Turks threaten to invade Europe

Argus

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The problem is if there's a big influx of refugees they're going to overwhelm a country's immigration system in the government, meaning there aren't enough people employed to give hearings.  If people are hired quickly and trained too quickly, you'll get incompetence.  If hearings are too quick there's not enough time to gather evidence.

Obviously the system needs to work much quicker but you also have to be careful.

The system does not work at all. Even if people are found to be clearly not eligible for asylum they don't leave and we and the Europeans don't try to make them.

23 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Inevitable.  Enough is enough.

They didn't think out the UN refugee regime very well back in the 1950's now did they.

Tho I may be a misanthrope with a coal black heart,  I only have hatred for my ideological enemies, shooting hapless refugees is easier said than done.

In actual fact, refugees swamping the nanny welfare state into bankruptcy comports with my ideological objectives.

The only way to constrain government in this day and age, is for it to go broke.

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Tho I may be a misanthrope with a coal black heart,  I only have hatred for my ideological enemies, shooting hapless refugees is easier said than done.

In actual fact, refugees swamping the nanny welfare state into bankruptcy comports with my ideological objectives.

The only way to constrain government in this day and age, is for it to go broke.

I would never call for shooting refugees.  Not unless they stormed the border and then violently resisted arrest.

Maybe the best thing for society would be for corona to spread, cause panic and an economic meltdown, the shelves are bare, and then everyone has to toughen up and make it on their own again.  Would be epic suffering but how else do we reverse the trend where people keep getting softer?

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I would never call for shooting refugees.  Not unless they stormed the border and then violently resisted arrest.

Maybe the best thing for society would be for corona to spread, cause panic and an economic meltdown, the shelves are bare, and then everyone has to toughen up and make it on their own again.  Would be epic suffering but how else do we reverse the trend where people keep getting softer?

A complete meltdown would mean exponentially more refugees and border guards abandoning their posts because you don't have any money to pay them.

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

A complete meltdown would mean exponentially more refugees and border guards abandoning their posts because you don't have any money to pay them.

Law, Order, and Responsible Government 

We can’t tolerate anarchy or unlawful system shutdowns.  Reform has to come through influence and free votes.  If you can’t convince people, not gonna happen.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 3/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, Argus said:

Notice how the CBC shows pictures of poor children, but no pictures of angry men throwing things? As always, the media are the best allies dictators like Erdogan have in the West.

I wish these compassionate bleeding hearts were giving their own money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Would be epic suffering but how else do we reverse the trend where people keep getting softer?

As I keep telling you, Kindergartens following a Klingon military prep school model sorta like St Micheal's College except violence is encouraged.

We already know that everything you really need to know can be taught in Kindergarten so....spare the rod spoil the kids ruin society...seems like a pretty straight forward string of dots.

Edited by eyeball

14 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

That's not true.  The CBSA removes them.  But that doesn't mean they just can't disappear and stay illegally.

The CBSA from what it's own union says, has a tiny group of people who try to find those who need to be removed, but since they have so few resources they generally look for criminals, not just asylum seeking migrants who don't leave. And, in fact, since we don't really track people leaving Canada, the CBSA has little idea whether these people have even left or not. So effectively these people just stay. The same is largely true in Europe.

Edited by Argus

Image result for Erdogan Nazi past

https://www.france24.com/en/20191010-europe-lacks-leverage-over-turkey-amid-erdogan-migrant-threat

Turkey is led by a calculating dictator who recently stated  he wanted to model his government on Hitler's.

This the same dictator who not only has equated Israel with Nazism but Germany and Holland (Netherlands).

This is someone who uses his Turks in Germany as leverage to get re-elected back in Turkey posing himself as a populist nationalist, i.e., dictator.

This is someone who uses the threat of releasing millions of Syrian refugees into Europe to shut up anyone in Europe questioning his actions in Syria.

This is someone who had the F35 contract cancelled for his nation for now due to his instability and decision to purchase missiles from Putin but at the same time challenge Putin and Assad in Syria.

This is someone who flips back and forth between( being Iran/Russia/Syria as an enemy/ally)like a Kardashian sister with NBA players.

The man engages in mass murder of Syrian and Kurdish civilians and accuses Israel of being a Nazi state. This is a dictator who arrested over 50,000 journalists and political opponents and calls out Holland and Germany as being undemocratic Nazis.

German embraced Turkey as an ally in WW1 and 2.

They now seem to be suffering from karma for this.

Turkey has attempted to invade Libya and control it, has threatened Greece-Cyprus-Israel over their oil deposits half way between Israel and Cyprus thinking a naval alliance with Russia would force them to let him in on the oil-only to be neutralized by of all countries, China who formed a naval alliance with Israel. Not only that so did India. No where in the world can a man like Erdogan get enemies like India and China to agree.

In fact the only ally Erdogan appears to have at the moment is Trump but interestingly weeks after Trump praised him for his actions in Syria, and pulled American troops out, Trump did an about face (or at least his military got him under control) and neutralizes some not all Turk attacks on Kurds in Syria.

Erdogan at the moment is at war with Russia, Syria, Germany, Holland, the EU, Nato, Greece, Israel, Iran, the Kurds, the Armenians, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Libya.

He's a wonderful man.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 3

On 3/4/2020 at 5:37 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

I would never call for shooting refugees.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:37 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

Not unless they stormed the border and then violently resisted arrest.

I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶g̶e̶e̶s̶.̶

2 hours ago, Marocc said:

With Syria. Imagine being there... You're freaking out now.

I could not be more calm. Erdogan on the other hand has placed himself at war with anyone and everyone who he imagines slight him.  One need only read back his constant barrage of insults and threats. What next do you want to tell me I am being culturally insensitive and his style of talk is just a cultural thing...

أردوغان هو أحمق آخر مع مرض الزهري في الدماغ

https://ahvalnews.com/turkey-foreign-policy/turkeys-erdogan-lost-plot-provoking-three-conflicts-op-ed

https://www.cfr.org/interactive/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/conflict-between-turkey-and-armed-kurdish-groups

Your memory as to who he is in conflict with is a tad selective try:

Libya, Syria, the Kurds, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, UAE, on and off with Iran, France, Germany, Netherlands, Russia.

Edited by Rue

8 minutes ago, Rue said:

Your memory as to who he is in conflict with

You previously said war. You see any disagreement as conflict. It's politics. Erdoğan is not my favorite but be is one of the least harmful Muslim politicians out there. He's also most likely blackmailed from many directions and the fact that the refugees just happen to be behind their border... One can't blame him for being a little... Stressed, irritated, angry, upset, etc. If he was actually powerful and evil, this would be a lot worse for everyone.

7 hours ago, Marocc said:

I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶g̶e̶e̶s̶.̶

Virtually any person in any country who violently resists arrest should be subdued by force.  If you have a group of people that means shooting them.  Citizens or refugees, it doesn't matter.

And don't cut up my posts like that just make your point stronger.  It's manipulative.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Virtually any person in any country who violently resists arrest should be subdued by force.  If you have a group of people that means shooting them.  Citizens or refugees, it doesn't matter.

If you arrest them, then you've taken them in.  

They want to be arrested, that's what they do at the Canadian border, they walk up to the Mounties and surrender themselves for arrest

In this case, you are trying to keep them out, so you are already using force, in contravention of the UN charter.

If you then escalate to lethal force, that's a war crime, under both the Hague and Geneva Conventions.

Edited by Dougie93

On 3/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Be careful what you wish for,  thinking most Canadians could survive anything that could cut themselves off their phones and all their shinny apps is laughable really....it would not take long for most polite Canadians to turn into assholes, forcefully taking from the weak, might a week or so, then it would be the wild west, 2 weeks at most...there would whole sale killing like never seen before.....And it is next to imposable to come back from that unless someone uses force to bring back law and order, .......and who is going to do that ? not our military or police, maybe the US if they are not facing the same type of crises. 

19 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Turkey has a huge problem with Syrian refugees. It was a major issue in the last local elections in Istanbul. Putin and Assad aren’t exactly helping in that regard.,

Neither is his war in Syria, which is nothing more than an escalation of his war against the Kurds he started because he lost his parliamentary majority due to a Kurdish led party.

Edited by Argus