Its official, Trump broke the law

17 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah those are problems for the shithole countries.  Just put on your uniform soldier and stop asking questions.  

Being the World Reserve Currency is a helluva drug, you can get away with things that shithole countries cannot. King Dollar making it rain.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Not with you. Your capacity for reading between my lines and seeing it for the deep state media mob's mental malware that it is just leaves me at an immense disadvantage. I just can't touch your level of intellect. I don't want to get into anything until I've had some proper Fox therapy.

Please just try to act like I'm not here and I'll try not to get in the way.  Hopefully I'll be as smart as you some day. Even being twice as stupid would be a improvement.

Lol. Nice try at whatever that was. 

But if you ever want to try to keep score, Fox News is up on your newz source now by bout 30-0 over the past 5 years. I'm happy to compare notes.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah the debt never rose under Reagan or George W.  True conservatives don’t care about debt anyway, right?  Only losers care about debt.  

False! That's a narrative propagated by the global liberal elite. The solution to debt is to either cut spending or increase GDP/ growth or both. Obviously, the ideal solution is growth, something that  can only be done by deregulation, tax cuts and increase access to venture capital. We doubled our GDP in a matter of a few years after the tax cut. Which more than paid for it self. Look the American economy is the world's envy because we don't stifle innovation and unleash American exceptionalism. Since when is goverment spending ever efficient? Paying more in taxes is one of the worse solution to public debt. It takes them years and hundred million of dollars in cost over run just to make a website. 

6 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

False! That's a narrative propagated by the global liberal elite. The solution to debt is to either cut spending or increase GDP/ growth or both. Obviously, the ideal solution is growth, something that  can only be done by deregulation, tax cuts and increase access to venture capital. We doubled our GDP in a matter of a few years after the tax cut. Which more than paid for it self. Look the American economy is the world's envy because we don't stifle innovation and unleash American exceptionalism. Since when is goverment spending ever efficient? Paying more in taxes is one of the worse solution to public debt. It takes them years and hundred million of dollars in cost over run just to make a website. 

I agree that government waste is real and public spending needs good oversight.  My point is simply that we’re living in a false economy fueled by debt.  The evidence is that at the same time we are experiencing economic growth we are also seeing debt levels rise substantially.  Not only is there no rainy day fund for hard times, we are borrowing during a period of growth.  The trend is likely to continue because interest rates are already low and there is nothing left to spur the economy through a no growth period except more borrowing and printing money to buy debt (quantitative easing).  So far, remarkably, inflation is moderate, largely due to cheap imports.  The US dollar as world reserve currency and commodity currency is certainly a hedge against inflation.  The questions to ask are, can debt continue to rise indefinitely?  Is that sustainable?  Is current economic policy lifting all boats, especially at the lower end?   If not, class conflict will rise, especially in a recession.  Sustainability in all areas is key.  

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The questions to ask are, can debt continue to rise indefinitely?  Is that sustainable?  

If the way that our politicians act is any indicator, the debt can go up to about $165.4 Kajillion before you need to start worrying about it.

A large part of the electorate is apparently no better - some of the most popular Dems have plans for new deficits in the tens of trillions. 

Is current economic policy lifting all boats, especially at the lower end?   

In the US wages are increasing, in Canada that's obviously not happening.

Guest ProudConservative
17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well sure, you don't like Trump but don't hold any real ill will towards him. There's lots of posts in this forum where I say go Trump go but you'd never know it by the flack l get around here. Maybe if l was an ashamed progressive (which is sorta like being a proud conservative in reverse) I'd get more respect.

I hate Trump, because he's a bad example of what real conservatives ought to be. Also, I'm a bad example of what conservatives ought to be.... but there is a big difference. I'm an annomous guy in a chat room... I'm not going to hold myself to the same standard as a politician.

I think when you're a politician... The example you set, is just as importantant and the policies you make. Conservatives lost it, when they put policy over character.

When will Republicans pick someone that's going to give conservatives a good name? Looking back at History, I think Georgh Bush's father wasn't hated by liberals, even though he did the first Iraq war... I never heard Liberals go off on tangents, explaining how terrible he was.

America hasn't had a good republican president in over 25 years.... and It's time for the Republican Party to find someone better.... Hopefully by 2024, they get their S@it together.

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Raise The Debt Ceiling.

That's because the republicans are corrupt to the core. America should of elected John Kasich.

Edited by ProudConservative

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I hate Trump, because he's a bad example of what real conservatives ought to be.

....America hasn't had a good republican president in over 25 years.... and It's time for the Republican Party to find someone better.... Hopefully by 2024, they get their S@it together.

Donald Trump is not a conservative and has never been a conservative....use to be a Democrat.

Trump was nominated and elected by American voters over objections by the Republican party.  

A conservative politician in Canada wouldn't even make a moderate Democrat.

Guest ProudConservative
5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree that government waste is real and public spending needs good oversight.  My point is simply that we’re living in a false economy fueled by debt.  The evidence is that at the same time we are experiencing economic growth we are also seeing debt levels rise substantially.  Not only is there no rainy day fund for hard times, we are borrowing during a period of growth.  The trend is likely to continue because interest rates are already low and there is nothing left to spur the economy through a no growth period except more borrowing and printing money to buy debt (quantitative easing).  So far, remarkably, inflation is moderate, largely due to cheap imports.  The US dollar as world reserve currency and commodity currency is certainly a hedge against inflation.  The questions to ask are, can debt continue to rise indefinitely?  Is that sustainable?  Is current economic policy lifting all boats, especially at the lower end?   If not, class conflict will rise, especially in a recession.  Sustainability in all areas is key.  

You know I just tried to be a whitleblower in an American chat recently... I was complimenting a guy from Wyoming, telling him it was one of the favourtite states, as soon as I mentioned the debt... He snapped at me an said.

Canadians are a bunch of snobs, and not welcomed in the US.... and we should be gratefull that Russia doesn't invade us. He said will vote for, who we want to vote for, and I should just STFU.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

He're is a good example.

That's right...you can bark at the moon and tell Americans who they should vote for, but it means nothing.

Either way, Canada's economy will still keep voting for America, because it is so dependent on exports and capital from the U.S.

Guest ProudConservative
2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's right...you can bark at the moon and tell Americans who they should vote for, but it means nothing.

Either way, Canada's economy will still keep voting for America, because it is so dependent on exports and capital from the U.S.

How can you defend your hero George Bush, after he invaded the middle east?

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You’re right about trade.  Not sure where your capital investment notion comes from.  Most of Canada’s big business and infrastructure started as crown corporations or venture start-ups.  The US is an important player but not the only one.  Britain had a big impact early on and some foreign companies were taken over by the Canadian government or markets, for example BP in Canada becoming Petro Canada.  The US does have a lot more big companies that tend to pick up our midsized success stories, which is good and bad, depending on where the jobs and head offices are.  

I could say the same for you weighing in on Canada.  At least you bother to understand Canadian issues, which most Americans don’t understand because they are more inward looking.  

4 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

That's because the republicans are corrupt to the core. America should of elected John Kasich.

Donald Trump > John Kasich

John Kasich sucks dude, he would have lost to Hillary even if he won the nomination anyway. The Democrats are far worse than the Republicans these days, so not sure why you are only blaming Republicans other than you being heavily biased in favor of Democrats.

Edited by Yzermandius19

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think a Bernie Sanders presidency would be intense.  What a shitstorm for Republicans...  But yeah, probably won't happen.

Doubt it. Most of the government bueracracy will stay the same. Look at trump, he's barely able to nudge anything without congressional support, it's something we Americans invented...you know checks and balances one man ain't going to destroy this country. Likewise, bernie, will still need conservative support not opposition. The only thing of concern for the elite is his raise  in the marginal tax rates. 

9 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

Doubt it. Most of the government bueracracy will stay the same. Look at trump, he's barely able to nudge anything without congressional support, it's something we Americans invented...you know checks and balances one man ain't going to destroy this country. Likewise, bernie, will still need conservative support not opposition. The only thing of concern for the elite is his raise  in the marginal tax rates. 

I can’t help but like Bernie.  He’s clever and funny.  He doesn’t take himself too seriously.  His heart is in the right place even though I doubt half his policy ideas would even be proposed as bills.  Would be interesting to watch because the US has always been on the aggressive empire end of democracy, which isn’t Bernie.  

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re right about trade.  Not sure where your capital investment notion comes from.  Most of Canada’s big business and infrastructure started as crown corporations or venture start-ups.  The US is an important player but not the only one.  Britain had a big impact early on and some foreign companies were taken over by the Canadian government or markets, for example BP in Canada becoming Petro Canada.  The US does have a lot more big companies that tend to pick up our midsized success stories, which is good and bad, depending on where the jobs and head offices are. 

Canada solicits foreign direct investment (FDI) as a matter of national policy...with the U.S. being the largest source.   As an example, American investment sparked the development of oil sands development (Sun Oil) and build out with deep pockets from Texas in good times and bad.    Alberta knows this history, including the elder Trudeau's failed National Energy Program.

Trump knows that Canada is very vulnerable on export trade (e.g. automotive, steel, aluminum, energy, etc.), and used it to his advantage to force a new trade deal.   Hoping and wishing that Trump would be removed from office has not been a realistic outcome or strategy.    Any American president can and will bend Canada to his/her will when necessary, and several have already done so.

I could say the same for you weighing in on Canada.  At least you bother to understand Canadian issues, which most Americans don’t understand because they are more inward looking.  

Yes, most Americans are indifferent about Canada, rarely investing so much interest or concern about domestic Canadian politics or issues on the world stage.   The only reason I am still here is because many Canadians invest an extraordinary/unbalanced amount of interest in what happens with the United States, I guess because they believe it "matters so much" given the economic, military, and cultural relationship.

8 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada solicits foreign direct investment (FDI) as a matter of national policy...with the U.S. being the largest source.   As an example, American investment sparked the development of oil sands development (Sun Oil) and build out with deep pockets from Texas in good times and bad.    Alberta knows this history, including the elder Trudeau's failed National Energy Program.

Trump knows that Canada is very vulnerable on export trade (e.g. automotive, steel, aluminum, energy, etc.), and used it to his advantage to force a new trade deal.   Hoping and wishing that Trump would be removed from office has not been a realistic outcome or strategy.    Any American president can and will bend Canada to his/her will when necessary, and several have already done so.

Yes, most Americans are indifferent about Canada, rarely investing so much interest or concern about domestic Canadian politics or issues on the world stage.   The only reason I am still here is because many Canadians invest an extraordinary/unbalanced amount of interest in what happens with the United States, I guess because they believe it "matters so much" given the economic, military, and cultural relationship.

FDI is a double edged sword that isn’t always welcome.  True that Canada has no choice but to deal with the US, especially as a much smaller country with a massive shared border.  You have outlined the source of some anti-Americanism in Canada, but Canada’s over-reliance on the US for trade is mostly about geography.  We have been too complacent and clearly our “close ally” isn’t as trustworthy as we once thought.  The US got into bed with dictators to further its perceived interests.  I suppose Canada compromises herself in relations with the US for similar reasons.  And now, oh goodie, you’re getting close to having a dictator of your very own.  Anything is possible in America!