The Coronavirus

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

What exactly is the Hoax? Is this disease fake? Are the numbers fake? Are all the deaths fake? 

I already explained myself plenty of times to you as to where I stand on this China virus. But as I can see now you have a big problem with being able to comprehend anything being said to you or what is written here. Thanks to people like you, I was not able to get an haircut, and now I am being told that hand shakes should be banned. And you cannot still see the hoax and foolishness in all of this? It's no wonder Canada has been in big trouble for all these decades. You never were any help. :D

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I already explained myself plenty of times to you as to where I stand on this China virus. But as I can see now you have a big problem with being able to comprehend anything being said to you or what is written here. Thanks to people like you, I was not able to get an haircut, and now I am being told that hand shakes should be banned. And you cannot still see the hoax and foolishness in all of this? It's no wonder Canada has been in big trouble for all these decades. You never were any help. :D

Awww muffin can't get a haircut.

So you don't dispute that this disease is killing people at quite the clip. Especially in the US. 

You just don't think anything should have been done to help mitigate it. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boges said:

So you don't dispute that this disease is killing people at quite the clip. Especially in the US. 

Aw muff-muff to you to. :P

Tens of thousands of people die every year from some seasonal flu virus bug. Hello? Your China virus is not any different to any other flu virus bug that has been coming around for centuries now right on cue. But what I am disputing here is the numbers of what your dear comrade leaders and the media are reporting.

Aw phk the US. Why do people like you always want to bring Trump or the US into every conversation all the time? I bet that if we were talking about the weather there would be no doubt about it that you would somehow squeeze in Trump in the topic. Some people's childish children. Pathetic. 

NO. It should have been left alone, and let it do it's own thing like we have done with every other virus that comes along every year. We could have all just carried on with our normal lives. I could of had two haircuts by now. Chuckle. But thanks to the deep state globalists they found an opportunity to create a plandemic virus hoax crises and an excuse to create a huge problem for Trump and on his economy and his Presidency.

And sadly for Trump, I believe that Trump was forced to go along with this China hoax virus. But anyway, IMHO, I believe that you are not all that smart enough to try and figure out most things like that anyway. But I can be pretty sure that you have made those deep state globalists, and your dear comrade leaders and the media so very proud of you and the good trained seal that they made you into and have become. ;)

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Can you imagine the outcry   if  NOTHING had been done to mitigate it??    And the lawsuits   ..

7 hours ago, Pacifica77 said:

Can you imagine the outcry   if  NOTHING had been done to mitigate it??    And the lawsuits   ..

There's a whole thread about JT having let Canada down because he didn't do enough, fast enough.  Somehow, he's done too much and not enough at the same time.  :wacko:

35 minutes ago, dialamah said:

There's a whole thread about JT having let Canada down because he didn't do enough, fast enough.  Somehow, he's done too much and not enough at the same time.  :wacko:

He had all of us self isolate, while allowing plane loads of people from China and migrants cross our border without hesitation.  He allowed Walmart, Home Depot and Superstore etc. to stay open, while he shut down mom and pop small businesses.  Not to mention giving away money and PPE when Canadians needed that stuff.  WTF don't you understand?

11 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Even though I have taken the coronavirus-crisis with 4/5 seriousness and still continue to do so but I just can't help thinking what if all those people are right who said from the beginning and have said all along that this coronavirus-hysteria is bullshit. The biggest scam in a long time if ever.

So exactly who are the scammers?  Do people really believe this was all organized and planned out in advance?  Do they not realize how insane that sounds?

I could understand if hysteria could be created in one country like Canada or Finland but if this coronavirus is a scam how can you create a situation where the whole world is paralysed with fear?

Well, maybe the world was just so tightly wound up and on the verge of a breakdown that it only took a little push. Like the proverbial butterfly's wing beat that spawns a hurricane. Who knows why hundreds of whales take a sudden notion to strand themselves on a beach?  Sometimes shit just happens.

22 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

He had all of us self isolate, while allowing plane loads of people from China and migrants cross our border without hesitation.  He allowed Walmart, Home Depot and Superstore etc. to stay open, while he shut down mom and pop small businesses.  Not to mention giving away money and PPE when Canadians needed that stuff.  WTF don't you understand?

What I don't understand is why any politician should get a break given virtually every one of them cocked something up along the way. There were no dry runs for this but there's sure been no end of retrospective expectations. That said the 2nd wave should be even more interesting given what we've learned or not learned along the way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What I don't understand is why any politician should get a break given virtually every one of them cocked something up along the way. There were no dry runs for this but there's sure been no end of retrospective expectations. That said the 2nd wave should be even more interesting given what we've learned or not learned along the way.

Bull!  It was obvious where the virus came from.  It was obvious right from the beginning that the virus wasn't as bad as predicted.  It was obvious who the victims were going to be.  I hate this retrospective "well, who could've seen that coming" when many of us did.  You always know the truth of a situation by how it's being sold.  Second wave!  Bull!  When it wasn't as bad as expected, they bumped the numbers, when it was found that many people had it and never knew it, we were told that it could strike again, now it's the second wave we should fear.  Mark my words, there will be no second wave...but that wont stop the fearmongering.  BTW - how long will we be on high alert waiting for the second wave - a month, 6 months, a year...whatever gives Trudeau enough time to take everything from us?  Wake the fuck up Canada. 

Coronavirus food shortage in New York.

NYC to deliver a million meals a day to combat coronavirus food shortage, de Blasio says

"We're dealing with an unprecedented crisis," de Blasio said Thursday morning during his daily press briefing, according to NPR. “Before the coronavirus, we thought somewhere around a million people were food insecure and needed food. Now we think that number is 2 million or more.

That means roughly one in four New Yorkers face food insecurity."

Let the hoarding begin, people.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Coronavirus food shortage in New York.

NYC to deliver a million meals a day to combat coronavirus food shortage, de Blasio says

"We're dealing with an unprecedented crisis," de Blasio said Thursday morning during his daily press briefing, according to NPR. “Before the coronavirus, we thought somewhere around a million people were food insecure and needed food. Now we think that number is 2 million or more.

That means roughly one in four New Yorkers face food insecurity."

Let the hoarding begin, people.

:( @ this preview of Toronto in the upcoming weeks

8 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Bull!  It was obvious where the virus came from.  It was obvious right from the beginning that the virus wasn't as bad as predicted.  It was obvious who the victims were going to be.  I hate this retrospective "well, who could've seen that coming" when many of us did.  You always know the truth of a situation by how it's being sold.  Second wave!  Bull! When it wasn't as bad as expected, they bumped the numbers, when it was found that many people had it and never knew it, we were told that it could strike again, now it's the second wave we should fear.  Mark my words, there will be no second wave...but that wont stop the fearmongering.  BTW - how long will we be on high alert waiting for the second wave - a month, 6 months, a year...whatever gives Trudeau enough time to take everything from us?  Wake the fuck up Canada. 

There could even be a 3rd wave. The 2nd wave of the Spanish flu killed more people than the 1st and the 3rd waves combined.

https://fullfact.org/online/spanish-flu-second-wave-quarantine/

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

The second wave was going to happen regardless. I started hearing about it just before Canada went into this lockdown in February.

Just open up the economy as much as possible without overwhelming the health care system and keep it that way, before there are no jobs and we are overburdened with debt and cuts to all of the supports we’ve tapped these past two months.  This could go on for years. The situation will likely be no different in September or January.   

Edited by Zeitgeist

11 hours ago, dialamah said:

That thread is about reality. This nonsense is about people with low IQs who worship Donald Trump.

President Donald Trump on Friday declared places of worship “essential places that provide essential services” after ordering the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to issue new guidance to facilitate their reopening. 

He claimed he could overrule governors who might balk at allowing potentially large religious gatherings, though legal experts have said a president lacks such authority.

reference:https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-guidelines-places-worship-include-face-coverings-avoiding-shared-n1213106?cid=eml_nbn_20200522

The  autocrat has spoken.   Abuse of power... continues in his attitude. He is appealing to the   various religious groups now............  It is  reelection time........ and the  religious   groups  carry a lot of weight in US politics. Of course his worshipers   believe  that he can do as he wishes.......whether it  falls withing  the democratic principles  or not.   Trump has changed America.  The   virus has changed the world.  Strange to watch how he is treated like some kind of deity.  No  mask....no problem.......... inject  disinfectant.  Sure....if he says it is ok....then  it has t o be  in their minds.   In  a time of crisis   the world has no  leader.......... and each nation is doing the best that they can   while collaborating  with   others  that are    more cooperative.    This virus has exposed  the  ugly truth    o  so many levels.     

1 hour ago, Pacifica77 said:

The  autocrat has spoken.   Abuse of power... continues in his attitude. He is appealing to the   various religious groups now............  It is  reelection time........ and the  religious   groups  carry a lot of weight in US politics. Of course his worshipers   believe  that he can do as he wishes.......whether it  falls withing  the democratic principles  or not.   Trump has changed America. 

Trump hasn't changed anything....America is the same as it ever was.   His power comes from the U.S. constitution and federal law.    Funny how many Canadians readily accept Trudeau's "abuse" of power....like sheep.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump hasn't changed anything....America is the same as it ever was.   His power comes from the U.S. constitution and federal law.    Funny how many Canadians readily accept Trudeau's "abuse" of power....like sheep.

We’ve had pushback too and the provinces are opening up.  Let’s hope it goes right.  

Isn't there some definition regarding when an epidemic is considered to be over? Something about x number of consecutive days without any new reported cases. That x number of days wasn't a short time either.

18 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Isn't there some definition regarding when an epidemic is considered to be over? Something about x number of consecutive days without any new reported cases. That x number of days wasn't a short time either.

The end is zero cases. Not happening anywhere.  So instead it’s about gradual spread, immunity, and protection of the vulnerable.  Hopefully an effective treatment or vaccine comes soon, but we’re looking at many months at minimum before that happens, if it does.  

18 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

He had all of us self isolate,

I haven't "self-isolated", nor have most other Canadians.  Some few who'd been exposed to the virus or returning from out of country were instructed to self-isolate.

while allowing plane loads of people from China and migrants cross our border without hesitation

Both federal and provincial governments instructed people to "self-isolate" when coming into the country.  Some people chose not to, which is hardly JT's fault.  (Our cases came from the States, btw, not China.)  As for migrants, do you expect JT to stand at the border and mow them down?  Migrants happen, often regardless of what government wants or does.  Claiming he "lets them in without hesitation" displays your complete lack of understanding of the world and people.

He allowed Walmart, Home Depot and Superstore etc. to stay open, while he shut down mom and pop small businesses.

These were Provincial directives, not Federal ones.  

Not to mention giving away money and PPE when Canadians needed that stuff

They sent stuff that was expiring; we wouldn't have been able to use it anyway because it would have been trashed.  

34 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I haven't "self-isolated", nor have most other Canadians.  Some few who'd been exposed to the virus or returning from out of country were instructed to self-isolate.

Both federal and provincial governments instructed people to "self-isolate" when coming into the country.  Some people chose not to, which is hardly JT's fault.  (Our cases came from the States, btw, not China.)  As for migrants, do you expect JT to stand at the border and mow them down?  Migrants happen, often regardless of what government wants or does.  Claiming he "lets them in without hesitation" displays your complete lack of understanding of the world and people.

These were Provincial directives, not Federal ones.  

They sent stuff that was expiring; we wouldn't have been able to use it anyway because it would have been trashed.  

^^^That is all complete crap.

• Haha 1