Right to die/live

August1991

On 1/26/2020 at 11:04 AM, Yukon said:

Canada does allow abortion up until the 9th month. But the CMA will not and has not in over 36 years (unless the mother's life was in danger) performed an abortion in the third trimester. This is factual and undisputable. 

Yukon, define: "mother's life was in danger".

And yet, Canadian soldiers (paid by we the taxpayers) killed people in Afghanistan.

Heck, historically, Canadian soldiers killed people in the Netherlands and Germany.

=====

I reckon that a condition of life means death; and the only question about death is when, and what expense to others to delay the inevitable. 

On 1/29/2020 at 9:27 AM, bcsapper said:

If a person wants to die they should be allowed to.  If they can convince a qualified medical practitioner to help them that person should face no sanction.

I agree. (BTW, this is more or less the policy in Belgium.) But I understand that many other people may disagree with me and you, bcsapper.

Hence in Canada, I think that we should leave this policy decision to provincial governments.

--------------

At great expense in Canada, we keep obese, diabetic, comatose, older people alive. Yet, younger children abroad lack basic necessities.

Why?

Edited by August1991

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, TwoBrains said:

On what grounds?

There are people who have crippling, painful diseases who have suffered for decades with no end in sight. They see the continuation of their life as just a prolongation of their misery, and they will never experience enough "joy" of any sort to make up for it.

By taking the virtue-signalling position on this issue we would basically be sentencing them to prison/torture. 

In 2020 humans can kill healthy fetuses at 6 months old purely for their own reasons, is that so much more noble than asking for a humane end to one's own suffering?

For me this isn't that much of a moral dilemma.