Do You Believe in Man-Made Climate Change?

Guest ProudConservative

2 minutes ago, ironstone said:

1. Hey Michael, does the planet only have about 10-12 years before we all die?
2. Are you totally on board with that assertion??

1. No way.
2. I'd like to see proof of that, if people are saying it.  I doubt any scientist did.  More like a hysterical environmentalist.  Scientists do make unfounded statements, from time to time, but it's a tiny percentage of what I see online.

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Never heard of Stossel.  

Looked him up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stossel#Criticism_and_controversy

Save me some time, does he quote published papers ?  

Please note I don't quote Al Gore, either, when posting about Climate Change.  This tendency to go with a 'talking head' because you like their politics is the beginning of the end...

• Like 1

There have been countless "published papers" on man made climate change over the years. Many wild predictions have been made in the past by scientists and many of these predictions never became reality. Like virtually everyone else on this planet I am constantly bombarded with climate change alarmism. It comes from politicians, billionaires and Hollywood celebrities, all of whom have huge carbon footprints.

We are told that there are more tornadoes and hurricanes than ever before. More severe flooding. Global cooling? Then global warming? Now just all encompassing climate change?

There is no 97% consensus among scientists as it turns out. Another false claim endlessly repeated.

Biden linking tornadoes to ‘climate change’ called ‘utter bullsh*t’ – ‘Directly opposite to the clear observational evidence’ – Dec tornadoes not rare – Tornadoes blamed on global cooling in 1970s | Climate Depot

Governments getting even more control over our daily lives and wealth redistribution are much more prominent in the future.

19 minutes ago, ironstone said:

1. There have been countless "published papers" on man made climate change over the years. Many wild predictions have been made in the past by scientists and many of these predictions never became reality.

2. Like virtually everyone else on this planet I am constantly bombarded with climate change alarmism. It comes from politicians, billionaires and Hollywood celebrities, all of whom have huge carbon footprints.

3. We are told that there are more tornadoes and hurricanes than ever before. More severe flooding. Global cooling? Then global warming? Now just all encompassing climate change?

4. etc.

1. I'm sure you have heard this, but what are the specifics ?  The IPCC does an average of the predictions and takes scenarios into account.  In 1990 they predicted .2C per decade if some actions were taken to mitigate CO2 growth.
https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/05/ipcc_90_92_assessments_far_wg_I_spm.pdf

And it looks pretty close if you look at 1990 to 2020:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-temperature

2. Yes, climate change alarmism a real thing, but you have to look at it in detail - it's not all baseless but it's not all based either.  

3. There's no basis for global cooling in the published science. As for extreme weather, the media assumes that it's climate change whether or not the science says that.

4. Yeah, I won't be quoting Biden or whatever either.  If you can quote me real scientists who publish contrasting opinions (and yes there are some) then I can look at them.  But too many videos and conspiracy theories for my taste.

https://tinyurl.com/michaelhardnerclimate

That's my take, enjoy it or not.  

• 4 weeks later...

Is man having an affect on Earth's climate? It does appear we are. Is this affect something to be concerned about? That's debatable. There's an old saying...'Don't throw away your old shoes, before you have a new pair.'

I'm OK with people who say man is warming the climate somewhat. We probably are.

I am not OK with morons who act like the sky is falling right now and that we have to eliminate all fossil fuel burning for energy immediately. These people are both stupid and dangerous.

Man will find a way to replace fossil fuels as an energy source. When we do, we can, by all means, replace the fossil fuel generators and such. But to do so before we have a replacement...is plain old stupid.

So let's try not being stupid...mkaaayyy...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, Guest ProudConservative said:

I definetly there're opportunist who will use climate change as an excuse for government control, but i'm starting to doubt that climate change isn't real. Toronto is feeling about 5 degree warming than most winters. You can't build things out of snow, or they will melt.

There are concentrated capital interests exerting control upon your government.  And we've known about this threat to humanity since at least the 1980's.