Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

2 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

David Icke just released a video on Coronavirus. It's about time. So basically he says there was a whitepaper from the rockefeller foundation ...

David Icke is mentally unstable, and believes the royal family, the Bush family etc. are shapeshifting alien lizards.  I'm not making that up.

Icke believes that the universe is made up of "vibrational" energy and consists of an infinite number of dimensions that share the same space.[17][10][18] He believes that an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings called the Archons (or Anunnaki) have hijacked the earth and that a genetically modified human–Archon hybrid race of shape-shifting reptilians, also known as the "Babylonian Brotherhood", the Illuminati, or the 'elite', manipulate global events to keep humans in constant fear

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

Don't listen to this stuff... Listen to William F. Buckley if you want to hear a real conservative... or better yet - Sam Harris...

13 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

So what would happen if you cut your finger, and had a sick person spit on your finger? If you took a small dose in the blood, wouldn't that help you build up antibodies before it reaches the lungs.

To me this seems like a bioweapon designed to give you pneumonia... It doesn't seem to be dangerous in the blood.

Or take the blood out of the body, infect the blood, and inject it back into the body in a few days.

I bet there are really smart people figuring out how to inoculate themselves.

This is exactly how we treated many viral infections before vaccines existed.    It is also what has already been done in other places where people who were asymptomatic or suffered only mild symptoms have given transfusions to others (or had plasma harvested and re-injected to others) with success...exactly because as you suggest, they have the antibodies within their serum.

Also regarding vaccines:  there are several candidates now undergoing testing on some kind of accelerated schedule.  Here is but one of many...this one somewhat Canadian:  https://globalnews.ca/news/6671901/coronavirus-canadian-company-covid-19-vaccine-candidate/     Worth noting this is from the same cluster of academics  (not sure if same company) that created the treatment and vaccine that brought ebola under control.

There is a LOT going on that is fairly close to production.  For instance, a serological test for antibodies that will allow detection of those who are or have been infected (refer back to first paragraph).   Here is 62 PAGES of papers regarding current and other applicable research regarding corona virus:  https://connect.medrxiv.org/relate/content/181

If  you bother to learn a bit about viral disease (and I admit to suffering a great deal of ignorance on the topic) you will realize that natural evolution of most biota will have them seek new opportunities to proliferate.   Suggest leaving the tinfoil hat on your dresser for a while and reading a bit about the science and realize that this is just the normal evolution of a virus and not likely (as it would be VERY difficult) some evil conspiracy to bio-engineer something.

• Like 2

On the necessity of prolonged measured from the projections U of T researchers:

“Even eight-week and 16-week interventions weren’t enough to cut the surge of patients, hospitalizations and ICU admissions by half, or shift the peak of the epidemic by more than a couple months, the researchers found.

With 32 weeks of social distancing interventions, about 7.5 months, the peak of the epidemic is pushed out by more than a year, which is the earliest possible timeline for the creation of a new vaccine, though there are no guarantees one would be ready by then. In this scenario, new cases, hospitalizations and ICU patients were cut down by more than two-thirds at the epidemic peak — still far too many for Ontario’s current health-care system, but it buys time to expand.

In all of these scenarios, the researchers found the same number of people become infected overall. But slowing down how quickly the virus rips through society and flattening the peak of the outbreak gives hospitals a chance to properly treat patients, improving survival rates.”

I think there needs to be a 3-pronged focus:

Strict social distancing, finding and accelerating production/availability of effective treatments, and developing a vaccine.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Z:  the elephant in the corner of the room is re-infection.   Still not clear that the virus is mutating fast enough to re-infect - in which case all bets are off on vaccines.   This is why you need a new influenza vaccine every year and then no guarantee you have the RIGHT one.

21 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

It's not that low on the scale, the peplomers on this thing can penetrate your cells effortlessly and then they don't let go, hence why the severe pneumonia.

Believe me when I tell you that when a 500kV line flashes over with even an amp or two of current (and it will be a LOT more than that) there won't be enough of you or me left to worry about pneumonia.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

David Icke is mentally unstable, and believes the royal family, the Bush family etc. are shapeshifting alien lizards.  I'm not making that up.

That's what they want you to believe.

The theory this is a boomer disease seems to be fading. Half the people hospitalized in the US so far are under 65.

Older Americans are still at greater risk of death from the new COVID-19 coronavirus, but 38 percent of the U.S. patients known to have been hospitalized for COVID-19 were between age 20 and 54, and nearly half of those admitted to the intensive care unit were adults under 65, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Wednesday. The report looked at 508 of the first 2,449 coronavirus patients in the U.S. The high rate of hospitalization for younger adults matches the statistics reported from France and Italy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-half-u-coronavirus-patients-063434940.html

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

The theory this is a boomer disease seems to be fading. Half the people hospitalized in the US so far are under 65.

Older Americans are still at greater risk of death from the new COVID-19 coronavirus, but 38 percent of the U.S. patients known to have been hospitalized for COVID-19 were between age 20 and 54, and nearly half of those admitted to the intensive care unit were adults under 65, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Wednesday. The report looked at 508 of the first 2,449 coronavirus patients in the U.S. The high rate of hospitalization for younger adults matches the statistics reported from France and Italy.

I don't wish to distract from your message but would just like to caution against the use of raw statistics. Without further details about whether those under 65 who have been hospitalised had pre-existing health conditions simple percentages can be misleading.

Neither of the links seem to mention these details.

Due to the lack of more detailed information I would agree with you that everyone not just the elderly needs to exercise extreme caution but that may well be sloppy reporting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yes but you then have to focus on those who came in under 65 who had pre-existing medical conditions and what they were. You also have to understand that the cases reported are not necessarily the total amount of cases out there. So the stats you are looking at the way you are using them to assume people underr 65 will have to go to the hospital is necessarily inaccurate.

Canada's PHAC is also reporting data that indicates higher confirmed infection for those younger than 60 (69% ?), but we can't see how many were hospitalized.

Information on demographics, symptoms and outcomes is available for 260 cases.

Of these cases:

• onset of illness occurred between January 15 and March 15, 2020
  • 52% of cases are male
  • 31% of cases are 60 years old and over
  • 11% of cases have been hospitalized
  • 9 people have died of COVID-19
  • 69% of cases are travellers and 13% are close contacts of travellers

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html

8 minutes ago, Rue said:

I still remember David Icke from when he was a below par sports commentator.

He's a lot more entertaining now he's a raving lunatic but mocking the afflicted just isn't cricket old chap.

Edited by Iceni warrior

Guest ProudConservative

The first priority of any government is to maintain national defense, and keep it's citizens safe. If 1000 Canadians end up dying, do you think Justin Trudeau should be charged with criminal negligence, and put in prison for not closing the border to China, and the other hot spot countries? I personally think, any government official that doesn't do all it can within reason, to keep its citizens safe, is committing treason, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by ProudConservative

5 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

The first priority of any government is to maintain national defense, and keep it's citizens safe. If 1000 Canadians end up dying, do you think Justin Trudeau should be charged with criminal negligence, and put in prison for not closing the border to China, and the other hot spot countries?

I think he should just be charged with criminal ignorance for being Justin Tur...uh...TRUdeau.

4 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

The first priority of any government is to maintain national defense, and keep it's citizens safe. If 1000 Canadians end up dying, do you think Justin Trudeau should be charged with criminal negligence, and put in prison for not closing the border to China, and the other hot spot countries?

Only if they send Trump to the electric chair for playing it down as a Democrat hoax to destroy the market.

Guest ProudConservative
Just now, cannuck said:

I think he should just be charged with criminal ignorance for being Justin Tur...uh...TRUdeau.

What would be the legal steps in arraigning a public prosecution of Justin Trudeau?

Guest ProudConservative
2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Only if they send Trump to the electric chair for playing it down as a Democrat hoax to destroy the market.

I believe in applying justice evenly. That's fine with me. I would even go after Andrew Scheer, for failing to act as opposition.

Edited by ProudConservative

1 minute ago, cannuck said:

True....did people really expect the blackface prime minister who got outsmarted for two weeks with basic railroad blockades was suddenly going to emerge as Canada's champion for fighting a global pandemic ?    C'mon man !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

What would be the legal steps in arraigning a public prosecution of Justin Trudeau?

It would start with a constitution that made such accommodation, not the worthless crap the Big Tur..TRUdeau set up to allow for social engineering...the "just society"  (as I always have to draw the conclusion that once the LPC gets its way there will be nothing left of Canada..just society.