Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

but its not "fake news" that the governor of Georgia is opening and Trump strongly disagrees, is it? whats the issue with R's being on message then? that was the point. no fake news. its documented.

Yes, and he disagrees because the guidelines that Trump released on Monday aren't being followed.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Politics is not exactly a high priority right now, no matter what Trump or the Trump haters say.

Well he is on TV 2 hours every night. So it's hard to avoid him. 

I think the concern is less about the supply chain and that people just don't want to stay at home anymore. 

As many have callously said, "It's just old people dying". 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Politics is not exactly a high priority right now, no matter what Trump or the Trump haters say.

politics is not a priority for Trump? i don't think thats possible. he's still firing anyone in government who doesn't latch on to his idiotic comments and defend them like they were the word of god.

2 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

We should all endorse Trump's idea of injecting bleach into our bodies. I mean he has not been wrong before!!  I just hope he takes the lead and shows us how wrong his medical team is.

Clorox should come in chewables , like Tide Pods.

94702496_10222113849384657_1690946001872

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shady said:

Yes, and he disagrees because the guidelines that Trump released on Monday aren't being followed.

and my point was that mixed messaging from Trump is probably at the root of these riffs. and its important to people like Kemp as they suddenly look bad. either they weren't listening. or not communicating. or probably the real story... Trump told them he supported them and then when it didn't look good, changed his mind and threw them under the bus. everyone knows how he works. its gotta be a nightmare of Rs.

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well he is on TV 2 hours every night. So it's hard to avoid him. 

I think the concern is less about the supply chain and that people just don't want to stay at home anymore. 

As many have callously said, "It's just old people dying". 

It is easy to avoid Trump if you don't watch so much American cable news.    Most local stations are doing their regular programming now except for governor briefings.

People were told that the main issue was overwhelming the health care system, which hasn't happened except for burnt out workers and layoffs from hospitals because of the cancellation of elective procedures.

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

Liberate Minnesota!!!!

Already in progress....the governor is a Democrat.

An estimated 80,000 to 100,000 em­ploy­ees could re­turn to work Mon­day un­der a plan by Gov. Tim Walz to dial back the state’s stay-at-home order, which was imposed to reduce or delay the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.startribune.com/restrictions-could-be-lifted-on-up-to-100-000-minnesota-workers-by-monday/569895852/?refresh=true

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is easy to avoid Trump if you don't watch so much American cable news.    Most local stations are doing their regular programming now except for governor briefings.

I didn't watch Trump yesterday until I saw his UV, Lysol comment on social media. Now I'm hooked again. I'll concede this all might be by design. Now he'll fight with reporters today saying he didn't say what there's ample video evidence of him saying. 

People were told that the main issue was overwhelming the health care system, which hasn't happened except for burnt out workers and layoffs from hospitals because of the cancellation of elective procedures.

It hasn't, but it might have happened hadn't we done Social Distancing. New York could have happened, and still could, other places. 

4 minutes ago, godzilla said:

and my point was that mixed messaging from Trump is probably at the root of these riffs. and its important to people like Kemp as they suddenly look bad. either they weren't listening. or not communicating. or probably the real story... Trump told them he supported them and then when it didn't look good, changed his mind and threw them under the bus. everyone knows how he works. its gotta be a nightmare of Rs.

It was a nightmare for "Rs" back in 2016 too...so what ?    Trump destroyed the "R" candidates, won the nomination, and was elected president.

Pretty good for a vindictive blowhard !

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It was a nightmare for "Rs" back in 2016 too...so what ?    Trump destroyed the "R" candidates, won the nomination, and was elected president.

Pretty good for a vindictive blowhard !

2018? ^_^

we'll see... i'm suggesting that his saying idiotic things just about everyday that even stupid people know not to say has impact. but maybe not! hahaa!

Edited by godzilla

Just now, Boges said:

I didn't watch Trump yesterday until I saw his UV, Lysol comment on social media. Now I'm hooked again. I'll concede this all might be by design. Now he'll fight with reporters today saying he didn't say what there's ample video evidence of him saying.

It is less by design and more by instinct.   Trump has even got Canadians tuning in from another country !   He is not going to change the methods or tactics that dominate media bandwidth.    Joe Biden is still in his basement trying to figure out how Twitter works.

It hasn't, but it might have happened hadn't we done Social Distancing. New York could have happened, and still could, other places. 

Not good enough any more....people stayed home for the most part and are right to question unnecessary quarantine of the general public.    The epidemiologists cannot substitute lockdowns for their hit and miss understanding of what is going on locally and regionally.    New York was hit hard for a variety of reasons, but New York is not the entire nation.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is less by design and more by instinct.   Trump has even got Canadians tuning in from another country !   He is not going to change the methods or tactics that dominate media bandwidth.    Joe Biden is still in his basement trying to figure out how Twitter works.

With all that exposure, gives people more ammunition like this. Supporters won't care. But if you gave him a shot in 2016 because you didn't like Hillary, hearing he believes you can cure a virus by injecting Lysol has to give one pause. 

Not good enough any more....people stayed home for the most part and are right to question unnecessary quarantine of the general public.    The epidemiologists cannot substitute lockdowns for their hit and miss understanding of what is going on locally and regionally.    New York was hit hard for a variety of reasons, but New York is not the entire nation.

I'm questioning it too. We need to start hearing exit plans. That being said, New York, Spain and Italy were harbingers. It's intellectually dishonest to say what happened there wouldn't have been typical had such drastic measures not been taken. 

People are now playing the result as evidence this all was a waste of time. 

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

completely valid.

and its interesting that predominantly health officials are in charge. but i imagine the scariest of outcomes are not what any politician in the world wants to face. so they go along. as current measures increasingly prove effective, then leadership will want to re-introduce normality with a close eye on those curves.

at least, that would be the smart move i'd suggest.

more measures such as testing and monitoring infrastructure need to be in place for this even to have a chance though!

Edited by godzilla

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

With all that exposure, gives people more ammunition like this. Supporters won't care. But if you gave him a shot in 2016 because you didn't like Hillary, hearing he believes you can cure a virus by injecting Lysol has to give one pause.

I didn't vote for Trump, but better him than Hillary Clinton.  Many other Americans agreed.   

This is hardly the most outrageous thing that Trump has ever said, and won't be the last.   Trump knows how to bait intense media attention...even in Canada.

I have said this before....President Trump will win or lose doing things his way, the only way he knows, and that is all any president can expect.   Truman and LBJ were so depressed by the prospect, they didn't even run for another term.

I'm questioning it too. We need to start hearing exit plans. That being said, New York, Spain and Italy were harbingers. It's intellectually dishonest to say what happened there wouldn't have been typical had such drastic measures not been taken. 

People are now playing the result as evidence this all was a waste of time. 

Some of it was a waste of time.    Doing it for the next six months is an even bigger waste of time.

Hell, some people would never go to NYC even before COVID19.

6 minutes ago, godzilla said:

more measures such as testing and monitoring infrastructure need to be in place for this even to have a chance though!

True, but it is not practical to scale up all the needed phases of testing on a continuous basis in the United States or Canada right away, if ever.   It is a huge challenge and self-imposed impediment to loosening restrictions.   

The remedy should not be worse than the disease.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True, but it is not practical to scale up all the needed phases of testing on a continuous basis in the United States or Canada right away, if ever.   It is a huge challenge and self-imposed impediment to loosening restrictions.   

The remedy should not be worse than the disease.

Exactly.  Not everybody needs to be tested.

2 hours ago, Shady said:

I fell for that fake news too, until I read the actual quote.  Nothing about bleach or Lysol, or Clorox, or Tide.  It's complete fake news.

He 'insists' it was sarcasm.

Sure he did not say any brand name specifically. But he did ask the doctor about injecting disinfectant into the body. Dr Brix looked quite stunned. That ain't no fake news!

Just now, New World Disorder said:

He 'insists' it was sarcasm.

Sure he did not say any brand name specifically. But he did ask the doctor about injecting disinfectant into the body. Dr Brix looked quite stunned. That ain't no fake news!

Not all disinfectants are toxic chemicals.  There are natural disinfectants.  Alcohol, vinegar, lemon juice.  I'm not sure how Lysol got singled out.  It's fake news.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shady said:

Not all disinfectants are toxic chemicals.  There are natural disinfectants.  Alcohol, vinegar, lemon juice.  I'm not sure how Lysol got singled out.  It's fake news.

What would be the first thing that comes to your mind when someone says the word, disinfectant?  Lemon juice?