Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

55 minutes ago, Shady said:

Bullshit, any city with substantial population has 4, 5, 6, hour wait times, and that’s before the pandemic.  I went to the ER in London in December, waited 4 hours.  Nobody there was waiting 4 hours because they had the sniffles.  Only complete out of touch assholes think that way.  You live in a fantasy land of make believe.

I brought my kid into the hospital in Langley BC with a broken big toe when he was about 2 years old. We got in there at 5:30, we got an x-ray at 8:00 but didn't get into an examining room until 12:30, and we left the hospital after 1:30 am without seeing a Dr. 

I have never gone to a ER and not waited at least 3 hrs. I waited well over 4 hrs to get stitches on my mouth in New Westminster after taking a hockey stick.

I really doubt there's an ER in the Surrey/Langley area with an average wait time of less than 3 hrs.  

During covid there's a lower wait time than normal because 1) people aren't out getting injured and 2) people are too scared to go to the hospital right now for things that they shouldn't be going to the hospital for anyways. I have a friend who has been an ambulance attendant since about 2005, he said he's having by far his least busy days ever during covid.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, taxme said:

You have no idea as to how many people have died from this seasonal flu virus. You are only going by what your dear comrade leaders and the lying media are telling people like you have died from this scary flu bug. When you can come back with proof that more people have died from this scary flu bug and has killed more people than SARS did, then I may believe you. So go out there, and do your homework. It's a big task for you to have to do but I know that you can do it. Go! 

Deaths are nothing new when it comes to any virus. There are hundreds of thousands of people that die from some seasonal flu virus bug every year. Again, I will ask you as to why are the deaths from this virus more important to talk about than the deaths of people who will die from cancer or heart disease every year all over the world?

I think that I have a good idea why? It is because of the fake and lying media who is trying to make this virus out to be the plague that is going to kill us all if we do not practice social engineering and are being forced to not being allowed to our freedom of assembly. anymore as we once were able to do before this hoax came along. 

Can our politicians be allowed to continue to override and violate our Charter of Rights as they are doing today where our rights to the freedom of assembly are now being denied? We even have an MP who wants to make it a law that we cannot say anything critical about this China virus. Wth? Another law on the books? Why don't all of our dear comrade leaders just say that Canadians have no rights at all anymore. At least that way we will then know where our rights stand. Maybe then most thinking Canadians will see the communism in all of this happening.

As usual, here comes Trump into the picture again. When are leftist liberals like you ever going to give Trump a break. You lefty people can never get enough of trying to mock and attack Trump when your own dear leader comrades have done worse than Trump could ever do. Obamarama had 12,000 deaths on his watch. Maybe there would have been less deaths if he had given more interest in trying to destroy that H1N1 virus. 

It started at 40,000,000 deaths and now it is down to 60,000. Nowhere near 100,000. But we will never really know the real facts of how many people have died from this scary flu virus because the media and our politicians will no doubt try to inflate those numbers to try and keep getting people all into a state of panic and fear and control. That way our politicians can now use their bully tactics to make us all have to bend the knee to the power and glory that has now been bestowed on them. Get on your knees and bow your heads in front of your kings and queens you bunch of useless waste of breath people. Ha-ha-ha!   

Well, I will believe those facts if it has been found that all those facts of the amount of deaths from the China virus are all for real. Just remember that every year approx. 700,000 people die from some seasonal flu bug virus. So, those numbers have seen on Worldometer have a long way to go to catch up to the 700,000 numbers. I will never believe what CNN or the CBC has to say. They have been shown many times that they are not above telling lies or making up stories. FOX NEWS will point that out to you anytime, and FOX will not try to appear as though they are not being partisan. Believe it or not!.  

A joke going around, and it goes like this: "Trudeau says that we do not need American farmers for our food. We have grocery stores". :D  Yup, our dear comrade leader sure shows that he is a dandy all right. Lol.  

Wow so much wrong in such a long post. 12,000 deaths on a virus that was from the same strain of the flu is way worse than 50,000-100,000 deaths from a virus that's different from the flu, so above and beyond flu deaths. 

If you're not going to provide your own citation but at the same time scoff at citations others give, that's debating in bad faith.

The fact you think I'm a lefty, is hilarious. It shows you only see the world as Black and White, or Right and Wrong or Us vs Them. That's a shitty way to look at the world. 

For the people who say that Trump should have started social distancing and shut down the economy back in mid-February, when there were hardly any people in America with confirmed cases of Covid (there were 13 on Feb 15th), here's Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24th, showing Americans what her version of social distancing looks like.

She made a big show of going around hugging people in SF's Chinatown, even though she's the Speaker of the House, and her guy is the Chair of the House Intel Committee, and is privy to all the same intelligence that Trump is. (At around the same time they were saying that Chinese restaurants in and around Vcr were down to about 10% of their normal business, and it was implied that racism was to blame. My guess is that if business was down by 90% then almost all of the Chinese-Canadians had stopped going there too but hey, speaking out against fake virtue-signallers is intensely evil so I'll just keep my dastardly white-male-privilege-opinion to myself on this topic. You never saw it here.)

Business in Chinatown was already slumping at that time, as Americans were naturally becoming fearful of Covid from stories on the news, so Nancy tried to turn that trend back around and get folks back out there practicing the exact opposite of social distancing. 

In Nancy's defence, there were still only 15 Americans known to have Covid on that day. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

According to Reuters, the US started ramping down the economy in the 2nd week of March. There was 1 death in the US from Covid as of March 1st, and on March 10th there were only 937 Americans with confirmed cases of Covid. 

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS/USA/qmypmkmwpra/ 

The first week of March was the last normal workweek for most parts of the country.

So less than 2 weeks after Nancy made a big show of how Americans should be walking around on crowded streets, hugging people, the economy was already grinding to a halt.

Big bad Trump.

Side note: Why didn't NYC have more ventilators? https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491651-new-york-city-auctioned-off-extra-ventilators-due-to-cost-of-maintenance

Honestly - CNN really sucks. WashPo sucks. NYT sucks. MSNBC sucks. Those people are not out there trying to find the truth and accurately convey it to the American people. That much is for absolute certain. People who get "news" from those channels/rags [Dem propagandists] need to re-think just how many years of their lives they want to spend getting sucked in during their brief time on earth. It has been over 3 years of non-stop BS since Trump got elected, and people have been pushing CNN's invective that whole time here. They've been caught lying over and over about major stories, they even got successfully sued by a teen-ager for defamation of character. If this isn't an all-time low for media in America then I'm completely disheartened and ready to give up on "news" entirely.

Edited by WestCanMan
Bolded some awesome text, for effect.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

For the people who say that Trump should have started social distancing and shut down the economy back in mid-February, when there were hardly any people in America with confirmed cases of Covid (there were 13 on Feb 15th), here's Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24th, showing Americans what her version of social distancing looks like.

She made a big show of going around hugging people in SF's Chinatown, even though she's the Speaker of the House, and her guy is the Chair of the House Intel Committee, and is privy to all the same intelligence that Trump is. (At around the same time they were saying that Chinese restaurants in and around Vcr were down to about 10% of their normal business, and it was implied that racism was to blame. My guess is that if business was down by 90% then almost all of the Chinese-Canadians had stopped going there too but hey, speaking out against fake virtue-signallers is intensely evil so I'll just keep my dastardly white-male-privilege-opinion to myself on this topic. You never saw it here.)

Business in Chinatown was already slumping at that time, as Americans were naturally becoming fearful of Covid from stories on the news, so Nancy tried to turn that trend back around and get folks back out there practicing the exact opposite of social distancing. 

In Nancy's defence, there were still only 15 Americans known to have Covid on that day. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

According to Reuters, the US started ramping down the economy in the 2nd week of March. There was 1 death in the US from Covid as of March 1st, and on March 10th there were only 937 Americans with confirmed cases of Covid. 

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS/USA/qmypmkmwpra/ 

So less than 2 weeks after Nancy made a big show of how Americans should be walking around on crowded streets, hugging people, the economy was already grinding to a halt.

Big bad Trump.

Side note: Why didn't NYC have more ventilators? https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491651-new-york-city-auctioned-off-extra-ventilators-due-to-cost-of-maintenance

Honestly - CNN really sucks. WashPo sucks. NYT sucks. MSNBC sucks. Those people are not out there trying to find the truth and accurately convey it to the American people. That much is for absolute certain. People who get "news" from those channels/rags [Dem propagandists] need to re-think just how many years of their lives they want to spend getting sucked in during their brief time on earth. It has been over 3 years of non-stop BS since Trump got elected, and people have been pushing CNN's invective that whole time here. They've been caught lying over and over about major stories, they even got successfully sued by a teen-ager for defamation of character. If this isn't an all-time low for media in America then I'm completely disheartened and ready to give up on "news" entirely.

Exactly.  It wasn't until March that countries like Italy put in shutdowns, but these revisionist historians think Trump should've shutdown things in February, like there was any evidence that the virus was going to be as bad as it was.  Apparently all this evidence existed, but only Trump was the one that was suppose to figure it out and shut things down.  Trudeau, Italy, Spain, etc couldn't figure out the same evidence and act earlier.  Only Trump.  

I think it's pretty safe to say no one took this seriously until Italy became a shit show.  And the night the NBA shut down, that was the first domino to fall here in North America. 

But Trump's downplaying of this virus are on public record. He called the alarm people were raising about it a Democratic Hoax. And we've come to find out that he had warnings as early as January. 

Before Trump fans freak out. NO! he didn't call the virus a hoax, but he did call any critiques of his actions in the early days as a Hoax. 

From Snopes https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

What's True
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself.

So when you have a POTUS mocking anyone who was trying to ring the alarm bells, that should be used against him now that this has become the crisis it has in the US. 

On 3/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Really ?   And what has "his own words" done in the past ?

...won a U.S. presidential election...that's what.

I applaud Trump for handling those reporters. Using Trumps own words against him was deplorable. Dangerous.

But he pushed back, because when he was pressed on the data for February, he simply outright cancelled the month all together.  That's how you lead a nation!

Edited by New World Disorder

the Trump tax cut allowed the richest to pocket $1.5T. with the pandemic state and local governments are suffering and McConnell says they should just go bankrupt. of course, government lenders will be a panic. this is how "no government" ideology collides with economic collapse... just helping that collapse along.

McConnell pushes 'bankruptcy route' as local governments struggle

the good news, one of those freaks realized that not helping out the mortgage industry was, yes... not going to help.

Housing regulator bows to pressure to aid struggling mortgage companies

but as pointed out, all those "small government" R's are having difficulty realizing that their belief systems are in trouble.

Edited by godzilla

2 minutes ago, godzilla said:

the good news, one of those freaks realized that not helping out the mortgage industry was, yes... not going to help.

Housing regulator bows to pressure to aid struggling mortgage companies

Banks in Canada are offering up to 6 months in Mortgage deferrals. But the home owner is still on the hook for the interest. 

i find the whole thing really interesting. Trump is obviously on a tightrope. he appears to believe very strongly that unless he can get the economy moving that his re-election is in jeopardy.

but even though he can have any "expert" in the world, he can't find one to support his "back to work, everything is cool" sales pitch. in his usual way he first finger points at some perceived enemy. he is pointing at governors who are shy to open the economy. liberate! and yet, he could waive his hand and change federal guidelines eliminating any epidemic measures. but he doesn't. so he is trying to have it both ways at the moment.

this could really sink him and just because of his leadership on response. if the feds worked with states to nail this down whatever to takes now, then it might be over till fall. but this walking both games just delays and causes it to go on and on due to thousands still coming down with the virus.

the D's already see an opportunity with seniors and since seniors are most vulnerable to the virus then they are going to be looking at the fed response very closely.

Biden sees opening over Trump with older voters

47 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i find the whole thing really interesting. Trump is obviously on a tightrope. he appears to believe very strongly that unless he can get the economy moving that his re-election is in jeopardy.

And you know that's his motivation, how?

but even though he can have any "expert" in the world, he can't find one to support his "back to work, everything is cool" sales pitch. in his usual way he first finger points at some perceived enemy. he is pointing at governors who are shy to open the economy. liberate! and yet, he could waive his hand and change federal guidelines eliminating any epidemic measures. but he doesn't. so he is trying to have it both ways at the moment.

this could really sink him and just because of his leadership on response. if the feds worked with states to nail this down whatever to takes now, then it might be over till fall. but this walking both games just delays and causes it to go on and on due to thousands still coming down with the virus.

the D's already see an opportunity with seniors and since seniors are most vulnerable to the virus then they are going to be looking at the fed response very closely.

Trump is positive because that's what it takes to be a leader. Would you rather he was pissing and moaning?

52 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Trump's base remains loyal so far, free to push back on the shutdowns and wanting to get back to work.

Joe Biden has not consolidated such a large/loyal base yet, and it remains to be seen if the Bernie Bros will play ball.  The Democrats want America to suffer badly well into the fall and election season to better their chances for the presidency and Senate.

Any U.S. president is at risk for re-election if the economy is doing poorly....Donald Trump is just another U.S. president.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump's base remains loyal so far, free to push back on the shutdowns and wanting to get back to work.

Joe Biden has not consolidated such a large/loyal base yet, and it remains to be seen if the Bernie Bros will play ball.  The Democrats want America to suffer badly well into the fall and election season to better their chances for the presidency and Senate.

Any U.S. president is at risk for re-election if the economy is doing poorly....Donald Trump is just another U.S. president.

History of Trump with China.

History of Joe & Hunter Biden with China.

Election over.

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I brought my kid into the hospital in Langley BC with a broken big toe when he was about 2 years old. We got in there at 5:30, we got an x-ray at 8:00 but didn't get into an examining room until 12:30, and we left the hospital after 1:30 am without seeing a Dr. 

I have never gone to a ER and not waited at least 3 hrs. I waited well over 4 hrs to get stitches on my mouth in New Westminster after taking a hockey stick.

I really doubt there's an ER in the Surrey/Langley area with an average wait time of less than 3 hrs.  

During covid there's a lower wait time than normal because 1) people aren't out getting injured and 2) people are too scared to go to the hospital right now for things that they shouldn't be going to the hospital for anyways. I have a friend who has been an ambulance attendant since about 2005, he said he's having by far his least busy days ever during covid.

But no one seems to want to address and blame all of this massive immigration going on into Canada today that may be causing all of those lineups and waits in the hospitals and medical centers. And now Emperor Trudeau has plans to bring in another one million more new immigrants into Canada in the next three years which could make lineups and waits even longer to be able to see a doctor.  When I go to some of those medical centers to get an xray or a blood test done almost the majority of the people in that waiting room are non-white.

Maybe it is time to look at how much immigration into Canada is causing most of these problems of lineups and waits instead of trying to find other excuses for these long lineups to be able to see a doctor or get blood work done. Immigration will have to become a discussion in this country very soon. But as long as we have politicians and their media keep showing that they could not give a chit about lineups, then these lineups will continue on and will only get worse.

To try and get this thru most Canadians heads is truly an exercise in futility. Many Canadians appear to not even give a crap about how many new immigrants are coming to Canada. Some think that this is just dandy. Pack them in tight with the rest of us. Deplorable indeed. :unsure:

2 hours ago, godzilla said:

This is what the demonrat party will be trying to do in the next election. They will try to demonize Trump over this flu bug virus, and try and blame all the deaths on Trump. Every day we see on leftist liberal media news channel TV stations attacks on Trump 24/7.  The demonrats could not bring Trump down on Russia-Russia-Russia, or were able to impeach Trump on anything, so they will use this China virus to try and bring him down with. The demonrats want to destroy the great economy that Trump had going for himself to try and end his presidency.  One can only hope that Trump will keep the senate and get back the house. Then finally put the last nail in the demonrats coffin.  

It's strange as to how many governors of states that are in demonrats hands, and are the ones imposing merciless fines on people who will not practice social engineering by staying at home. Or who could also go to jail for defying some dyktator governors demands that Americans in their states must stay at home or do not practice social engineering. But whatever happens I do not think that this will do harm for Trump in the next election. Some say that he will be doing even better come the election. 

I am pretty sure that most people that are dying in the world every day are the older ones. So, just because we see many old people dying in hospitals or old folks homes that does not mean that they are all dying from this seasonal flu bug, although the media wants to paint that picture for all of us to see and be believed. As most reporters always say in the media? Never allow facts to get in the way of a good story, whether that story is fact or fiction.  This China virus story is just another story to them to hype up and try to get dimwits out there to go into a state of panic and fear and believe their stories. They know that most people will never look into anything that the media tells them. They will just take it all in as fact. Most Canadians have become well trained seals for them to play and have fun with. Arf-arf. 

Our politicians and the media know already that this virus pandemic is all just plain bull shit, and they all know that there are plenty of dimwits out there who will believe their fake story about this virus if it is told to them over and over again.  And because of those many dimwit trained seals out there, I have pretty much lost my freedom of assembly.     Trudeau says that we do not need American farmers for our food, we have grocery stores in Canada. :lol:

10 hours ago, Boges said:

Wow so much wrong in such a long post. 12,000 deaths on a virus that was from the same strain of the flu is way worse than 50,000-100,000 deaths from a virus that's different from the flu, so above and beyond flu deaths. 

If you're not going to provide your own citation but at the same time scoff at citations others give, that's debating in bad faith.

The fact you think I'm a lefty, is hilarious. It shows you only see the world as Black and White, or Right and Wrong or Us vs Them. That's a shitty way to look at the world. 

You nor me will never actually know as to how many people have died or are dying from this China virus right now. We only have to go by what others tell us are supposed to be the real facts. Unless you can say that you have done your homework yourself and have gone out there and checked with every hospital in your city and the hospitals in other nearby cities to get the actual  body count deaths then how the hell would you know what the real facts are and as to how many have really died from this China virus. 

So far, my take on all of this is that this has been one big hoax being played on we the people once again. As I said already, millions of people are dying every day all over the world from something but why is everybody trying to make this one appear as though a plague has it us and hundreds of thousands could die. So, tens of thousands of people have or will die from this so called China virus but who cares. As long as you or me or thee out there lives to see another day, that is what it is all about. I am not going to lose sleep over this joke of a hoax,  if you want to put yourself into a state of panic and fear, well go for it. See if I care. There are millions of Canadians doing there thing every day, and they do not appear to be in any kind of fear or in a state of panic from catching this flu bug. The media and politicians need people like you to try and scare the shit out of you. That way they get to bully us all around and pretty much try to force us to stay at home and practice some social engineering.  But hey, what more can be said. ;)

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wants America to suffer badly so he can declare a war with China.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Admit it, that's a pretty ridiculous statement.  Trump is ignorant but he doesn't go around bombing people like other POTUS's have.

Yes I agree it was poorly worded but Trump's ability to turn lemons into lemonade for his base's consumption is unparallelled. If going laissez faire on firing up the economy backfires he'll need a better scapegoat and excuse than oops and I think he could easily get away with picking a fight with China's navy or take out some of their 'real estate' in the Spratly Islands.  I doubt he'd want to bomb China's mainland though he might of take out some buddy's factory or something.

He's not hoping for it but he'll be ready nonetheless.

Edited by eyeball

15 hours ago, Boges said:

I think it's pretty safe to say no one took this seriously until Italy became a shit show.  And the night the NBA shut down, that was the first domino to fall here in North America. 

But Trump's downplaying of this virus are on public record. He called the alarm people were raising about it a Democratic Hoax. And we've come to find out that he had warnings as early as January. 

Before Trump fans freak out. NO! he didn't call the virus a hoax, but he did call any critiques of his actions in the early days as a Hoax. 

From Snopes https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

So when you have a POTUS mocking anyone who was trying to ring the alarm bells, that should be used against him now that this has become the crisis it has in the US. 

The people who are bashing Trump today are the exact same people who were too slow to follow his lead all along. 
Pelosi acts like Trump waa too slow in dealing with the virus, at the end of February she was making a public show of going around and hugging people. Less than two weeks after that day, the US was already shutting down. And that was when they were less than 20 deaths in the entire United States and less than 1000 people had coronavirus.

The really ugly bimbo from the squad was beaking off about Trump today, she’s the same one who held a public demonstration two weeks after the country already started to shut down, and she was out linking arms with other idiots who were more concerned about the right to kill babies then they were about COVID-19.

When Trump shut down travel from China Joe Biden called it xenophobic and fear mongering, a week ago Joe Biden said that he supported Trump’s travel ban.

You know that you were onto something good when people, with the benefit of hindsight, like to say that they were on board.