Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

34 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s bizarre not to seem to notice that New York State has more cases than any country outside the US.  WTF!   It’s like other parts of the US didn’t get the memo.  

The population of BC rides the NYC subway every day. 

NYC Health Commissioner, Feb 7th: "Go about your day, go to restaurants, ride the subway..." 

Trump had already set the tone for how serious this was, but it's not a dictatorship. He can't tell other members of the gov't to shut up. 

7 minutes ago, godzilla said:

image.thumb.png.0543526c2d95094be609e42741838bf1.png 

LMAO gz. There's an astronomical difference between Jan 24 and Feb 7th, just like there's an astronomical distance between Jan 31st and March 13th. 

-Jan 24th The first American case of covid was only confirmed 4 days earlier. Most Dems hadn't even taken notice of coronavirus - all that they were talking about was the Dem Primary and Impeachment v6.0. Just 1 day earlier there were less than 900 confirmed cases of covid on the planet and China had just announced that they were starting quarantines in Wuhan. No one knew how much of an ass-hat the Director-General of the WHO was yet, and he had just praised China 2 days earlier:

Tedros: “I was very impressed by the detail and depth of China’s presentation. I also appreciate the cooperation of China’s Minister of Health, who I have spoken with directly during the last few days and weeks. His leadership and the intervention of President Xi and Premier Li have been invaluable, and all the measures they have taken to respond to the outbreak.”

-Jan 31 Trump bans travellers from China. 12,000 confirmed cases of covid on the planet. WHO declares Global Health Emergency.

-Feb 7th 11 confirmed cases in the US. 35,000 cases of covid confirmed worldwide (35x as many as just two weeks earlier). NYC Health Commissioner says unequivocally: "ride the subway, eat in restaurants". 2 months later NYC Health Commissioner: "Dig a mass grave." 

image.thumb.png.523131f6cc4bbe6db0d9933e5a6d8800.pngimage.thumb.png.17ff49d04f63e33849394a5cdae429ba.png

how is it that "Dems" should have known anything? they do not have the insight that the government has... they're just law makers who call on the government occasionally for information.

this is a really good timeline:

Warnings Ignored: A Timeline of Trump’s COVID-19 Response

it highlights how many in the government (including Navarro) desperately tried to raise Trumps awareness by appearing on tv and in newspapers (i guess because Trump only watches TV).

and Trumps timeline. oblivious:

‘We have it totally under control.’ A timeline of President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic

Edited by godzilla

22 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

No, there have been harsher travel restrictions implemented since and they appear to be helping.

Ok cool, I’m glad you finally came around to understanding that travel bans work.  3 months too late.  But better late than never!

18 hours ago, godzilla said:

image.thumb.png.523131f6cc4bbe6db0d9933e5a6d8800.pngimage.thumb.png.17ff49d04f63e33849394a5cdae429ba.png

how is it that "Dems" should have known anything? they do not have the insight that the government has... they're just law makers who call on the government occasionally for information.

this is a really good timeline:

Warnings Ignored: A Timeline of Trump’s COVID-19 Response

it highlights how many in the government (including Navarro) desperately tried to raise Trumps awareness by appearing on tv and in newspapers (i guess because Trump only watches TV).

and Trumps timeline. oblivious:

‘We have it totally under control.’ A timeline of President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic

E3425B8D-5A66-4D5B-99D8-CB41EADF422F.jpeg

More TDS :lol:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-antibiotics-coronavirus-white-house-briefing-brilliant-enemy-genius-idiot-a9460636.html

The day coronavirus became the number one cause of death among Americans, US president Donald Trump appeared to confuse the viral disease with a bacterial infection which could be treated with antibiotics.

In a meandering address to journalists on Friday which lasted over two hours and veered between incomprehensibility and flippancy, the president pondered the nature of the deadly virus, which he described as a “very brilliant enemy”, and a “genius”. 

Despite the grave threat Covid-19 poses to the global economy, Mr Trump revealed the deficiency in his understanding of how the disease spreads and how it may be treated.

Asked by a journalist about the level of testing for the coronavirus across the US, the president answered: “This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it.

How can you take anyone seriously when they can't even demonstrate a basic understanding of how virus' work? 

Edited by Boges

On 4/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, BubberMiley said:

I said inadequate and arbitrary restrictions don't work and I can prove it.

That's not just a lie, it's also false.

If the US just did that one thing and never did anything else than for sure, we'd be better off.

Truth is, they did that one thing, plus they actually screened passengers at the airports which we talked about but never actually did, plus they enacted all the same social distancing guidelines that we did and they didn't do it any later.

7 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I never said they didn't.  I said arbitrary half-assed ones don't work. Trump proved that with 17000 deaths and counting.

Did I say 17000? I forgot how contagious it is, how quickly numbers increase when things spread exponentially,  and just how stupid and irresponsible those Trump tweets were. Over 20,000 now. :(

50 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Did I say 17000? I forgot how contagious it is, how quickly numbers increase when things spread exponentially,  and just how stupid and irresponsible those Trump tweets were. Over 20,000 now. :(

Yes, but don't forget, more people are killed every year in the US when their bungee knot comes undone.

Or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Tell that to China, which has three times the population of the US but less than a third of the deaths —.so far.  

I wouldn't trust the Chinese numbers any more than I would trust a candy floss bungee knot.

That said, I was being sarcastic in my response to BM there, and agreeing with him that the numbers were brutal.

Edited by bcsapper

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I was being sarcastic in my response to BM there, and agreeing with him that the numbers were brutal.

You better make sure you qualify any suspicious looking statements about the virus with unconditional respect and acknowledgement of its power. Lest ye become vilified, like me. I was disrespectful to the virus. 

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You better make sure you qualify any suspicious looking statements about the virus with unconditional respect and acknowledgement of its power. Lest ye become vilified, like me. I was disrespectful to the virus. 

I was disrespectful to it in your status update.  Me and Yul Brynner.

You don't have to respect something to acknowledge it.

On March 7, 2020 at 7:19 PM, godzilla said:

seriously, with all of Trumps failings.... it appears that his man/baby fear that anything that goes wrong in the US is some kind of blemish on his reputation  

This fantasyland you made up/concocted to publish this thread, is about as forlorn as what the Dems have been trying on President Trump. The Dems have failed so far, and this thread has made sure you failed in the same way...

Politicizing Coronavirus Will Cost Dems the House 
Their rhetoric concerning COVID-19 has been both irresponsible and politically inept. 

by DAVID CATRON

It’s clear that the Democrats see the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity rather than an epidemic. Having failed to bring down President Trump with ridiculous conspiracy theories involving Russia and Ukraine, they are desperately attempting to convince the public that he is somehow exacerbating the COVID-19 crisis

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, for example, issued a joint press release Sunday that included the following fiction: “President Trump continues to manufacture needless chaos within his administration and it is hampering the government’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.” Predictably, Pelosi and Schumer fail to provide any objective facts to support this claim.

This is just the latest in a series of irresponsible assertions by the Democrats. The purported front-runner for their party’s presidential nomination, former Vice President Joe Biden, falsely claimed during a debate in late February that the Trump administration had hampered the federal response to COVID-19 by cutting funding for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH): 

“We [the Obama–Biden administration] increased the budget of the CDC. We increased the NIH budget.… He’s wiped all that out.… He cut the funding for the entire effort.” This balderdash was too much for the fact checkers at AP, who were quick to debunk the falsehood. The AP report also undermines the “needless chaos” assertion made by Pelosi and Schumer:
The public health system has a playbook to follow for pandemic preparation regardless of who’s president or whether specific instructions are coming from the White House.… Among the health authorities overseeing the work are Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC’s principal deputy director and a veteran of previous outbreaks, and Dr. Anthony Fauci, NIH’s infectious disease chief who has advised six presidents.
If you go to the CDC Foundation website you will discover that Dr. Schuchat’s reputation is such that her work is the subject of a feature film, Contagion, in which she is played by Kate Winslet. It’s pretty difficult to visualize doctors Schuchat and Fauci presiding over “chaos” in response to coronavirus. It is far more likely that, by the time the election rolls around next November, the actual effect of the outbreak will be known and it will probably have been far less severe than predicted. 

The voters will by then be aware that the current Democratic rhetoric was a grotesquely cynical ploy to mislead and frighten the public for the usual tawdry political purposes. This will render Democrats clinging to House seats in “Trump districts” even more vulnerable than they are at present.

There are 31 Democratic representatives who occupy seats in districts that Trump won in 2016. Of the 18 districts the Republicans need to flip in order to regain their House majority, the president won 16 by five points or more...