The Coronavirus

Guest ProudConservative
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

False equivalency. It's not as weird because America is vastly superior to China, while China is run by Genocidal Communists and America is easily one of the best countries in the world to anyone who doesn't have America Derangement Syndrome.

You're too black and white... The real world doesn't work that way. Trump doesn't play 3d Chess. Sometimes he's good, and sometimes he's a complete fool. If you were open and honest, you would criticize him sometimes, but he seems like you have nothing bad to say about them.

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

When we have dummies around here pretending that China is greatest thing since sliced bread, and America is the Great Satan, it's not irrelevant at all.

Who does that?

31 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I admit my own partisanship, those with Derangement Syndrome are incapable of seeing their own biases, that's the difference. They pretend their hatred is based on being unbiased, and refuse to admit their own biases.

I respect your views. I disagree too with some. Its why I debate you or Argus...et al...respect. 

4 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

You're too black and white... The real world doesn't work that way. Trump doesn't play 3d Chess. Sometimes he's good, and sometimes he's a complete fool. If you were open and honest, you would criticize him sometimes, but he seems like you have nothing bad to say about them.

I criticize him all the time, and when I do, my criticisms are infinitely better than his haters on this forum, because I'm not so blinded by hatred that I have to reach at straws to attack him. I never once pretended Trump was perfect, like the Haters would like to believe so they can dismiss my opinion out of hand.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

eyeball

If you say so. But the fawning adulation of the US by certain people here - like you - has been ongoing for some time and not inspired by Eyeball.

Guest ProudConservative

I has a tone of bias against Justin Trudeau, I think we all do on this Forum.... Lately I have to give him a tone of credit.... He might not be making the best choices, but he's putting a lot of effort into helping Canadians during this Pandemic.

I would even go as far as saying Justin is doing a better Job than Trump. It looks like it's spinning out of Control in the US.

Edited by ProudConservative

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

I has a tone of bias against Justin Trudeau, I think we all do on this Forum.... Lately I have to give him a tone of credit.... He might not be making the best choices, but he's putting a lot of effort into helping Canadians during this Pandemic.

Is he? Or is he just sitting at home watching Netflix? I mean, with the US at least we have an official schedule which shows that Trump basically does nothing most of the day. We have no idea what Trudeau is up to in his self-isolation. Maybe he's making phone calls, but who knows. And I seriously doubt any of the financial ideas to support the economy or any of the medical ideas to fight the virus originate with him or his 'team'. Someone pointed out recently that his emergency team of cabinet ministers to address the virus has no one with any scientific or medical background on it. His Science minister is an accountant and his health minister has a degree in Public Administration. Then there's Trudeau, the drama teacher. Not exactly awe inspiring. No, whatever is being done is being done by the bureaucrats.

Guest ProudConservative

This is what makes me extremely Angry. He're a bunch of yahoo's hanging out in Vancouver. They're not going to work, there not supporting the economy. All they are doing is putting Canadian lives at risk. There is no reason for them to be hanging around together. These people are the scum of the earth in my opinion. I don't know what it is with Millenials. You have to have a huge sense of entitlement, to treat this pandemic like a joke.

17.thumb.jpg.0e198cf0eff06a5dfb402fb2c66341c6.jpg

Guest ProudConservative
5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Young people are always stupid. And Vancouverites are particularly stupid. Just look who they elect to represent them.

I see it all the time in Muskoka.... A bunch of racing around in boats at 1AM, drunk out of their mind. The locals are actually courteous... But when you get bored kids from Toronto, they do whatever they want, and don't think about their neighbor.

30 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I criticize him all the time, and when I do, my criticisms are infinitely better than his haters on this forum, because I'm not so blinded by hatred that I have to reach at straws to attack him. I never once pretended Trump was perfect, like the Haters would like to believe so they can dismiss my opinion out of hand.

I do that dismissal shit with 2 people on this forum. I am in no position to lecture you on it...yer virus opinion is one I strongly support. Trump, Trudeau, ah we all have our reactions to them. Not sure I trust anyone anymore. After Nixon, any lingering innocence I had for politicians ended for good.

Edited by Rue

Guest ProudConservative

When this market bottoms out, it's going to be a slow and painful recovery... Thanks fantastic news if you're a day trader... Just look for stocks that take a long-time to rebound, buy and sell every day, and you're never be a bag holder.

The strategy will be to use the volatility to gain exponential growth between 2021 to 2024. Buy the daily dips, and sell the daily highs.... Every single day for at least 3 years. I expect some stocks to collapse by 95%. You can even go in with leverage, as it will be a safe bet... That the elites, will do everything they can to pump the market.

Exciting times ahead.

I was too much of a dumb ass, not to invest in 2009. I won't make that mistake again. This will be the deal of a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Rue said:

That is not however the way a virus actually evolves to a point of medical inconsequentiality. To evolve and mutate to a point where it is not lethal it has to encounter immunities not isolated from them.  So the isolation is not in the long run helpful. Itbonly delays the inevitable transmission and continued medical reactions until those mutations can evolve from transmission.

Mutations happen spontaneously.  Successful mutations are the ones that thrive unabated.  It’s a bad strategy to try to get to weaker strains of the virus through greater spread, as there may also be stronger mutations that emerge that are more resistant to treatment, spread faster, and kill more people.  The basic science is to stop the spread.  No spread means existing strains of the virus run their course.  

Of course if we had a situation where once you have it you are always able to spread it, that would be horrific.  My understanding is that it doesn’t seem to be the case that current strains remain contagious after the recovery from symptoms.  Now, we still don’t know whether someone who gets the virus and recovers can be reinfected.  Nor do we know if someone who has had the virus is more susceptible to getting it again or might have periodic flare-ups, like Herpes coldsores.   That would be terrible if someone who has had symptoms and recovered could become symptomatic again, especially if it becomes contagious again.  That would be unusual of such viruses.  We are still learning about the virus.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Justin Trudeau is getting extremely pissed off with Canadians not getting the message.

What did he say?

"4 long days ago I took the extraordinary measure of shutting down travel from the epicentre of the coronavirus, and yet still..." 

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Mutations happen spontaneously.  Successful mutations are the ones that thrive unabated.  It’s a bad strategy to try to get to weaker strains of the virus through greater spread, as there may also be stronger mutations that emerge that are more resistant to treatment, spread faster, and kill more people.  The basic science is to stop the spread.  No spread means existing strains of the virus run their course.  

Of course if we had a situation where once you have it you are always able to spread it, that would be horrific.  My understanding is that it doesn’t seem to be the case that current strains remain contagious after the recovery from symptoms.  Now, we still don’t know whether someone who gets the virus and recovers can be reinfected.  Nor do we know if someone who has had the virus is more susceptible to getting it again or might have periodic flare-ups, like Herpes coldsores.   That would be terrible if someone who has had symptoms and recovered could become symptomatic again, especially if it becomes contagious again.  That would be unusual of such viruses.  We are still learning about the virus.  

Yes and no to your comments. Stopping spread does not mean it ends the virus unless the reason for stopping it is because of an immunity wall not a physical distance wall...which is why you need exposure through a vaccine if you do not allow it to naturally transmit. Stopping a virus by isolation is like damming water but the water continues to build up. You have to release the water or it bursts out from accumulated pressure. I disagree with the type and amount of isolation not its purpose. I get your points though.

By the way the worse a virus is the less likely it spreads, the less serious it is, the faster it spreads, so its mutating like sars did  while it did make it harder to treat also made it easier to stop since it became very hard to spread.  Either way we die.

That is what happens with viruses.

I think we are trying to resist inevitable rules of natural evolution of diseases through transmission just as we ignore and have grown out of touch with many other concepts of nature. We are obsessed  with trying to prevent natural movement or progression of life processes instead of learning to let them travel through us not around us.

Our approach to medicine is often one of trying to postpone transmission  rather than let it pass through us because we think we can send basic rules of nature.

I contend we do this based on our fear of death and wanting to postpone death rather than accept it.

Pathologists and immunologists as well as oncologists have a different approach to viruses but they all know you can not hold back any virus it will go where it's destined to go until it finds its natural course of mutated resolution no different than you and I live, evolve, then die.

Edited by Rue

35 minutes ago, Rue said:

Yes and no to your comments. Stopping spread does not mean it ends the virus unless the reason for stopping it is because of an immunity wall not a physical distance wall...which is why you need exposure through a vaccine if you do not allow it to naturally transmit. Stopping a virus by isolation is like damming water but the water continues to build up. You have to release the water or it bursts out from accumulated pressure. I disagree with the type and amount of isolation not its purpose. I get your points though.

By the way the worse a virus is the less likely it spreads, the less serious it is, the faster it spreads, so its mutating like sars did  while it did make it harder to treat also made it easier to stop since it became very hard to spread.  Either way we die.

That is what happens with viruses.

I think we are trying to resist inevitable rules of natural evolution of diseases through transmission just as we ignore and have grown out of touch with many other concepts of nature. We are obsessed  with trying to prevent natural movement or progression of life processes instead of learning to let them travel through us not around us.

Our approach to medicine is often one of trying to postpone transmission  rather than let it pass through us because we think we can send basic rules of nature.

I contend we do this based on our fear of death and wanting to postpone death rather than accept it.

Pathologists and immunologists as well as oncologists have a different approach to viruses but they all know you can not hold back any virus it will go where it's destined to go until it finds its natural course of mutated resolution no different than you and I live, evolve, then die.

The reason for this postponement is because for years governments have invested in nuclear arms forgoing investment in medical research and NHS. That fear is deeply rooted in the knowledge that even the best NHS system cannot cope with the vast spread of the virus across the whole population inevitably resulting in higher mortality rate. Especially, where limited testing is still being carried out in many countries. That’s why there are the strict measures on social distancing...

Edited by kactus

10 hours ago, Argus said:

If you say so. But the fawning adulation of the US by certain people here - like you - has been ongoing for some time and not inspired by Eyeball.

Then again Argus one has to say our own country has not been the source of any big WHO RAHS lately either, besides  the grass is always greener on the other side...

The Canadian economy is in big trouble. Because of this virus, the S&P 500 and DOW (the US market) has dropped down to what it was valued back in 2017.  However, the TSX dropped so much it's now valued what it was back in 2010.  10 years of growth completely wiped out. Investors on the fence about the Canadian economy have completely abandoned it and will go elsewhere once global markets start to recover.  We're effed.