Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

Yeah it's TDS to point out that Trump said things that were untrue and had to be walked back later, but still caused mass panic in Europe. 

It's also TDS to point out that Trump is lying his orange ass off when he says that you can get Tests on Demand in the US. 

:rolleyes:

Edited by Boges

Trump had Brazilian Prez to Mar-a-Lago. He later tested positive for COVID-19. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/trump-coronavirus-photo-brazilian-aide-bolsonaro-contact-latest

Trump isn't getting tested and isn't going into self isolation. 

On Thursday the White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, said both Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence had “almost no interactions” with Wajngarten and therefore did not need to be tested themselves.

1189.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Great Leadership Dumbass! 

Edited by Boges

11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Even if that were true, it isn't relevant, come up with a better line of attack, if that's the best you have, that's straight pitiful. Attacking his "remarks" is weak sauce, attack something that is actually relevant.

Attack an executive order he signed, or legislation he signed into law, or attack his foreign policy decisions, etc. 

Enough of the attacking him based solely on his personality rubbing you the wrong way, that shit is weak, and if it's all you got, then you have no valid criticisms of Trump whatsoever.

that shit is the way he is running the country. its no secret that his frail ego means that any calamity he views as some kind of blemish on his reputation that makes him angry and so he has, to date, simply been refusing his administration even acknowledge that something bad is happening.  half of the jobs in his entire administration go unfilled. those that are filled are reserved for those who pledge allegiance to his frail ego above any form of ability to do that particular job. its never been about the job for him. since day one its been politics because thats all he understands.

that shit means that the impact to the US economy will be more abrupt and more severe. the quants on wall street are not listening to his tone. the machines in the basement of the Dow can't even hear him. what they are reacting to is the lack of immediate and concerted effort to test, quarantine and control in order to slow the spread. especially in a country where so many lack access to health care.

Trump gave vast sums away as a tax break for the wealthiest, who will self quarantine on their islands, and big business will be looking to him for bail outs that will make 2008 look like a picnic. and if big business has already decided that his ego has fucked this up and the US is headed for a recession then, politically, he'll get hung out to dry. and with the general population, his usual "there was nothing we could do, it wasn't my fault" does not help his political clout either.

and how many of his "base" are going to be so "keep america great" when they get to the emergency room with their grandmother only to have her part of a lottery system to see who gets a bed or a ventilator. because the Trump administration did not act immediately because Trump himself didn't want to "spook" the markets.

Edited by godzilla

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No matter how fast the Trump administration acted you would claim it wasn't fast enough and that any damage the virus does is on him. Typical Trump Derangement, everything is Trump's fault, if there is any problem in the world, then Trump must be the cause.

Trump called the virus a Democrat Hoax and said it would "Just go away". 

How is pointing that out deranged? 

Just now, Boges said:

That's not what Trump said at all....you are purposely ignoring the context of what was said.

It’s hard to tell exactly what Trump means here. He could be calling coronavirus a hoax, concerns about its severity a hoax or Democrats’ criticism of his response a hoax. Reputable fact-checking institution Snopes rated the claim that Trump called coronavirus a hoax as a mixture of true and false, noting, “Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.”

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/03/trump-coronavirus-hoax-fact-check/

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I repeat that to myself 10 times before I lay down to sleep.

Then 1000 as I try to lull myself to sleep... before the arrival of the plague dreams....

Well, even if you had not chosen to step back from the Trump vortex, one would think that over time his antics would have less and less impact, if only because it is more of the same after four years.

But Trump still has the ability to keep his base happy and drive the haters nuts.    It is like they are in permanent triggered mode as long as he remains president, an affront and existential threat to their social and political souls.   "MUST BEAT TRUMP !!! "

But in reality, Trump is just another U.S. president....not Satan.

I feel like much of the media is so out to get Trump that the reports of Trump bumbling this and that with Corona aren't reliable.  I want to believe them but I just can't.  We live in an age when you can't even trust the media at all and I don't ever remember this being the case before.  This is frightening.

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1. one would think that over time his antics would have less and less impact  

2. But Trump still has the ability to keep his base happy and drive the haters nuts.    It is like they are in permanent triggered mode as long as he remains president, an affront and existential threat to their social and political souls.   "MUST BEAT TRUMP !!! "

3. But in reality, Trump is just another U.S. president....not Satan.

1. Oh for sure.  I used to recite my mantra 2000 times.  Seriously you must have noticed I post less and less on this topic.  Jokes not included.

2. Agreed.  At some point it will end, and the question is how will it come to happen and what will that look like.

3. Satan is thinner, better looking, and less orangey complexion.

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I feel like much of the media is so out to get Trump that the reports of Trump bumbling this and that with Corona aren't reliable.  I want to believe them but I just can't.  We live in an age when you can't even trust the media at all and I don't ever remember this being the case before.  This is frightening.

True...but this was happening even before Trump came along.    Trump has just torn off any Band-Aid® pretense of an objective media and leveraged it for political advantage.   Some of Trump's energy and juice comes from the free media attention and bias that bolsters his base.   Trump thrives on media chaos as that his domain and he knows how to work it, stoking the fire whenever needed.

During the 2004 presidential campaign, CBS' senior anchor Dan Rather committed professional suicide by conspiring with his producer to publicize fake documents from Bush's time in the Texas Air national Guard.    Rather refused to admit to the wrongdoing, because he felt the cause was worth it (defeating Bush).   Bush won anyway.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Oh for sure.  I used to recite my mantra 2000 times.  Seriously you must have noticed I post less and less on this topic.  Jokes not included.

2. Agreed.  At some point it will end, and the question is how will it come to happen and what will that look like.

3. Satan is thinner, better looking, and less orangey complexion.

1.   Yes...I have noticed the pullback.   Many things are more important than Trump.

2.   Given U.S. history, Trump's ending will not be anything new regardless of how it unfolds.   President Garfield only lasted six months.

3.  Satan is rumoured to have more of a natural red complexion...and horns.    Mocking Trump's bronzer skin means playing the game Trump's way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

This virus is like every other Flu virus, in that it kills people who are close to death while everyone who isn't near death recovers fully.

The problem in this day and age is that, once someone says "It's a killer strain of the H1N1 virus!", anyone who says otherwise in the MSM is liable if someone takes the flu lightly and they die unexpectedly. "WCM News said the flu was no big deal and my 59 yr old husband died from it!"

There's a chance that by the time it gets here it's a bigger threat, but the stats up to this point in time show that it isn't a threat right now at all. 

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Seriously you must have noticed I post less and less on this topic.  Jokes not included.

In fact I have noted it, but wasn't sure if it was real, or just a phase you were going through. I commend you on coming out of the closet. You are a wonderful example that Trump conversion therapy actually works.

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True...but this was happening even before Trump came along.    Trump has just torn off any Band-Aid® pretense of an objective media and leveraged it for political advantage.   Some of Trump's energy and juice comes from the free media attention and bias that bolsters his base.   Trump thrives on media chaos as that his domain and he knows how to work it, stoking the fire whenever needed.

During the 2004 presidential campaign, CBS' senior anchor Dan Rather committed professional suicide by conspiring with his producer to publicize fake documents from Bush's time in the Texas Air national Guard.    Rather refused to admit to the wrongdoing, because he felt the cause was worth it (defeating Bush).   Bush won anyway.

20 years ago CNN was politically fairly neutral.  Now I see Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon crapping on Trump during prime time every night.  I guess they're looking for ratings to compete with the ultra-biased FOX News and MSNBC.  The MSM has become a joke.

I'm taking the position, carry on with my day and do whatever I need to do. I expect that most likely I will get the virus.

Really best thing that could happen is if everybody in the world gets the virus. Then we will all become immune, and this mass media sensation will finally be forced to come to an end. For it is the more deadly virus.

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

In fact I have noted it, but wasn't sure if it was real, or just a phase you were going through. I commend you on coming out of the closet. You are a wonderful example that Trump conversion therapy actually works.

Once you realize the strategy, and the futility of your part in it... taking part in that is more boring than golf...

11 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

20 years ago CNN was politically fairly neutral.  Now I see Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon crapping on Trump during prime time every night.  I guess they're looking for ratings to compete with the ultra-biased FOX News and MSNBC.  The MSM has become a joke.

Yes, as the business case and forever changed news media revenue model because of Fox News Corp forces them to stake out their own turf on the left.   PBS struggles to remain balanced, but the left leaning producers and "journalists" can't help but reveal their biases.   MSM is now more about entertainment than "news".

The days of just the facts (Who, What, When, Why, and Where) are long over...accelerated by the loss of so much daily print media because of the Internet.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, as the business case and forever changed news media revenue model because of Fox News Corp forces them to stake out their own turf on the left.   PBS struggles to remain balanced, but the left leaning producers and "journalists" can't help but reveal their biases.   MSM is now more about entertainment than "news".

The days of just the facts (Who, What, When, Why, and Where) are long over...accelerated by the loss of so much daily print media because of the Internet.

I barely ever watched American news before all the rioting and looting started in 2014. When things like 9/11 happened, or some other big American story, I just tuned into CNN for half an hour and that was about it.

The first time I ever watched Fox News was to see if there was any video of the Michael Brown shooting (because supposedly there were 100s of witnesses, I figured that someone must have gotten something on video). When Fox aired the footage of M Brown in the store just before he got shot, and CNN took the position that it was disrespectful to the dead man to show that video, my WTF alarm started going off and Fox became my goto source for US news.

Was it a case where most networks were neutral and Fox was right wing for a long time, and then the other networks shifted left? Or were they slightly to the left all along and then shifted hard left after Fox?

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I barely ever watched American news before all the rioting and looting started in 2014. When things like 9/11 happened, or some other big American story, I just tuned into CNN for half an hour and that was about it.

The first time I ever watched Fox News was to see if there was any video of the Michael Brown shooting (because supposedly there were 100s of witnesses, I figured that someone must have gotten something on video). When Fox aired the footage of M Brown in the store just before he got shot, and CNN took the position that it was disrespectful to the dead man to show that video, my WTF alarm started going off and Fox became my goto source for US news.

Was it a case where most networks were neutral and Fox was right wing for a long time, and then the other networks shifted left? Or were they slightly to the left all along and then shifted hard left after Fox?

Fox News wouldn’t exist if the mainstream media was actually objective.  There would be no demand for it.  But the mainstream media obviously is far from being objective.  Hence a demand for a media that allows and broadcasts points of view that would otherwise be ignored.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It was more of the case that "neutral" was dominated by the liberal leanings of journalists that competed using old television and print media models.   Fox News Corp. upset that balance with a right leaning, pro-business product that found a very large audience and revenue.  CBS' 60 minutes use to feature a "Point-Counterpoint" segment that offered air time for competing views, CNN had "Crossfire", etc. that separated the political sparring from hard news.

Then the Internet blew up and democratized all sources and access.   Editors and standards could no longer control the flow of "news".

• Thanks 1