Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, as the business case and forever changed news media revenue model because of Fox News Corp forces them to stake out their own turf on the left.   PBS struggles to remain balanced, but the left leaning producers and "journalists" can't help but reveal their biases.   MSM is now more about entertainment than "news".

The days of just the facts (Who, What, When, Why, and Where) are long over...accelerated by the loss of so much daily print media because of the Internet.

PBS is the only decent US TV news left.  Though I haven't watched in a while.

6 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

PBS is the least problematic for sure, but it still has producers and journalists that pursue a "social justice" agenda on programs like Frontline.  To PBS's credit, they do air Margaret Hoover with Firing Line in the spirit of William F. Buckley for a right leaning viewpoint.

It is very difficult to find programming with intellectual political discourse because there is no revenue in that.   And any academic who dares to offer contrary views gets crucified and doxed by social media.

Trump's presidency is just a symptom of the fight in America that started long ago.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, godzilla said:

well, as i've originally proposed, Trump may come out of this alive and still a political power... he's changed his tune significantly but it may be too little too late. he's getting a severe trashing in the media due to the utter failure of the response to the crisis (how many americans have it? who knows!)

so only time will tell whether the baby boomers in his base or just those who voted R out of habbit, those who are looking at their retirement investments disappear and the prospect of 10-20% fatalities (so many boomers) are going to be a little pissed. of course, dead people don't vote!

Are you one of those fools that still listen to the leftist liberal American and Canadian lying and fake media? My gawd, man, when will you ever learn that no matter what Trump says or does he will never win with those bunch of lying bozos. Don't go and try to blame this all on Trump. Trump did not spread the virus himself. China did. :unsure:

40 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

PBS is just another leftist liberal TV channel. They are liberals true and true. Really! ;)

7 hours ago, Boges said:

Trump called the virus a Democrat Hoax and said it would "Just go away". 

How is pointing that out deranged? 

Because you continue to focus on shit that doesn't matter in order to attack Trump, due to having no good material. Trump said the media blaming him is a Democrat Hoax, not the virus itself.

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No matter how fast the Trump administration acted you would claim it wasn't fast enough and that any damage the virus does is on him. Typical Trump Derangement, everything is Trump's fault, if there is any problem in the world, then Trump must be the cause.

man this should be easy for trump supporters then. simply bring up all of the fabulous things he is doing everyday! easy!

so there's the tax break for the rich and subsequent spike in federal debt. cool, not up on any studies that have quantified any benefits to that yet but whatever. and you got NAFT 2.0 which is cool... but you know, its not a lot different from NAFT 1.0. but cool, anyways i'm sure. then you got... um, what exactly?

he had R's in all three branches for 2 years! wtf?! hahaha! get rid of obamacare? no. build the wall? no. stop muslims from entering the country. ok, great he did that. that's important. <_<

of course i don't want you to think i haven't missed the biggest thing he's done... ginned up political rhetoric so that half the population think its either him or some fuckin "open boarders", "anti-gun" boogie man shit. seriously, thats the only reason he's in the job, right? to protect against boogie man! and of course the trailer trash believe its a black and white thing... its either/or... its freedom or slavery. when... its not. every issue in a modern society is complex and there are people who it is wise to let into the country and others one shouldn't. and there are people who are fine to have guns and others who should not. and there are people who believe there are child sex slaves in the basement of a pizza parlor somewhere. Cult45.

and if D's get in and say/do the same thing then i'll be here... suggesting that people speak truth to power, as it were. i mean, i guess you could say that i'm "fiscally conservative" and "socially liberal" and want science based based and because i've made a shit load of cash from corporate sources am fully aware of what "taxed at source" slavery does to people. does that make me some kind of "commie"?! some "Trump hater". let it be!

stay safe out there!

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

man this should be easy for trump supporters then. simply bring up all of the fabulous things he is doing everyday! easy!

You not looking for any positives he's doing and tunnel visioning on the negatives is not proof he's doing a bad job, it is proof you are biased against him though. Trump supporters bring up the positives all the time, it's not like they are hard to find, you just don't want to look.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You not looking for any positives he's doing and tunnel visioning on the negatives is not proof he's doing a bad job, it is proof you are biased against him though. Trump supporters bring up the positives all the time, it's not like they are hard to find, you just don't want to look.

Tell me seriously, have you looked at the negatives...ever....you tell other people they have tunnel vision...how about you....do you think you present objective, logical analysis of what Trump does, says and has "achieved"?  You just don't want to look just as much as you accuse anyone who disagrees with you.

You are no different than say Wes trying to make an argument about Biden being old and demented but Trump being a genius.

Also for those extolling the virtues of the greatest POTUS, this is the type of president whose vocabulary is confined to “great” or “tremendous” yet when it comes to even being asked a direct question about whether he is tested for Covid.19 he dodges the question. No gravitas but a pompous git with no legitimacy...

4 hours ago, Rue said:

You are no different than say Wes trying to make an argument about Biden being old and demented but Trump being a genius.

That's a lie Rue. I never said that Trump was a genius, he just came in on the heels of two of the worst Presidents in America's history. I categorize him as a crass braggart who grew up learning how to rely upon/take the advice of professionals, which comes in handy when he became the POTUS.

Most people rely on their own wits for their entire lifetime and hardly ever get specific counsel on important events in their life, but Trump grew up availing himself of the wealth of knowledge in his dad's lawyers, real estate developers, etc. That's what good Kings did in the past, it's what good leaders still do today. They lean on the expertise of people who know better than they do, and pick up on the best advice. 

Trump has had "his" moments of brilliance, which basically come from following the plans of his generals, but the thing about being a leader is that you receive dozens of possible courses of action each day, with permutations reaching up to the tens of thousands after just a month or so, and he came out solidly on top in: Trump vs Islamic State as a landholder, Trump vs Putin in Levant, Trump vs Kim Jong Un, Trump vs collusion, Trump vs the whistleblower, Trump/Republicans vs lying & vindictive Dems at SCJ appointment hearings, building the wall, getting tax cuts to voters, getting rid of the individual mandate, etc, etc, etc.

Trump made lots of promises to his voters and he followed through in a way which puts all the Presidents before him to shame. 

Obama's "Yes We Can!" turned into "No, we certainly didn't, but we had a riot!" 

GWB's presidency was a shambles. 

Trump is rockin' it right now. Give the credit to whomever you'd like, but the US has been cruising under Trump.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rue said:

Tell me seriously, have you looked at the negatives...ever....you tell other people they have tunnel vision...how about you....do you think you present objective, logical analysis of what Trump does, says and has "achieved"?  You just don't want to look just as much as you accuse anyone who disagrees with you.

The issue is not how much Trump has achieved, it is how much the Trump haters despise how much he has achieved, starting with defeating Hillary Clinton.   Trump is just another U.S. president with successes and failures, just like all those who came before him.

https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark-simone/content/2019-03-09-the-list-of-president-trumps-accomplishments-so-far/

Trump and Pence are now being tested for COVID-19.   Obviously the Trump haters hope they are infected !

Edited by bush_cheney2004

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The issue is not how much Trump has achieved, it is how much the Trump haters despise how much he has achieved, starting with defeating Hillary Clinton.   Trump is just another U.S. president with successes and failures, just like all those who came before him.

https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark-simone/content/2019-03-09-the-list-of-president-trumps-accomplishments-so-far/

Trump and Pence are now being tested for COVID-19.   Obviously the Trump haters hope they are infected !

I'll confess to being super-duper-ok with the fact that Sophie Trudeau "has" it. 

My guess is that our village idiot just wanted to stay safe at home with his blankie, so she's faking it, in addition to the fact that it gives the Trudeaus somewhat of a #metoo moment. 

If she really had it, no doubt that they'd have 7 MRI machines, 6 doctors, two nurses and a search & rescue copter at home in addition to all their nannies and their other ultra-necessary household peons. 

23 hours ago, Rue said:

You're saying Joe Biden is good enough, because Donald Trump is already a demented president. Sure, that sounds logico

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

You're saying Joe Biden is good enough, because Donald Trump is already a demented president. Sure, that sounds logico

No not at all. I said trying to suggest Donald Trump is any different than Joe Biden when it comes to dementia is illogical and trying to present Trump as a more intelligent option than Biden is just out and out demented.

I have never stated Biden or Trump are good enough for President. Ever. Please do not come on this board and try pose Trump as some kind of Godsend compared to Biden. He's not. He is a piece of ignorant shit. Biden is a sleeze bag for other reasons. To try pose Trump as less demented is just idiotic.

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Please list what Trump has achieved. Before you stereotype anyone list what he has achieved in 4 years. Of course this is about his record. To say this is not about his record is ridiculous BC. If you provide his list of accomplishments make sure they actually are and he is responsible for them...can you do that....ahahahah. 

Edited by Rue

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's a lie Rue. I never said that Trump was a genius..

Trump is rockin' it right now. Give the credit to whomever you'd like, but the US has been cruising under Trump.  

Credit for what? Can you Trump groupies please list his achievements and what he is rocking?

Good God man you sound like some Ted Nugent groupie. Get a damn hair cut dude. I see you getting arrested all the time on COPS or Live Police. Put a shirt on dude. Give up the crystal meth man. Stop trying  to  hide the meth pipe up yer skazooter dude.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

Please do not come on this board and try pose Trump as some kind of Godsend compared to Biden. He's not. He is a piece of ignorant shit. Biden is a sleeze bag for other reasons. To try pose Trump as less demented is just idiotic.

To me that is what you said, because I do not see a serious problem yet with his presidency. You have to separate the man you dislike with the results of his presidency. As an outsider I have no idea if he's a good US president. Overall state of things seems to look pretty good down there.

No one gives credit to Trump, evidenced in this very thread a few posts up is the reason.

For example, I like his recent announcement that interest on students federal loans is suspended "until further notice". Not just for two weeks.

Haven't heard such committments from our side of the border. Despite wonderful speeches and heartfelt wishes in their talk and tweets, there's not much action. THese are the things which matter at the grassroots level. Not how couth he is. We the folk are also not very couth.

You can find lists of the "many" economic accomplishments he takes credit for but never on these partisan lists will you find any mention of the deficit under his reign:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/02/09/trumps-federal-budget-deficit-1-trillion-and-beyond/#6b96e516544f

His supporters will produce list upon list of his accomplishments but when you fact check them ooops……..

https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

Oh but wait. Biden called a poor little girl a dog faced pony. Owe Mah-eye Gawwwwd. I mean how unstable. But Trump insult anyone...who Donald?....ahahah….here is just a  partial list of people he's insulted on twitter which is a great accomplishment and of course makes him more qualified than Biden:

https://www.thewrap.com/everyone-donald-trump-has-insulted-since-taking-office-photos/

But wait. This is a man you can trust. Trump lie? Who Trump?.....

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/04/trump-has-told-more-than-10000-lies-since-being-inaugurated-washington-post

One of the reasons we Canadians should want him re-elected is because ofhis brilliant insights about Canada:

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/07/07/opinion/stupid-things-trump-has-said-about-canada

Also I mean come one...he has a glowing record of human resources accomplishments....this is what makes a great leader:

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-has-trump-fired-so-far-james-comey-sean-spicer-michael-flynn-2017-7

He also is a man who has a great memory unlike that demented Biden:

https://thefederalist.com/2016/03/24/10-things-trump-said-but-says-he-didnt/

Now wait a second....he also shares a unique characteristic with very few Presidents, Johnson and  Clinton to be specific...being sent to the Senate for impeachment....wow...that's a great accomplishment.

But hey now he is according to himself the greatest President ever and according to Wes, Often, Shade E,., BeeC (she is not a Trump supporter ahahahahah), et al,  he is a miracle worker with the economy and a role model for the kind of mental agility we want in the white house...I mean come on look at his economic record.....

"One reason for declining life expectancy in America is what Anne Case and Nobel laureate economist Angus Deaton call deaths of despair, caused by alcohol, drug overdoses, and suicide. In 2017 (the most recent year for which good data are available), such deaths stood at almost four times their 1999 level.3

The only time I have seen anything like these declines in health – outside of war or epidemics – was when I was chief economist of the World Bank and found out that mortality and morbidity data confirmed what our economic indicators suggested about the dismal state of the post-Soviet Russian econo

Trump may be a good president for the top 1% – and especially for the top 0.1% – but he has not been good for everyone else. If fully implemented, the 2017 tax cut will result in tax increases for most households in the second, third, and fourth income quintiles.

The tax cuts were supposed to spur a new wave of investment. Instead, they triggered an all-time record binge of share buybacks – some $800 billion in 2018 – by some of America’s most profitable companies, and led to record peacetime deficits (almost $1 trillion in fiscal 2019) in a country supposedly near full employment. And even with weak investment, the US had to borrow massively abroad: the most recent data show foreign borrowing at nearly $500 billion a year, with an increase of more than 10% in America’s net indebtedness position in one year alone.

Likewise, Trump’s trade wars, for all their sound and fury, have not reduced the US trade deficit, which was one-quarter higher in 2018 than it was in 2016. The 2018 goods deficit was the largest on record.

And despite Trump’s vaunted promises to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US, the increase in manufacturing employment is still lower than it was under his predecessor, Barack Obama, once the post-2008 recovery set in, and is still markedly below its pre-crisis level. Even the unemployment rate, at a 50-year low, masks economic fragility. The employment rate for working-age males and females, while rising, has increased less than during the Obama recovery, and is still significantly below that of other developed countries. The pace of job creation is also markedly slower than it was under Obama.2

Again, the low employment rate is not a surprise, not least because unhealthy people can’t work. Moreover, those on disability benefits, in prison – the US incarceration rate has increased more than sixfold since 1970, with some two million people currently behind bars – or so discouraged that they are not actively seeking jobs are not counted as “unemployed.” But, of course, they are not employed. Nor is it a surprise that a country that doesn’t provide affordable childcare or guarantee family leave would have lower female employment – adjusted for population, more than ten percentage points lower – than other developed countries.

Even judging by GDP, the Trump economy falls short. Last quarter’s growth was just 2.1%, far less than the 4%, 5%, or even 6% Trump promised to deliver, and even less than the 2.4% average of Obama’s second term. That is a remarkably poor performance considering the stimulus provided by the $1 trillion deficit and ultra-low interest rates. This is not an accident, or just a matter of bad luck: Trump’s brand is uncertainty, volatility, and prevarication, whereas trust, stability, and confidence are essential for growth. So is equality, according to the International Monetary Fund."

source for the above: https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/grim-truth-about-trump-economy-by-joseph-e-stiglitz-2020-01

But hey now one thing we do on Trump threads is when the actual economic success of Trump is revealed for what it is...a crock of shit.. a litany of lies...we just dismiss anything that doesn't promote the Trump agenda as "lies" and "hatred". Poof it no longer exists in the world of Trump fantasy where anything that does not worship Trump is a lie and we attack the person who says it personally as a liar and hey we go in front of crowds and mimic cerebral palsy and ask Latinos where they were born, and create fantasies about creating employment for blacks.Image result for wizard f oz

L to R: Wes, BC, Often Wrong, Shady

Edited by Rue
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, Rue said:

I look at the negatives all the time, it just that most of the haters don't know what the negatives are, and pretend positives are negatives, because Orange Man Bad.

I can make a better case against Trump than any of his haters on this board, none of you have a good case against him and I can also make a better case for Trump than any of his haters on this board can. Why? Because I know both sides of the argument infinitely better than any of his haters on this board do, because I actually check my confirmation bias from time to time, unlike Trump haters who live in a bubble and assume that anything positive that is said about Trump is fake news.

If we have a competition where those who defend Trump most on this board attack him and those who attack Trump most on this board defend him, totally flipping the script, the defenders would make infinitely better case against him, than the attackers would make in his favor.

That isn't because the case against him is so strong, it's because the case in favor of him would be so weak because the people presenting that case don't know the other side of the argument at all, while those defending Trump are well aware of the best arguments against him, and usually more aware of those arguments than even his haters who lack any ability to pick their battles, and try nitpick petty and trivial things, and reach at straws to attack him. They are certainly far more aware of the best arguments against him than his attackers are aware of the best arguments for him.

You like to pretend like it's the Trump defenders who are the biggest hacks and his haters are all just rational people who see Trump for who he really is, but if we flipped the script, it would become very apparent that the hacks who are living in a bubble and can only see one side of the argument, are clearly Trump's haters and not his defenders.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 hours ago, Rue said:

Please list what Trump has achieved. Before you stereotype anyone list what he has achieved in 4 years. Of course this is about his record. To say this is not about his record is ridiculous BC. If you provide his list of accomplishments make sure they actually are and he is responsible for them...can you do that....ahahahah. 

I have already provided the list...several times.   You just refuse to acknowledge anything that Trump has "achieved" from his campaign agenda and beyond, including bipartisan legislation that he has signed as president.   It's OK to dislike what Trump has achieved, but foolish to continue to pretend that he has done nothing.

Your own nation is about to ratify NAFTA 2.0, something that never would have happened if Trump didn't make it happen.