Trudeau/Bill Blair . . . . gun control.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

The police are nothing more than public sector unionized thugs for the government which also bankrupt the public purse, anybody calling to hire more of these goons is patently naive.

Kind of like the military?  On the taxpayers dime but showing allegiance to some foreign queen, president, country, or what ever flavour of the day is . . . . show some deference.

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Kind of like the military?  On the taxpayers dime but showing allegiance to some foreign queen, president, country, or what ever flavour of the day is . . . . show some deference.

I don't trust the military at all, it's a totally broken institution,  I have already said my preference is to disband it.

I mean, they arrested Vice Admiral Norman on trumped up charges without even doing an investigation,  if they do that to him, what would they do to you ?

Nobody who has served in the Canadian Forces trusts the Canadian Forces, no one knows better than us how utterly dysfunctional and corrupt it is.

My point is simply that you should not think the police are any less  corrupt and dysfunctional than the military, it's the same kind of crony culture.

All governance in Canada is rotten to the core, hence why I advocate for the overthrow of Canada itself : Confederation delenda est.

Graham says it's the only thing standing between you and the third world ?

Not true, Canada is run exactly like a Banana Republic, the politically connected are above the law and set upon your throats therein.

The elites in Canada are despots,  and as such,  the real role of the police and military is to protect them from you.

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

My point is simply that you should not think the police are any less  corrupt and dysfunctional than the military, it's the same kind of crony culture.

All governance in Canada is rotten to the core, hence why I advocate for the overthrow of Canada itself : Confederation delenda est.

Graham says it's the only thing standing between you and the third world ?

Not true, Canada is run exactly like a Banana Republic, the politically connected are above the law and set upon your throats therein.

The elites in Canada are despots,  and as such,  the real role of the police and military is to protect them from you.

Police and politicians are corrupt.  Power in general corrupts.  It's sad but it's a fact of life and has never been not true in Canada or any country throughout human history.  What matters is the level of corruption.  in 3rd world countries it's far, far worse.  People disappear, everyone is bought off, there is far less rule of law than here.

You want to overthrow Canada but you sound like a spoiled ungrateful whiner.  95% of the human population has a government far worse off than Canada and would kill to live in a relatively free and stable society. It's not perfect, ok so reform it.  If you like America better, move.

Police sometimes act like a-holes, and protect their own like virtually every single organization that deals with the public.  The police were completely out of line during the G20 protests.  They need to be held accountable. So do our politicians, which they aren't except at the ballot box.  Everyone needs to know the law and know their rights, if you don't you'll be way too easy to eff with.

You've been burned by your employer and your government, ya so what.  So have most people.  If you think it's any better in the US or the UK you're fooling yourself. Grow old in the countryside and enjoy the fresh air and be happy, nobody will bother u there.

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Because it's our legal right.  It's none of the cop's (the state's) business.  You weren't committing any crime and he had no reason or evidence to believe you were.  Wheeling a bike out an alley downtown at 2am is not illegal.  He could not detain you for questioning because there was no crime that he saw being committed or had been reported being committed.  He can watch you as you go on your way, but that's it.

He's just doing his job, but you also have a right to answer or not answer to the government about your comings and goings.  IMO where i go and what i do, if it's legal, is none of the government's business.  But people are scared of cops and don't know their rights, and the police take advantage of this constantly.  A cop is a public servant, and has a responsibility to treat you with respect and professionalism just like any public servant, and you can speak to their supervisor or file a formal complaint if they don't just like you can if some disgruntled clerk treats you like crap when renewing your driver's license at the wicket.

You seriously believe Argus would have been allowed to go on his way if he was black?

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You want to overthrow Canada but you sound like a spoiled ungrateful whiner.

I did my time in the trenches for Canada, I don't owe Canada a thing, I despise Canada and I don't care what Canadians think about it, I despise most of them as well

Who is going to call me a whiner ?  Some gutless bourgeois twit who works in an office ?  Yeah okay whatever, tough guy.

Edited by Dougie93

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I did my time in the trenches for Canada, I don't owe Canada a thing, I despise Canada and I don't care what Canadians think about it, I despise most of them as well

Who is going to call me a whiner ?  Some gutless bourgeois twit who works in an office ?  Yeah okay whatever, tough guy.

Who's acting like the tough guy here?  LOL.  You don't know where I work or my income.  Waving a gun around doesn't make a person tough, nor does acting tough on the internet.  You got burned by our government and its people, sorry to hear.  They're a bunch of heartless self-serving a-holes, you'll find them everywhere though. Human nature.  Lots of US vets thrown in the trash too. Wish you the best.

40 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Who's acting like the tough guy here?  LOL.  You don't know where I work or my income.  Waving a gun around doesn't make a person tough, nor does acting tough on the internet.  You got burned by our government and its people, sorry to hear.  They're a bunch of heartless self-serving a-holes, you'll find them everywhere though. Human nature.  Lots of US vets thrown in the trash too. Wish you the best.

Like I say, I've served Canada and I didn't whine about it, I did my job for Canada, in the infantry, if Canadians want to call me a whiner, that says more about them than me.

I don't expect anything as a veteran, but I do have contempt for Canadians, because they are the kind of people who would call their own vets whiners, which is gutless.

If people are want to rally around this loonie leftist Post National State, that's their choice, but I simply don't, if they are butt hurt about that, too bad.

As for owning a gun to protect my wife and property, I feel no shame about that,  the shame is on Canadians for seizing my property without cause.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

You seriously believe Argus would have been allowed to go on his way if he was black?

Maybe. But if he was black and lived in Toronto right now probably not.

326 People Accused Of Gun Crimes Are Roaming Around Toronto Right Now

https://www.narcity.com/amp/toronto-gun-charges-have-left-over-300-accused-offenders-out-on-bail

96250c28f44321d34c0ef823f9a740ca.jpg_1200x630.jpg

Edited by Teena
Word change

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Like I say, I've served Canada and I didn't whine about it, I did my job for Canada, in the infantry, if Canadians want to call me a whiner, that says more about them than me.

I don't expect anything as a veteran, but I do have contempt for Canadians, because they are the kind of people who would call their own vets whiners, which is gutless.

I'm not calling you a whiner for being a veteran or serving.  I respect your service.  But I don't have to respect every political opinion you have or anything else personally about you or any other Forces member because you're a veteran.  You don't get to hide behind "being a veteran" any time you're being criticized for political opinions.  That's being gutless.

My grandfathers both served.  The one I knew was the toughest SOB I've ever met.  He didn't try to pull rank if some guy on the street mouthed off at him .  Give me a break.

I don't expect anything as a veteran,

Except the right to call for Canada's destruction but when you're criticized for the opinion you're like "i'm a veteran, that's disrespectful, how dare you, you're gutless".  Geez the entitlement bro.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

I'm not calling you a whiner for being a veteran or serving.  I respect your service.  But I don't have to respect every political opinion you have or anything else personally about you or any other Forces member because you're a veteran.  You don't get to hide behind "being a veteran" any time you're being criticized for political opinions.  That's being gutless.

My grandfathers both served.  The one I knew was the toughest SOB I've ever met.  He didn't try to pull rank if some guy on the street mouthed off at him .  Give me a break.

Except the right to call for Canada's destruction but when you're criticized for the opinion you're like "i'm a veteran, that's disrespectful, how dare you, you're gutless".  Geez the entitlement bro.

You falsely accuse me of being a whiner, I'm not pulling rank on you, I'm just calling you gutless for it, which you are.

30 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Why?  You're gutless for calling me gutless.

You're falsely accusing a veteran of being a whiner, that's gutless.

I'm used to Canadians having contempt for my service, that's their prerogative, but calling me a whiner after all that I've endured, is pathetic,

Again, that says more about them than it does about me.

Certainly doesn't make me feel less contempt for Canada, it only confirms to me what Canada is all about.

I'm genuinely sorry that I served Canada, I'm ashamed that I was such a fool.

Edited by Dougie93

28 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm used to Canadians having contempt for my service, that's their prerogative, but calling me a whiner after all that I've endured, is pathetic,

Certainly doesn't make me feel less contempt for Canada, it only confirms to me what Canada is all about.

Not really a whiner, just telling it like it is, but even if you were whining, that isn't such a bad thing, The President of Canada Knows.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not really a whiner, just telling it like it is, but even if you were whining, that isn't such a bad thing, The President of Canada Knows.

I'm not whining about anything, I have appropriate contempt for Canada and all the Canadians who stabbed my brothers in the back.

They're still stabbing their troops in the back, there's a whole 'nother generation of Canadian soldiers whom Canada is treating with utter contempt right now.

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not whining about anything, I have appropriate contempt for Canada and all the Canadians who stabbed my brothers in the back.

They're still stabbing their troops in the back, there's a whole 'nother generation of Canadian soldiers whom Canada is treating with utter contempt right now.

If you were whining there is plenty to whine about. But you're just pointing out how contemptible Confederation is, which is merely a statement of fact, the person whining is the one getting butthurt that you don't like Canada as much as they do.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

If you were whining there is plenty to whine about. But you're just pointing out how contemptible Confederation is, which is merely a statement of fact. 

I just speak what is in my heart, I'm not asking for anything from Canada, I'm not whining about my lot in life.

But I gave my all for Canada, when I was on my chin strap and other guys were collapsing on the side of the road, I kept going, found another gear which I didn't know I had.

For Canada, for that Maple Leaf flag, I pushed myself beyond limits I didn't know existed.

Now Canadians call me a whiner.     That's what you get for serving Canadians.

I can't even stand the sight of that Maple Leaf flag anymore, I won't even have it in my house.

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

You can dish it but you can't take it.  And when someone dishes it you accuse them of being "gutless" because you're a "veteran".  Again, you aren't immune to criticism of your political opinions because you served in the Canadian Forces.  My comments had nothing to do with your service in the Forces, so I don't know why you even bring up your veteran status. I honour and thank you for your service, but your service had nothing to do with our convo.

Your contempt for Canada and Canadians I now realize is obviously connected to your treatment in the Forces somehow.  So I won't call you a whiner anymore.  You've never said how you were mistreated or what happened to you so i have no idea what you've endured, but again something happened and i can read between the lines.  I'm sorry you were harmed and that the gov doesn't give a crap.  That's an utter tragedy and you''re right to be angry.

Canada treats its veterans like crap, like pretty much every government.  My point was that yes Canadian police and politicians are corrupt, but that's true in every country.  If you think the US government is any better at treating their veterans that's a joke.  The only difference is that many Americans themselves tend to respect veterans more, at least the non-urban liberals do, so you're right about that.

My gramps was tough as nails but probably had PTSD, you probably have PTSD or some other mental or physical ailment.  His PTSD has ripped through our family, reverberated for generations, has destroyed lives and keeps destroying them, brought people to their knees, and nobody in my fam has been left unscathed.  I have the utmost empathy for your situation and your contempt for Canada.  Governments don't care about their employees, private corporations don't care about their employees.  It's all a big rat-race, humans are selfish a-holes, they just want money or to suck up to their superiors so they can get more money and status or a promotion etc.  And they'll grind the people under them into the dirt if it will get them ahead in the game.  Unfortunately this isn't isolated to Canada, it's human nature.  You will find no reprieve from this in any other country, that's my point.

In my adulthood I've realized that in life someone is either screwing you in the a$$ or you're screwing someone else in the a$$. As a kid you're shielded by it more since you have your parents and teachers to protect you.  As an adult you're left on your own to defend against the wolves.  It's exhausting keeping up the defense cuz the wolves are always at the door.

I have no idea what you've been through, I'm just a "civilian" but I've been through all sorts of nightmare sh!t and have seen others. It's easy to lose myself on the internet, it's a tempting distraction from life for me, but the winners i know are too busy kicking ass at life to spend time on message boards, i try to remember that.  I've learned it's best to deal with the issue at hand head-on & not ignore it, and at the same time let go of your anger, hatred, resentment.  It will only destroy you more to walk around holding onto anger.  Don't let them cause you one more minute of misery than is necessary.  Flip the wolves the finger, sue them if you have to, then move on and be happy and in peace.  It's eat or be eaten, you lost, tip your cap, learn your lesson, move on. Use the lesson against the next set of wolves, teach the lessons to your loved ones.  Enjoy the country and the fresh air.  Best of health to you my friend, don't let the pink pills make you sleep too much. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well, that's a very heartfelt and considerate response,  so I will concede that I was wrong to say you are gutless and I apologize for that.

I still hate Canada though.   Ignominious Post National State stabbing us all in the backs.

Dougie and any other people that have served in the Military on this forum - ArmyGuy and anyone else, I thank you for your service. Thank you for sacrificing holidays, birthdays, family time and much more to protect our rights and freedoms. I realized after reading Moonlight's post that I have never said thank you for this on this Forum. I did wear a poppy but I see now how I missed the opportunity to say more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

but the winners i know are too busy kicking ass at life to spend time on message boards, i try to remember that.

Well I guess I'm a loser by Canadian standards then, but where I come from,  it used to be called retirement.

I have enough money to not have to work a job anymore, so I just entertain myself with online trading and publishing my view of things to internet forums.

Beats working for a living ;  work is bullshit and jobs are jails.