Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

On 3/14/2020 at 12:55 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes let's blame the evil corporations for dirty azz Chinese food markets and people eating cats and dogs.  LOL.  Yes its always the fault of capitalism and corporations and the west.  Don't make anyone actually responsible for their own actions, China is just a victim of the oppressive western oligarchy.  Give me a break man.

China needs to clean up its act.

Actually, the theme of Communism doesn't approve of this behavior. This behavior is due to a 'religious' mindset of those who think of eating unusual foods as having miracle cures, etc. Thus, it is NOT due to their system but due to this one area that is fuzzy when it is hard to prove whether this behavior is or is not itself 'religious'. It IS religious beyond those who might want to challenge eating odd foods out of a kind of 'dare'. [They might be using these markets as novelty places for tourism, for instance.]

China reacted still relatively fast in comparison to how we would if the bug initiated here. And because viruses don't discriminate (they aren't even 'alive'), this behavior occurs anywhere. Another related factor deals with CROWDS due to uncontrolled population growth.

This gives actual justice to why the Communists in China had to demand limit laws for childbirth. Note that the power of giving birth too is most contentious BY the religious communities who demand their 'rights' to have no restrictions by governments on birth. Also, only the religious tend to be the ones demanding that even ANY conception of a potential human life should be conserved (pro-life defenders). 

So Communism here is NOT at fault. The reason their systems become more 'authoritarian' is only RELATIVE to the same 'authoritarianism' they inversely see of us in the West. The type of 'authoritarianism' that occurs there (Communism) is due to the over-beaurocratic processes, not 'dictatorship'. Their 'chairman' (leader) is just their representing HEAD and while it gets abused, it is no different than what occurs here via a 'right' of unlimited powers of wealth in private hands. Our 'dictators' are more often from the isolated private monopolies that occur. No system extreme is good and why even China has been moving towards market-style 'democracy' and the Western market-style democracy tends towards the people-style 'democracy'. 

In general though, their system is NOT why viruses get passed on. Viruses are themselves relatively accidental products of living things. In this way, our computer viruses are identically related and prove that our own 'intellectual' species still creates them. 

To me, overpopulation is itself the problem, and where we have unrestricted 'compassion' for entry of the immigrant from all over this world, this too will inevitably go through a phase where we are exposed to the diseases all over. This stage occurred with the Natives in the Americas were exposed to the Old World populations that CAME from relatively more populated cultures that have already gone through this phase. At an 'objective' level, if the world is expected to continue to become ONE, we require immunizing through exposure of the variety of bugs that are from all different places. China is one of those places that has a larger population concentration which makes it more rational to have first exposure. The East Indians are the next in line for such population concentration. But eventually, all of us will face this without having some other place to go beyond Earth.

21 minutes ago, jacee said:

Ya, Education minister @ 2:30.

Then @ 4:30 ... Chief Medical Officer says no. ??? 

I don't think so.  I got confirmation of the closures by another source at about 5:30 pm.  As far as I know at the moment, all are closed indefinitely.   Post secondary classes too, I think.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, Argus said:

But that sponsorship does NOT include providing them with health care. If you want to sponsor an elderly immigrant into Australia you need to provide them with private health insurance. We should do the same.

But it doesn't.

Five billion dollars a year IS an issue. Adding 100,000 elderly immigrants into our health care lineups every five years IS an issue.

Most immigrants come through as family, not skilled. The skilled category you and the rest of your immigration industry propaganda cohort use to lie to Canadians includes not just the single 'skilled' person who is assessed for their abilities, but their families, as well.

Of course, the assessment is based entirely on paperwork supplied by the immigrants, and the assessing officer has all of THREE MINUTES to go through the file to determine if they qualify. Not much opportunity to verify if that 'degree' is real or a fake, or if the paper attesting to their language skills is real either. No interview with the individual or his or her family, and no attempt to determine if they have the sort of adaptable mindset which would flourish in Canada as opposed to becoming a sullen minority clinging to their primitive old-world religious values.

Studies by demographics people have made it quite clear that immigration can do almost nothing about an aging workforce. And it's noteworthy the federal government has produced no studies which show it will. Nor any studies showing immigration is helping our economy. The only pro-immigration studies come from left wing think tanks always eager for more immigration, and corporate stooges whose bosses want more cheap labour.

So much misinformation and so many uneducated comments. I mean, I can go through every point and show you are wrong, but I just don't care to repeat to you any more. At least not today.

For today, I will respond to one of your misinformation:

Of course, the assessment is based entirely on paperwork supplied by the immigrants, and the assessing officer has all of THREE MINUTES to go through the file to determine if they qualify. Not much opportunity to verify if that 'degree' is real or a fake, or if the paper attesting to their language skills is real either.

Stop typing like the typical uneducated racist internet hero and go learn how the system really works. THERE IS A WORKING MECHANISM in how education credentials are assessed and it's nothing like what you have in your head.

A skilled worker applicant MUST have their university send their degree and transcripts, in a sealed envelope, to an official credential assessment organization to assess the education. It takes MONTHS until a response is given. The assessment includes the assessment organization, first of all, checking to see if the post secondary school is on an official list, and then contacting the school to verify to see if the student, was in fact, a student of that school who graduated.

Learn here.

Edited by marcus

Meanwhile in the UK, where they are not shutting everything down and keeping kids at home, Boris Johnson's chief scientist has a very different view.

Vallance said it's impossible to prevent everybody from contracting the coronavirus, adding that from a public health standpoint, it is not something that is desirable either. 

In order to decrease the virulence of it in the future, he said a significant number of people need to be exposed to the virus now so they can develop immunity.

Guest ProudConservative
16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

WTF, are you going on about, all this time you spend on here posting crap, is time you could be spending digging your bunker, or washing in bleach...not even sure what nut job media site is filling that brain of yours, Guys like you are responsible for all the panic thats going on today, empty stores, etc....over what a virous with maybe a 3.5 % kill rate...shit cancer kills well over 300,000 a year in north America, and no body even blinks...you need to get a grip on your life, and stop spreading fear....before you end up wearing a straight jacket or worse.

Do you know how arrogant you sound? You seem angry because you can't find toilet paper... It would be more convenient if the old people, would just shut up and die.19.thumb.jpg.9f5b46d40f7ef03dc5544c4f9d122940.jpg

Do you want to know why everyone's afraid, because no one can find any protective equipment. No one can find and masks. Do you know why Hong Kong has no new cases, because everyone is wearing masks. The Hong Kong government took it serious, so people don't have to panic.

We didn't even bother to stockpile proper gear for our Doctors.... So when this thing hits, don't blame people like me who want to change policy.

All i'm suggesting is that we think about designing new equipment, so our Dr's don't end up with blisters on their face.

China3.thumb.jpg.7d2e35fb47ddb674fc4a4dd5536b5996.jpg

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
16 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Wishful thinking is a helluva drug. Your faith in masks is misguided.

Well if mask reduces the infection rate by 75%, the exponential growth curve collapses. But I don't have complete confidence in masks, that's why i'm suggesting... that we design affordable biosuits... That be stockpiles, and ready for the next pandemic.

Why does Hong Kong only have 149 Cases, while Norway has 1,282. Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places on earth.

If they could mass produce something like this, it would cause far less damage to the economy.... Than doing country wide quarantines.

If everyone wore something like this for 3 weeks, the virus would burn itself out.

19.thumb.jpg.9f5b46d40f7ef03dc5544c4f9d122940.jpg

11 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Well if mask reduces the infection rate by 75%, the exponential growth curve collapses. But I don't have complete confidence in masks, that's why i'm suggesting... that we design affordable biosuits... That be stockpiles, and ready for the next pandemic.

Why does Hong Kong only have 149 Cases, while Norway has 1,282. Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places on earth.

If they could mass produce something like this, it would cause far less damage to the economy.... Than doing country wide quarantines.

If everyone wore something like this for 3 weeks, the virus would burn itself out.

17.thumb.jpg.4f9325f9f867d07dd2996b5596f25172.jpg

That wouldn't solve the problem at all and hazmat suits do not come cheap, this mass manufacturing of them so everyone can wear one is a total pipe dream, they can't mass manufacture masks for everyone, let alone hazmat suits dude, they are far harder to produce and far more expensive to produce than you seem to think.

Also masks do not reduce the infection rate by 75%, you just wish they did.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest ProudConservative
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That wouldn't solve the problem at all. Masks do not reduce the infection rate by 75%, you just wish they did.

Well it seems to be working for Hong Kong... They been sitting under around 100 cases for weeks. 

They only have 4 deaths. Italy has 1809.

The Masks seem to be working, and almost everyone can go to work in Hong Kong.

4 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Well it seems to be working for Hong Kong... They been sitting under around 100 cases for weeks. 

They only have 4 deaths. Italy has 1809.

The Masks seem to be working, and almost everyone can go to work in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is not doing as you are suggesting. They don't have masks for everyone in Hong Kong, nor do they have hazmat suits for everyone in Hong Kong. Their infection rate is not explained by masks, you just think it is, based on no evidence whatsoever other than your own personal hunch, which is based purely on wishful thinking. There is lots to be learned from how Hong Kong has handled the situation, but you are pulling all the wrong lessons from it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest ProudConservative
3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Hong Kong is not doing as you are suggesting.  It's not the masks, you just think it is based on no evidence whatsoever.

So you don't want Canada to spend more money on personal protective gear? Would you prefer to act heartless like Army Guy, because you get more offended by optics, than trying to prevent millions of people from dying?

4 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

So you don't want Canada to spend more money on personal protective gear? Would you prefer to heartless like Army Guy, who gets more offended by optics than saving lives? Do you want everyone to shut up, and just expect the boomers to die?

I think Canada spending more money on personal protective gear, isn't going to have the effect you think it will. I think governments are going way too far to pander to panic monkey's like you, and they aren't saving lives by doing so, they are just virtue signaling to rubes. If you think the government isn't doing enough and they are under-reacting, you're the problem.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Guest ProudConservative
3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I think Canada spending more money on personal protective gear, isn't going to have the effect you think it will. I think governments are going way too far to pander to panic monkey's like you, and they aren't saving lives by doing so, they are just virtue signaling to rubes.

So wearing masks during a pandemic, is virtue signalling?

3 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

So wearing masks is offensive to you, and virtue signalling?

No. Wearing masks is ineffective and it makes me laugh that people think they are reducing their chances of infection to any significant degree by wearing them. Wear one if you want, it won't do you any good, washing your hands and not touching your face is infinitely more effective than any mask you can wear. Focusing on the masks is asinine, masks are not the answer.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Guest ProudConservative
4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No. Wearing masks is ineffective and it makes me laugh that people think they are reducing their chances of infection to any significant degree by wearing them.

Ok please give me your sources, that wearing masks do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of covid 19?

11 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Ok please give me your sources, that wearing masks do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of covid 19?

I never said it does absolutely nothing, I said there are infinitely more effective measures, because masks do not prevent the most common ways the virus is transferred. Washing your hands, works better than any mask, not touching your face, works better than any mask, and if you come in contact with the virus and don't get it on your hands and touch your face, a mask will not save you.

Stop focusing on masks dude. Masks are for helping to prevent you from spreading the virus to others, they don't not prevent the virus from being spread to you. A better method to prevent from spreading the virus to others is self isolation, quarantine and not going out in public, going out in public wearing a mask is far more likely to spread the virus even on that tip.  Masks are way down list of ways to effectively reduce the spread of the virus, your tunnel vision on them while ignoring for more important measures makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Guest ProudConservative
9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I never said it does absolutely nothing, I said there are infinitely more effective measures, because masks do not prevent the most common ways the virus is transferred. Washing your hands, works better than any mask, not touching your face, works better than any mask, and if you come in contact with the virus and don't get it on your hands and touch your face, a mask will not save you.

Stop focusing on masks dude. Masks are for preventing your from spreading the virus to others, they don't not prevent the virus from being spread to you. They are way down list of ways to effectively reduce the spread of the virus, your tunnel vision on them makes no sense whatsoever.

Let me explain exponential growth. If you start with 100 people and a virus grows by 2% a day, you get 137 723 cases after one year.

If the virus grows by 4%, you get 164 853 281 cases after one year.

So by having an infection rate that's twice as high, you end up with the same amount of cases, multiplied by 1196.

If the mask reduce the infection rate by 50%... you end up saving more than 99.9% who would otherwise become infected infected.

That's why a virus that kills 50% of the population is a lot less scary, than a virus that kills 5% of the population that is twice as contagious.

6 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Let me give you an example. If you start with 100 people and a virus grows by 2% a day, you get 137 723 cases after one year.

If the virus grows by 4%, you get 164 853 281 cases after one year.

So by having an infection rate that's twice as high, you end up with the same amount of cases, multiplied by 1196.

If the mask reduce the infection rate by 50%... you end up saving more than 99.9% of the people who could be infected.

The mask does not reduce the infection rate by 50%. Masks are one of the least effective measures at reducing the infection rate, you need to stop talking about them as if they are the most effective measure or anywhere close to it. Masks are only useful for helping preventing the people not wearing the masks from getting infected by those who are wearing them, they don't stop the people wearing them from getting the virus.

You wanting masks to work better than they do at reducing the impact of the virus, does not alter reality.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest ProudConservative
6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The mask does not reduce the infection rate by 50%. Masks are one of the least effective measures at reducing the infection rate, you need to stop talking about them as if they are the most effective measure or anywhere close to it.

You sound completely ignorant. Where are you getting your information from? The people who lied to you, and said masks have no effect because they wanted to protect the stock market? When I go one step future, and suggest we start making biosuits, people like you call it fear mongering. The only thing causing fear, is doing nothing, and allowing the virus to spread.

8 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

You sound completely ignorant. Where are you getting your information from? The people who lied to you, and said masks have no effect because the wanted to protect the stock market?

You sound completely ignorant. Where are you getting your information from? I got mine from those with real knowledge of the subject, you got yours from wishful thinking.

The virus is transferred most commonly by the getting the virus on your hands and then touching your face with those contaminated hands. Masks do not prevent that from happening, therefore other measures that cut off the most common route of infection are vastly more effective, it's not rocket surgery, but you have so little knowledge you are unable to grasp even the very basics.

Wearing gloves, disposing of those gloves without touching your face, washing your hands frequently, and not touching your face, these are all several orders of magnitude more effective than masks. Masks ain't shit.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest ProudConservative
5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You sound completely ignorant. Where are you getting your information from? I got mine from those with real knowledge of the subject, you got yours from wishful thinking.

The virus is transferred most commonly by the hands to the face, masks do not prevent that from happening, therefore other measures that cut off the most common route of infection are vastly more effective, it's not rocket surgery.

Why don't you joint Greta Thunberg, and having a celebration, since your priorities will cull the human population. Go help those radical leftist reduce global warming. Let's agree to witness as much death as possible.