Do You Believe in Man-Made Climate Change?

Guest ProudConservative

18 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Big bang theory.  Just because someone tells you something that doesn't mean you must believe it. 

Would you believe me if I told you I once caught a leprechaun?  

18 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Big bang theory.  Just because someone tells you something that doesn't mean you must believe it. 

Would you believe me if I told you I once caught a leprechaun?  

The Big Bang theory is just that a theory.  It is faulty for a number of reasons.  An explosion does not create order.  It creates chaos.  The big bang theory does not even attempt to explain where it all came from and how order was created out of chaos.    The universe is an orderly creation.  The sub atomic particles, energy, molecules and laws of physics all work together.  This demonstrates an infinitely high intelligence, or God who created it all.  All these particles and laws that govern them could not have come about by a cosmic accident.  Science does not begin to address that because there is no explanation apart from God.

If you looked into why the Bible is authoritative, you might find out why.  But until you do that, we're really beating a dead horse.

Edited by blackbird

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Big Bang theory is just that a theory.  It is faulty for a number of reasons.  An explosion does not create order.  It creates chaos.  The big bang theory does not even attempt to explain where it all came from and how order was created out of chaos.    The universe is an orderly creation.  The sub atomic particles, energy, molecules and laws of physics all work together.  This demonstrates an infinitely high intelligence, or God who created it all.  All these particles and laws that govern them could not have come about by a cosmic accident.  Science does not begin to address that because there is no explanation apart from God.

If you looked into why the Bible is authoritative, you might find out why.  But until you do that, we're really beating a dead horse.

https://www.livescience.com/63854-stephen-hawking-says-no-god.html

As far as I can see the Bible is authoritive to justify money collection that builds golden cities while people live in poverty and die of starvation.  

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.livescience.com/63854-stephen-hawking-says-no-god.html

As far as I can see the Bible is authoritive to justify money collection that builds golden cities while people live in poverty and die of starvation.  

Stephen Hawking was a die-hard atheist.  He is the last person on earth to listen to.   You don't have to give any church any money to investigate and find out where the Bible came from.   All you have to do is Google authority of the Bible or Is the Bible authority and start reading some of the articles.   You can find that out without spending a cent just by reading about it on the internet.  There is lots of evidence in the Bible itself.  One is fulfilled prophecy.  A prediction about a future event could only be done on a consistent basis if it came from God.  The Bible does that.

There are many fulfilled prophecies.  Google Bible prophecies fulfilled and you will find them.

Here is one:

"Daniel 9:25 – “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks of years and sixty-two weeks of years”

In this prophecy, Daniel is claiming that there will be 69 weeks of years between the issuing of a decree to rebuild Jerusalem and the appearance of the Messiah. Now keep in mind that this bold prediction came 538 years before Christ was born.

Now let’s investigate a little history, OK? In 464 BC, Artaxerxes, a Persian king, ascended to the throne. His twentieth year as king would be 464 BC. Nehemiah, the Jewish cupbearer to King Artaxerxes, was deeply concerned with the reports about the ruined condition of Jerusalem which came about as the result of their being defeated (Nehemiah 1:1-4) and as a result, he petitioned the king:

>Nehemiah 2:5,6 – “Send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it. So it pleased the king to send me”.

Scripture then provides us with the exact date of this decree to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem. According to the scriptures the decree is issued “in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king” (Nehemiah 2:1). The Jewish calendar month was Nisan, and since no day is given, it is reasonable to assume that the date would be understood as the first, the Jewish New Year’s Day. And, in the Julian calendar we presently use, the corresponding date would be March 5, 444 B.C. This was the day on which the decree was issued to restore and rebuild Jerusalem."   - List Of Bible Prophecies Fulfilled | Believers Portal

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Stephen Hawking was a die-hard atheist.  He is the last person on earth to listen to.   You don't have to give any church any money to investigate and find out where the Bible came from.   All you have to do is Google authority of the Bible or Is the Bible authority and start reading some of the articles.   You can find that out without spending a cent just by reading about it on the internet.  There is lots of evidence in the Bible itself.  One is fulfilled prophecy.  A prediction about a future event could only be done on a consistent basis if it came from God.  The Bible does that.

There are many fulfilled prophecies.  Google Bible prophecies fulfilled and you will find them.

Here is one:

"Daniel 9:25 – “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks of years and sixty-two weeks of years”

In this prophecy, Daniel is claiming that there will be 69 weeks of years between the issuing of a decree to rebuild Jerusalem and the appearance of the Messiah. Now keep in mind that this bold prediction came 538 years before Christ was born.

Now let’s investigate a little history, OK? In 464 BC, Artaxerxes, a Persian king, ascended to the throne. His twentieth year as king would be 464 BC. Nehemiah, the Jewish cupbearer to King Artaxerxes, was deeply concerned with the reports about the ruined condition of Jerusalem which came about as the result of their being defeated (Nehemiah 1:1-4) and as a result, he petitioned the king:

>Nehemiah 2:5,6 – “Send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it. So it pleased the king to send me”.

Scripture then provides us with the exact date of this decree to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem. According to the scriptures the decree is issued “in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king” (Nehemiah 2:1). The Jewish calendar month was Nisan, and since no day is given, it is reasonable to assume that the date would be understood as the first, the Jewish New Year’s Day. And, in the Julian calendar we presently use, the corresponding date would be March 5, 444 B.C. This was the day on which the decree was issued to restore and rebuild Jerusalem."   - List Of Bible Prophecies Fulfilled | Believers Portal

So basically the bible tells you that its own prophecy came to be exactly as it predicted, but gives no evidence to support its claims.  Good to know.  

BTW we are way off topic about climate change.  

Edited by Cannucklehead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

People who deny human-caused climate change, which Shady evidently is not.

I deny catastrophic human-caused global warming as a well supported imminent phenomena or as something that can be or must be mitigated if it ever is shown to be imminent.

Would that fit your definition.

Because if it doesn't then it doesn't really matter if Shady believes humans cause some warming and that might modify some global climate somehow. There would be no need to discuss it other than as something that might or might not occur and who knows maybe someday humans might even be able to do something about it. Doubtful though.

8 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

So basically the Bible tells you that its own prophecy came to be exactly as it predicted, but gives no evidence to support its claims.  Good to know.  

BTW we are way off topic about climate change.  

You missed the fact that the Bible was written over a period of 1,600 years and the prophecies (predictions) were written by the prophets who lived long before the prophecy was fulfilled.  The Bible is not one book.  It is a collection of many books written by many different prophets and apostles.  The Old Testament was completed about 2,400 years ago.  So the book with the prophecy about the Messiah was written centuries before Christ came.  It's fulfillment is described in the gospels written in the first century A.D.  That prophecy was fulfilled hundreds of years after it was given in the book of Daniel.

If something is prophesied centuries before it happened by one prophet and then centuries later recorded that it happened, it is clear that it is a fulfilled prophecy.  There is no gimmick and no way it was anything but a future event fortold by a writer inspired by God.

Edited by blackbird

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You missed the fact that the Bible was written over a period of 1,600 years and the prophecies (predictions) were written by the prophets who lived long before the prophecy was fulfilled.  The Bible is not one book.  It is a collection of many books written by many different prophets and apostles.  The Old Testament was completed about 2,400 years ago.  So the book with the prophecy about the Messiah was written centuries before Christ came.  It's fulfillment is described in the gospels written in the first century A.D.  That prophecy was fulfilled hundreds of years after it was given in the book of Daniel.

Firstly:

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.

Secondly, who's to say that a group of people didn't act according to what was prophecized to make it appear to be a "prophetic miracle"? 

Thirdly, climate change.....

Edited by Cannucklehead

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Isn't that what democracy and freedom of speech is all about. 

Yes, but I believe in Freedom of Sense...

Why would you open with a religious argument to someone who you don't even know is religious... maybe 25% of people believe in creationism.  But .... nice try.  

26 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Firstly:

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.

Secondly, who's to say that a group of people didn't act according to what was prophecized to make it appear to be a "prophetic miracle"? 

Thirdly, climate change.....

I tried to explain that climate change, God and the Bible are all inter-related.  God is in control of events.  Man cannot control such things as climate change.  

The fact that Daniel prophesied the coming of Christ in Daniel 9:25 KJB  and this was fulfilled centuries later could not be rigged because Daniel lived about 600 years before Christ.  Daniel prophesied "25  Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks."  Daniel 9:25 KJB    Now, Bible scholars say one week of years refers to 7 years.  So if you multiply 7 weeks plus 62 weeks, that is, 69 X 7 = 453 years.  From the time Jerusalem was restored and rebuilt was exactly 453 years to the time of Christ's birth.  There is no way this is a scam.  It is just a plain fact that happened exactly as foretold in the Hebrew Bible five centuries earlier.  This proves the authority of the Bible and the fact God inspired men to write it.  It is undeniable.  Check the prophecy in Isaiah chapter 53.  This also is a prophecy about Christ and described what happened to Christ.  The prophet Isaiah lived during the time of several kings of Israel mentioned in Isaiah 1:1, believed to be around 740 B.C.  or more than 700 years before Christ came.

So what does this have to do with climate change or global warming.  Plenty.  What I showed you proves that Bible is true and God is in control.  God mentions nothing about man-made climate change.  Climate has always occurred, is a natural change, and is under God's control.  No need to run around claiming the sky is falling.  There is no climate emergency that we can do anything about.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, The Messenger said:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Maybe one of you geniuses can show me a graph detailing how many of you have your thumb up your butt!

German

Reunification

Enabled

Environmental

Nazism

Have fun dealing with these  people...I'm leaving this planet!

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out...

On 2/22/2021 at 4:38 PM, blackbird said:

I tried to explain that climate change, God and the Bible are all inter-related.  God is in control of events.  Man cannot control such things as climate change.  

So what does this have to do with climate change or global warming.  Plenty.  What I showed you proves that Bible is true and God is in control.  God mentions nothing about man-made climate change.  Climate has always occurred, is a natural change, and is under God's control.  No need to run around claiming the sky is falling.  There is no climate emergency that we can do anything about.

Can't resist: 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Agreed, but there is still enough evidence for us to gather a response.
2. Alarmists are taking about political action and I agree that people have to be ready for a political response at this time.  I don't agree with anyone making extreme and dishonest claims but to my mind we have seen far more of those from the Climate DENIAL camp - and I use that term expressly here as opposed to skeptists.
3. Yes, China has to be reined in but they are able to move so much more quickly than democratic countries also, and politics are not a concern for them.  

Let's keep in mind that in terms of historical CO2 contributions alone, as of two years ago, the US had dumped more than twice as much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere as China. So, looking at total accumulated emissions, China still has some catching up to do.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, it cannot be stopped, for several reasons.  Just file this into another chapter for "climate change".

It is this kind of alarmist rhetoric that invites even more distrust and "denier" backlash.   99% of all species that have ever existed went extinct long before "anthropogenic warming".

Thanks for the nihilist approach! I'm going to die, so why not wish death upon the whole world.

2 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

Just all the complex multicellular life forms, as we descend back to the microbial world that existed prior to about one billion years ago. Yes, that sounds much better!

There was abundant flora and fauna diversity on earth at much higher CO2 concentration levels millions of years ago, rising and falling for many different reasons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There was abundant flora and fauna diversity on earth at much higher CO2 concentration levels millions of years ago, rising and falling for many different reasons.

Higher CO2 and other GHG levels in the deep past have no relation to recent millions of years, since the pattern for our planetary biosphere has been to keep CO2 levels below 300 ppm. So, if carbon levels over 400 ppm have meant steep loss of biodiversity and extinctions during the past 50 million years, then it's a safe assumption that the thermostat is set for extinction today!

Just now, Right To Left said:

Higher CO2 and other GHG levels in the deep past have no relation to recent millions of years, since the pattern for our planetary biosphere has been to keep CO2 levels below 300 ppm. (until the 1850's). 

So, if carbon levels over 400 ppm have meant steep loss of biodiversity and extinctions during the past 50 million years, then it's a safe assumption that the thermostat is set for extinction today!

6 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Let's keep in mind that in terms of historical CO2 contributions alone, as of two years ago, the US had dumped more than twice as much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere as China. So, looking at total accumulated emissions, China still has some catching up to do.

Should they be allowed to catch up, or is climate change real?

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Should they be allowed to catch up, or is climate change real?

9 hours ago, Right To Left said:

A pie chart showing emissions per country by percentage, 2018

Right to Left,  This shows China's CO2 emissions are 28% of the global emissions, while the U.S. is 15%.  But the total fossil fuel emissions is still about a miniscule amount of the CO2 in the atmosphere.