treatment, right before you people called me a Nazi. And others here applauded that.

The north Toronto politician, who was first elected in 2018, also notes the various reported harms being caused by the lockdown — such as an oncologist from Princess Margaret Hospital fearing a “tsunami of cancer” due to reduced screenings and the Canadian Mental Health Association reporting a historic high of 10% of adults reporting thoughts of suicide.

The bolding is mine.
Someone else here on this forum said the ICU occupancy rate is less than one patient per hospital. You people ignored him, and called him bad names.

“Today, there are 385 COVIDICU patients, that’s less than one patient per Ontario’s 492 hospitals. Risk can be minimized with transfers and good management. Urban area hospitals are always above capacity at this time of year – that’s why we campaigned on ending Hallway Healthcare.”

“Premier, we should stop scaring children. This generation of kids will grow up with an anxiety disorder and will be afraid of normal life. Kids need to be kids again, back in school with their friends. They should not believe that coming close to another child may result in someone’s death.It’s false and unwarranted.”

Baber says in the letter that this data was provided to him by the Ministry of Health on Jan. 12.

Link

I love how you leftists really like Doug Ford. You think he knows what he's doing. It shows how separated from reality you have become. Because you are inspired by authoritarian meatheads.

The true Nazis are revealed.

Edited by OftenWrong
link
  • Like 1

I know people who have had Cancer procedures screening done and people who've had elective surgeries done during this second wave. I know, completely anecdotal, but this alarm around the inability of the Healthcare to function outside of COVID-19 treatment is a bit much. 

My family has had unobstructed access to Healthcare throughout the second half of 2020, into 2021. 

Now if you require emergency intervention, I suspect your experience would be different. As it should if a few thousand people are getting a deadly contagious disease every day. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-2-578-covid-19-cases-fewest-number-of-tests-in-2-weeks-1.5271126

Though the numbers do indicate a curve has been beaten back a bit. Active cases are on a downswing as is testing (would indicate less people have reason to believe they have COVID-19).

Deaths and Hospitalizations are still higher than one would like, but those numbers lag the spikes we saw earlier in the month. Likely because of Holiday gatherings. 

Edited by Boges

Ford is an idiot appealing to Biden for help on vaccines. As if Biden is going to drop all the massively urgent items on his desk to help out... Ontario, because its supply is delayed a week or so. Good God. That would be so far down Biden's list you'd need an electron microscope to find it. Not to mention there is no way in hell he's going to arrange for more vaccine for Canada even if he could. Why would he do that ahead of Americans? Ford is a buffoon.

It would make much more sense for Pfizer to use their US plant in Michigan to distribute the vaccine Canada has purchased, as opposed to flying it over from Europe. 

There's mutual interest to both countries to get the most number of people vaccinated as quickly as possible. The border remains closed to land travel for most reasons 

Trump always jumps to protectionism as his first impulse. That'll likely change under Biden. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Trump always jumps to protectionism as his first impulse. That'll likely change under Biden. 

The Democrats have always been protectionist. I don't expect that to change.

No American president is going to allow vaccine to be sent to other countries when there are Americans who need it. I'm surprised the ones in Europe allow it, to be honest.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The Democrats have always been protectionist. I don't expect that to change.

No American president is going to allow vaccine to be sent to other countries when there are Americans who need it. I'm surprised the ones in Europe allow it, to be honest.

They were protectionist.  That changed long ago.  They were also anti-war.  That also changed.  Now they’re globalist neocons.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 5:55 AM, Boges said:

Idiots going to ERs thinking that's where the overcrowding is happening. 

ERs are actually empty because people AREN'T wasting their time going to Hospitals for run-of-the-mill sickness because of COVID-19. 

There is dick all happening at any hospitals in regards to convid. The hospitals are not flowing over with convid patients. any convid stats are all being fabricated to make it appear as though we are in the middle of some terrible plague. And politicians like Ford are trying to keep this convid farce going. Society is suffering and dying from this globalist plandemic hoax. Event 201 told us this would happen. There are thousands of people attending many anti-covid rallies in Canada now who have all said that they have had enough. They want their freedom and their old lives back. It is our dear comrade leaders and the lying media that want to keep this farce going. Ford is just one of those globalist lackey politicians that needs to be arrested and charged with crimes against Canadians and crimes against humanity. ;)

16 hours ago, taxme said:

There is dick all happening at any hospitals in regards to convid. The hospitals are not flowing over with convid patients. any convid stats are all being fabricated to make it appear as though we are in the middle of some terrible plague. And politicians like Ford are trying to keep this convid farce going. Society is suffering and dying from this globalist plandemic hoax. Event 201 told us this would happen. There are thousands of people attending many anti-covid rallies in Canada now who have all said that they have had enough. They want their freedom and their old lives back. It is our dear comrade leaders and the lying media that want to keep this farce going. Ford is just one of those globalist lackey politicians that needs to be arrested and charged with crimes against Canadians and crimes against humanity. ;)

If Ford is your enemy on the populist Conservative side, you have no allies that ever hope to form a government in all of Canada. 

17 hours ago, taxme said:

You'll know whether a bigger agenda is afoot once 70% of the population is vaccinated.  That's when herd immunity is supposed to make it possible to lift restrictions.  That puts us at sometime this summer.  If restrictions continue at that point, I think we've succumbed to technocrat fascism.  The non-Covid health and financial costs are already dangerously high.  By the end of summer we'll have been living under restrictions for 18 months.

Even though international travellers to Canada must get a negative test within 72 hours of boarding a plane and quarantine for 14 days once they arrive in Canada, that's not enough restriction for Trudeau and Biden, who are seeking to stop flights and destroy what's left of the airline industry.  This is unsustainable.  Trudeau just signalled that he may suddenly impose flight bans without warning, stranding travellers.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

If Ford is your enemy on the populist Conservative side, you have no allies that ever hope to form a government in all of Canada. 

The conservative party of O'Tool and Ford have pretty much become just liberal leftist party's. Everything they say and do smacks of leftist liberalism. Conservatism is pretty much dead in Canada today thanks to the conservative party and conservatives in Canada who do nothing to try and save conservative values. Anyone in the conservative party of Canada or in any conservative party in any province are pretty much traitors to conservatism. Ford and O'Tool are the enemy of the people.  The People's Party of Canada is the only political party left in Canada that one can honestly say that they do practice real conservatism. Believe it or not. :D

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You'll know whether a bigger agenda is afoot once 70% of the population is vaccinated.  That's when herd immunity is supposed to make it possible to lift restrictions.  That puts us at sometime this summer.  If restrictions continue at that point, I think we've succumbed to technocrat fascism.  The non-Covid health and financial costs are already dangerously high.  By the end of summer we'll have been living under restrictions for 18 months.

Even though international travellers to Canada must get a negative test within 72 hours of boarding a plane and quarantine for 14 days once they arrive in Canada, that's not enough restriction for Trudeau and Biden, who are seeking to stop flights and destroy what's left of the airline industry.  This is unsustainable.  Trudeau just signalled that he may suddenly impose flight bans without warning, stranding travellers.

We are all going to find out this year that 2020 was a wuss of a year compared to what 2021 will be bringing to us all compliments of our dear comrade leaders like communist China loving communist Trudeau. There can be no end to this virus because what is going on today has nothing to do with a virus at all. This scam hoax of a virus today is really all about a globalist communist takeover compliments of Bill Gates, G. Soros and many of their other ilk globalists. Anyone who wants to still believe that this convid virus is all for real today is a fool. 

Canadians have done all they can to help fight this virus and it seems that our dear comrade leaders appear to want to keep it going. We people need to do more to help fight this so called plague which I can guarantee you will never end.

If you want to help to keep this convid virus alive and well then do as your dear lying leaders and the lying media tell you to do and enjoy your new normal life. But if you want to get your old normal life back like it was just ten months ago then you must demand an end to this foolishness now and dam the consequences. Living the life that we are all living today will kill us all. 

The airline industry and the spin offs from all of these stupid restrictions is killing the travel industry, hotels and cruise companies. They are all going bankrupt. Millions of jobs have been lost. Was it all worth it? NO. This is total madness as to what is going on today. There can be no doubt about it that the likes of comrades Trudeau and Biden do want to send us all to financial ruin hell. Only you can stop this madness. 

Action4Canada is a great website to help and even join to help fight this stupidity. It's your call now. ;)

On 1/22/2021 at 11:18 AM, OftenWrong said:

Ford offers to drive to U.S. to pick up more COVID-19 vaccines

image.jpg

This is what happens when the 800 pound gorilla in the room, IS an actual 800 pound gorilla. Could also be an orangutang

No doubt that Ford will charge is gas to the taxpayer's of Ontario. And this gorilla has the nerve to call himself a conservative. No real and true conservative would ever go along with this convid crap nonsense because they would very quickly see thru the lie. There is a really big difference between Rob Ford and Doug Ford. Rob Ford worked for the people while this Doug Ford works against the people. The gorilla works for the globalists and he loves the power of control over we the people that the globalists have given him. Doug knows that this is all bull chit, so why does he keep constantly feeding us bull chit? It's pretty sad when we have Canadian politicians who prefer to be cursed and called names rather become hero's to the people. Our dear comrade leaders are fast becoming a bunch of communist dictators and they appear to love it by the looks of things.

If we had real honest political leaders in Canada they would all say "F" it all and let's all get back to the old normal life that we all once lived and enjoyed and dam the consequences. Can it be any worse to do so? Herd immunity will kill off any viruses. Lock downs, quarantines, social distancing and mask wearing will not work or solve the problem. We have been trying all those things mentioned for ten months now and nothing has been solved. Only you can end this madness. ;) 

A little glimpse into the way things work behind the scenes. Doug Ford was confronted about the problems in Long Term Care homes in Ontario, why they ave not been addressed yet since Covid-19 began. The most serious outbreaks are happening in these homes. When asked why hasn't the military been called in again, his response was "When I asked that question, I was told to say we don't need 'em."

In other words, I am but a patsy...

• Like 1

Numbers keep going down. Which should be expected, but this virus will be with us until everyone is vaccinated. We can't shut down large swaths of the economy and social interaction until that happens. 

If schools and businesses aren't allowed to open once this 28-day period is over, we really do have to re-assess what our goals are here. 

On 1/26/2021 at 5:35 AM, OftenWrong said:

A little glimpse into the way things work behind the scenes. Doug Ford was confronted about the problems in Long Term Care homes in Ontario, why they ave not been addressed yet since Covid-19 began. The most serious outbreaks are happening in these homes. When asked why hasn't the military been called in again, his response was "When I asked that question, I was told to say we don't need 'em."

In other words, I am but a patsy...

Our politicians do not take this China virus serious at all and pretty much know that all of this Covid and this Covid nonsense vaccination stuff is not for real. It's all for show. It would be taking more serious if people were dying in the streets by the hundreds and we would see dozens of ambulances pulling up to the hospital emergency doors and taking out dozens of Covid victims although that is what the lying media likes to show us that this is happening all day long. 

Some have even suggested that most of the deaths in care homes may be due to the fact that when they stick a swab way up some elderly's nose it is said that the stick will cause some damage to that part of the nose which is close to the brain and which could then allow bacteria to then gather and then invade the brain and from there causing death. In the brain there are no anti-bodies. This may be the reason why over 40 people may have died during this process done at some care home on Vancouver Island. Hey, we never know, eh? 

There really is no need to shove a piece of cotton swab on a stick up someone's nose. Your saliva or taking samples of  mucus from ones nose is enough for a Covid test. But for some reason they prefer to shove a stick way up someone's nose. Apparently it does hurt. 

We all are but patsy's in this Covid war that is being played on us all every day. Our puppet on a string lying politicians, the lying media, the lying so called lying health experts and many lying doctors are all going along with this farce. There must be something rewarding in it for all of them. What else can it be. ;)

42 minutes ago, taxme said:

Some have even suggested that most of the deaths in care homes may be due to the fact that when they stick a swab way up some elderly's nose it is said that the stick will cause some damage to that part of the nose which is close to the brain and which could then allow bacteria to then gather and then invade the brain and from there causing death

I have heard these concerns. We’ve never heard of tests like these, pushing material deeper inside the nasal passage is possibly doing something like what youve said.

19 hours ago, taxme said:

There really is no need to shove a piece of cotton swab on a stick up someone's nose. Your saliva or taking samples of  mucus from ones nose is enough for a Covid test. But for some reason they prefer to shove a stick way up someone's nose. Apparently it does hurt. 

A much less accurate COVID-19 test.