Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm not making partisan arguments. I think Canada has done pretty well since we actually started working at it, but we should have prepared better. The US, of course, under its narcissistic idiot of a leader has done horribly. I was just watching the daily briefing and it's truly cringeworthy how every single person who gets behind the podium is required to praise Trump's great leadership. Ugh!

If you can’t admit that Trump has done a far better job than Trudeau to this point that’s just pathetic argus. 
Undeniable facts are right at the top of the old to-do lists. 

If Trudeau closed the border in January and then Trump started saying “the countries that have closed their borders are doing the wrong thing!!!!”, and then Trump closed the border after his country was already rife with the virus, you’d be making specific claims of Trump’s uselessness. You wouldn’t be spewing angry, misleading generalizations like you are now. 

59 minutes ago, Argus said:

New York State has half the population of Canada and already 114 deaths to our 20. So I wouldn't count on a small death toll.

Yes, but the population density is much higher, which will logically lead to more spread.  Regardless, small is subjective.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

I'm not making partisan arguments. I think Canada has done pretty well since we actually started working at it, but we should have prepared better. The US, of course, under its narcissistic idiot of a leader has done horribly. I was just watching the daily briefing and it's truly cringeworthy how every single person who gets behind the podium is required to praise Trump's great leadership. Ugh!

You don’t know what you’re talking about.  Trump shut down travel from China before anyone, especially Canada.  All while being called a racist.  He also shut down travel from Europe, long before Canada.  Regardless of the administration, the CDC has a pandemic protocol which is adhered to.  Trump has made every power of the federal government available, especially to the hardest hit states.  He’s also fast tracked vaccine testing.  I have no idea what Canada is doing in terms of drugs or vaccines.  Probably just going to rely on an American solution.  Our idiot health minister doesn’t talk about any of that.  Just says the isolation may have to go on for months.  No shit Sherlock.  And our narcissistic idiot leader was still allowing flights in from Rome as recent as a couple of weeks ago.  And you call that a better response?  LOL.  He’s just copying everything Trump does, but a few weeks later. 

36 minutes ago, Shady said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about.  Trump shut down travel from China before anyone, especially Canada.  All while being called a racist.  He also shut down travel from Europe, long before Canada.  Regardless of the administration, the CDC has a pandemic protocol which is adhered to.  Trump has made every power of the federal government available, especially to the hardest hit states.  He’s also fast tracked vaccine testing.  I have no idea what Canada is doing in terms of drugs or vaccines.  Probably just going to rely on an American solution.  Our idiot health minister doesn’t talk about any of that.  Just says the isolation may have to go on for months.  No shit Sherlock.  And our narcissistic idiot leader was still allowing flights in from Rome as recent as a couple of weeks ago.  And you call that a better response?  LOL.  He’s just copying everything Trump does, but a few weeks later. 

Well Canada is fairing much better in dealing with the crisis. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

If you can’t admit that Trump has done a far better job than Trudeau to this point that’s just pathetic ...

What does it tell you that Trudeau's policies have infected 0.003% of Canadians and Trump's have infected 0.009% of Americans?  Would you say Trump is doing 3 times better than Trudeau or 5 times...a 100?

Maybe you'll only agree Trudeau is doing a better job if he's killed by the virus before Trump.

Children eh...they ask the damnedest questions but thankfully there's an adult in the room so...what do you say there Pops?

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What does it tell you that Trudeau's policies have infected 0.003% of Canadians and Trump's have infected 0.009% of Americans?  Would you say Trump is doing 3 times better than Trudeau or 5 times...a 100?

Maybe you'll only agree Trudeau is doing a better job if he's killed by the virus before Trump.

Children eh...they ask the damnedest questions but thankfully there's an adult in the room so...what do you say there Pops?

where are you getting this data? stats like these don't agree with you:

worldometer coronovirus stats

Canada at 39 cases per million, US at 99 cases per million.

i'm not hearing anyone in the Canadian health industry complaining currently of shortages... health professionals all over the US have indicated that the shortages are happening now.

6 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i'm not hearing anyone in the Canadian health industry complaining currently of shortages... health professionals all over the US have indicated that the shortages are happening now.

Easily found if you cared to look...like the large back-order of tests in Quebec, lack of PPE in areas, hospital surges, etc.

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

where are you getting this data? stats like these don't agree with you:

Canada at 39 cases per million, US at 99 cases per million.

Sure they do. Take the current number of Canada and US cases and population run them thru a percentage calculator. Its so simple a child could do it.

Canada's cases 1470

Canada's population 37.59 million

That's 0.0039%

US Cases 32464

US Population 372.2 million

That's 0.0099%

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well Canada is fairing much better in dealing with the crisis. 

Maybe.  Mostly be because our population density is much smaller.  California and New York basically have the population of Canada in just those two states.  Plus, the United States is testing many more people now, so the numbers will go up.  Funny how you can understand that concept when it comes to Canada and particularly Toronto, in another topic thread.

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What has Trudeau done that Trump hasn’t?

Do Justin Trudeau and his cabinet know the COVID-19 pandemic is an emergency?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-does-trudeau-know-the-covid-19-pandemic-is-an-emergency

Edited by Shady

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Maybe.  Mostly be because our population density is much smaller.  California and New York basically have the population of Canada in just those two states.  Plus, the United States is testing many more people now, so the numbers will go up.  Funny how you can understand that concept when it comes to Canada and particularly Toronto, in another topic thread.

Toronto is densely populated. No where near as bad as New York.

Canada has been testing more as well. 

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

Yep. 

Bigger than Chicago, bigger than Houston. 

Nope.  The city of Chicago is 600 square km.  The city of Toronto is 630 square km.  Chicago and surrounding area has a population of over 10 million.  Toronto and surrounding area has a population of about 6.5 million.

Edited by Shady

I don't think I would ever be able to forgive any politician for downplaying the virus as a political stunt and saying it was under control while all reports were indicating it was likely spreading widely in the community. I can forgive them for not closing a border early or being hesitant about shutting down the whole society, but telling people it was all okay and they didn't need to worry has likely cost lives already. 

President Trump is getting more love now...

Poll: Majority of Americans now approve of Trump’s coronavirus management

A majority of Americans now approve of President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new survey, as the administration has issued stricter federal guidelines in recent days and the president has adopted a more public-facing role in combating the disease.

An ABC News/Ipsos poll released Friday reports that 55 percent of respondents approve of Trump’s management of the public health crisis, while 43 percent disapprove. The latest figures represent a boost in the president’s rating from the previous iteration of the survey, published one week ago, which showed only 43 percent approval for Trump and 54 percent disapproval.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/poll-majority-of-americans-now-approve-of-trumps-coronavirus-management-138570

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I don't think I would ever be able to forgive any politician for downplaying the virus as a political stunt and saying it was under control while all reports were indicating it was likely spreading widely in the community. I can forgive them for not closing a border early or being hesitant about shutting down the whole society, but telling people it was all okay and they didn't need to worry has likely cost lives already. 

What you consider to be downplaying the virus is not panicking like all the SIFCLFs, so you are a terrible judge of what constitutes downplaying the virus.