Trudeau/Bill Blair . . . . gun control.

8 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

We don't want to support gun culture. When you ban the guns, you ban the culture. I would make an exception though. If you served in the military you should have less restritions on firmarms.

Guns are very much a part of Canadian culture...very long time.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Well, snowmobile deaths typically kill the rider far, far more than innocent bystanders.  I think you have the right to do risky behaviour if by far the biggest risk is to yourself.

Recreational use and ownership of machines designed to kill other humans just has a very low priority for me.  If you hunt, ok fine no problem.  If you want to shoot off an assault weapon because it's fun?  There's no reason why we shouldn't have laws and regulations regarding that behaviour.  These aren't toys.

But as I said, I don't think the legal use and ownership of these weapons is a big enough problem to start banning them.  Criminals will get them no matter what

But here is the thing, most of those deaths while on snow machines are due to alcohol, and Snow machine, ATV, motocross deaths with drinking involved accounts for even more deaths than what is reported by MADD with cars....almost tripling the amount over firearms. now drunk drivers are not only risking their lives, but other users of those same trails...Don't get me wrong I to love a cold beer, or glass of rum...but I also enjoy going to the range and killing some paper targets, or during hunting season, getting a deer or moose if your a lucky person....

I personal do not own an assault rifle, my rifles are bolt action...but I have a hard time with the logic of people who want them banned... they are a tool, like your car, lawn mower, or skill saw,  all can kill when the user is a tool...I think it is all about educating the public about how sensible gun owners treat their firearms and how they use them, what restriction there about ownership , and safety on them,  and the bad guys well they don't have rules do they.

I guess the point is there are a lot more targets out there that kill far more people that we just shrug our shoulders and brush off, kind of say's maybe safty is not our prime reason for banning....but some how we hone in on a few that we lack understanding about.... remember weed and how much of a stigma it had, you smoke weed next week you on coke, or smoke one joint and your hooked, thats back in the day when the THC levels were not as high as they are today....and here we are, I can smoke it in most places, buy gummies, even vape it, THC levels are at unheard of levels....how did we go from back in the day to today when it is normal behavior...

I hope it's nothing more than education, lots of vids out there about hard core non believers that all fire arms should be banned period , and then when someone took the time to take them out to the range they became fire arms owners themselves. I know a lot of women shooters that took up the sport shooting  and could out perform me on the range any day of the week. fire arms in Canada is a multi billion dollar industry and growing.... all this liberal garbage is only going to kill all of that, then in a few years will be reversed by the cons...  

Guest ProudConservative
51 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Guns are very much a part of Canadian culture...very long time.

Canada allows civilized hunters to own rifles, but if you tried this in Canada it would be life imprisonment.

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There are 320 Million firearms in the United States. You have more guns than citizens, whereas only 4% of people in Ontario own a firearm, and just 20% in a remote Territory called Yukon. Canadians aren't crazy about guns.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

There are 320 Million firearms in the United States. You have more guns than citizens, whereas only 4% of people in Ontario own a firearm.

Why so many ?    Toronto has a higher gun homicide rate per capita than New York City.

Canadians LOVE guns !

Guest ProudConservative
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why so many ?    Toronto has a higher gun homicide rate per capita than New York City.

Canadians LOVE guns !

Because the gangs smuggle them illegally from the United States. it might explain why we tend to hate Americans.

Guest ProudConservative
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But they are Canadians...not Americans.    So much hate for Americans...so much love for GUNS !

We don't love them. The gangs love them, and the gangs get them from you.

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

We don't love them. The gangs love them, and the gangs get them from you.

Stats say otherwise...Canada has a much higher gun ownership rate than other OECD nations, behind only the United States.

Canadians love GUNS....rifles....shotguns....handguns....you name it.

Guest ProudConservative
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Stats say otherwise...Canada has a much higher gun ownership rate than other OECD nations, behind only the United States.

Canadians love GUNS....rifles....shotguns....handguns....you name it.

Yah, it's unfortunate that were becoming Americanized. I will give my full support to the liberals on Gun control. We don't want them. We don't need them.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

Yah, it's unfortunate that were becoming Americanized. I will give my full support to the liberals on Gun control. We don't want them. We don't need them.

If Canada doesn't want them, then why does Canada have so many guns ?

Close the border...oh wait...you can't...because...economy.

"Damn Americans....I hate those bastards !"

Getting nasty and black and white about it doesn’t solve anything.  There’s a reasonable middle ground that gives hunters access to a lot of cool gear.  Hell, some of the crossbows are incredibly powerful and have laser sights.  If you can’t hunt with a single action rifle, maybe take up another hobby.  Anyone can catch fish with a hand grenade.   Keep it simple.  Stop issuing permits for handguns and semi-automatic weapons for civilians.  Done.  There’s probably a way to let people fire off the higher power multi-round stuff in a controlled setting range.  Maybe it’s okay to own the stuff but it stays on the range in a locker.   If you already have a permit for anything currently legal, you can keep it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

The Gun Blog...Canada:

• 500 million. Number of ammunition cartridges fired safely and responsibly by civilian shooters each year in Canada. (Estimate based on independent analysis of Statistics Canada import data. The Ministry of Environment cited a report estimating 375 million cartridges are imported each year.)
  • 10-20 million. Guns owned by individual Canadians for hunting, farming, ranching, protection, recreation, competition, education, collecting, investing, art, engineering, history, and other legitimate purposes. (Adding in government agencies, military and police would add less than 0.5 million.)
  • 2.2 million. Canadian men and women with a federal gun licence at 31 March 2019.
  • 936,459. Handguns registered to private individuals at 30 April 2019. Including businesses and museums, the total rises to 1.06 million.
  • 443,000. Canadians prohibited by courts from owning firearms (2017).
  • 260,677. Canadian adults with a federal firearm licence who own at least one registered handgun as of 31 March 2019.
  • 90,000. Estimate of Canadians (mainly police, law-enforcement and military) allowed or required to carry loaded guns in daily life for personal and public safety.
  • 75,634. AR-15 target rifles registered to individuals at 14 Aug. 2019.
  • 10,000. Canadian youth aged 12-17 with licences to use, but not buy, firearms.
  • 4,500. Firearm and ammunition businesses in Canada. (Roughly 1,500 are licensed to sell firearms.)
  • 3,000. Estimate of guns bought and sold every day. (Roughly 1/3 new guns and 2/3 used guns.)
  • 1,400. Target-shooting ranges in Canada. About the same as the number of hospitals.
  • 1,000. New handguns, AR-15 rifles and other “Restricted” firearms bought in Canada each week.
  • 365. Days each year that people with gun licences get a background check.
  • 266. “Firearm-related” homicides in 2016, according to Statistics Canada. Fatal stabbings have exceeded fatal shootings this millennium.
  • 16. Percentage of suicides by shooting, behind hanging/suffocation (44%) and poisoning (25%).
  • 13. Percent of Canadian men who have a firearm licence, or almost one in seven.
  • 13. Percent of Canadian gun-licence holders who are women.
  • 10. Potential years in jail for not renewing your gun licence on time.
  • 3. Legal classifications for firearms in Canada.
  • 2. Team Canada shooters in the 2016 Summer Olympics.
  • 2. Female Team Canada shooters in the 2016 Summer Olympics.
  • 0. Number of violent criminals with firearms who obey firearm laws.

https://thegunblog.ca/facts-stats/

Guest ProudConservative
8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I hope it's nothing more than education, lots of vids out there about hard core non believers that all fire arms should be banned period , and then when someone took the time to take them out to the range they became fire arms owners themselves. I know a lot of women shooters that took up the sport shooting  and could out perform me on the range any day of the week. fire arms in Canada is a multi billion dollar industry and growing.... all this liberal garbage is only going to kill all of that, then in a few years will be reversed by the cons...  

The solution isn't the arm liberals as a deterrent against thugs... No the solutions, is to get rid as many guns as possible. PERIOD!

Think of guns like a Virus, the more people have have the virus, the higher the chance of death.

Guns make it far less creepy to Murder someone. If a thug wants to kill someone who offended them, the thug might have to run to the kitchen... Find a knife, and chase the person down and start stabing them.... By the time the thug has the knife in his hand, he's most likely will get some goosebumps and back off.

With a gun... it's just BANG!!!! BANG!!!! Yur dead homie!

14.thumb.jpg.6894277f0ee15eaf2bd087c8f24f2ef0.jpg