Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

One would hope the world will come out of this with new crimes against humanity that leaders can be charged with.  Trump and Jinping should both be shackled and frog-marched together everywhere they go from now on.

So pathetic that you're still acting like Trump did a worse job of managing the fight against Covid than Trudeau did. 

It makes at least some sense for Americans to say something stupid like this, because how useless Trudeau was really isn't of any significance to Americans.

For a Canadian to say that Trump was one of the worst world leaders during covid is like an Italian saying that Australia didn't do enough to stop the Nazis.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

So pathetic that you're still acting like Trump did a worse job of managing the fight against Covid than Trudeau did. 

It makes at least some sense for Americans to say something stupid like this, because how useless Trudeau was really isn't of any significance to Americans.

For a Canadian to say that Trump was one of the worst world leaders during covid is like an Italian saying that Australia didn't do enough to stop the Nazis.

Not only that, this deranged member is carrying water for China.

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

One would hope the world will come out of this with new crimes against humanity that leaders can be charged with.  Trump and Jinping should both be shackled and frog-marched together everywhere they go from now on.

What did officials in the WHO know? Hopefully nothing, or they're criminals.

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

About what, that Trump was given real time information?  Sure, but the information was fake.  That’s the whole point.  China lied.  Stop carrying water for them.  It’s patheuc.

Yes, that Trump was given real time information.

You're suggesting it was the Americans embedded at the WHO that lied to Trump?

Cite please,  and news not opinion.

9 minutes ago, Shady said:

The only damnable murderous lie was from China and the WHO

Lies delivered by Americans if that's the case.

As Trump surely knows, and as I have learned from people with knowledge of the situation who spoke to me on the condition of confidentiality, 15 officials from his administration were embedded with the WHO in Geneva, working full time, hand-in-glove with the organization on the virus from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31. At least six other U.S. officials at WHO headquarters dedicated most of their time to the virus, and two others worked remotely with the WHO on covid-19 full time. In the weeks that followed, they and other U.S. government scientists engaged in all major deliberations and decisions at the WHO on the novel coronavirus, had access to all information, and contributed significantly to the world body’s conclusions and recommendations.

Everything that the WHO knew, the Trump administration knew — in real time.

Edited by eyeball

22 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, but it should be a crime for this...

Still not a crime in any way.    Even the WHO's biggest supporters have admitted that their is much wrong with it.

...and it sucked long before Trump.

Trump is not responsible for WHO's failures.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What did officials in the WHO know? Hopefully nothing, or they're criminals.

Everything that could be known.  I mean, this doesn't take China off the hook for with-holding what it knew and I doubt China would have told the WHO it wasn't telling it about its attempt to cover things up.  But it sure puts the lie to Trump's claims that the WHO is responsible for anything.  Besides Jinping Trump is the only other criminal here.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Still not a crime in any way.    Even the WHO's biggest supporters have admitted that their is much wrong with it.

...and it sucked long before Trump.

Didn't think it would take more than a page or two for the whataboutery to pop up. I suppose you'll be going on about fish management in unceded waters by the time we get to the next page.  WCM will probably have filled it up with conspiracy salad by then. 

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Didn't think it would take more than a page or two for the whataboutery to pop up. I suppose you'll be going on about fish management in unceded waters by the time we get to the next page.  WCM will probably have filled it up with conspiracy salad by then. 

I don't know why you insist on kissing the WHO's ass, but that is the least of Trump's concerns.    Screw them.

If Trump knew, then everyone else knew too, so why single out Trump ?

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't know why you insist on kissing the WHO's ass, but that is the least of Trump's concerns.    Screw them.

Why are you shooting the messenger here? I simply did what forum members are expected to do, post newsworthy stories that relate to the thread.

If Trump knew, then everyone else knew too, so why single out Trump ?

Hey it's your government and country so you tell me. I'm just a spectator.       

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why are you shooting the messenger here? I simply did what forum members are expected to do, post newsworthy stories that relate to the thread.

Hey it's your government and country so you tell me. I'm just a spectator.       

You posted that it is some kind of "crime".      What crime ?

Trump and America don't owe the WHO bozos a damn thing.   

The WHO hadn't stopped the pandemic from coming! It came!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

You posted that it is some kind of "crime".      What crime ?

I didn't say it IS some kind of crime I said it should be.

Trump and America don't owe the WHO bozos a damn thing.

It's America that Trump owes.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The WHO hadn't stopped the pandemic from coming! It came!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

That's right, Trump just spread it farther than anyone else is all.  And not just somehow or other but in ways and for reasons that are becoming increasingly clear.  Hindsight is such a bitch. 

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Right, so what's the big deal about the WHO....

The embedded Americans at the WHO that are blowing the whistle on Trump's smear campaign. Americans from Trump's administration, 15 people apparently.

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

That's right, Trump just spread it farther than anyone else is all.  And not just somehow or other but in ways and for reasons that are becoming increasingly clear.  Hindsight is such a bitch. 

Trump didn't spread anything, and did not have the WHO's global mission, which it failed.

Still no crime here...you have no case.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The embedded Americans at the WHO that are blowing the whistle on Trump's smear campaign. Americans from Trump's administration, 15 people apparently.

Let 'em blow...it is a free country.      The WHO should be smeared for its own incompetence and waste of donated dollars.

Trump is hardly the only person "smearing" the WHO.

57 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes, that Trump was given real time information.

You're suggesting it was the Americans embedded at the WHO that lied to Trump?

Cite please,  and news not opinion.

No, it was the WHO that provided bad information.  Information provided to it by China.  Here’s just one example.  Stop carrying water for China.  It’s disgusting.

B94DEA9C-DB1A-4285-A1AC-B63C03DC2A56.jpeg

37 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So what does that make the Washington Post?

Much of the mainstream media has been carrying water for China.  Taking for granted that what China is telling them is the truth.  Finally some are seeing the light.

59 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Lies delivered by Americans if that's the case.

I don’t know where you’re getting that, but no, the Chinese government is the only authority that had access to the real virus data and details.  Nobody else was allowed to do any investigation and research.  Stop carrying water for China.  Its disgusting.

• Like 1