Entitled refugees

Argus

You only need to google Jews in France to see what's going on there.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/04/is-it-time-for-the-jews-to-leave-europe/386279/

France’s 475,000 Jews represent less than 1 percent of the country’s population. Yet last year, according to the French Interior Ministry, 51 percent of all racist attacks targeted Jews. The statistics in other countries, including Great Britain, are similarly dismal. In 2014, Jews in Europe were murdered, raped, beaten, stalked, chased, harassed, spat on, and insulted for being Jewish. Sale Juif—“dirty Jew”—rang in the streets, as did “Death to the Jews,” and “Jews to the gas.”

But what makes this new era of anti-Semitic violence in Europe different from previous ones is that traditional Western patterns of anti-Semitic thought have now merged with a potent strain of Muslim Judeophobia. Violence against Jews in Western Europe today, according to those who track it, appears to come mainly from Muslims, who in France, the epicenter of Europe’s Jewish crisis, outnumber Jews 10 to 1.

That the chief propagators of contemporary European anti-Semitism may be found in the Continent’s large and disenfranchised Muslim immigrant communities—communities that are themselves harassed and assaulted by hooligans associated with Europe’s surging right—is flummoxing to, among others, Europe’s elites. Muslims in Europe are in many ways a powerless minority. The failure of Europe to integrate Muslim immigrants has contributed to their exploitation by anti-Semitic propagandists and by recruiters for such radical projects as the Islamic State, or isis.

Rue, I also fear for Jews in countries where large masses of Muslims are re-settling.  No one is saying "All Muslims", but Argus is correct - it is a disturbingly large number of them that are openly antisemitic and it is awakening the "sleeping" antisemitism that has been present in Europe since WW2.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rue said:

Argus you now show  clearly your agenda is to promote  fear mongering about Muslims to justify not letting them come to Canada..thank you.

It is also interesting to see you mention no one but Muslims when you tell me let alone presume too tell me  who I should fear as a Jew.

At this point you fear monger.

When you have something to discuss other than your fear of Muslims let me know. It is stale.

Your using anti semitism to try justify your bigoted assumptions about Muslims is noted.

Your use of the tem much of the Muslim world to engage in a negative collective reference of all Muslims is noted  as well.

Thanks for your concern. Nice to know your fear is logical and done on my behalf.

C'mon Rue, are you honestly saying that you don't think that there's a virulent strain of anti-Semtism [is there a more sensible word for anti-Semitism, seeing as some muslims are Semites too?] within the islamic community?

No one in Canada, that personally I know of, has anything against Jews aside from the petty "joke racism" like Jews (and Scots or Chinese) are cheap, blondes (and Ukrainians & Newfies) are dumb, Irishmen are drunks, etc. Actual anti-Semitism, where people hate Jews for their religion, isn't a thing here in Canada, outside of the muslim community. I only know a handful of people who are Jewish, why would I even care about them in my community any more than any other group?

Everything has a bell curve Rue, and if you gauge muslim sentiments towards Jews into 3 categories - "neutral towards Jews just like everyone else" or "support hatred of Jews but will lie about it in public" or "openly hostile towards Jews" I'm 100% certain you'd find that the majority of muslims fall in the last two categories. Just breach the topic of Israel and you'll see the truth come out.

Honestly, there's absolutely no reason why a person would abhor Israel and like Pakistan or be neutral towards them outside of being a complete and total bigot. 

What concerns me is the fear that they may become a substantial number and try to impose their laws upon the western democratic societies. Though I am not a regional selectivity advocate but we do have to become much more selective as who we admit to come to West and filter those undesirable elements who have no respect for women's rights and equality or respect for western democratic values. That does not include a ban on regions but a ban on certain individuals from certain regions with undesirable beliefs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What concerns me is the fear that they may become a substantial number and try to impose their laws upon the western democratic societies. Though I am not a regional selectivity advocate but we do have to become much more selective as who we admit to come to West and filter those undesirable elements who have no respect for women's rights and equality or respect for western democratic values. That does not include a ban on regions but a ban on certain individuals from certain regions with undesirable beliefs.

Doubt it could happen in Canada, not enough of them here compared to other groups like South Asians and Chinese.  France, Britain, and other parts of Europe are a different story.

There will be a civil war in this country before Sharia nonsense becomes law, or so is my hope.

7 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There will be a civil war in this country before Sharia nonsense becomes law, or so is my hope.

Well we don't want civil war. So do admit highly skilled already adopted immigrants who are positive contributors from those regions (like Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Turkey, Tunisia, Bosnia .....) but be very selective.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Muslims in Toronto are getting some bigots-only subsidized apartments. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/2187517/toronto-city-councillor-says-muslim-only-subsidized-housing-is-acceptable/

In my opinion there should be no such thing as subsidized, bigoted housing.

The article references a McClintock Manor that's Christian, but it isn't subsidized housing. 

48 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You didn't answer my questions and said, basically, 'who cares'.

Everything is out there for this person to do fine.  Publicly funded settlement services in her language of choice, and affordable housing at half the cost of her current apartment.  Welfare is there is she needs it to get on her feet.  There's all sorts of free employment services, refugee health support contact lines etc.  If these people can't make it after that, then no I don't care.  Do you want me to hold her phone while she takes a pee too?  Tuck her in at night?

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Muslims in Toronto are getting some bigots-only subsidized apartments. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/2187517/toronto-city-councillor-says-muslim-only-subsidized-housing-is-acceptable/

In my opinion there should be no such thing as subsidized, bigoted housing.

The article references a McClintock Manor that's Christian, but it isn't subsidized housing. 

What a travesty.  Shame on them.  WTF does religion have to do with housing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Something like Trump's Muslim ban ?

Executive Order 13769, titled Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States, politically labeled as a Muslim ban[1] by detractors or a travel ban by supporters, was an executive order by United States president Donald Trump. Except for the extent to which it was blocked by various courts, it was in effect from January 27, 2017, until March 16, 2017, when it was superseded by Executive Order 13780. Executive Order 13769 lowered the number of refugees to be admitted into the United States in 2017 to 50,000, suspended the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days, suspended the entry of Syrian refugees indefinitely, directed some cabinet secretaries to suspend entry of those whose countries do not meet adjudication standards under U.S. immigration law for 90 days, and included exceptions on a case-by-case basis. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) lists these countries as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.[2] More than 700 travelers were detained, and up to 60,000 visas were "provisionally revoked".[3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13769

10 minutes ago, Teena said:

Something like Trump's Muslim ban ?

No absolutely not. Because that burns everyone alike and that was stupid act and unfair and discriminatory. 

As I said many people in what is regionally regarded as muslim countries are skillful, respectful, highly educated, advanced thinking people and can and will very positively contribute to Western society however they had NO SAY in where they were born. Trump's ban is regional and I do not agree with this. Do you wish to ban so many millions of Iranian females for example who are highly educated and progressive thinking and strongly oppose with the mandatory wearing of hijab and risking their lives everyday to achieve their rights from equal opportunity given to other people in the rest of the world. Not fair and disrespectful.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

34 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Do you wish to ban so many millions of Iranian females for example who are highly educated and progressive thinking and strongly oppose with the mandatory wearing of hijab and risking their lives everyday to achieve their rights from equal opportunity given to other people in the rest of the world. Not fair and disrespectful.

No of course I do not agree with that. But I have no problem with Trump's ban. It is complicated. 
Canada's hope was with Max Bernier and the PPC. The party's platform on Immigration and ending multiculturalism was perfect with cutting immigration from 350,000 to btwn 100,000 and 150,000 a year. Immigration should be too economically benefit Canadians and Canada as a whole. The cultural character of our country is changing. It doesn't matter where these females you speak off are immigrating from. There are highly educated and progressive thinking women in Canada already and in many other countries too. 

25 minutes ago, Teena said:

No of course I do not agree with that. But I have no problem with Trump's ban. It is complicated. 
Canada's hope was with Max Bernier and the PPC. The party's platform on Immigration and ending multiculturalism was perfect with cutting immigration from 350,000 to btwn 100,000 and 150,000 a year. Immigration should be too economically benefit Canadians and Canada as a whole. The cultural character of our country is changing. It doesn't matter where these females you speak off are immigrating from. There are highly educated and progressive thinking women in Canada already and in many other countries too. 

It is not complicated but contradictory, When you ban people regionally (from Muslim countries) you also ban Iranian females seeking freedom and equality. 

I believe immigration should be reduced to 150,000 as well but equally important Canada must become much more selective as who those 150000 will be on individual basis.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is not complicated but your statement is contradictory, When you ban people regionally (from Muslim countries) you also ban Iranian females seeking freedom and equality. 

I believe immigration should be reduced to 150,000 as well but equally important Canada must become much more selective as who those 150000 will be on individual basis.

My statement is not contradictory. Sorry for the confusement. What i am saying is I'll take Trump's ban vs what we have now in Canada. Something is better then nothing. If immigration were to be cut and some of that lower number are women from Muslim countries that are educated, escaping persecution, don't want to wear a Hijab, etc .... no bitching here. #welcometoCanada

12 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Everything is out there for this person to do fine.  Publicly funded settlement services in her language of choice, and affordable housing at half the cost of her current apartment.  Welfare is there is she needs it to get on her feet.  There's all sorts of free employment services, refugee health support contact lines etc.  If these people can't make it after that, then no I don't care.  Do you want me to hold her phone while she takes a pee too?  Tuck her in at night?

Amazing. You really don't know anything about refugees.

21 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Absolute nonsense.  You don't even know what you're talking about.

If  it's 'absolute nonsense', why are so many non-Muslim people also complaining about being unable to find decent housing at an affordable price?  And why are you so rude?  I expect that from Argus, not you. 

I looked on Kijiji for 'long term rentals in Toronto', and didn't find a single hit below $1350.00.   I'm guessing that the one you found for "$650, renovated" was "per week" or  perhaps for a room in a larger house, if you clicked into the actual ad - when I was looking for rentals for myself and for temporary workers for my employer, I was fooled more than once by a headline.  And sure enough, when I limited my search on Kijijii to $1,000.00, I got a bunch of "rooms", and other types of shared accommodation. 

I've had a friend looking for almost a year for something (anything!) under $1,000.00; my granddaughter spent 3 months homeless trying to find something she could afford.  She never did, finally took one for $300 above what she hoped/could afford, lasted a year and is now couch-serving, trying again to find something she can afford.   

Rental housing crisis

Vacancy rate in Toronto hits 4-year "high" of 1.5%

Rental scams.

So yeah, you can claim I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm kinda thinking it's not me who's talking out of their hat.  

17 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

C'mon Rue, are you honestly saying that you don't think that there's a virulent strain of anti-Semtism [is there a more sensible word for anti-Semitism, seeing as some muslims are Semites too?] within the islamic community?

Of course I never said that. I  i in fact said ...please do not presume to tell any of us Jews about what anti-semitism is or where it comes from or what we should be afraid of.  

“Jews survived all the defeats, expulsions, persecutions and pogroms, the centuries in which they were regarded as a pariah people, even the Holocaust itself, because they never gave up the faith that one day they would be free to live as Jews without fear.” — Jonathan Sacks

That is why I  also politely asked that you   please don't use the suffering of my people as a  platform from which to  rationalize negative beliefs as to  all Muslims and/or to justify any anti immigration and anti refugee policy against anyone.

All  I see is  you  repeating  back what Argus said which I now again argue uses anti-semitism  as the latest pretext to  incite  fear and hatred of Muslimst o then use those fears and hatreds to create a justification to ban Muslims from coming to Canada and to fear the ones in Canada as ticking time bombs. Give me a break. Please do not expect me to believe you and Argus  simply want an anti-semite test in the pre-screening interview for all immigrants and refugees.

In fact you two and all the other anti-immigrant and anti-refugee speakers have yet explained or offered one objective test to screen undesireables let alone define undesireables. Not one of you has provided any objective basis to show Canada is over-run by Muslim terrorism or any other terrorism linked to refugees.

I again ask  please do not  use the past, present or potential future misery of my people  or the existence of anti-semitism or specific terrorist or extremist Muslims or other  depraved people as your shield of justification to  negatively stereotyping or hate anyone. 

Here if you can't get it have this 14 year old explain it with these 3 quites::

What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it happening again.

Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery.

No one has ever become poor by giving.

You lift out of the body for what may be seconds, minutes, hours, I am not sure, but you do and you realize, now hang on, all of this is the material world of physical tense and human bodies and human made negative decisions but it doesn't end there or begin there.

That's the best I can explain it. Terrorism is designed to make you fear not just terrorists but innocent people that you lump in as terrorists. Those people you lump in with terrorists can become  terrorists because they pick up you claim they are and hate them giving them the impression the terrorists are right, everyone hates them in the West so they may as well be a terrorist.

I do not play that game.

Yah I had a kid look at me face to face and see a big Jewish Satan. I saw him recoil expecting me to grow larger and suck his eyes out. All I did is pull a worm out of a  hole in his foot. I am not sure after that if he thought I was Satan. I didn't ask  him. I stuck a tetanus shot in his arm, poured some disinfectant on his hole bandaged it and left as quick as I ran into him so I would not get stoned. No terrorism didn't get me to run from that boy and for all I know he went on to kill Israelis, other Palestinians or maybe he did not and moved to Canada and does stand up comedy or sells drugs. I do not know. I do not fear it.

I used to be deathly afraid of myself. Now I have no feelings one way or the other. When you get older your feelings turn to how your prostate or back is doing.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

If  it's 'absolute nonsense', why are so many non-Muslim people also complaining about being unable to find decent housing at an affordable price?  And why are you so rude?  I expect that from Argus, not you. 

I looked on Kijiji for 'long term rentals in Toronto', and didn't find a single hit below $1350.00.   I'm guessing that the one you found for "$650, renovated" was "per week" or  perhaps for a room in a larger house, if you clicked into the actual ad - when I was looking for rentals for myself and for temporary workers for my employer, I was fooled more than once by a headline.  And sure enough, when I limited my search on Kijijii to $1,000.00, I got a bunch of "rooms", and other types of shared accommodation. 

I've had a friend looking for almost a year for something (anything!) under $1,000.00; my granddaughter spent 3 months homeless trying to find something she could afford.  She never did, finally took one for $300 above what she hoped/could afford, lasted a year and is now couch-serving, trying again to find something she can afford.   

Rental housing crisis

Vacancy rate in Toronto hits 4-year "high" of 1.5%

Rental scams.

So yeah, you can claim I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm kinda thinking it's not me who's talking out of their hat.  

Housing issues are not simply a Muslim immigrant or refugee issue. The fact that the issue was used this way was part of the agenda to single out negative characteristics in Muslims to then be connected to an underlying issue as to taking in Muslim immigrants and refugees concerned they may not be good Canadians.

No one has the balls to admit that. I do.  I can't stand Muslim extremist fundamentalists, terrorists.  I just am not sure my perspective as to them is relevant to other Muslims. In regards to other Muslims I probably hate them for the exact same reasons I do all humans including myself.

What can I say Dialamah. I showered and scribbed and the blood of the wicked came off but the blood of the innocent will not. People like me think Satan is just the part of us we can't come clean on.