Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

13 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Banning travel, have massive screening at airports, ramp up testing and quarantines.  This should have been done months ago.  Screening at Pearson is non-existent.

I think we're moving down that path. 

I would suggest only Darwin challenged individuals are planning travel for the next 3 months. 

People are advised to self quarantine if they've travelled in the last two weeks, but how does that get enforced? 

Unless the government is going to suspend all bills for the next 8 weeks, people still need to make a living. 

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Back on Jan 31 Trump banned foreign nationals who had been to China within the past 14 days from entering the US.

All that Trudeau has done is bunker down with his blankie.

Meanwhile, the leftist hyperbole machine in the US is cranked to maximum, blasting Trump 24/7 for everything he has said and done since the first time we ever heard the word "coronavirus". Even in Canada our leftists have already been programmed to bark about Trump like Manchurian Candidates as soon as they hear the word covid.

So what is our media saying about Trudeau's inactivity? His failure to do anything at all? What are our leftists saying about Trudeau's complete inactivity?

Nothing at all.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse/government-canada-takes-action-covid-19.html

You can read it for yourself, or you can read my summary below:

"We're not actually doing anything but "observing" people coming in from coronavirus hotspots". 

Sorry but we all know that people are contagious with covid before they get measurable symptoms. 

Canada is doing nothing at all and yet the dumbest of Canadians are complaining about Trump's handling of the virus lol. 

There isn't even any screening on borders!   The questionaire - have you been to China, Iran and Italy - is totally outdated!  Trudeau is going on "sleep-walk cruise," when decisive speed is definitely needed!

Lol.  The way they increased the level of "recommending people don't go abroad just a day before March break to a sudden COME HOME NOW! is laughable.  They should've issued against any foreign travel weeks ago (when Europe started exhibiting alarming rates)!

Their dire screeching,  "come home NOW before you get trapped in other countries."  had only produced a severely crowded airport of people from all over the world!!            AT THE WORST TIME WHEN IT'S NOW A PANDEMIC - AND, TO BE IN THE WORST PLACE TO BE IN!

It's a classic clusterf**k! 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think we're moving down that path. 

I would suggest only Darwin challenged individuals are planning travel for the next 3 months. 

People are advised to self quarantine if they've travelled in the last two weeks, but how does that get enforced? 

Unless the government is going to suspend all bills for the next 8 weeks, people still need to make a living. 

It's too late.  The virus is already here and widespread in just about every province.  Things should have been done months ago.

10 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

The OP is that they are not doing enough

To be honest, I personally feel like the world is overreacting to this, but I also get the fact that once one governing body calls this a shitstorm of death, anyone who counters that claim leaves themselves wide-open to liability for every single death attributable to covid that would have been unlikely with a normal flu.

I'm mostly talking about how liberals in the States & Canada are freaking on Trump for "not doing enough", while none of those hypocrites are talking about the fact that Trudeau has done almost nothing by comparison. 

First they said that Trump was wrong to block travellers who had been to China in the last 14 days, then most of Europe, then the rest of Europe, then later they say that he didn't do enough. 

Trudeau still just has a wide-open border policy everywhere, so obviously he never faced the backlash for blocking people out, but now there are Canadians acting like Trump is the one who's not doing enough while our PM is just bunkered down doing nothing at all. 

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

To be honest, I personally feel like the world is overreacting to this, but I also get the fact that once one governing body calls this a shitstorm of death, anyone who counters that claim leaves themselves wide-open to liability for every single death attributable to covid that would have been unlikely with a normal flu.

As I say, this is wartime conditions, just like a war, the government is not in control, the virus and associated panic are a de facto enemy, it's like the outbreak of war and right now they are reeling in the face of a blitzkrieg.

Bear in mind, I'm not calling for civilians to stand down their partisanship, but those of us who served in the Royal Canadian Regiment are held to a higher standard

Wartime conditions in effect, no partisan loyalty but to the Commander-in-Chief, stand to, stand to, Pro Patria.

When the war is over, we can do the after action reviews, but this is contact, it's not the time to be sowing dissent in the ranks.

The government is weak, but that simply means that if they are driven to make decisions based on politics, this could turn into a rout.

The markets were already poised for a massive correction, an oil price shock has piled on top, with a pandemic flaring out of control.

This could incite a depression if the panic continues to spread at this pace.

Do you believe in the Vimy Myth ?  Time to warm all that up, right now.

Ducimus

38c013a09e6f7b60be90cf303a85496d_XL.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

56 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As I say, this is wartime conditions, just like a war, the government is not in control, the virus and associated panic are a de facto enemy, it's like the outbreak of war and right now they are reeling in the face of a blitzkrieg.

I agree. I think the scarier thing in all of this is that the Chinese government is revealing itself as the dangerous, power-hungry beast that it really is.

For starters, I don't think this disease came from bats at a market, and the only reason on earth why even a single person believes that to be true is because the Chinese government said. I think that there's a better chance that the virus outbreak came directly from the stock they had at the BSL4 lab in Wuhan, and even if it was by mistake the government there would never admit to that. 

Also, the Chinese government is now threatening, via their state-run news agency, to hoard key pharmaceuticals for battling Covid 19 (China also makes about 80% of the world's supply of antibiotics). https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drugs

In an article in Xinhua, the state-run media agency that's largely considered the mouthpiece of the party, Beijing bragged about its handling of COVID-19, a virus that originated in the city of Wuhan and has spread quickly around the world, killing nearly 5,000 people and infecting thousands more. The article also claimed that China could impose pharmaceutical export controls which would plunge America into "the mighty sea of coronavirus."

CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ON FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: CLOSURES, TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND MORE

The disturbing threats made during a global pandemic as well as the scary consequences if that threat becomes real highlight just how tight China's grip is on the global supply chain. Already, the Food and Drug Administration has announced the first drug shortage related to the coronavirus. Though it did not disclose which drug was in short supply, the FDA did say it could not access enough raw components needed because they are made in China.

China's military and cyber-capability build up over the past decade put America's upgrades to shame. They're ruthless enough to throw a million muslims into re-education camps and leave their own excess babies in high-mortality infirmaries. They are scary AF for our future generations to deal with. 

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I agree. I think the scarier thing in all of this is that the Chinese government is revealing itself as the dangerous, power-hungry beast that it really is.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Rally, rally, rally to the colours, Pipe-Major, sound the Regimental March.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

One man, one kit, I simply tend to my share of the work, if the whistle blows, I'll go over the top, as my grandfather and great grandfather before me.

Nowadays, poor dears are asked to brutally sacrifice themselves by hoarding toilet paper and watching Netflix for days on end.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nowadays, poor dears are asked to brutally sacrifice themselves by hoarding toilet paper and watching Netflix for days on end.

When the people are sheepish, that's when you need American Sheepdogs. Well Regulated Militia, out of many; an army of one.