US vs Iran

Moonlight Graham

Post what you think.  Feel free to post whatever thread-drift BS you want.  You can use profanity, you can insult me if you want.  Do whatever you want.  This is what freedom smells like.

Personally I think Trump went too far killing a high-ranking Iranian gov official.  Assassinations are a no-no in international relations.  Iran had no choice but to respond militarily, even if simply from the domestic pressure to save face.  Now Trump is in a bind.

It seems strangely restrained.

Almost designed to allow the US to refrain from a response.

Of course, there has been no information on casualties yet, so it could all change.

I'm rooting for Leeds to get promoted to the Premier League this year, which is also strange, given I'm a Bradford City fan.

Edited by bcsapper

15 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It seems strangely restrained.

Almost designed to allow the US to refrain from a response.

Of course, there has been no information on casualties yet, so it could all change.

I'm rooting for Leeds to get promoted to the Premier League this year, which is also strange, given I'm a Bradford City fan.

Well Iran had to do something to save face and appease the outcry domestically, but I gather they also don't want a war either.  -If there's few casualties then it might end the tit-for-tat.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

Well Iran had to do something to save face and appease the outcry domestically, but I gather they also don't want a war either.  -If there's few casualties then it might end the tit-for-tat.

I agree.  It gives them a way to show they responded, without escalating the situation.  I doubt they want to gamble on Trump’s willingness to reciprocate.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:25 AM, bcsapper said:

Leeds fan?

I am. Still got time to screw it up again yet. 16 years in the wilderness has been too long.

Only one win in the last 6 and the distance between us and 3rd place has been cut in half.

I've recently started following the Leafs so being a Leeds fan has been a good preparation for disappointment.

2 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

I am. Still got time to screw it up again yet. 16 years in the wilderness has been too long.

Only one win in the last 6 and the distance between us and 3rd place has been cut in half.

I've recently started following the Leafs so being a Leeds fan has been a good preparation for disappointment.

Yeah, I got into football in the latter part of the Don Revie era, so I've seen the good Leeds.  For a while there they were awesome.  Should have won more.

330px-Don_Revie_and_Billy_Bremner.jpg

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, I got into football in the latter part of the Don Revie era, so I've seen the good Leeds.  For a while there they were awesome.  Should have won more.

I started supporting them when they won the 1972 FA cup. Serves me right for being a glory hunter, I could have supported my local team (at the time) Leicester and be having a much better time of it now.

Edited by Iceni warrior

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Well, I've been a supporter of my local team (Bradford City) since the late sixties, and I'm not having a better time of it.

Still, one sticks to one's team, regardless!

I've never even been to Leeds never mind Elland Road, but yeah, once you choose there's no changing your mind.

I've been to British juggling conventions in York, Huddersfeild, Doncaster and Pickering though and find Yorkshire to be very pretty.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:41 AM, Iceni warrior said:

You're going to need that experience, being a Leafs fan is a lifetime of misery that I gladly avoided by jumping ship while I still could. Best sporting decision I made in my entire life, Lets Go Avs.

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You're going to need that experience, being a Leafs fan is a lifetime of misery that I gladly avoided by jumping ship while I still could. Best sporting decision I made in my entire life, Lets Go Avs.

Yeah, following a team which doesn't know how to spell the plural of leaf is starting to feel like a rash move.

However, there's no going back once you choose. Only a glory hunting Judas would do that.

Go Leaves.

35 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Yeah, following a team which doesn't know how to spell the plural of leaf is starting to feel like a rash move.

However, there's no going back once you choose. Only a glory hunting Judas would do that.

Go Leaves.

Being a Glory Hunting Judas can pay off big time, don't be so quick to knock it, just because you did it with the wrong team. Doing it constantly is lame, but doing it once and sticking with it, perfectly respectable. You have no real connection to the Leafs, you can drop them and pick a better team to cheer for, I had more of a connection to the Leafs than you did when I switched teams, and I never looked back. My Dad scared me off subjecting myself to a lifetime of misery, it was a great decision to take his advice and bail before it was too late.

Edited by Yzermandius19

26 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Being a Glory Hunting Judas can pay off big time, don't be so quick to knock it, just because you did it with the wrong team. Doing it constantly is lame, but doing it once and sticking with it, perfectly respectable. You have no real connection to the Leafs, you can drop them and pick a better team to cheer for, I had more of a connection to the Leafs than you did when I switched teams, and I never looked back.

Nope, can't do it. They've been a part of my life for a whole 2 months now. It would be like renouncing my own mother and begging to be adopted by Theresa May. Besides which, ''you know who'' would hunt me down like a dog and pull my fingernails off one at a time.

Once a Leaf always a Leaf.

Edited by Iceni warrior

11 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Nope, can't do it. They've been a part of my life for a whole 2 months now. It would be like renouncing my own mother and begging to be adopted by Theresa May. Besides which, you know who would hunt me down like a dog and pull my fingernails off one at a time.

Once a Leaf always a Leaf.

Two months? I put in over 7 years, with my Dad being a Leafs fan. My dad is jealous, wishes he could have done the same. Doom yourself to a lifetime of misery based on two months if you want to, but eventually you'll realize I was right, and by then it will actually be too late to take my advice. Dougie's dad told him same thing as my dad told me, but it was already too late for Dougie to change by then, and he himself will tell you our dad's were right about cheering for the Leafs being a lifelong curse to be avoided if possible.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Two months? I put in over 7 years, with my Dad being a Leafs fan. My dad is jealous, wishes he could have done the same. Doom yourself to a lifetime of misery based on two months if you want to, but eventually you'll realize I was right, and by then it will actually be too late.

Yes but deep down you know that you will be damned to Hell for all eternity for what you have done. I can't risk that with my fair skin. I get sunburnt just watching Beau Geste on TV.

Edited by Iceni warrior

6 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Yes but deep down you know that you will be damned to Hell for all eternity for what you have done. I can't risk that with my fair skin. I get sun burned just watching Beau Geste on TV.

The Hockey Gods approve of my decision and they will understand if you ditch them now as well. God is not a Leafs supporter, he ain't mad at me either.

Stick with the Leafs now, and they will punish you for eternity, don't say I didn't warn you. Being a Leafs fan is being damned to hell for all eternity before you even die, Leafs fans know.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The Hockey Gods approve of my decision and they will understand if you ditch them now as well. God is not a Leafs supporter, he ain't mad at me either.

Well that's just blasphemy. God is clearly a Leafs fan. It's as obvious as the fact he's an Englishman.

He's just testing our faith. In fact, it's probably your apostasy which is responsible for all the years in the wilderness.

Repent before it's too late. Save your soul (and the playoffs) by returning to the flock.

Edited by Iceni warrior

2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Well that's just blasphemy. God is clearly a Leafs fan. It's as obvious as the fact he's an Englishman.

He's just testing our faith. In fact, it's probably your apostasy which is responsible for all the years in the wilderness.

Repent before it's too late. Save your soul (and the playoffs) by returning to the flock.

I will not doom myself to a life of suffering and an eternity of failure. The Leafs have been doomed to wilderness long before I was born, it's called The Curse of Harold Ballard. I am far more attached to the Avs than I was ever attached to the Leafs, it is too late to turn back now, even if I wanted to, which I don't.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I will not doom myself to a life of suffering and an eternity of failure. The Leafs have been doomed to wilderness long before I was born, it's called The Curse of Harold Ballard. I am far more attached to the Avs than I was ever attached to the Leafs, it is too late to turn back now, even if I wanted to, which I don't.

Do they even recognise Her Majesty as the head of state in Colorado?

Bunch of occult worshipping heathens. I want nothing to do with your witchcraft and curses.

8 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Do they even recognise Her Majesty as the head of state in Colorado?

Bunch of occult worshipping heathens. I want nothing to do with your witchcraft and curses.

Denying the existence of The Hockey Gods will not make them any likelier to take a shining to the Leafs, that I can tell you.

The Colorado Avalanche used to be The Quebec Nordiques. So the answer is, they used to recognize Her Majesty as the head of state, but no longer, and won two Stanley Cups since leaving Confederation, including one the year immediately after they did so.

Apparently The Hockey Gods look kindly upon ditching confederation, Patrick Roy knows. F*ck Canada.

Edited by Yzermandius19

• 2 years later...
On 1/7/2020 at 9:30 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Post what you think.  Feel free to post whatever thread-drift BS you want.  You can use profanity, you can insult me if you want.  Do whatever you want.  This is what freedom smells like.

Personally I think Trump went too far killing a high-ranking Iranian gov official.  Assassinations are a no-no in international relations.  Iran had no choice but to respond militarily, even if simply from the domestic pressure to save face.  Now Trump is in a bind.

Jimmy Carter fucked up in 1979 when he did not nuke the entire country back into the stone age for invading our territory, the embassy. He set the stage for endless terrorism against America. If he had responded with an iron first and destruction on an apoplectic scale, the world would be a better place today.

When a bully bullies you, the response should always be ripping his face right off his head. Then the other bullies know to never come near you.

• 9 months later...

Ok.....I understand launching a significant air attack and rescue mission, but nukes are out of the question due to world destruction. Trump was right with Suleimani though. He destroyed an important terrorist threat to our national security.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge