Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

What makes you think this is a bio wpn, and why would any country use this virous when it has only a 3.5 % kill rate, some experiment, most of the info is available on the web today, or buried deep in some military research facility….if any nation was interested in using a bio wpn, it would a lot more effective than this one. IE Weaponized small pox has a death rate of about 30 %, and was much more contagious , be it contact, or vapor, ….created some time in the 70's, and not everybody has been inoculated , because it is thought to be wiped out, long ago..........one can only imagine what they have invented today... Russians have much more dangerous bio wpns than small pox...

You have asked some very relevant questions. People are making the wrong assumption, by assuming that only governments or well funded institutions are capable of making a bio-weapon. That might of been true in the 70's and 80's, but in 2019 biohackers were genetically modifying bacteria with Crispr Kits worth $1500, and most of the components are made in china. Do a search for "CRISPR gene editing" and "Biohacking". Now that's some basic stuff, but we're entering a world, where you don't need a multi million dollar lab to create a plague. Someone with the right resources could make a plague in their basement. This could be the greatest threat to mankind, since it takes many years, and billions of dollars to enrich uranium. Yet someone in a small room could be working on a plague, and we wouldn't even know it. It sounds to surreal, so we deny the possibility due to our normalcy bias. The cost barrier to enter genetic engineering has dropped significantly over the last 30 years,

If you watched the movie "Inferno" one guy concerned with overpopulation decides to make a plague that will kill 50% of the worlds population. Radical environmentmatalist are the most motivated to cull the human population, or try and bring down the economy.

It might be very difficult to create a bio-weapon that kills 50% of the population. If you make one with 3.5%, it's enough to cause a great depression, reduce carbon emissions. It's enough to curb climate change. Also with a 3.5% fatality rate, people don't take it seriously in the beginning, and it's able to spread.

It would be very hard to create a bio-weapon with a 50% fatality rate, that has a very long incubation period with asymptomatic spread. Once the hospitals are overrun the fatality rate goes to 10%, and 5% more could die due to the knock on effects. Social distancing brings that number down, but destroyed the economy.

If this virus is natural, the next one could be a plague.... and we need to domestically produce and stockpile PPE to deal with it. that's not fear mongering. That's just looking into the future. We need to invent something, where people could go to work, instead of being forced to stay home.

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

The Chinese only shut down one province and that contracted their economy -20% in a single quarter, so I think the panic will start to shift from the virus to finances before too long

A practical shutdown of the real economy until the fall will be a disaster unto itself.

Like I've said all along, it be far cheaper to produce and stockpile PPE and biosuits for the next pandemic... That put everyone under martial law. Just like condoms are cheaper than paying for STD's.

Just now, ProudConservative said:

Like I've said all along, it be far cheaper to produce and stockpile PPE and biosuits for the next pandemic... That put everyone under martial law. Just like condoms are cheaper than paying for kids.

Canada no longer has martial law on the books, the Emergency Measures Act is still subject to civilian law.

Guest ProudConservative
Just now, Dougie93 said:

Canada no longer has martial law on the books, the Emergency Measures Act is still subject to civilian law.

Put it this way. If I had something safe to wear, I would consider going to the grocery stores, and delivering food to the old people. The Doctors aren't getting scars on their face for no reason.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

Put it this way. If I had something safe to wear, I would consider going to the grocery stores, and delivering food to the old people. The Doctors aren't getting scars on their face for no reason.

I have full British Army IPE with S10 Respirator, canisters and decontamination mitts, but I would only use that in extremis, like recovering contaminated human remains for instance

I'm already shopping for the old people on my street right now, no protection other than hand washing, although that is surgical scrub level.

Guest ProudConservative
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I have full British Army IPE with S10 Respirator, canisters and decontamination mitts, but I would only use that in extremis, like recovering contaminated human remains for instance

I'm already shopping for the old people on my street right now, no protection other than hand washing, although that is surgical scrub level.

If this is considered, the bare minimum, I have no reason to go outside. Eventually you need something proper. I wore the mask to the store... and I got very light headed. I could barely breath, so I went to the middle of the isle, and opened the mask for a little bit. For an hour, I had delayed and slow thinking due to the oxygen deprivation.

34.thumb.jpeg.60f4407d08ef3a292e8096368e1644e3.jpeg

Guest ProudConservative
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I have all the kit, but it's not nuclear fallout, there is no airborne threat.

At least in a pandemic, you can head to the arctic, and live off the land. If we have a nuclear war, there's nowhere to hide. If things get bad, I'll go deep within the boreal forest. I don't want to go father then the treeline, because you can be spotted. From where i'm at right now, if Chicago get's nuked, i'm right in the radiation path.

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

At least in a pandemic, you can head to the arctic, and live off the land. If we have a nuclear war, there's nowhere to hide. If things get bad, I'll go deep within the boreal forest. I don't want to go father then the treeline, because you can be spotted.

I was a Canadian soldier, we only run to the sound of the guns.

Guest ProudConservative
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I was a Canadian soldier, we only run to the sound of the guns.

I've watched too many survival shows, and I love the wilderness. Living off the land could be more fun than working 9 to 5 in a great depression. I rather be eaten by a wolf than be robbed by a panicking liberal in Toronto. Cities are no place to be during national emergencies.

4 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I've watched too many survival shows, and I love the wilderness. Living off the land could be more fun than working 9 to 5 in a great depression. I rather be eaten by a wolf than be robbed by a panicking liberal in Toronto. Cities are no place to be during national emergencies.

I'm more of an economic survivalist, Disaster Capitalist

I am heavily armed, but I'm not expecting that sort of trouble.

I’ve been thinking that international travel will never be the same.  Unless there’s a clear international eradication of the virus, how will we trust international visitors without some form of quarantine and testing?  Would this be a pre-clearance prior to boarding and/or post?   Will some countries/continents remain no-go zones without similar clearances upon return?

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

A practical shutdown of the real economy until the fall will be a disaster unto itself.

There's a concern too that if the virus develops an economy of its own, this thing could really grow legs.

Edited by OftenWrong

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There's a concern too that if the virus develops an economy of its own, this thing could really grow legs.

Other than hockey being cancelled, it hasn't disrupted my lifestyle one bit, I was already a recluse, Relic on the Jetboat

Since the Loafs were sucking anyways, I'm not even missing hockey

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

A terrorist bioweapon is not going to be exotic like a virus, it's going to be something simple, easy and cheap to produce, which is also easy to deploy, like Enterotoxin B for example

It's also not going to only kill the old and weak. That would be a rubbish weapon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Other than hockey being cancelled, it hasn't disrupted my lifestyle one bit, I was already a recluse, Relic on the Jetboat

Since the Loafs were sucking anyways, I'm not even missing hockey

I won't miss it on TV but they've gone and closed all the rinks around here. It didn't bother me either until they did that. Closing sports facilities and telling people to stay home is also bad for public health.

1 minute ago, Iceni warrior said:

It's also not going to only kill the old and weak. That would be a rubbish weapon.

Depends what the desired effects are

Perhaps the weapon is not designed for maximum lethality but rather simply economic warfare

Might not be a terrorist weapon, might be somebody more subtle than that

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I won't miss it on TV but they've gone and closed all the rinks around here. It didn't bother me either until they did that. Closing sports facilities and telling people to stay home is also bad for public health.

Yeah, my wife didn't expect them to close Orange Theory so now she's all put out, even tho we have a $2000 Nordictrack, First World Problems.

34 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, my wife didn't expect them to close Orange Theory so now she's all put out, even tho we have a $2000 Nordictrack,

I got one after christmas as well, Norditrack E.11. Guess I'll do some of that.

First World Problems.

In the UK, they want the old people to self- quarantine while people still work and go to school. But the government specifically said, old people are still allowed to go out for a walk each day. They're not just looking fixated at the virus as a problem to solve at all costs, no matter what. There is more to life than surviving a virus, and in the end we must all die anyways, so what the fuck. Someone tell the left.