ALL PUBLIC ONTARIO SCHOOLS TO CLOSE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER MARCH BREAK

Ontario is closing all public schools for two weeks following March break amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Premier Doug Ford announced Thursday.

It came as the province announced 17 new confirmed cases - its biggest surge to date - bringing the total to 59.

The decision to close schools from March 14 to April 5 is based on advice from Ontario's chief medical officer of health, Ford said in a joint statement with Health Minister Christine Elliott and Education Minister Stephen Lecce.

31 minutes ago, Hussain said:

LOL, but imagine the cost of operating a soft ware that huge 

I wonder how much it would cost to basically just give everyone a couple paid months off so everyone can self-isolate until the storm passes? Just tell the central banks to print a big pile of money send everyone a cheque.

How hard would it be?

16 minutes ago, Hussain said:

LOL, but imagine the cost of operating a soft ware that huge 

I am starting to think that this is all not for real. I think that this is some kind of a globalist manufactured crisis for some unknown reason at this time. Some say it is the globalists that are trying to take down Trump by trying to destroy the economy of America by having the virus upset the markets and try to blame it on Trump for the downfall in the markets. That is just the latest rumors going around on the internet right now.

Over 700, 000 people die every year from some flu virus all around the world every year, and yet there has never been any such panic about a flu virus at all like this one is causing in the past. today.  This so called pandemic appears to be reported a little too much by the MSM. And of course, one has to be beware of the media as it is well known that it is the lying mouth piece for the globalists and our politicians. The panic over toilet paper is the result of the media and the 24 hour news stories that they constantly repeat over and over every day about this virus. By reporting so much about how people have been stocking up on toilet paper is getting everyone into the act to do the same thing also. Most people are nothing more than a bunch of foolish lemmings. Now I am being forced to go buy some toilet paper just in case I won't be able to buy any tomorrow.  People are their own worse stupid enemy. :unsure:

Just now, eyeball said:

I wonder how much it would cost to basically just give everyone a couple paid months off so everyone can self-isolate until the storm passes? Just tell the central banks to print a big pile of money send everyone a cheque.

How hard would it be?

It would be much less costly than economic consequences of a serious epidemic. The problem is that politicians don't do or courageous enough to do what is right otherwise at the end f January we would have closed the borders/airports and we would not have a single infection now and likely sad prospects of tens of thousands of deaths in future.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

How hard would it be?

By "everyone", do you include all the people selling you food and providing the manufacturing and distribution of it, as well as the people who provide all the other services you will require in the next three months? 

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

By "everyone", do you include all the people selling you food and providing the manufacturing and distribution of it, as well as the people who provide all the other services you will require in the next three months? 

And the people I provide these too as well.  I mean everyone who is going to be left in the lurch or should foreclosure be viewed like it was some sort of buying opportunity? 

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

And the people I provide these too as well.  I mean everyone who is going to be left in the lurch or should foreclosure be viewed like it was some sort of buying opportunity? 

Seems like you've thought this through.

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

How hard would it be?

The Boogy man will not go away if you hide in your home. Its not how viruses work or spread. Try start with educating yourself on what a virus is, how they are all around you and they don't just magically go away because you stay at home.

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Oh he sure has. He's gonna hide under his bed until it blows over.

Can some of you get a handle on your anxiety. So you are afraid of a virus. You can't see it, smell it, hear it, control it. Its the invisible boogy man so if you stock up on toilet paper and noodles and sodium glutamate, msg and salt and hide in your home, presto the bogyman will passover. Why don't you also smeer a lamb's blood on your front door while you are at it so your first born won't die. Where do y'all want to go with these threads anyways?

The public schools are closed for two weeks for now. Its because many children are not supervised at home washing their hands, may travel during the break. and when they return they could spread any kind of virus including this one. Its a pre-caution. It doesn't mean you run it like some panic headline and piss your pants. It means we take common sense measures.

This is not the first outbreak of a virus. What is the matter with some of you? Are you really that sheltered? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s a smart move, basically soft quarantining all students for 14 days following March Break, especially given all the March Break travel. 

Exactly...so to run it as oh we need to panic thread is horseshit.

13 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It would be much less costly than economic consequences of a serious epidemic. The problem is that politicians don't do or courageous enough to do what is right otherwise at the end f January we would have closed the borders/airports and we would not have a single infection now and likely sad prospects of tens of thousands of deaths in future.

You don't stop a virus by closing a port. Please give it some thought.

14 hours ago, taxme said:

I am starting to think that this is all not for real. I think that this is some kind of a globalist manufactured crisis for some unknown reason at this time. Some say it is the globalists that are trying to take down Trump by trying to destroy the economy of America by having the virus upset the markets and try to blame it on Trump for the downfall in the markets. That is just the latest rumors going around on the internet right now.

Over 700, 000 people die every year from some flu virus all around the world every year, and yet there has never been any such panic about a flu virus at all like this one is causing in the past. today.  This so called pandemic appears to be reported a little too much by the MSM. And of course, one has to be beware of the media as it is well known that it is the lying mouth piece for the globalists and our politicians. The panic over toilet paper is the result of the media and the 24 hour news stories that they constantly repeat over and over every day about this virus. By reporting so much about how people have been stocking up on toilet paper is getting everyone into the act to do the same thing also. Most people are nothing more than a bunch of foolish lemmings. Now I am being forced to go buy some toilet paper just in case I won't be able to buy any tomorrow.  People are their own worse stupid enemy. :unsure:

There you go a perfect example  of using one's intelligence, being rational, using common sense. 

Excuse me if I vomit buckets of annoyance.

14 hours ago, scribblet said:

Should close them now...   E learning doesn't seem like a bad idea right now does it.

That makes no sense. Whether email works or not as an education tool is not predicated on forcing people to use it but on its inherent qualities if it has them. If you think locking children at home in isolation in front of a tv screen is a good idea can I suggest it may not be and leave it at that. We already are bringing up a generation of brain dead, anti-social misfits.

Just now, Rue said:

You don't stop a virus by closing a port. Please give it some thought.

Why not? All corovirus related case till March in Canada were travel related. Overwhelming majority of those in March as well were/are travel related. I don't understand why? It is like home isolation nobody else would catch it but this is countrywise isolation and nobody in that country will catch it if borders closed. The virus doesn't travel like a bird does but it travels within a patient's body by airplanes and enters through airports.

Nobody has immunity to this particular strain because it's new. That's what makes it different from other flus. When no one has immunity, there is a risk that an overwhelming number of people get it all at once, crippling our health care and service distribution networks. Prudently limiting people's exposure over time will flatten the curve and allow us to function as it passes. We don't need to shut down the schools forever---just long enough to limit exposure in the short term. 

Now go wash your hands.

• Like 1

The reason they're doing this is because families will refuse to cancel March Break travels. 

So instead of trying to enforce a 2 week quarantine for families that left the country, they're making everyone do a 2-week quarantine. 

I don't know why anyone would travel outside of Canada right now. Virus fears or not, there's a real chance that Canada will close its borders to air travel if this gets much worse. Then you're stranded in a third world country for the much longer than you planned. 

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

What's there to think about?

4 hours ago, Rue said:

The Boogy man will not go away if you hide in your home. Its not how viruses work or spread. Try start with educating yourself on what a virus is, how they are all around you and they don't just magically go away because you stay at home.

I'm quite aware of what's happening Rue.

In any case it appears I'm the only employee who's been called into work today and cancellations are mounting. So I'm just curious how many people will fall off the cliff before or if anyone does anything to contain the spread of that contagion.  That particular Boogyman don't care about no steenkin' virus so pay up or else.  Is that how it works?

4 hours ago, Rue said:

This is not the first outbreak of a virus. What is the matter with some of you? Are you really that sheltered? 

Is that what people should ask when the economic boogyman comes Rue?  You don't think there's a boogyman like that out there that's worth thinking about?  Must be nice to be so sheltered.

7 hours ago, Rue said:

There you go a perfect example  of using one's intelligence, being rational, using common sense. 

Excuse me if I vomit buckets of annoyance.

Go ahead, vomit all you want too. Try to not get any of your vomit on anyone please. They do not need or want to get this virus that may come from the spray of your vomit. I suggest you stay at home. Good advice, eh?  Sorry, but I will not allow myself to get all upset and go bonkers over some killer virus that is out there that is supposed to kill me. It's just another flu, a flu that comes around every year and kills approx. 700,000 people every year which never has locked down North America in the past. The hype being created by the media with their 24 hours of every day and every minute of non stop reporting seems a bit much for me. There has to be more than what we are being told. Question more. 

Question more as Larry King always says on his show. So that is what I am doing. Asking questions! Something most non-thinking people will never do. Those people will always rely on the media which we should all know by now can make a mountain out of a mole hill. Hey, I can admit that if I am wrong here I will do so, but now it is up to you to prove to me that I am really being irrational here and now and not using any common sense here? Come on, eh? Practically shutting down hundreds of major events in North America over some flu virus that we are told will kill us all if we all do not confine ourselves in our homes seems a bit ridiculous. But hey, panic all you want, opponent! 

9 hours ago, taxme said:

Go ahead, vomit all you want too. Try to not get any of your vomit on anyone please. They do not need or want to get this virus that may come from the spray of your vomit. I suggest you stay at home. Good advice, eh?  Sorry, but I will not allow myself to get all upset and go bonkers over some killer virus that is out there that is supposed to kill me. It's just another flu, a flu that comes around every year and kills approx. 700,000 people every year which never has locked down North America in the past. The hype being created by the media with their 24 hours of every day and every minute of non stop reporting seems a bit much for me. There has to be more than what we are being told. Question more. 

Question more as Larry King always says on his show. So that is what I am doing. Asking questions! Something most non-thinking people will never do. Those people will always rely on the media which we should all know by now can make a mountain out of a mole hill. Hey, I can admit that if I am wrong here I will do so, but now it is up to you to prove to me that I am really being irrational here and now and not using any common sense here? Come on, eh? Practically shutting down hundreds of major events in North America over some flu virus that we are told will kill us all if we all do not confine ourselves in our homes seems a bit ridiculous. But hey, panic all you want, opponent! 

Everything will work out once we see a flattening of numbers.  Then slowly some events will come back, a vaccine will be developed.  Perhaps many people get it and people die.  This has happened before, just not for a while.  The world is more crowded so the effects are amplified, but most infected people will recover.  We’ll get back to it with more wisdom and care.  It all comes back to Pasteur. This is old hat bacterial science.  We know how to handle it.  Not to worry.  

On 3/12/2020 at 5:48 PM, eyeball said:

How hard would it be?

The problem with your hide until the boogy man goes away is that its not how viruses work. The virus doesn't disappear because you stay home.