Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

7 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

It would be easier if you learned to cite info, because you're not exactly a reliable source. Are you referring to this poll, which has entirely different, less favorable numbers?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6810602-200149-NBCWSJ-March-Poll-Final-3-14-20-Release.html

How many of those "Registered Voters" are Registered Dem voters? There's a section for Registered Voters and one for Dem Primary Voters....

Are we supposed to assume that those RVs are random Registered Voters?  

That poll is garbage without more detail on who they polled, and if they're being intentionally uninformative I would naturally assume there's a reason for that. 

On 3/16/2020 at 12:26 AM, WestCanMan said:

Rue, if you're unable to tell fact from fiction that's your problem, but at least pretend to be an adult.

On 3/19/2020 at 10:34 PM, OftenWrong said:

Donald Trump was exposed directly to the Coronavirus, and he didn't die. Do you get that? He cannot be stopped.

rise_of_trump_video_game_cover_by_smnt20

Next up, Trump himself will defeat the Coronavirus...

Is that fact or fiction?

28 minutes ago, Boges said:

Today the US had more new cases then Italy. It could get really bad there. 

And some states are still enjoying Spring Break. 

That’s because they’ve ramped up testing.  It’s necessary in order to properly quarantine and treat people.  Considering they have over 300 million more people than Italy does, yes, there will be more cases.  But probably much fewer deaths.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, BubberMiley said:

Nevertheless, do you approve of his lying about a drug being immediately available to treat the virus? Do you approve of how he tried to downplay it and say it was under control when it was quickly spreading? Do you approve of his dismantling Obama's pandemic response team? Do you approve of Republicans downplaying the virus while selling off their stocks after their briefing? 

No, it was this poll.  My mistake.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/poll-majority-of-americans-now-approve-of-trumps-coronavirus-management-138570

Your lying is uncontrollable now.  He didn’t say a drug is immediately available to treat the virus.  He didn’t say it was under control.  He didn’t dismantle Obama’s outdated response team.  And Diane Feinstein is a Democrat.  You’re a lying liar that doesn’t stop lying.

Ok I will admit this to Wes and Shady. I laughed my ass off when Trump lectured the idiot journalist asking him that absolutely retarded question about what Trump has to say to frightened Americans about the virus. That deserved what shit he threw back. It was an inane question. I think  I prefer his responses to Trudeau's at this point given a choice. 

Edited by Rue

15 hours ago, Shady said:

.....He didn’t say a drug is immediately available to treat the virus.  He didn’t say it was under control.  He didn’t dismantle Obama’s outdated response team.  And Diane Feinstein is a Democrat......

I do not like Trump but fair is fair you are right.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Hell is endless.

Hah and my posts too. However I am giving both Trump and Trudeau some good faith. Any leader stuck with this issue is going to be second guessed. I don't think partisan arguements are fair to either as to the virus. 

14 minutes ago, Rue said:

I don't think partisan arguements are fair to either as to the virus.

Agreed, but it's far too much fun around here to just let it go. More importantly than just fun, it's my opinion that once the virus has gone away it will be back to business as usual, so no need to put up some kinda false lovey-dovey pretenses now. Just keeping things normal. :D

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Agreed, but it's far too much fun around here to just let it go. More importantly than just fun, it's my opinion that once the virus has gone away it will be back to business as usual, so no need to put up some kinda false lovey-dovey pretenses now. Just keeping things normal. :D

So there will be a need for these pretences if things don't go back to normal or would you prefer that the business you're referring to come back with a more serious bloody-minded vengeance?  You live in a penthouse suite surrounded by a roof garden perchance? 

19 hours ago, Shady said:

No, it was this poll.  My mistake.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/poll-majority-of-americans-now-approve-of-trumps-coronavirus-management-138570

Your lying is uncontrollable now.  He didn’t say a drug is immediately available to treat the virus.  He didn’t say it was under control.  He didn’t dismantle Obama’s outdated response team.  And Diane Feinstein is a Democrat.  You’re a lying liar that doesn’t stop lying.

It’s easier to fool a man than to convince him that he has been fooled. Some libs have been told that “Trump said that the anti-malaria drugs are the absolute solution” and they’ll never be able to admit that they are wrong, even if you link the video for them.

Some of the libs know that they’re propagating a lie when they do it, but it’s because they got sucked into other lies earlier in the game, and they’re convinced that their lying is necessary now. 

In this day and age not a lot of people even give a rip if they’re known to be liars. I think that some of them actually want another gender pronoun or something to acknowledge the fact that they are liars. 

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It’s easier to fool a man than to convince him that he has been fooled. Some libs have been told that “Trump said that the anti-malaria drugs are the absolute solution” and they’ll never be able to admit that they are wrong, even if you link the video for them.

Some of the libs know that they’re propagating a lie when they do it, but it’s because they got sucked into other lies earlier in the game, and they’re convinced that their lying is necessary now. 

In this day and age not a lot of people even give a rip if they’re known to be liars. I think that some of them actually want another gender pronoun or something to acknowledge the fact that they are liars. 

You’re exactly right.  And if Trump had said there’s nothing yet showing any kind of treatment for the virus, these same deranged people would be citing these antiviral drugs and malaria drugs being used in Europe right now to show that he’s lying or uninformed.  

3 hours ago, Rue said:

Hah and my posts too. However I am giving both Trump and Trudeau some good faith. Any leader stuck with this issue is going to be second guessed. I don't think partisan arguements are fair to either as to the virus.

I'm not making partisan arguments. I think Canada has done pretty well since we actually started working at it, but we should have prepared better. The US, of course, under its narcissistic idiot of a leader has done horribly. I was just watching the daily briefing and it's truly cringeworthy how every single person who gets behind the podium is required to praise Trump's great leadership. Ugh!

19 hours ago, Shady said:

That’s because they’ve ramped up testing.  It’s necessary in order to properly quarantine and treat people.  Considering they have over 300 million more people than Italy does, yes, there will be more cases.  But probably much fewer deaths.

New York State has half the population of Canada and already 114 deaths to our 20. So I wouldn't count on a small death toll.

Edited by Argus

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm not making partisan arguments. I think Canada has done pretty well since we actually started working at it, but we should have prepared better. The US, of course, under its narcissistic idiot of a leader has done horribly. I was just watching the daily briefing and it's truly cringeworthy how every single person who gets behind the podium is required to praise Trump's great leadership. Ugh!

Of course you were Trump's daily briefing, because it matters so much to you in Canada.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Of course you were Trump's daily briefing, because it matters so much to you in Canada.

More like I was flicking through news channels while eating and had already done the Canadian news at 6. Want the news from the UK? I was watching that too.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

More like I was flicking through news channels while eating and had already done the Canadian news at 6. Want the news from the UK? I was watching that too.

Yeah...me too...I was flicking through channels but didn't find boo for daily briefings from your fearless leader.  Maybe because he is QUARANTINED !