Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

Well I'm surrounded by about 70% brown people.... And lots of these clowns are going to our stores now, coughing and not covering their mouths. Thanks to multiculturalism, we have to deal with thousands of people coming into our airports from all over the world... and most of them arn't wearing masks.

So i'm not going into any GTA stores... I'm driving to Haliburton to buy my food next month.

Edited by ProudConservative

Also bear in mind  on using a mask : you can be contaminated through your eyes, so covering your mouth and nose is not going to be sufficient

For a defensive mask, you have to go with the full face shield, like they do in the Ebola hot zone.

Thing is, if you touch something and then touch your face after, it just bypassed all your masks, hence why masks are not really persistent

14 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Well I'm surrounded by about 70% brown people.... And lots of these clowns are going to our stores now, coughing and not covering their mouths. Thanks to multiculturalism, we have to deal with thousands of people coming into our airports from all over the world... and most of them arn't wearing masks.

So i'm not going into any GTA stores... I'm driving to Haliburton to buy my food next month.

Image result for idiot

Edited by Rue

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re not wrong.  There’s always something.  As a child in the 70’s it was fear of nuclear holocaust.  We had about a decade after the fall of the Soviet Union when everything seemed to be getting better, just about.  After 911 we began living under fear of terrorism.  Now it’s fear of extinction.  I do think we have to take all these threats seriously without letting them paralyze us or spoil the many great achievements: longer lives, better health, higher living standards, etc.   We just have to remember moderation and the hard work that made all these achievements possible.  Shutting down and waiting for others to fix everything is counterproductive.  I think we have a duty to be positive and productive.  

With the flu alone every year since the 90's at flu season we have an end of the world by flu story. Do not forget aids, zeka, swine flu,  all the other viruses that each year people panic over not to mention Trump was doing to blow us up in Iran, have a nuclear war with North Korea, there was anthrax,  like you said nuclear threats, on and on. Hey we were all to be blown up in 1999 when it turned 2000,  and don't forget the second sun on a collision course with us, the Mayan prediction we'd blow up, on and on.

Then again the person who started this thread has shown everyone with his latest comments about brown people and multiculturalism what we are dealing with.

He's an inspid troll. He started a thread to be a racist and get attention with stupid hysterical moronic comments.,

53 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Yes, we’re at the very beginning of this, so the rate will fluctuate. Hopefully, the Chinese didn’t count all their asymptomatic cases and hospital care elsewhere may be better too, bringing down the fatality rate. Even 0.7% would be much higher than flu. 

You make it sound like 1 % death rate is a great big deal. I don't think it is. The total number of deaths worldwide is sitting around 3000. The vast majority of infections and deaths is in China.

Meanwhile in Canada the flu kills a minimum of 3000 per year. In the USA, it kills up to 50,000 per year. That is just in one country alone, and nobody cares.

Finally we can see by this graph that the outbreak has plateaued in China, the number of new cases has stopped increasing. Also the number of recoveries is increasing exponentially.

covid-19-cases.jpg

You could extend the graph into the future, and see where the two graphs (cases, recovered) join. At that point the number of recoveries is equal to the number of cases. Using the date scale on the bottom, this will occur within 2-4 weeks.

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Even 0.7% would be much higher than flu. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/flu-influenza/health-professionals.htmlEpidemiology of influenza in Canada

Each year in Canada, it is estimated that influenza causes approximately:

• 12,200 hospitalizations
  • 3,500 deaths

Keep in mind there are many strains. Some only cause minor discomfort, others are far more "virulent."

Guest ProudConservative

You can call me a racist, but I don't feel like going to a GTA store, knowing that tens of thousands of people just arrived from the Asian and the Middle east. Most of these fools are still not wearing masks at the airport, so I expect a massive breakout in the GTA.... unless Justin Trudeau decides to undertest people and just wait until the deaths go through the roof.

Viruses don't respect borders. This time it's the Chinese eating Bat's and butchering exotic animals with absolutely no sanitation. The next time, it will probably be from some African slum... Where people shit together on the beach, instead of respecting basic sanitation.

It's one thing to accept immigrants from the third world, it's another thing to let them fly back and forth, and import their diseases. You don't want me to be racist... Well maybe they can clean themselves up, and stop dumping raw sewage into their streets, and be more clean.

If I were prime minister, I would ban people from any country that doesn't practise basic sanitation.

I tell it like it is. Don't be afraid to speak the truth, just because someone calls you a racist. So what if you're a racist. We can't having unchecked multiculturalism, in the age of pandemics.

Edited by ProudConservative

18 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

My biggest fear is not the virus... I can stay inside for months.... My biggest fear is social unrest, and being trapped in a large city with no way out.... If that happenes, you're safer to leave the city, but you can have gangs breaking into homes looking for food, or the government confiscating food.

If it comes down to it, i'm going to head far north.... even if everything from my house gets stollen.

PM me your house address.

3 hours ago, Shady said:

Good point.  You can make a killing in the stock market right now.  There are so many undervalued stocks because of the sell off.  In 6 months they'll be back to what they were selling for.

Or not.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/flu-influenza/health-professionals.htmlEpidemiology of influenza in Canada

Keep in mind there are many strains. Some only cause minor discomfort, others are far more "virulent."

Sorry, I’m not sure what you are showing me in that large document. The fatality rate for flu in the US for 2019/2020 so far is estimated here at approximately 0.06%

Recent estimates indicate that of the 22 million flu cases in the US thus far, 210,000 hospitalizations have occurred, and 12,000 deaths have been reported. In total, there have been 78 pediatric deaths so far this season, with 10 new deaths reported last week.

https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/f...-million-in-us

The disease is not the corona virus, it's people panicking, whipped into a frenzy, and we have a long history of it in this country, remember Y2K, the world is going to come to a screeching halt even the government spent bils trying to find a fix, what happened, nothing ever happened, except a lot of panic...… how many other diseases have we faced that were much more deadly, Ebola any one in Africa ,not a peep....  lets not even mentioned climate change it gets the liberals worked up to a lather, spittle flying from their mouths....., This a virus, is driving everyone to the bunkers , stock market is in a huge correction, which of course is driving more panic. borders are closed in some countries, in Canada you now have a hard time buying masks, and yet how many have died world wide....and the entire globe is in panic mode....

1000 times more people die of smoking every year in Canada alone.. world wide the number gets to amazing levels,  and all we do is light em up !!!!....drunk drivers kill more in Canada than this virus has world wide....Hold me beer and watch this.... no one is panicking over any of those.... but someone dies of the flu and stock markets start to plunge..., store shelves start to empty... someone hit the panic button 

Being prepared is a good thing, after the ice storms most Canadians should at least be prepared to live within their homes for at least a couple weeks  to a month....thats not panic, thats common sense, we live in the north...…. 

50 minutes ago, Shady said:

Yes.

The stock market returned to normal and then took a deep dive again.

The problem here is nobody knows what's going to happen. Ebola and Bird flu never made it to the west, and SARS was short-lived. If this makes it out into the general population it's going to be here for a long time and that's going to have a big impact on people's spending habits. No more sports stadiums, movie theaters, concerts, theme parks, no more going near crowds, period. No one will want to get near a crowded bus or train. No one is going to be taking cruises or even flying around much. Tourism plummeting, etc. etc. Not to mention all the disruption created by workers staying home.

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Masks and hand sanitizer doesn't work, the vector of contamination is from your hands to your face.

The defensive measure is to wear surgical gloves and don't touch your face.

The gloves also remind you not to touch your face, which you do far more than you notice.

The mask is there to prevent you from touching your face (nose and mouth area).

Edited by betsy

What happens if you are infected and have to self-isolate?  What can you do - just wait for it to run its course just like a common cold?

If you're running out of some essential supplies, and you can't go to stores - will stores deliver?

Edited by betsy

24 minutes ago, betsy said:

The mask is there to prevent you from touching your face (nose and mouth area).

No, the mask is for you to not infect a patient while you are administering aid, it serves no protective function for the wearer.

In actual fact, the masks make people touch their faces more, because they are constantly fiddling with the mask, look at it under UV light and it will be covered in fingerprints

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Argus said:

No more sports stadiums, movie theaters, concerts, theme parks, no more going near crowds, period. No one will want to get near a crowded bus or train. No one is going to be taking cruises or even flying around much. Tourism plummeting, etc. etc. 

Good