Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...yes he is.   The opposition party is doing his work for him.

Oh yah ? How come he is losing in every poll including the Fox News poll ? Might I add, he is loosing to someone that does not even know where he is. Did all of you hear that one when Joe was in New York and he said he is in Washington ?

Like Pierre Trudeau said back in the day, we are different than you Americans. I might add more calm and civil.  

Is July 1st show some respect to the Queen, the British elite is what created your way of life and now you have Donald and Joe running for president. 

Edited by Independent1986

35 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Under- reacted in some cases. The government(s) have neglected those places that had the highest number of deaths from the virus. It’s still that way now. With all the money we are able to come up with, surely they could have done better.

I'm sad for the people lost, and hardships suffered by so many.  I'm glad our leaders paid attention to experts, including changing their response and advice as more was learned about this virus.  I've no doubt mistakes, large and small, were made by people in leadership roles, individual healthcare workers and citizens across the country and the world.  With rare exceptions, I do not believe mistakes were made through maliciousness or because someone didn't care.

I remain grateful that Canada has fared relatively well and that few people can answer "yes" to the question "Do you know anyone who has Covid-19."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

He was losing in every poll in 2016 too.     How does Canada like him now ?

Stick to your blackface prime minister, and how much he has failed Canada.

The abject failure of CHOP has completely de-legitimized Democrats and their de-fund police movement, along with their liberal MSM, and their agents of chaos & division in BLM and Antifa.

The BML/CHOP Cops held 7 blocks for 3 weeks and they killed a 16 yr-old black kid and critically injured a 14 yr old. That's like if a small-town America PD killed 17 black kids and critically injured 17 more in the course of a year. Credibility left - zero.

Right now the country is high on division and rioting but when the dust settles people will start to appreciate the law and order and they're going to want a return to normalcy. The Dems don't offer that.

Trudeau could drop a nuclear bomb on Edmonton and the MSM here would find a bigger story to cover, like some cute ducks crossing the freeway while a bunch of cars stop to wait. 

I hope that we get Dr Lewis to lead our PCs here so that Trudeau's virtue-signalling game goes down the toilet. It's our only hope. 

Edited by WestCanMan

18 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Better yet, does anybody know someone who has Covid-19.

No and I attribute that to living in a province with an apparent critical mass of intelligent people who've taken the outbreak seriously - a subtle type of herd immunity that can't be overstated in terms of importance.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, Boges said:

Spikes in COVID-19 cases have not been seen in protest hot spots. 

Complete lie.  Spikes have shown up in several protest spots, including Minnesota, Georgia and California.  

On 4/20/2020 at 7:46 AM, Argus said:

I don't bring up Trump. I admit that I have been guilty of pushing back against you and the rest of the Trump cult  and your endless praise of a man with the morals of a pimp and the knowledge base of an illiterate rural farmer who never made it past grade two. And I'm tired of doing so.

Hey, anti-Trumper. On Canada day, of all days, approx. 1000 Canadians marched to the American Embassy in Ottawa and started to shout "We Love Trump". It would appear as though there are some Canadians who would prefer to support Trump on Canada Day rather than support and celebrate Canada Day. Eat that, anti-Trumper. And I know that you read what I post here but you are just too afraid or too cowardly to debate with me.      Go, Trump, go. Works for me. :D

16 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

crickets.jpg.e758785bfab96164dbfba2d6df74f10f.jpg

So far, I know of no one who has come into contact with this hoax of a virus. Most people are not dying from this China virus but our dear comrade leaders, their Pravda media, those so called health experts, and hospital administrators are all jacking up the numbers of Covid to b able to keep their power and control over they the sheeple . No doubt this is all happening because they have now found and been given their new found powers of control over they the sheeple, and are able to run and ruin and make our lives miserable. The wearing of masks shows that they the sheeple are willing to accept their globalist deep state masters orders. It's a sign of obedience to their deep state globalist masters. ;)

2 hours ago, Argus said:

For those who say this disease isn't all that dangerous because it has a mortality rate of less than 1%...

jo26b3lcsha51b.jpg

1) Trudeau still did the EXACT wrong things for a long time

2) The people who are afflicted like this are still people with two or more co-morbidities. 

3) Using 1% of the whole population is misleading because people under 14 don't even seem to be able to get c19. Most people under 30 don't even notice it.

4) The infected death rate is probably way less than 1%. They were saying 3% back when they weren't even accounting for the massive number of people who get infected but don't even notice, or barely even get sick.

5) When they say "only 1% need to worry about it", the "need to worry" list includes the list of people with the problems you mentioned. 

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

2) The people who are afflicted like this are still people with two or more co-morbidities. 

A lot of Americans have co-morbidities. 

Hospitals in the effected states are still filling up fast. So that ultimately will lead to more deaths. 

Unlikely to be the rate that New York saw in the Spring. But now that there's no appetite in the US for another Shutdown, the virus has free rein. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Hospitals in the effected states are still filling up fast. So that ultimately will lead to more deaths. 

Unlikely to be the rate that New York saw in the Spring. But now that there's no appetite in the US for another Shutdown, the virus has free rein. 

That's not true.  Governors in Florida, Texas, California, etc have put some restrictions back into place.  Bars are also closed.  Restaurants have limited capacity.  

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I wonder if America's high obesity rate (and all of the co-morbidities that go along with it) is partly to blame for their high hospitalization and death rates.

When one compares Japan to the US, nearly ten-X as many Americans are obese, per capita:

3.6% of Japanese have a BMI over 30, compared to almost 32% of Americans.

No doubt there will be deaths, but it's still in-line with what you would expect from first go-round of a new flu virus. It effects less young people than a normal flu and more old/unhealthy people. 

Apparently 130,000 dead is no big D: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

• A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Ironically people are hailing people in the medical profession as heroes for 'saving lives' - they take more than covid.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Yes, with a bunch of restrictions.  Do you ever read the details?

I didn't, but I'm gonna guess......

There has to be a "FEAR COVID" sign every 15 feet, one on every door, plus there are mask signs up and directional arrows on the ground so that the holier-than-thou crowd can point to them while they yell at infidels.

I now [kinda] know someone who knows someone who had c-19. My wife's assistant has a sister who had it. 

She's 36 and she gets bronchitis every winter, and she has also had pneumonia before on 'more than one occasion' or something like that. I don't remember exactly how she phrased it, but it seems like a regular occurrence for her as well. I just remember came away with the impression that it would be between 3-5 times. I was more focused on the testing info so I didn't harp on this point, more about that later...

Anyways, apparently she got really sick with Covid in April. I'm not sure whether she was ever sick enough to stay in the hospital overnight, but she did experience mild 'shortness of breath' (to be exact, I was told that "she felt like she never really got enough air".) End result, she says that her hands and feet are still partially numb to the touch but she still has full use of them.

Back to testing - she lives with her husband and 5 kids and none of them ever got sick and they never even got tested, so they never found out whether they ever had it, but they definitely had enough exposure that they either got it and remained asymptomatic or their immune systems were strong enough that the virus never managed to infect them.

Seeing as they never got tested, there's obviously not any great deal of 'contact tracing' going on here. It also makes me wonder why her doctor never bother to get them tested. I guess he knew that they weren't in any risk, and maybe they didn't want to bump up the stats? Seems really weird that they didn't need to get tested. I guess they were all just locked down anyways so there was no need.

• 4 weeks later...

Not only was the Federal government too slow to close our borders......but.......

It's coming out now - from the CBC - documents, showing that the Federal government has failed to act accordingly despite warnings and urgent requests from Health Care section,  to fill up the shortages in PPEs and other health equipments required to fight the Corona virus as early as March, 2020.  

Covid-19 was ripping through Asia at the time, but instead of adapting practical preparedness - the Feds had adapted a casual attitude about it.

How many essential workers in the Health Care section had died?   How many essential workers in nursing homes were forced to abandon their jobs in fear of contracting the virus  - leaving the elderly to fend for themselves, dying in their beds?  

I can still recall watching the daily plea for PPEs as people were dying!

Trudeau has to answer for that! 

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Not only was the Federal government too slow to close our borders......but.......

It's coming out now - from the CBC - documents, showing that the Federal government has failed to act accordingly despite warnings and urgent requests from Health Care section,  to fill up the shortages in PPEs and other health equipments required to fight the Corona virus as early as March, 2020.  

Covid-19 was ripping through Asia at the time, but instead of adapting practical preparedness - the Feds had adapted a casual attitude about it.

How many essential workers in the Health Care section had died?   How many essential workers in nursing homes were forced to abandon their jobs in fear of contracting the virus  - leaving the elderly to fend for themselves, dying in their beds?  

I can still recall watching the daily plea for PPEs as people were dying!

Trudeau has to answer for that! 

Does Trump have to answer for it as well? 

The entire Western World started taking COVID-19 about the same time. March 11th. 

The main reason masks weren't advocated early in the pandemic was that manufacturing hadn't ramped up for the impending demand for PPE. So having Joe Public hoard them wouldn't have been good. If you remember people were hoarding everything back them. 

And the built in problems with LTC homes existed well before COVID-19 and well before current governments took charge. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Does Trump have to answer for it as well? 

The entire Western World started taking COVID-19 about the same time. March 11th. 

The main reason masks weren't advocated early in the pandemic was that manufacturing hadn't ramped up for the impending demand for PPE. So having Joe Public hoard them wouldn't have been good. If you remember people were hoarding everything back them. 

And the built in problems with LTC homes existed well before COVID-19 and well before current governments took charge. 

:rolleyes:

Take your TDS to a Trump thread nearest you........this isn't about him.

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

:rolleyes:

Take your TDS to a Trump thread nearest you........this isn't about him.

Translation:  Trump does not have to answer for anything, even if it costs 100s of thousands American lives. Let any be lost in Canada, and Trudeau must pay!  :rolleyes:

Anyway, how would Trudeau "pay"?  Given that the issues in LTCs existed long before this party came to power  shouldn't Harper also have to "pay"?  Why not Mulroney and Chretien too?    Why haven't all governments prepared for a pandemic; warnings about them have been around for years so why wasn't SARS a wake-up call to galvanize our government, Conservative and Liberal alike?