It's Official, the Trump-Russia Investigation was a Partisan Witch Hunt

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

If I testified in court with as many intentional inaccuracies as the FBI did in this FISA process for sure it would be considered criminal activity. If I did this kind of lying in sworn testimony in an attempt to remove a sitting President from office you bet it would be considered treasonous.

Now that you know the definition of treason, can you see how it applies? 

It would be a lot easier to see it in action, in the form of charges and trials.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump is more correct than he realizes, going back to the FISA court establishment in 1978.

The process has blurred the line between intelligence gathering and constitutional prosecution/protection of citizen rights.

...long before Trump.

Like I said there's never a well armed and regulated militia around when you need one.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Like I said there's never a well armed and regulated militia around when you need one.

Well, absent that, Trump has successfully blunted his own sins by challenging the "Deep State" status quo, upsetting many of the career wonks who thought they could always get away with it under the guise of "national security".    Trump is an outsider with zero experience in such clandestine operations and organizations that thrive on getting away with it.

Trump's base (and others) are now sufficiently convinced that the FBI purposely "spied" on the Trump campaign and mislead the FISA court to do so.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, absent that, Trump has successfully blunted his own sins by challenging the "Deep State" status quo, upsetting many of the career wonks who thought they could always get away with it under the guise of "national security".    Trump is an outsider with zero experience in such clandestine operations and organizations that thrive on getting away with it.

Trump's base (and others) are now sufficiently convinced that the FBI purposely "spied" on the Trump campaign and mislead the FISA court to do so.  

Yeah, declaring himself Prez for life should be a snap to justify now. His base will surely roar in approval.

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Lol. He's not even at the end of his first term and for some reason idiots are accusing him of trying to stay President forever. You believe literally everything you see on CNN.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-2024-election-third-term-mike-huckabee-impeachment-inquiry-a9244761.html

Yeah it's all fake or fox, right?  

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Lol. He's not even at the end of his first term and for some reason idiots are accusing him of trying to stay President forever. You believe literally everything you see on CNN.

I don't watch CNN.

The only way to destroy or escape a previous administration's Deepstate is to apparently outdistance it - by denying any other administrations than your own. You worried the 2nd Amendment folks might object to an eternal Republican administration or something?  Would you?   

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The only way to destroy or escape a previous administration's Deepstate is to apparently outdistance it - by denying any other administrations than your own. You worried the 2nd Amendment folks might object to an eternal Republican administration or something?  Would you?   

Administrations routinely come and go with short times on stage compared to the lasting underpinnings and inertia of the federal government.

Trump's first term is nearly over and America will quickly shift to the next political prize fight in 2020.  Two term presidents find they are less and less effective as time goes on, ultimately winding down in acknowledged "lame duck" status.  And that...will be that...even for Trump.   The courts will be his lasting legacy.

A prime minister with majority control has far more unchecked power than a U.S. president....without term limits.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

I think that's funny, borderline hilarious, but I don't think it's serious at all. 

Trump also joked about asking Russia to find the 33,000 missing emails, and that was funny, but some people pretended that it constituted treason. 

Whatever. Trump is accomplishing enough in this term that his stolen time" argument wouldn't stand up even if he actually did try it.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don't watch CNN.

You might not watch them but you do a good job of regurgitating their fake talking points and ignoring blatant facts which they also find inconvenient, so whatever newz source you follow is just the same crap from a different pile.

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You might not watch them but you do a good job of regurgitating their fake talking points and ignoring blatant facts which they also find inconvenient, so whatever newz source you follow is just the same crap from a different pile.

Yes you've indicated before your awareness of just how deep and wide the tentacles reach.   They'll probably have a special Gulag waiting for woke people like you.

13 minutes ago, Shady said:

I know, like how could anyone accuse the mainstream media of having some kind of bias. :blink:

It's how millions imagine this bias is just the tip of a globe-spanning institution out to control people's minds, take their freedoms away, give all their money to the 3rd world and destroy the economy that's at issue.  That's not funny its stupid, pathetic and dangerous.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

It's how millions imagine this bias is just the tip of a globe-spanning institution out to control people's minds, take their freedoms away, give all their money to the 3rd world and destroy the economy that's at issue.  That's not funny its stupid, pathetic and dangerous.

I can’t speak to that, you seem to know more about it.  I’m just commenting on the blatant media bias.  As in exhibit A that I posted.  You can continue to be a denier though.

• Like 1

Eyeball you have literally no clue how important the media actually is, and how much damage their bias causes. 

Our country is stuck with the worst PM in the last 30 years because of media bias, and he has good reason to feel like his ethics breaches and undemocratic tendencies are a-ok because the media will cover for him.

It's just as bad to have state-controlled media here as it is in Venezuela or Iran.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shady said:

I can’t speak to that, you seem to know more about it.  I’m just commenting on the blatant media bias.  As in exhibit A that I posted.

Right. The FBI = the Deepstate.:lol:

You can continue to be a denier though.

I've never denied that bias exists or it's effect on people. I mean, how many freakin' times do I have to point at the overwhelming triggering effect that bias is having on conservatives?

Of course bias exists - even reality has a progressive bias for God's sake...look at evolution for crying out loud.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, taxme said:

Oh man, are you ever way way out in far left field. 

No Taxme. Trump does not have a monopoly on the right of center. Nothing in what Eyeball has said about Trump differs then some of us far more to the right than he on issues. Its got nothing to do with Trump being a victim of leftist Liberals, bullshit.

Trump admitted to using his office to pressure the Ukraine to investigate Biden. He never denied it.  He admitted it and then asked China to do the same. He admitted using his office to pressure a government to investigate his political opponent.

The fact the Republicans apologize for what he did shows their partisanship and nothing else. Having a conflict of interest is a legal concept not a political one. Trump has turned a legal conflict of interest issue into a pathetic attempt to protect himself by making it partisan and claiming  there is no difference between himself and the office he represents and his interests are automatically the interests of the United States and Potus.

You defend him because he is a fascist and that suits your ideology. In fact Conservatives could not and should not support Trump. He uses government to crush individuality, equality and to bully and  abuse those he disagrees with.  He is the anti-thesis of a Conservative.The only reason he does not wear a brown shirt is he dodged the armed forces but he has no problem wrapping himself in a flag to get his crowds riled up.

Today just when he could not lower his pathetic self any lower after his tantrum diatribe to Pelosi he made an absolutely pitiful remark as to one of his recently deceased opponents suggesting this person was now in hell.

Republicans in the  House of Representatives  quickly distanced themselves from him and walked over and apologized to  his widow today.

This is past partisanship. 

Right. The FBI = the Deepstate.:lol:

I've never denied that bias exists or it's effect on people. I mean, how many freakin' times do I have to point at the overwhelming triggering effect that bias is having on conservatives?

Of course bias exists - even reality has a progressive bias for God's sake...look at evolution for crying out loud.

You seem to be obsessed over the name.  Just pretend deep state was originally dubbed unelected lifelong bureaucrats.  Maybe you’ll understand better and not be so hung up over a name.  The name is subjective.  What it represents isn’t.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shady said:

You seem to be obsessed over the name.  Just pretend deep state was originally dubbed unelected lifelong bureaucrats.  Maybe you’ll understand better and not be so hung up over a name.  The name is subjective.  What it represents isn’t.

I understand perfectly what you're saying I'm simply pointing out that it's a blatant back-peddle from what millions of your fellow conservatives and especially the most powerful and influential one say.  It's not the least bit subjective or abstract to them.