Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

1 hour ago, ProudConservative said:

It's like the perfect bioweapon. Coronavirus doesn't kill too quickly, but it spreads like wildfire.... and then it starts to kill.

By next year will be in a great depression.

Containment is possible, with early and aggressive measures.  Trudeau needs to get on this, immediately. 

Edited by Moonlight Graham

An overwhelming majority of people infected end up surviving. Around 2% die and they are mostly the elderly and the weak. Just to give a perspective, at its peak, 50% of those who got Ebola died. The biggest problem with the coronavirus is that it's one of the most contagious and it spreads quickly. We're far away from hitting the peak. It's just getting started.

Here is a comparison between coronavirus and others.

Eat healthy, live healthy and stay safe.

Edited by marcus
  • Like 2

Guest ProudConservative

There was no need to create the coronavirus. There was an alternative. "Scream at the top of your lungs".

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

I just don't know how 1 person mangaged to infect 705 people on a cruise ship, who were locked in their rooms. There is probably thousands of people sick surrounding us, and they're becomeing more infective by the day. There is no chance of containment, unless every country agrees to quarantine their citizens for 2 weeks... We would probably have to go though multiple rounds of quarantine to stop this thing.

Any politician who hasn't already made coronavirus their number one priority, is commiting treason. We're in the start of a pandemic. Now is the time to pass emegency laws and threaten severe prision from anyone who blocks national infrastructure. The world health organization says that if you're over 60, don't go to crowded areas.

Edited by ProudConservative

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Betsy you'll be just fine, find friends or family and stick together, pool your resources, and try to stay secluded, and away form others  ...you'll know when the country starts to panic to much , it'll be all over the media …… what he means is leaving the cities as the larger the  population area the more people will be competing for the same resources, food, gas, shelter, water...... but you also risk not being near those other resources such as hospitals, or doctors, for medical assistance.... stock up on some food, dry goods, cans stuff, and have medications topped of, maybe buy some flu type meds as well to help with those symptoms...And you'll be fine... 

At our age - staying put will be the best option for us.  We live in a subarban city, and our neighborhood is the kind where neighbors help one another.

18 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

If people run out of food, there is going to be no deer left in southern ontario. I was thinking of heading to James Bay... plenty of fish in those lakes.

Lol.  You do realize.................. you're advertising where people should go?

They'll be following you north! They'll meet up with you too at James Bay! :lol:

Edited by betsy

16 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Town folks have the romantic notion that they'll 'live off the land' . . . . . naive and idealistic.  This notion, if acted upon, often ends badly.  Leave the bush to the folks that know how to live there.  For experienced bush folks, life ain't all that great . . . .  

I don't have any firearms .... 

If SHTF - as in real survival scenario - traipsing in the countryside will be extremely dangerous for city folks!   Country folks will be guarding their domain!

Lol, remember..................country folks have the requisite rifles!  Anti-gun advocates won't stand a chance!

Edited by betsy
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

America could invade Canada to help stablize our country, after the collapse.

.....as long as it's Trump, and not a Democrat.   Especially not Sanders, or tired Joe!   I'm okay with that.   :D

That way,  we can re-open the abortion issue!

Edited by betsy

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

How about mass round the clock prayer for God to work a miracle? It's certainly better than singing Kumbaya - we probably wouldn't want to hold hands that's for sure.

Prayers could work......and maybe, not.   Whatever the will of God, it will be done.

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, -TSS- said:

It is a difficult balancing act avoiding creating hysteria while being updated on what's going on. In Finland the authorities have chosen the "no worries, not gonna affect us"-approach.

However, as we are living in the 2020's people are not reliant on our own brainwashing company to provide news and learn how in other countries there are drastic measures taken people just don't trust our feminist government.

Common sense helps. Trust yourself TSS.

Edited by Rue

19 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

You're the one whose freaking out, I smoke, I drink, and I'm old, I could keel over dead from a massive heart attack at any moment for all I know, coronavirus doesn't scare me.

deleted

Edited by Rue

20 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

What I need to stock up on, is whiskey and tobacco, as the government enforces a monopoly on that,  if I'm desperate for food, I walk into the woods here and shoot a deer.

Hey, maybe they knew this was coming and thats why they over produced on pot and now have warehouses full of it?

Any day now rumours will start to spread that the only way to avoid this plague is to stay high as giraffe pussy.

Edited by Iceni warrior
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Hey, maybe they knew this was coming and thats why they over produced on pot and now have warehouses full of it?

Any day now rumours will start to spread that the only way to avoid this plague is to stay high as giraffe pussy.

Lol.  Trudeau admin  must know it's gonna be a bumpy ride with him - that's why the first thing to do was make everybody legally high!

Lol.  When you're stoned with a foolish grin on your face - bring on the brimstones,  you're still gonna be happy! :lol:

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, betsy said:

Lol.  Trudeau admin  must know it's gonna be a bumpy ride with him - that's why the first thing to do was make everybody legally high!

Lol.  When you're stoned with a foolish grin on your face - bring on the brimstones,  you're still gonna be happy! :lol:

Might be a good time to buy Cadbury and Nestle shares.

Edited by Iceni warrior

9 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

The WHO alread said "the world needs to wake up". We must stop the spread of the virus. It should be illegal to protest during pandemics. Where is our war measures act?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/elementary-school-teachers-phase-6-strike-action-1.5479652

You need to relax, all your doing is spreading fear, unrest and spreading this panic, grab a beer and sit down take a breath....Blatting on about how the end is near is nothing except a waste valuable oxygen , want to run around with your hair on fire fine, look after yourself and family, everything else is a waste of your time. Your not helping anyone, here except spreading this fear about nothing more than the flu really....panic is contagious ...

2 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

In the event of breakdown of civil order, you just raid the grow ups, there's one down the road from me here which is the size of a small airport.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

In the event of breakdown of civil order, you just raid the grow ups, there's one down the road from me here which is the size of a small airport.

Well, when you do, don't forget to post some to your poor criminalised cousins on the other side of the pond.

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Leamington Ontario,  Greenhouse Ground Zero.

greenhouse+glass.jpg

So civilised in the Nanny State. I have to rely on trafficed Vietnamese growers or brave men smuggling hash from the nearest Arab nation.

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Not really,  they are squandering their head start by vastly over regulating, hence the entire Canadian cannabis industry will end up being bought out by free market Americans

If I lived in such an enlightened country I would just grow my own.