Canada is Broken

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

BC's income tax is so low it offsets the carbon tax in relation to other provinces.   BC is only 5% on $30,000, Alberta is 10%, Quebec is 15%

Ontario & BC are the least taxed provinces, we're paying half what most of the provinces pay and a third of what Quebec pays.

BC has had reasonable growth with high carbon taxes as well.  

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

There you go again saying it can't be done to someone making more than they've ever made in almost 50 years of living in BC mostly off other British Columbians looking to spend money I should add.  Reconciliation brought high-speed fibre-optic internet and water improvements to our region that's benefited everyone and I can think of 5 emission-free run-of-river hydro power plants in Tla-o-qui-aht Ha-Hoothlee with more in the works that supply power to everyone while generating a virtually endless revenue stream to the region. Plus we have some $80 million in hwy improvements underway.

Sux to be you in whatever hopeless wasteland you're from and that's coming from a guy who lives in the blast radius of a reconciliation zone - within a km of ground zero in fact. I still recall it was a calm sunny day, everything seemed to go quiet and then...a dog barked but that was about all I remember.

My kids were all born with 5 toes and fingers one is making more than their old man and the others aren't far behind. The grandkids are all fine too. Nobody's house is on fire so perhaps you're just looking at the world thru a flaming hairdo.

At least you’re being specific.  BC does have a big hydro power supply that has made certain green energy like hydrogen workable, but it’s a very service-based economy now, not especially diverse.  It does benefit from a lot of outside money flooding the region, which has the serious downside of driving up home prices.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

8 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You're happy with the formation of race based countries within a country . . . . . .

Nope, I'm happy with the formation of titled nations based on treaties....

....carry on!

Absolutely...just stay out of the way or even better go away.  We really don't need your type around here.

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

At least you’re being specific.  BC does have a big hydro power supply that has made certain green energy like hydrogen workable, but it’s a very service-based economy now, not especially diverse.  It does benefit from a lot of outside money flooding the region, which has the serious downside of driving up home prices.  

It's always something right, nobody said it would always be unicorns, rainbows and gumdrops.

But the very last effing thing anyone needs are scoops, ditches full of people, fumigated lefties, cops crackin' down and gettin' tough and above all else an unhinged outraged right-wing that thinks its outrage is all it takes to get its way.  The downside of that is that NOTHING will get developed because we'll be to busy fighting one another.

That said I fully expect conservatives will give it their best shot so...who knows maybe they'll drag house prices down along with everything else.  There's your silver lining I guess.

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Of course you are....then the fights can move to the courts, just like the numbered treaties already in place.

Treaties mean the "aboriginals" get to fight for what the crown promised...in the crown's courts.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Absolutely...just stay out of the way or even better go away.  We really don't need your type around here.

Who is 'we' . . . . other tree planters from Port Alberni ?

Your 'boy' Justin has done a wonderful job of destroying anything/everything that held this country together . . . . carry on.

20 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

BC is not the problem, Canada is the problem.

Canada doesn’t exist solely for the provinces.  It props up the huge sparsely populated north.  No doubt some provinces would keep more money without Canada in the short term, but they would lack the economy of scale to do certain things.  The northern 80% of the provinces, the territories, and the have not provinces would be shit out of luck.  It’s a big risky bet against a winning formula.   I would just simplify government, especially federally.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

I mean,  forget warships, Canada doesn't fight anybody on its own behalf, but Canada can't even run the civilian side of things.

Because America has declared the Northwest Passage to be International Waters, merchant vessels are sailing there with impunity

And Canada can't even build one icebreaker to patrol, even for pork barreling purposes. Seaspan can't even build one, they can't build anything bigger than a trawler.

One icebreaker, not even nuclear Polar Class 1, just a regular old Polar Class 2, Canada is pathetically failing to build even one.

Edited by Dougie93

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Eskimo Communism has failed, Canada doesn't even project any power there, the north is the purview of America, Russia and China, fake country Canada is rightly ignored.

Then Russia, China, and the US can pay for all the roads, health, education, hospitals, and infrastructure.  Those aforementioned countries contribute fuck all up there.  Get real!   Canadians pay for it.  

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I mean,  forget warships, Canada doesn't fight anybody on its own behalf, but Canada can't even run the civilian side of things.

Because America has declared the Northwest Passage to be International Waters, merchant vessels are sailing there with impunity

And Canada can't even build one icebreaker to patrol, even for pork barreling purposes. Seaspan can't even build one, they can't build anything bigger than a trawler.

Military isn’t doing anything for the people up there, anyway.

I’d support our military rebuilding water systems and providing training on reserves.  That would help.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Military isn’t doing anything for the people up there, anyway.  

The Coast Guard is not the military, the Coast Guard is under the Department of Fisheries & Oceans in laughable peacenik Canaderp.

You can't even build a civilian icebreaker for non military tasks, not even one.

Edited by Dougie93

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The corruption incompetence and stupidity of Canada's  "Defence" department has now spread to the entire "government", they can't even tie their own shoelaces anymore,

Stop comparing a sparsely populated country of 37 million to superpowers.  Yes we need a stronger military.  You’re the one saying we should scrap it.  Make up your mind.  We’ve had the strong military in the distant past.  This country is focused on other priorities.  That’s the people’s choice.  I think it’s wrongheaded, but I think the US pulling out of the Paris Accord was wrong-headed.  

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We had two during WW2.  Old news.  

:lol:

The RAN has two right now,  most countries aren't still trying to dine out on what they did 70 years ago, only loser Canada does that,  because what else can you do?

American - Australian - New Zealand task force,  where's Canada ?

Even tiny New Zealand, the size of British Columbia, has its own expeditionary task force.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/sites/default/files/sabre_crop.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

:lol:

The RAN has two right now,  most countries aren't still trying to dine out on what they did 70 years ago, only loser Canada does that,  because what else can you do?

Well Canada is poised to outgrow many countries and will have a larger economy than Italy.  Canada is the future, including trying to make a go of the UN, the Paris Accord, Reconciliation, bailing out the have-nots, and all the other expenses we choose to carry as Canadians.  I resent them, yet I have to admit that we take better care of our citizens and provide a safer and probably freer country than south of the border or just about anywhere. Most countries would be grateful to have our problems, though the problems are real.  As I get older I’m learning the value of appreciation, and there is much to appreciate here.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 3/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, ProudConservative said:

Have we seen enough? I certainly have. I'm Hopeing to see patriots boycott Tyendinaga, in retaliation for the blockaid, and throwing rocks at the our trains.

Apparently there were police on the other side of the tracks, and a train is coming, and all they do is just stand there and let those commie protesters put debris on the tracks. That is clearly an offence against the Railway Act of Canada which can put someone putting anything on the tracks in jail for a very long time. The police should not be standing there waiting for orders from their politically correct bosses and politicians when a crime is being committed right in front of them. If you or me were to break a law in front of a police officer we would be arrested immediately. Putting debris on the tracks for a train to run over is against the law, period. 

Or is the new rule of the day now that no arrests will be made until a police officer gets the go ahead to arrest that person from their boss first? It would appear that anarchy and the breaking of the law is now quite acceptable in Canada and does now appear to be the new game plan in this fast becoming a lawless terrorist third world looking country. 

Thanks Toronto. Thanks Maritimes. Thanks BC. You went and put that buffoon back in power again. You are the reason why this country is going to hell and fast becoming more lawless by the day. You have allowed special minority interest groups of morons to now run and rule this country. No one can blame the conservatives for this anarchy and chaos although there are probably some in the fake bought off Canadian media out there who would like to somehow blame or wish that they could blame the conservatives for all of this terrorism. But not this time. Your liberalism is the reason why we have this country headed for disaster and doom. Canada has no real and true leaders anymore. Just wimpy, politically correct ones. Pretty dam sad, eh? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well Canada is poised to outgrow many countries and will have a larger economy than Italy

Canada is going to load up on third world immigrants who will continue to self isolate in ghettos, big whoop.

Italy's economy is nothing to crow about, Italy is a basket case, Italy's per capita GDP is $31,000 USD, they're actually poorer than Canada.

But they still have a huge military somehow.   Including an aircraft carrier.

Cavour_(550).jpg

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Of course you are....then the fights can move to the courts, just like the numbered treaties already in place.

Treaties mean the "aboriginals" get to fight for what the crown promised...in the crown's courts.

Sure whatever you say chief....