Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I know a few people who have it coming.

Is that the individuals that run around toppling WW1 & WW2 statues and burn police cars ?

Btw here is evidence of propaganda in the left wing media. They did not say 1 word about social distancing when the protests were happening, but when Trump had that freak show rally with him talking about bending over, every single media outlet was pointing the finger = SOCIAL DISTANCING, MSNBC had even experts to debate the risk of this event.

But sure, you want concrete evidence, you want to hear the head of the media outlets conspiring in a back room somewhere. You keep waiting for that evidence until you say something about your progressives brethren on how they attempting to change the fabric of society from merit and hard work to mediocrity. 

Edited by Independent1986

4 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

Is that the individuals that run around toppling WW1 & WW2 statues and burn police cars ?

No, people who think its just the flu.

Btw here is evidence of propaganda in the left wing media. They did not say 1 word about social distancing when the protests were happening

That certainly didn't stop me from wondering if protesters were nuts.

But sure, you want concrete evidence, you want to hear the head of the media outlets conspiring in a back room somewhere. You keep waiting for that evidence until you say something about your progressives brethren on how they attempting to change the fabric of society from merit and hard work to mediocrity.

Meh society was mired in mediocrity decades ago and it's changing because it's unsustainable - it was only a matter of time before a straw broke its feeble back.  You didn't see this coming did you?  

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I know (in passing) someone who died in Bobcaygeon. Why do you ask?

I didn't ask about dying. I asked who had it. Should be, you know, hundreds of times more. Of course you can never get the answer right, BubberMiley.

Besides what are you doing here. Aren't you that status update guy who's all crazy?

2 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

Btw here is evidence of propaganda in the left wing media. They did not say 1 word about social distancing when the protests were happening, but when Trump had that freak show rally with him talking about bending over, every single media outlet was pointing the finger = SOCIAL DISTANCING, MSNBC had even experts to debate the risk of this event.

Rally was indoors. Protests were outdoors. 

Spikes in COVID-19 cases have not been seen in protest hot spots. 

There were also protests in Canada and around the world.

America is currently the only first world nation with a exponential rise in cases. FREEDOM!!! 

2 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

George Soros did it, now Bill Gates will come with the vaccine that has a cip to control human kind. Alex Jones is still streaming ?

You know him? How nice, say hello to George for me.

If we are to talk about celebrities, it seems like a low number of them have it. I heard about Tom Hanks, that's almost all. Oh and Austin Matthews. So not a lot happening there either, because if it is a celebrity I assure you, we will know.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That's a pity. Not me, I don't know anyone. Probably because the virus is doing most of the dirty work among old people and those among us who are ill.

Well actually now it's doing it amongst young people. 

BTW, note that the sparsity of cases in Canada is a testament to how the virus has been controlled up here. 

Ask someone in Florida or Texas if they know anyone who's got it? 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Well actually now it's doing it amongst young people. 

So they tell us, all asymptomatic which is kind of moot point, and that is why we see places continuing to open now. This is taking place despite the actual rate of viral infection (rate, not total number) is in fact accelerating, the virus spreading faster and faster each day and as result there are more people with the virus now, than ever before.

At the same time the data shows for Canada and USA that the death rate is really in decline. Makes me think the virus has changed, as they are known to do. In fact mutation is constant. There is a conservation of collective lethality, if you will, in many respiratory flues meaning they are either very deadly with low infection rate, or not very lethal and highly infectious. And all shades in between. Only few have the unique property of both highly infectious and very deadly.

Given the virus appears to be infecting more than we ever realized, and deaths are declining, we either:

- Are doing a great job protecting people who have the virus or,

- Are lucky, the virus is weakening and going away on its own.

11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

So they tell us, all asymptomatic which is kind of moot point, and that is why we see places continuing to open now. This is taking place despite the actual rate of viral infection (rate, not total number) is in fact accelerating, the virus spreading faster and faster each day and as result there are more people with the virus now, than ever before.

Actually. . . many places have put the brakes on re-opening. 

At the same time the data shows for Canada and USA that the death rate is really in decline. Makes me think the virus has changed, as they are known to do. In fact mutation is constant. There is a conservation of collective lethality, if you will, in many respiratory flues meaning they are either very deadly with low infection rate, or not very lethal and highly infectious. And all shades in between. Only few have the unique property of both highly infectious and very deadly.

I debated this with BC2004 earlier. Though the death rate has dropped because:

1) The age of the infected is dropping. 
2) Doctors are getting better at treating it.

Hospitalization is the true metric of how the virus will cripple a region. And in the States that have had to put a pause on re-opening, Hospitalizations are hitting record levels. 

ICU saturation will eventually lead to a spike in deaths. 

Also, who cares if it's not killing people, it's making people sick and when you have 5k plus people in multiple states getting a virus every day, that's a huge chunk of the work force that "should" have to take a minimum 2 week vacation. 

How's that for the economy? 

Edited by Boges

32 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That's a pity. Not me, I don't know anyone. Probably because the virus is doing most of the dirty work among old people and those among us who are ill.

Exactly.  In Ontario, 95% of deaths are aged 60+.  80% of deaths are from long term care facilities.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I'm glad there are so few, due to Canadian and Provincial government actions, that people can pretend they've over-reacted.  

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I'm glad there are so few, due to Canadian and Provincial government actions, that people can pretend they've over-reacted.  

Under- reacted in some cases. The government(s) have neglected those places that had the highest number of deaths from the virus. It’s still that way now. With all the money we are able to come up with, surely they could have done better.

Edited by OftenWrong

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I debated this with BC2004 earlier. Though the death rate has dropped because:

Yes...let's review:

1.  Canada is ranked 13th for COVID-19 deaths per million in the world.

2.  Canada has the highest percentage of deaths in LTC facilities...much worse than any other "developed" country.

Justin Trudeau should be proud ?

Just now, Independent1986 said:

How about Donald, is he proud ? Such a strong brave man, incapable to keep law and order in his own country on top of pretending to have medical expertise. 

Yes...yes he is.   The opposition party is doing his work for him.

...no need to wear blackface like Trudeau.