Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

and the fact that the USCBP is populated by a bunch of racists is relevant to the topic... in what way?

U.S. rules at the border, not Canada.

It is relevant that even in the age of Trump and coronavirus, Canadians are still trying to cross the border.

Canada/Trudeau would go ape shit if Trump closed the northern border.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

U.S. rules at the border, not Canada.

It is relevant that even in the age of Trump and coronavirus, Canadians are still trying to cross the border.

Canada/Trudeau would go ape shit if Trump closed the northern border.

yeah, not following how cross boarder shopping is relevant to Trump fucking up the coronovirus response. or NATO spending or school lunch programs or any of your usual crutches for that matter. but whatever.

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

yeah, not following how cross boarder shopping is relevant to Trump fucking up the coronovirus response. or NATO spending or school lunch programs or any of your usual crutches for that matter. but whatever.

Of course you are not following, because it does not fit your hate for Trump narrative.

It was Trump's State Dept.  that flew Canadians home from Wuhan.

my "narrative" is that Trump is an idiot who is probably the most incapable president ever. i never said i hated the guy. i don't.

you've stated emphatically that it doesn't matter that he's an idiot. he's your idiot. best of luck!

but this is a forum discussion about US politics. you consistently respond to Trump critique with "what about Canada?", "cheapskates", "cross boarder shopping", etc... its hilarious. its not really political discourse about US politics. just saying!

Edited by godzilla

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

Major US airlines stopped direct flights from China as well, but it was the airlines and their unions that did it, not the government. Same as here. 

Cite! 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/01/business/american-delta-airlines-coronavirus/index.html

38 minutes ago, godzilla said:

my "narrative" is that Trump is an idiot who is probably the most incapable president ever. i never said i hated the guy. i don't.

you've stated emphatically that it doesn't matter that he's an idiot. he's your idiot. best of luck!

but this is a forum discussion about US politics. you consistently respond to Trump critique with "what about Canada?", "cheapskates", "cross boarder shopping", etc... its hilarious. its not really political discourse about US politics. just saying!

OMG if you think Trump is incapable then what do you think of Justin? Almost every single thing that he has done since he has been PM has hurt the country. On a good day for the country Trudeau is off on a lavish vacation on the taxpayer's dime.

What was your response to this?

Do you think that if Hillary was President she could wave a magic wand and keep all of America safe from Coronavirus? 

Would the party of "OPEN BORDERS PLUS FREE MEDICAL FOR ANYONE WHO COMES INTO THE COUNTRY!!!!!!" be the ones that you would want to have in power during a global pandemic?

Nope. The Dems are getting schooled right now on just how bad their idiotic policies are for Americans. If anything this is a really bad woodshed moment for them.

-The fact that you think this is somehow implicating Trump at the moment just speaks to your own dishonesty. You even lie to yourself. That's weird. 

-The fact that you're wishing for a death toll that's high enough to influence an election is sickening.

FYI you're not on the moral high ground here, at all. You couldn't be any lower than you are right at this point of your life.  

57 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Of course I do....perhaps you are new around here, and don't understand the game rules.

As long as other members consistently discuss and reference American "content" in Canadian topics, I will relentlessly return the favour.

That's how this game is played:  You say "Trump !" there...I say "Trudeau !" here.

Got it ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

On 3/7/2020 at 6:19 PM, godzilla said:

seriously, with all of Trumps failings.... it appears that his man/baby fear that anything that goes wrong in the US is some kind of blemish on his reputation may be the most offensive to even his supporters. nobody is about to blame Trump for the Coronovirus. its not his fault that its happening. but it would appear that his ultra thin skin and fragile ego can't allow him to even comprehend or mentally accept that the US is on the verge of an un-contained epidemic that will kill hundreds of thousands. all he can comprehend is his usual tactic of telling people "there is no problem" or making it some kind of liberal conspiracy. except that it doesn't work in this situation. and his delay to even consider the issue because "its just the flu" is about to cost thousands of lives.

Trump calls Inslee a 'snake' over criticism of coronavirus rhetoric

Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax’

Jusdt for your information. Trump is more of a man than your man/baby Trudeau will ever be. And also for your info, Trump has done plenty to try and stop this so called virus from spreading. You need to stop listening to CNN or the CBC, and try listening to FOX News a little more often and get the facts right. It is those leftist lieberals in the media morons that are trying to make people like you believe that Trump is doing nothing. Such lies and bull chit coming from the leftist liberal American and Canadian lying and fake so called news media. 

Even Obama would want to make sure that there would be no failings on his part during his administration when he was in office. When the SARS out break occoured, it took whomever was in power at the time months before they did anything about the threat from SARS. Anyway the threat from this virus will have to go along ways yet to be able to catch up to how many people die from the flu every year in North America. People need to chill out about this virus. The medical profession will soon find a cure. Go and have a coffee. ;)

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

Your narrative is based on feelings, not facts. Not a single person who thinks he's the most incompetent president ever doesn't hate him, the only way to arrive at such an opinion is to be blinded out of hate. So you're lying to yourself and others, but you're only really fooling yourself and other Trump haters who think their hatred of him is rational when the exact opposite is the case.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

I wonder what kind of crisis will be triggered when some hapless staffer breaks the suggestion to Trump that rallies might not be a good idea for awhile.

I guess it'll be up to some city health-official to simply disallow a rally - I suspect Trump will publicly respond with some reference to deep-state interference but privately he'll be thankful.  

Stories about Trump’s coronavirus fears have spread through the White House. Last week Trump told aides he’s afraid journalists will try to purposefully contract coronavirus to give it to him on Air Force One, a person close to the administration told me. The source also said Trump has asked the Secret Service to set up a screening program and bar anyone who has a cough from the White House grounds. “He’s definitely melting down over this,” the source said. But thus far Trump’s private concerns haven’t affected his public response. Pressure from the public health community is mounting on Trump to cancel his mass rallies, but Trump is pushing back. “He is going to resist until the very last minute,” a former West Wing official said. “He may take suggestions to stop shaking hands, but in terms of shutting stuff down, his position is: ‘No, I’m not going to do it.’”

The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

Germaphobe-in-chief.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

It would have been very interesting to see how this COVID-19 outbreak would be playing out if it had coincided with the election. It would be a very good test of the checks and balances thingy I bet.

Maybe, but I bet more people would just do the absentee ballot way of voting.  Most states have that option.

5 hours ago, Shady said:

Where’s the Trudeau topic?  Welcome to Canada, where we hold other countries leaders more accountable than our own! :lol:

4DADAB8D-BD42-4691-989D-2E176A66B8E5.jpeg

He's giving them the "Bitches Experience Things Differently" lecture.

It actually makes sense because he's wearing "Cat In The Hat" socks. 

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

I guess it'll be up to some city health-official to simply disallow a rally - I suspect Trump will publicly respond with some reference to deep-state interference but privately he'll be thankful.  

You cited "Vanity Fair Hive", it's gotta be true.

Gotta hand it to ya for not posting it from CNN. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 12:25 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

Your narrative is based on feelings, not facts. Not a single person who thinks he's the most incompetent president ever doesn't hate him, the only way to arrive at such an opinion is to be blinded out of hate. So you're lying to yourself and others, but you're only really fooling yourself and other Trump haters who think their hatred of him is rational when the exact opposite is the case.

Then that also means that everything you say about anyone who doessupport  Trump is full of hatred. You really need sometimes to think about your generalizations.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, godzilla said:

Well, people like you should be quite happy and stop complaining about Trump because are not all of our dear leader politicians out there just as incapable and appear to be quite a bunch of idiots trying to wreck a country as you say Trump is trying to do? Just what do you want from a leader. You tell me if you do not think that Trump is not the man of the hour? Who the hell is then? Over to you, fella. :D

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

He's giving them the "Bitches Experience Things Differently" lecture.

It actually makes sense because he's wearing "Cat In The Hat" socks. 

Just think. We get to have this pro feminist incompetent loser who likes to wear funny looking colorful socks for another four more years. What more can Canadians ask for, eh? Those Americans who voted for Trump really did make a big mistake by voting for Trump. Chuckle-chuckle. :D

• Like 1

With this virus, Trump's lies are easily exposed and they have real world consequences. 

You juxtapose him saying that one day the virus will disappear and instead for infections to climb to some 1,000 plus. It wouldn't create a lot of confidence. 

You also can't blame Trump for the economic tumbles. But he can't take credit for the economy when it does well and wash his hands of it when it doesn't go so well. He has to wear all this. 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

You also can't blame Trump for the economic tumbles. But he can't take credit for the economy when it does well and wash his hands of it when it doesn't go so well. He has to wear all this. 

Yeah...it's so bad, the stock market has pulled back to 2019 levels.   Shocking !

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Ahhh OK, so nothing to see here. Head in Sand. Gotcha. 

Dude....the stock markets have been overvalued for a long time. 

There are lots of other, more important impacts from C-19 to worry about....Trump or no Trump.

I am trading right now....easy money !

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Dude....the stock markets have been overvalued for a long time. 

There are lots of other, more important impacts from C-19 to worry about....Trump or no Trump.

I am trading right now....easy money !

Ahhh so when it goes down, it was overvalued anyway. :lol:

I tend to agree. But then don't give Trump any credit for the value when it rose. Just like he didn't when Obama was POTUS.