Trump actions kill 63 Canadians

Just now, kactus said:

Wrong fella. Fine target shooting is for the one. You know the one that starts with Ka according to Hebrew sorry I meant Hebe rue. 

I know the difference between the two...no worries.

At least this current one didn't write a best seller as to how to properly boink your camel.

47 minutes ago, kactus said:

Look I don’t give a shekel about either of these two nut jobs just like I don’t give a dime about Bibi and many other world leaders. But common talking about a man who died 22 years ago responsible for the deaths of Iranians on that plane raises the question if one really understands what is going on in that region. The politics in that region is quite complicated as it is....Besides....we have our own fake news to contend with let’s not add to that shall we? Lol

I don't care if I spelled his name wrong. Same shit - different pile. You know exactly who I was talking about.

The main point is that they used Russian missiles and fired on the plane themselves. If they weren't shithole central then the Americans wouldn't even be involved with them. 

People who act like Trump suddenly started this or escalated it irrationally are as dumb as the ones who think that Trump started the feud with NoKo. The middle east has been a shithole for four thousand years plus. The Persians were the biggest slavers in the world for 2,000+ years and the muslims took over 1,400 years ago and didn't miss a beat. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

...  You’re right, all countries have problems, but American problems have farther reaching impacts.  On greenhouse gas emissions, US policy is leading the world off a cliff.  

Then stop depending on the Americans to protect the "post WW2 order".   Try your luck with China.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then stop depending on the Americans to protect the "post WW2 order".   Try your luck with China.

I don’t have to try anything.  Trump has given his blessing to Putin and Xi’s dictatorships.  In fact he’d like one himself.  Maybe if Trump had shared the assassination plan with allies, they could have prepared and a plane full of innocents wouldn’t have been downed.  Oh wait, Trump says fuck you to allies.  

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then stop depending on the Americans to protect the "post WW2 order".  

Impossible. 

"The US needs to [_________] NOW!" [So that the rest of the world can say that the US de-stabilized the region ten years from now]

Try your luck with China.

TRUDEAU WILL BE SO HAPPY! He admires their ability to "get things done". 

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t have to try anything.  Trump has given his blessing to Putin and Xi’s dictatorships.  In fact he’d like one himself.  Maybe if Trump had shared the assassination plan with allies, they could have prepared and a plane full of innocents wouldn’t have been downed.  Oh wait, Trump says fuck you to allies.  

Those dots connect about as well as our budget balances itself zg. 

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump is not pro-China or pro-Russia. America has more allies than either China or Russia combined, by several orders of magnitude. Trump letting America's allies know before he does something would have saved no one. The only one responsible for shooting down a plane full of innocents, is Iran.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The only one responsible for shooting down a plane full of innocents, is Iran.

I'm now almost fully of the belief that this was intentional and was to be blamed on the US...but the drones and taking out of 52 or whatever targets never came.

Edited by DogOnPorch

34 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump had more voter support than your current "dictator".   And he has to win another election just like other presidents.

Some deadbeat "allies" already said "f*ck you" to America...so live with it.

...or find some other nation to hide behind.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...or find some other nation to hide behind.

Canada isn't going to find another nation to hide behind. No other nation serves that role better than America, ain't no need to change. Canada can't help but be dependent on another nation, fake country that it is, and if there is any nation you want to depend on, it's America.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Canada isn't going to find another nation to hide behind. No other nation serves that role better than America, ain't no need to change.

Very true, but domestic Canadian rhetoric has long protested this reality...long before Trump.

The Trump haters think they are being original and righteous....only to fool themselves.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Very true, but domestic Canadian rhetoric has long protested this reality...long before Trump.

The Trump haters think they are being original and righteous....only to fool themselves.

They are neither original or righteous, they might convince themselves otherwise, but the only one's they are fooling are themselves.

Canada wants to have it's cake and eat it too, it wants America to do all it's dirty work for them while giving them no credit for it unless that credit shows them in a negative light in their minds, while claiming that such dirty work is beneath them and America engaging in it makes them the bad guys. They want a protector who they don't praise and a scapegoat to blame all in one, so they can feel better about themselves.

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Even the Always Trumpers were going...

"War with Iran??? Screw that! That's not why you were elected."

Then the 52 cultural target jazz proved to be just another Trump ploy to get his opponent to make an error.

What an error!

Trump is a freakin' genius.

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Then the 52 cultural target jazz proved to be just another Trump ploy to get his opponent to make an error.

Yes, Trump has effectively destabilized his political enemies with all the tools available to him....including Twitter.

They said Trump is a liar and a fraud, but suddenly he was very very credible for attacks on "52 cultural targets" ?

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, Trump has effectively destabilized his political enemies with all the tools available to him....including Twitter.

They said Trump is a liar and a fraud, but suddenly he was very very credible for attacks on "52 cultural targets" ?

I know, eh? Is he smart or dumb???...y'all can't decide...well, he'll decide for you....LOL.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m not sure what you’re talking about.  How did Trump give his blessing to Xi’s dictatorship?  What does that even mean?  Regardless the United States issues a no fly restriction several hours before that plane took off.  They took off despite the warning.  The killing of the General took place several days before the plane took off and was shot down.  Nobody could’ve planned anything during that time?  Stop making excuses for Iran, stop giving your blessing to their dictatorship. 

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The left instantly falls in love with anyone that hates Trump. 

Whatever the left means... in any case and speaking for myself I simply refuse to fall in live with Trump is all. That's what's really driving you people crazy. 

You remind me of the Ayatollah's goons who persecute people for not wiping their feet on their enemies flags except you persecute anyone who doesn't automatically kiss the ground Trump walks on. Hence your nonsensical notions that we therefore must love your enemies instead.

It's just the same old if you're not with us you're automatically with the fill-in-blank-here. You probably imagine I'm drawing a moral equivalency between the two and then picking a side which is completely false. It's their amoral equivalency which prevents me from picking either side.

The difference is that there is a third choice here. Either, or and of course neither.

Edited by eyeball

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Whatever the left means... in any case and speaking for myself I simply refuse to fall in live with Trump is all. That's what's really driving you people crazy. 

The only people being driven crazy are the Trump Haters. Trump supporters aren't anywhere near as mad that the Haters don't support Trump because they are the reason Trump won in the first place. Keep on hating Trump counter-productively because you are so blinded by hatred, please do, that just leads to him getting re-elected in 2020.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You remind me of the Ayatollah's goons who persecute people for not wiping their feet on their enemies flags except you persecute anyone who doesn't automatically kiss the ground Trump walks on. Hence your nonsensical notions that we therefore must love your enemies instead.

I don't tell people to love Trump. I get them to stop lying and to stop saying stupid things that they heard on CNN or CBC. 

If Trump commits actual crimes, like Trudeau did, I won't ask people to look past it or to love him just because his dad was PM and because he has Fidel Castro's good looks. 

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The only people being driven crazy are the Trump Haters. Trump supporters aren't anywhere near as mad that the Haters don't support Trump because they are the reason Trump won in the first place. Keep on hating Trump counter-productively because you are so blinded by hatred, please do, that just leads to him getting re-elected in 2020.

I think he will get re-elected.  He’s emblematic of America today.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think he will get re-elected.  He’s emblematic of America today.  

If . . . . Donald Trump didn't 'tweet',  knew when to speak in a meaningful way,  didn't frown all the time,  got a haircut . . . . . in other words, he was a Ronald Reagan clone - he'd be President until his old age death.  Canada has a frivolous fool . . . 

7 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

If . . . . Donald Trump didn't 'tweet',  knew when to speak in a meaningful way,  didn't frown all the time,  got a haircut . . . . . in other words, he was a Ronald Reagan clone - he'd be President until his old age death.  Canada has a frivolous fool . . . 

Well Reagan came across as a basically kind and decent fellow.  There’s too much narcissism and belligerence in Trump’s persona, and America First comes off as excessive greed and supremacy.  Trudeau has his own issues and the opposite problem of talking a good line with too little realism to be taken seriously.  Ultimately it comes down to wise and honourable statesmanship.  

At times I’ve seen Trump show decency, but the general impression is brash and amoral.  Part of leadership is making sacrifices for the greater good.  Acting alone for one’s own benefit is a short game.  I’m thinking here about problems that can only be solved through international cooperation, such as tensions in the Middle East, climate change, and even trade imbalances.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well Reagan came across as a basically kind and decent fellow.  There’s too much narcissism and belligerence in Trump’s persona, and America First comes off as excessive greed and supremacy.  Trudeau has his own issues and the opposite problem of talking a good line with too little realism to be taken seriously.  Ultimately it comes down to wise and honourable statesmanship.  

At times I’ve seen Trump show decency, but the general impression is brash and amoral.  Part of leadership is making sacrifices for the greater good.  Acting alone for one’s own benefit is a short game.  I’m thinking here about problems that can only be solved through international cooperation, such as tensions in the Middle East, climate change, and even trade imbalances.  

Talking of climate change I came across this article today that ER (Extinction Rebellion) is an extremist ideology! Where is this gonna stop now for goodness sake?...We are talking about counter terrorism that is clearly designated for white supremacist, neo nazis and islamist extremists....And now ER added to the list for the fear of radicalisation. Seriously!?

By this measure Brexitiers should be associated with extremism:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/extinction-rebellion-prevent-extremism-terrorism-racism-climate-change-a9279761.html

Here's the excerpt:

Sir Peter Fahy, who was head of Prevent from 2010 to 2015, said confidence from communities was vital to its success and legitimacy.

He was speaking after the Guardian revealed police had branded the nonviolent climate emergency group as an extremist ideology in a guide designed to help stop terrorist violence.

The publication produced by counter-terrorism police in the south-east showed police had placed XR on a list of ideologies alongside neo-Nazis and Islamist extremists that should be reported to the authorities running the Prevent anti-radicalisation programme.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/12/ex-prevent-chief-criticises-terror-lists-inclusion-extinction-rebellion-sir-peter-fahy-

I mean what world are we living in Where the bipolarity of the society is becoming more transparent. Whether it is in US or everywhere else around the world this radicalisation is taking shape. Look at UK, Italy, India and many european countries that are leaning far more to the rightwing nationalism.

Edited by kactus

1 hour ago, kactus said:

Talking of climate change I came across this article today that ER (Extinction Rebellion) is an extremist ideology! Where is this gonna stop now for goodness sake?...We are talking about counter terrorism that is clearly designated for white supremacist, neo nazis and islamist extremists....And now ER added to the list for the fear of radicalisation. Seriously!?

By this measure Brexitiers should be associated with extremism:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/extinction-rebellion-prevent-extremism-terrorism-racism-climate-change-a9279761.html

Here's the excerpt:

Sir Peter Fahy, who was head of Prevent from 2010 to 2015, said confidence from communities was vital to its success and legitimacy.

He was speaking after the Guardian revealed police had branded the nonviolent climate emergency group as an extremist ideology in a guide designed to help stop terrorist violence.

The publication produced by counter-terrorism police in the south-east showed police had placed XR on a list of ideologies alongside neo-Nazis and Islamist extremists that should be reported to the authorities running the Prevent anti-radicalisation programme.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/12/ex-prevent-chief-criticises-terror-lists-inclusion-extinction-rebellion-sir-peter-fahy-

I mean what world are we living in Where the bipolarity of the society is becoming more transparent. Whether it is in US or everywhere else around the world this radicalisation is taking shape. Look at UK, Italy, India and many european countries that are leaning far more to the rightwing nationalism.

This is happening because climate change and overpopulation of some regions are creating migration pressures and greater competition for land and resources.  This is the major source of conflict and environmental degradation in the future.  It can either be planned for and managed responsibly at both a macro scale (international and national) and micro scale (sub national and municipal) or we will see various forms of fascism, which will play out as hoarding of resources, exclusion of migrants/the desperate, and in the case of eco fascism, radical restrictions on and high costs for fossil fuel consumption/greenhouse gas production, and perhaps eventually on all consumption and living expenses.  These movements are already underway and forming governments.  You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.  

Trump is not showing the leadership necessary to deal with these major concerns.  

Edited by Zeitgeist