Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, Rue said:

You are inhaling too many Cocoa Puffs. China has not beaten any virus. You know nothing about how the virus is impacting on Vietnam or the rest of Asia. South Korea  has not beaten any pandemic, it has controlled its management. 

You need to get out of that bubble. You make a hell of a lot of assumptions without any facts assuming what you read on the internet passes as sufficient evidence. Either that or you make it up. 

Covid 19 is a virus. It hasn't been defeated. At best it can be managed. The only way it is "defeated" is with a vaccine or it mutates to a less lethal form. Necessarily it can only be managed and even then due its lack of consistent presentation with symptoms, often undetectable, it is spread to others who continue to pass it on. The only time it becomes known is if someone is sick enough to report it. Even then it may itself be coincidental with other preexisting medical conditions that cause death or complications, or it causes the body to clot blood in arteries and other veins which lead to complications including death.

Go read up. The only thing China has done is shut down the media to hide its numbers. You might also while you are at it research henta virus, even more deadly than Covid 19 and another Chinese originated virus that is far more lethal and whose rates has been repressed from disclosure in China. 

MOre of your dumb, uninformed fact-free opinions!  Health authorities found 6 covid cases in Wuhan, and are now testing up to 11 million people. If that doesn't count as beating the virus, then nothing does. And a lot of old, unhealthy farts who are right on the edge of hades already, are going to be tipped over in the quest for herd immunity or as it should be properly known 'survival of the fittest.' Capitalist law of the jungle brings back real law of the jungle.

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don’t have any more reason to trust Trudeau or our public health minister than I trust Putin. Do you? At least Putin hasn’t let terrorists or pandemics into our country intentionally. 

Trudeau, Tam and Hajdu are all openly supportive of the WHO. Alarm bells?

The only way that the world will ever recognize the WHO as a positive contributor to fighting this pandemic is if China conquers the globe and writes up history in whatever way they see fit. 

I don't trust Trudeau etc, but I'd trust them more than Putin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right To Left said:

Putin? Why not ask about how safe we are with the child clown running the empire to our south?

Trump is decidedly pro-USA, you can't say that Trudeau is pro-Canada. He has shown a lot of passion for SNC, Quebec, virtue-signalling and islam, that's it. He's hot and cold on women's issues, indigenous, etc.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:50 PM, WestCanMan said:

We're getting lied to six ways from Sunday about covid, and the fact that our government still blindly supports the WHO is just embarrassing.

If the WHO had a firefighting counterpart called the WFO they'd be telling us to store open gas cans in our homes and not to leave the house if there's a fire. 

That is the truth 

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump is decidedly pro-USA, you can't say that Trudeau is pro-Canada. He has shown a lot of passion for SNC, Quebec, virtue-signalling and islam, that's it. He's hot and cold on women's issues, indigenous, etc.

It's already been said, but how do you define 'pro-American' these days? 

I would say any American leader who tries to ease the US out of its role of imperial enforcer of global capitalism would be the patriot/not Trump, who I would argue exhibits no goals or desires that don't benefit him personally. 

I think there is a lot more consensus of opinion on Trudeau...whether we're talking supporters or rightwing enemies: he's mostly image, rather than substance. Only difference between right and left is how much of which. JT is afraid of not being liked. He should have been running for class president/not prime minister!

SNC Lavelin was a clear example of inside corruption that he could and should be prosecuted for, and he just can't do enough virtue signally to identity groups he wants to curry favour with, but like most of the commentariat on MLW I've noticed over the years, you pick out Muslims for special retribution for no reasons other than being here.

I never got around to the poll question back in March, and two months later it's a moot point anyway!  We should have copied China's and other Far East nations' methods of fighting the spread of Covid-19 by getting more resources in to closing down non-essential businesses and travel, screening, testing, tracking the spread and isolating those who test positive, but remain asymptomatic. South Korea briefly had an uncontrolled outbreak, but got it back under control again, while Vietnam acted early and immediately went in to lockdown mode, and maybe it was pure luck, but Vietnam has been the only country that did not record any covid-related deaths. If a few got through uncounted, as many butthurt libertarians here claim, it would still be far fewer fatalities than Canada, the US, Europe or any major industrialized nation in the world today.

I would have said banning air travel from China in January would have been a good idea, but on the other hand I noticed that it sure as hell didn't help the US of A manage the pandemic. And since the US has become the world's covid hotspot, maybe we should think about expanding the qualifications of what should be considered "essential travel" to and from the US now.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

Trump is pro-Trump. Everyone else can drop dead, as far as he's concerned. Literally.

If you judge him by his actions he is pro-USA, if you judge him by what they say on CNN he is pro-Trump. But we both know that CNN is pure shit. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If you judge him by his actions he is pro-USA, if you judge him by what they say on CNN he is pro-Trump. But we both know that CNN is pure shit. 

I think it's judging what he says that gives a lot of people most pause to consider.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

I think it's judging what he says that gives a lot of people most pause to consider.

It's misinterpreting what he says and judging him based on that misunderstanding that gives most pause to 'consider' (honestly the people in that crowd are too dumb to consider anything). 

Here's how Snopes, a "Fact Checker" (LMFAO), characterizes Trump's comments about "immigrants": https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/05/17/trump-draws-rebuke-animal-remark-immigration-talk/

Here's the normally-shitty WashPo showing the video of it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-compares-illegal-immigrants-to-animals/2018/05/16/3442ddf2-5948-11e8-9889-07bcc1327f4b_video.html

Fact of the matter is that Trump was calling MS-13 animals and anyone who can spell 'journalism' knew that. The Dems chose to attribute Trump's remark to all immigrants and not just to MS-13, who truly are animals, and the MSM just went along with it because they have the integrity of a serial-killing pedophile.

Honestly, anyone who's stupid enough to still be a Dem supporter, use Snopes as a fact checker, or watch CNN is completely worthless.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

It's misinterpreting what he says and judging him based on that misunderstanding that gives most pause to 'consider' (honestly the people in that crowd are too dumb to consider anything).

Is it fair to say you place yourself on par with Trump intellectually speaking?

On 5/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, Right To Left said:

MOre of your dumb, uninformed fact-free opinions!  Health authorities found 6 covid cases in Wuhan, and are now testing up to 11 million people. If that doesn't count as beating the virus, then nothing does. And a lot of old, unhealthy farts who are right on the edge of hades already, are going to be tipped over in the quest for herd immunity or as it should be properly known 'survival of the fittest.' Capitalist law of the jungle brings back real law of the jungle.

Your response is hilarious. You now argue you believe there are only 6 covid cases in China and the need to test 11 million is not relevant to your assumption covid 19 is defeated.

Then you make the assumption covid 19 only causes a medical threat to old people  so you can  ridicule old people based on an assumption that your age makes you immune to any negative consequences of covid 19.

You might also want to consider before you date anyonecyou get some advise on your premature conclusions.

At least pull up yer pants kid  before you get in the ring with me. I would have said put a cup on too but from what I now see, do not worry about that, it's no big deal.

Edited by Rue

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Is it fair to say you place yourself on par with Trump intellectually speaking?

It's fair to say that you didn't appreciate the main body of my post because you're not addressing it, instead you just asked an idiotic question.

How about this: Is it fair to say that you place yourself on par with Elizabeth May intellectually speaking?

Or this: Is it fair to say that you place yourself on par with an aphid intellectually speaking?

Your game is purely childish and inane. 

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump is a habitual liar. Continually contradicting himself. There is no misinterpretation or misunderstanding. Trump is out for himself, and himself only.

11 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Trump is a habitual liar. Continually contradicting himself. There is no misinterpretation or misunderstanding. Trump is out for himself, and himself only.

Dude you just ignored actual, undeniable evidence of serious lying of the lowest order in that post, and went on to post nothing more than your own worthless, unsubstantiated opinion lol.

Your post isn't just useless it's evidence of your willingness to be a "useful idiot".

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Let's see. Judge him by his actions, eh? Hmm. Well, he hired illegal immigrants to work for him multiple times. He outsourced manufacturing to China and Mexico for the stuff he was selling. He's shown no interest in protecting American elections from foreign interference. He's insulted America's allies and befriended their enemies. He's divided the country against itself. And he's currently in the process of trying to kill a lot of Americans by screwing up the virus response.

I'm struggling to remember what actions of his show he's pro-USA unless you mean humping the flag on stage.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Let's see. Judge him by his actions, eh? Hmm. Well, he hired illegal immigrants to work for him multiple times. He outsourced manufacturing to China and Mexico for the stuff he was selling. He's shown no interest in protecting American elections from foreign interference. He's insulted America's allies and befriended their enemies. He's divided the country against itself. And he's currently in the process of trying to kill a lot of Americans by screwing up the virus response.

I'm struggling to remember what actions of his show he's pro-USA unless you mean humping the flag on stage.

Well now that you put it that way, you obviously have no clue wtf you're talking about.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Still waiting for these pro-USA actions...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

As of September 2018

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think you misunderstood. I didn't ask for a brag list from the Republican party. And btw, almost all those economic accomplishments are gone now. You might say Trump had nothing to do with that but he had equally nothing to do with the accomplishments. Trump is not in daily meetings strategizing how to improve the economy. He's watching FOX and tweeting out insults to actresses while other people, like Pence, do the work. We already know he doesn't like to read briefing notes, let alone reports, and finds most of the subject matter in meetings boring unless it involves him. He's a fat dummy that wanders around the White House entertaining himself while people work.

But anyway, I asked for evidence he loved the USA. And you didn't present any.

52 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think you misunderstood. I didn't ask for a brag list from the Republican party. And btw, almost all those economic accomplishments are gone now. You might say Trump had nothing to do with that but he had equally nothing to do with the accomplishments. Trump is not in daily meetings strategizing how to improve the economy. He's watching FOX and tweeting out insults to actresses while other people, like Pence, do the work. We already know he doesn't like to read briefing notes, let alone reports, and finds most of the subject matter in meetings boring unless it involves him. He's a fat dummy that wanders around the White House entertaining himself while people work.

But anyway, I asked for evidence he loved the USA. And you didn't present any.

Blah, blah, blah.

You wouldn't admit that Obama's dog shit on your lawn if you stepped in it and then tasted it. If Trump mowed you lawn while you watched him you'd say that it was a continuation of Obama's rioting & looting economy.

Here's proof that you're just stupid:

DJ Av Dec 5 2014 17,958

DJ Avg Nov 1 2016 18,037

in the last 2 full years under Obama, the Dow Jones went up 39 points. That's pretty good considering that the US was experiencing widespread rioting, looting, arson and cop-killing.

In the next two years the DJA went up by 8,500 points. Maybe 8,539 points, who knows? The tens and ones aren't significant digits in a number that large. 

Blah, blah, blah.

You wouldn't admit that Obama's dog shit on your lawn if you stepped in it and then tasted it.

I don't get what it is about you fan boys that you presume that if someone doesn't like your idol that they must instead love his rival. You'll search long and hard to find anything I ever said that was good about Obama. Unless it's in comparison to the lack of tact, dignity and intelligence demonstrated by Trump.

Here's proof that you're just stupid:

DJ Av Dec 5 2014 17,958

DJ Avg Nov 1 2016 18,037

in the last 2 full years under Obama, the Dow Jones went up 39 points. That's pretty good considering that the US was experiencing widespread rioting, looting, arson and cop-killing.

I'm an investor. You can't throw DJIA numbers at me and think I'll be impressed. The Dow doesn't rise in a predictable pattern. It was at 9700 when Obama got elected. Why not use that? Because it doubled during his time in office and that doesn't sound bad like you want it to be?

And btw, how does that prove he loves the USA? Wasn't he the guy who was supposed to defend the people? The guy who was no friend of wall street? The guy who was going to stand up for middle America and not Wall Street?

Widespread rioting and looting? Oh hardly. Not much in the way of looting or arson either. As for police deaths. They were up a little, but not markedly so.