Pipeline protestors need to be jailed

Argus

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

800 arrests basically stopped logging where I lived.

There does come a point when governments give up.

Let them give up and stop protecting the protesters and things would end real fast. Only the OPP standing in the way of people kept the Caledonia protest - and protesters  - alive as long as it did. Without the OPP all those protestors would have been dead in a ditch. Even in the lefty city of Vancouver the protestors would get bashed and thrown aside if the police weren't protecting them.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

It's entirely feasible. Jam them into cages and leave them there. None of them are worth anything anyway.

You just get home from a Trump rally or something?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Let them give up and stop protecting the protesters and things would end real fast. Only the OPP standing in the way of people kept the Caledonia protest - and protesters  - alive as long as it did. Without the OPP all those protestors would have been dead in a ditch. Even in the lefty city of Vancouver the protestors would get bashed and thrown aside if the police weren't protecting them.

Too bad we don't have any 2nd Amendment folks eh?  I'm curious about why you're so eager to empower the same dictatorship you otherwise spend all day warning people about?

Send Alberta's oil east, south, refine it where it is or better yet leave it in the ground. But sending it to China just seems nuts on all counts. I doubt they'll process bitumen or burn the finished products in environmentally responsible ways and yeah, empowering the biggest most aggressive dictatorship on the planet, in the mood this world is in right now, just seems completely insane.

I can't help but wonder if protesters were blocking oil pipelines for that reason that the government probably would unleash the scoops.  There's a 'good' reason why dictators have enjoyed a renaissance in terms of acceptability and respectability in the west in recent years.

Edited by eyeball
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shady said:

I’d just have the ministry of finance enforce the fine and garnish wages.

The moment your strategy to fine became apparent would be when people would show up without ID meaning you'd still have to arrest everyone and then spend even more time figuring out who was who. A strategy of passive utterly uncooperative resistance whereby protesters basically just become like a thick coating of gunk that slows down everything will work.  It just depends on the level of resistance.  I saw it at work and it worked.

There were a few people like Argus who called for the RCMP to let counter-protesters take care of things and a few who were on the brink of doing so but I suspect all it would have done is harden protesters feelings while increasing their numbers of sympathizers.

Edited by eyeball

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The moment your strategy to fine became apparent would be when people would show up without ID meaning you'd still have to arrest everyone and then spend even more time figuring out who was who. A strategy of passive utterly uncooperative resistance whereby protesters basically just become like a thick coating of gunk that slows down everything will work.  It just depends on the level of resistance.  I saw it at work and it worked.

There were a few people like Argus who called for the RCMP to let counter-protesters take care of things and a few who were on the brink of doing so but I suspect all it would have done is harden protesters feelings while increasing their numbers of sympathizers.

No, not at all.  Finger print or facial recognition technology can easily identify people.  Regardless, why are you defending lawlessness?  Would you feel the same about people doing something similar to an abortion clinic?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

No, not at all.  Finger print or facial recognition technology can easily identify people.  Regardless, why are you defending lawlessness?  

Because I'm basically an anarchist whose convinced we have nothing to lose because we're going over a cliff otherwise.  Besides I have grandkids so...

Would you feel the same about people doing something similar to an abortion clinic?

No feel free to scoop those fucking assholes. And yes I do drive my car to the climate change rally - by myself in the HOV lane if I feel like it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Because I'm basically an anarchist whose convinced we have nothing to lose because we're going over a cliff otherwise.  Besides I have grandkids so...

No feel free to scoop those fucking assholes. And yes I do drive my car to the climate change rally - by myself in the HOV lane if I feel like it.

That’s what I figured.  You’re an unserious person.  A so-called anarchist sometimes, a government lap dog other times.

3 hours ago, Shady said:

That’s what I figured.  You’re an unserious person.  A so-called anarchist sometimes,

Sure I'm serious and have a very rational reason for feeling anarchic. I would certainly prefer law and order along with scientific evidenced based policy but in lieu of that I'd prefer total global socio-economic collapse and sooner rather than later.

a government lap dog other times.

:lol:

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

DO you think it is really that easy, once arrested they confine you , until you agree to pay a bond or someone else agrees to pay the bond, if not and they can't ID you, or your not paying well there is your bunk have a nice stay...if you do pay the bond but don't show up to court they place an arrest warrant out for you, where once rearrested you go to jail until the court decides what to do with you....in the mean time they are locked up , no more protesting for you....problem solved have you meet bubba your new roommates. 

• Like 1

While I generally understand and respect First nations, I would like to ask this tiny minority where are their protests in support of the Kootenai first nation who have never ceeded their traditional homeland in South-Western Alberta they were forcibly removed from by the Blackfeet? What about the Sinixt nation who were enslaved and forced from their traditional lands in the northern west Kootenay by the Shushwap, or the genocide of the first nation in the eastern arctic at the hands of the Inuit? Slavery, colonialism, and genocide are not activities confined to Europeans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

DO you think it is really that easy, once arrested they confine you , until you agree to pay a bond or someone else agrees to pay the bond, if not and they can't ID you, or your not paying well there is your bunk have a nice stay...if you do pay the bond but don't show up to court they place an arrest warrant out for you, where once rearrested you go to jail until the court decides what to do with you....in the mean time they are locked up , no more protesting for you....problem solved have you meet bubba your new roommates. 

Now multiply that by a couple thousand, 5000, 10000... the province gave up after 800 hereabouts.

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

While I generally understand and respect First nations, I would like to ask this tiny minority where are their protests in support of the Kootenai first nation who have never ceeded their traditional homeland in South-Western Alberta they were forcibly removed from by the Blackfeet? What about the Sinixt nation who were enslaved and forced from their traditional lands in the northern west Kootenay by the Shushwap, or the genocide of the first nation in the eastern arctic at the hands of the Inuit? Slavery, colonialism, and genocide are not activities confined to Europeans.

Well, I guess by that token Canada is free to invade the Wet'suwet'en and settle it the traditional way.

It’s getting dangerous.  

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-canada-is-turning-into-a-mob-city-while-trudeau-remains-silent

Read the above article and then read the brilliant comment posted below it:

https://nationalpost.com/news/john-ivison-canada-is-turning-into-a-mob-city-while-trudeau-remains-silent?__vfz=medium%3Dcomment_share#vf-57e150e9-95ca-434d-9fe8-049746a97674

This is major.  Trudeau better get on the job of leading, up to and including War Measures Act.  Let’s see if he can summon “Just watch me.”  If not, I worry for this country.  

• Like 2